A Knight w/ Shinning Eyes

Od bl_principito

[Royals Series] Neal and Eric's Book: *Can Be Read Separately* *Its a 2-in-1 story my guys* There was some... Více

1. Fear
2. A Thankful Thought
3. Blank
4. Kill or "R-pe"
5. Mating
6. Being Dominated
7. Eric the Sir
8. Just A Lil' Jinx
9. Shane & Diesel
10. Pretty Eyes. Bright Eyes?
11. Fates Fox
12. A History Spill
13. Late Night Catchup
14. "Pure" Anger
15. Fully Aware
16. The Pack Next Door
Chapter "17"
Chapter "17" pt. 2
17. Addiction
18. Bonding Night
19. Their Arrogant Mate
20. Relationships Are Different - 1
21. Relationships are Different 2.
22. Home
23. Lost Brother
25. Meet the Family?
26. Heading Back
27. A Fighting Chance
28. Елена
29. Thas Family
30. Inexistent Time
31. Their Scent
32. Music Taste
33. Wake-up Call
34. Fall in Love
35. I Trust The Guy
36. A Chance to be Happy
37. Intimidation Pt.1
38. Spastically Worth It
39. Intimidation Pt.2
40. Definitely Middle Spoon
41. The End of a War
42. A Knife in a Word Fight
43. Family.
44. A Rogue from the Past
45. Official Luna
46. You Came to Me
47. Pack Therapist
48. Do Omegas Fight?
49. Ian's Epilogue
50. Neal's Epilogue

24. We Will Be Okay

513 37 0
Od bl_principito

Edit/Re-Written: June 13, 2022   

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Twenty-Four; We Will Be Okay

Warnings: none

Fluctuating 3rd POV

     There is a knock on the door. The sound makes Eric groan on his mate's lap, turning on the narrow couch so he can snuggle into Neal's stomach as he tries to nap. Said mate laughs at the antics, leaning down to press a kiss on the side of Eric's head. It's quick, fleeting, and when he's done it he pulls back to resume running his hands through the other's hair. Moments pass and there's another knock. Finally deciding to respond, Neal sighs and rests back against the headrest of the couch.

     "Come in." He whispers, knowing the extent of a wolf's hearing capabilities. Knowing that, he also knows that no matter how quiet he is, he'll never be quiet enough not to risk Eric's naptime. He is, in the simplest of terms; lovestruck. There hasn't been a moment since being mates with Eric that he hadn't considered the other some type of god. It might seem like an exaggeration to others, but he doesn't know how else to describe the other. Eric is perfectly sculpted to meet his needs, and wants.

     The door to the cabin opens and Neal doesn't have to look up to know that it's Ian and his twin mates walking in. The weight of the footsteps and the unrecognized, heavier ones, tell him as much.

     "Hey, oh - is he napping?" Ian questions and Neal looks up at him - smiling softly.

     "Yeah, we're heading out today - back to my brothers for a while." Neal explains. He hasn't exactly asked Dayon, but then again, he isn't planning on staying in the small apartment with them. He's okay with sleeping next to his brother for comfort, for safety, but the main reason why he wants to go there is for his brothers to meet his mate. "But don't worry, Ian, if you miss me you can always call me over."

     He finishes his suggestion with a wink, ignoring the holes that are surely being burned into him by his best friends' mates'. Groaning, Ian rubs his temple, huffing slightly. "Still a flirt, I see."

     Yes, Neal concludes, but he can't help it because he's too easy. Leaning forward, Neal grabs a folded blanket at the end of the couch, unfolding it and pulling it over Eric. When his mate is covered and comfortable, he motions to the empty couch with his hand, nonverbally telling Ian to take a seat.

     "So, what's your plan?" Neal asks, curious as ever. Instead of verbally responding, Ian simply motions his head to his mates. Live with them? "You think that's a good idea?"

     Before Ian can respond, or his mates can speak up behind him, Eric is tugging at his shirt - catching Neal's attention and making him look down at him with a hum. "Remember what I told you about your brother? Don't be so overprotective, it's his choice."

     With a raised eyebrow he asks, "I assume you're okay with this decision?"

     Eric nods, pulling the end of Neal's shirt and leaning even closer, nosing at the bare skin of his abdomen before letting the shirt fall over his head. "Of course, I'm the one that told them where Mark would be."

     Confused, Neal looks towards his friend for clarification. Ian sighs at the look, "Your mate ratted out the patch of forest where I would be most likely to hang out if they hadn't bumped into me here."

     What-? "You smell divine, Neal." Eric groans - trying to change the topic.

     Trying to get back to the topic, Neal shrugs off the compliment. "Yeah yeah, just don't-" A sharp intake of breath cuts off his sentence because somehow his mate has both hands around his torso, fingers digging into his sides softly.

     Ian smirks in front of them, "Eric, I hope you know that he's ticklish."

     "Bastard." Neal snaps.

     "Well-deserved revenge." Ian rebuttals without missing a beat.

     Pulling back from the cocoon he had created, Eric peeks up at his mate with a grin. "I'll stop if you grant me a kiss."

     Neal scoffs, Ian responds. "Uh, no, thank you. Keep the rated stuff to when no one's here." He says with a wrinkle in his nose. Looking up at him, Neal smirks.

     "Will you always be PG with them?" It's none of his business, but Ian has never shied away from up-front questions. The twin mates are still leaning against the wall next to the door of the cabin, eyes silently taking in the entire interaction.

     "Yes? Am an angel." Ian chirps, fingers itching to strangle his best friend when Neal's smirk just widens.

     "Why make them wait? You were never PG with me." Finally, it seems that Ian understands what his best friend is doing, eyes flickering to the side when his mate's presence seems to double - Alpha pheromones heavy.

     "Well, we'll have to wait and see." He shrugs, discarding the topic and the tease entirely. Leaning forward he frowns, recalling what he had to deal with every time he accompanied Neal back to the city where his brothers were staying. "Are you going to be okay? You know you get flashbacks and mood swings when you start thinking about your family, especially when you're with them." He doesn't let Neal respond, instead continuing to push. "And don't tell me that you have your medications, you only take them when you happen to have a "down" day, which isn't smart at all."

     With a sigh, Neal turns his head to his friends' mates. "Can you close the door? There's a draft and I'm freezing. And can you guys please sit down somewhere?" Neal states swiftly, annoyed by the pheromones and the draft. They listen swiftly, closing the door and taking a seat on the unused kitchen chairs at a diagonal from the living room space. Turning back to Ian, Neal decides to respond. "To answer your question; I'll be okay. I always am - I haven't killed myself yet, anyways."

     Looking down at Eric, a golden eye peeks up at him and he smiles - I'm not planning to, don't worry. "And besides, I have Eric with me. So if I do have flashbacks or mood swings, I have someone to fall back on."

     Ian lifts his legs onto the couch and crosses them with a pout, "And what, you couldn't rely on me?"

     "It wasn't that, Ian." Neal answers with a shake of his head, "You're one of the few people I trust, I also consider you my best friend. It's not that I can't rely on you - it's just that I didn't want to drag you into the nightmare that I wouldn't wish on anyone. And besides, you have your own things to deal with."

     With furrowed eyebrows, Ian asks, "My own things?"

     "Ever since we met you've believed that you're inferior to everything in this forest, because you're an Omega. But youre strong, Ian, strong enough to beat everyone within this Pack by yourself." Ian lets out a huff at Neal's explanation. He's probably right, especially when knowing that Neal could take on and beat five of the supposed strongest guards of the forest in less than ten minutes.

     They continue talking and after a while Ian finally stands, "I think it's time I go back and say my final goodbye before, you know, yeehting." He states, a small smile tickling the ends of his lips as he stares down at Neal. Sighing heavily, he lets his shoulders slump. "When will you be back?"

     Thinking it over, Neal responds, "I don't know, not longer than a month for sure. I also don't want to get involved in whatever your parents are scheming, so yeah - a month." Leaning down, Neal presses a kiss against Eric's forehead - who is unsuccessfully trying not to look at him - and stands, shifting to keep his mate from sitting up. Once he's in front of Ian, he lets out a sigh, "When will you be back?"

     When the question leaves him he smiles and extends his arms downward. At the gesture, Ian's eyes water and he quickly steps forward to wrap his arms around Neal's neck and bring him into a hug. Neal wraps his own arms around Ian's torso, hiding his face in the other's neck and simply enjoys the comfort that his friend brings.

     "Around the same time as you." Ian finally mutters with a sniffle, pulling back. "We have to be sure to catch up when we can."

     "Yes sir!" Neal squawks. "Wouldn't want you keeping secrets from me."

     With a scoff, Ian pushes him away. "As if, even if I didn't tell you anything you'd probably figure them out anyways."

     After a pensive second, Neal agrees, "True." Turning to look over at his friends mates, he makes sure their eyes meet before continuing. "Be sure to take care of him, he tends to be quite a handful - you'll find out that he fidgets a lot." Not waiting for their response, he turns towards his mate and pats the side of his head. "Come say goodbye to your nephew."

     Groaning, Eric shifts on the couch for a second before sitting up and standing up. He turns to Ian with a large grin, "You've done good, pup. You've helped many and you've grown strong, now it's your turn to help yourself."

     Sending a sharp glare his way, Ian bites at his bottom lip. "I'm mad at you for giving them our location."

     With a hum, Eric raises an eyebrow. "Are you mad that they found you or mad that they put themselves in danger and could have potentially started a war?"

     Before he can respond, Neal is stepping forth. "I'll answer; he's mad that you put his mates in danger." Neal finishes, and Ian can't help but growl at him. "What?" Neal responds innocently, placing a hand on his mate's shoulder. "Come on, Ian, we all know you have a soft spot."

     Eric continues in his place, stepping forward to engulf Ian in a hug. "I care about you, pup, that's why I gave them a possible location." Pulling back he cups Ian's face, "Take care of yourself, we'll see you in a month."

     Hesitantly, Ian nods. 

><><><><><

I honestly forget this story exists.

<3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

139K 3.9K 45
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
969K 39.5K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
7M 337K 92
Book 2: The Fated Chronicles Will doesn't trust anyone. Doesn't let them in because he doesn't want to get hurt again, he can't afford to. Will is lo...
514K 12.9K 16
Axel looked with tears in his eyes as he saw his ex-boyfriend walking hand in hand with his best friend. He never expected it to be this way. No not...