Success ~ {Connor x OC}

Af MeggieLeggie

~ "Connor..." Adrie breathed. She watched as the android's LED slowly shifted between the primary colors of... Mere

Cast + Playlist + Introduction + Trailer
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Three

130 4 0
Af MeggieLeggie

Adrie sat at her desk in the police station.  Traces of dust covered the surface area, small wrappers from several pieces of candy were strewn about, and a single picture rested next to her computer.  Adrie was nursing a cup of coffee, the steam billowing from the mug and mixing with the air.  She loved the smell of coffee.  Authentic coffee, not the common, synthetic, cheap coffee she saw everywhere.  Real coffee smelt of freshly brewed Colombian beans.  It reminded her of waking up to a fresh cup everyday back in high school.

Adrie's fingers drummed on her desk.  Her eyes were fixed on her computer's monitor.  Information regarding past deviant cases filled the screen.  She mentally took note of the deviants who had yet to be found.  Music played through the earbuds nesting in her ears.  Smooth, liquid-like jazz flitted through her consciousness.  She softly hummed to the melody as she continued her research.

A hand waving in front of her face drew her attention away from the deviant files.  She looked up to see the detective android from yesterday.  She scowled.

"Good morning, Detective Baum," Connor said.  Adrie rolled her eyes and returned her gaze to her computer.  No android would distract her from her work.  She was just getting back into reading about some RK200 when she felt a tap on her shoulder.  She pulled her earbuds out and turned.  Connor was standing behind her, an expectant look on his face.

"What?" she questioned.

"I was wondering if you know where Lieutenant Anderson is," Connor said.  Adrie shrugged.

"Dunno, he's probably in some bar," she answered.  Connor nodded, looking around the station.

"Which desk is his?" Connor asked.  Adrie pointed behind her back to the one across the aisle from hers.

"That one, says his name and everything," she replied, then turned back to her computer.  She watched Connor move toward Hank's desk.  She smirked, knowing the reaction Hank would have toward the android at his desk.

Adrie took a sip from her coffee.  She replaced her earbuds in her ears then continued working.  The RK200 seemed to have belonged to a Manfred, Carl.  Escaped after assaulting the son of its owner.  She delved deeper into the file.  She had heard of this Manfred before, but couldn't place the name.

In her periphery, she saw Connor pick up an MP12 and headphones off of Hank's desk.

"You really shouldn't touch that," she called over.  Connor immediately shut off the device and placed it back on the desk.  Adrie was curious, so she continued to watch the android.  He touched something on the desk.

"Call Hank Anderson," he said.  Hank's voicemail recording answered Connor.  Adrie sighed.

"Lieutenant Anderson?  This is Connor, I'm the android sent by Cyberlife.  It's almost noon and I'm waiting for you at the office.  Detective Baum is expecting you," Connor said.  Adrie groaned.

"No, don't even remotely imply I sent you," she said.  Connor nodded.

"Detective Baum is no longer expecting you," he corrected, then pressed a button to end the call.  He continued to look around Hank's desk.  Adrie got bored watching him.  She turned up the volume of her music and continued working. 

Apparently, this RK200 was owned by famous artist and creator, Carl Manfred.  The android was a gift to the artist from creator of Cyberlife, Elijah Kamski.  Manfred's son was visiting him and the RK200 attacked.  Typical deviant behavior.

"It's good to see you again, Lieutenant."

Adrie smirked and peered over her monitor.  Hank had arrived at work.

"Uh, Jesus..." Hank groaned.

"Hank!  Adrie!  In my office!" Captain Fowler called.  Adrie looked up to see her boss returning to his room.  Adrie set her earbuds down and joined her partner.  Once all three detectives entered the office, Connor closed the door.

Adrie and Hank sat in front of Captain Fowler's desk.  Fowler was tall man, with a bald head and soft eyes.  Though he was kind, he commanded the police with great passion and leadership.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids on my desk everyday.  We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing their android maids and that kind of crap," Fowler began.  "But now, we're getting reports of assaults and even homicides, like that guy last night.  This isn't just Cyberlife's problem anymore.  It's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before the shit hits the fan."

Adrie was nodding, yet not paying very much attention.  She knew of these problems with androids.  Hell, she's known for years.  Her interest peaked when Captain Fowler said,

"I want you two to investigate these cases and see if there's any link."

"Why me?" Adrie and Hank said in unison.

"Why do I gotta be the one to deal with this shit?  I am the least qualified cop in the country to handle this case!" Adrie stated.

"I know jack shit about androids, Jeffrey!  I can barely change the settings on my own phone!" Hank added.

"Everybody's overloaded.  I think you're perfectly qualified for this type of investigation," Fowler said.

"Bullshit!" Hank exclaimed, rising from his chair, "The truth is nobody wants to investigate these fuckin' androids and you left me holdin' the bag!"

Adrie crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in her chair.  She was fuming.  Hank paced to the other side of the room.

"Cyberlife sent over this android to help with the investigation.  It's a state-of-the-art prototype.  It'll act as your partner," Fowler commanded.

"No fuckin' way!" Adrie said, standing as well, "We don't need another partner, and certainly not this plastic prick!"

"You two are seriously starting to piss me off!  You are a police lieutenant, and a detective in the top ranks, you are supposed to do what I say and shut your goddamn mouths!" Fowler shouted.

"Y'know what my goddamn mouth has to say to you, huh?" Hank replied, leaning into the captain.  Fowler raised his hand, stopping the lieutenant.

"Ok, ok.  I'll pretend like I didn't hear that, so I don't have to add any more pages to your disciplinary folder 'cause it already looks like a fuckin' novel!  This conversation is over!" Fowler yelled, looking at his computer to shut Hank out.  Adrie stepped forward.

"Jeffrey, Jesus Christ!  Why are you doin' this to me?  You know how much I hate these fuckin' things.  Why you doin' this to me?  To us!" Adrie said.  Fowler turned back to the pair.

"Listen, I've had just about enough of your bitching.  Either you two do your jobs, or you hand in your badges.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do," Fowler said with finality.  He turned back to his computer.  Adrie huffed.  She stormed out of the room, with Hank hot on her trail.  Hank slammed the door behind him, leaving Connor in the office with Fowler.

Adrie couldn't believe this!  After everything she had been through to get to where she was now.  The countless late hours, the constant persuasion, the toll it's taken on her mental state.  Now Fowler does something like this!  Androids are the last thing Adrie wants to deal with right now.

She sat in her seat.  Steam was practically pouring out of her ears.  She buried her face in her hands, digging the heel of her palms into her eyes.  She just wanted this to be over.  She didn't want to deal with this case.  She just wanted to drink coffee and work homicide.

"It's an honor to be working with you, Detective.  I'm sure we'll make a great team," Connor said.  Adrie looked up to see the android standing above her.  He was smiling, but it was obviously forced.  She rolled her eyes.  Connor readjusted himself.

"In any case, I'd like you to know that I'm very happy to be working with you," he continued.  Adrie rested her head in her hands again, shutting out the android.  She just wanted to be left alone.  It seemed that Connor could sense she needed some alone time, so he moved across the aisle to talk with Hank.

Adrie squinted her eyes shut.  She could feel the stress building up in her gut.  She swallowed a knot that had formed in her throat.  This case was the worst possible scenario.  Fowler knew her past, so why did he assign her to the deviants?

Adrie's hands balled up into fists.  The anxiety was flowing through her veins like poison in a blood stream.  She breathed in deeply, then smoothed her hands through her hair.  This wasn't going to bother her.  She was stronger than this.  She would solve the case, then go back to homicide. 

She nodded to herself, taking a sip from her now cold coffee.  She would play this scenario out.  She would impress the captain with her skills, then she would be promoted.  She needed to continue her climb up the ranks. 

"I know you didn't ask for this investigation, Lieutenant, but I'm sure you're a professional," Connor said.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself?" Hank replied.  Adrie looked over her monitor.  Hank was scrolling through a tablet in his hands, with Connor standing above him.  Suddenly, Connor removed the tablet from Hank and placed it on the desk.

"I'm going to file a report with my superiors that you refuse to work on this investigation," Connor threatened.  Adrie chewed on the inside of her cheek.

Hank grabbed Connor by the lapels and slammed him against the wall by his desk.

"Listen, asshole.  If it was up to me, I'd throw the lot of you in the dumpster and set a match to it.  So, stop pissing me off... or things are gonna get nasty," Hank said.  Officer Miller approached the scene carefully.

"Lieutenant," he began.  Hank released Connor from his grasp, "Sorry to disturb you, I have some information on the AX400 that attacked that guy last night.  It's been seen in the Ravendale district."

"I'm on it," Hank said.  He stepped away from Connor, then beckoned Adrie to follow.  She irritably got up from her chair and walked behind Hank.  Connor waited a moment, then ran to catch up with his new partners.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

4.7K 150 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
973 115 22
You decided to move to Detroit after graduating college from the state you were born and raised in. You were pursuing your dream career and you were...
DBH Af moooo

Fan Fiktion

67.8K 2.3K 18
Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife and Lieutenant Hank Anderson are now armed with the task of taking care of a five year old girl after she survi...
29.6K 1.2K 20
Her brother and she had a vision. A vision where people would have the power to create life. Machines that would change the world. They both knew tha...