DOUBLE TAKE (Part 8)

By nikkihershell

Tia was the most sought after model in Germany. Flanked with grace and beauty she was destined to be more. Ho... More

Twinkle Little Star
Welcome to America
Don't Even Think About It
For Hire
Too Much Too Soon
Cocktail Weeners Anyone??
Deep And Personal
Batter's Up
Truths Revealed
Inside My Mind
No Looking Back
Is This How It Should Be
Toy's Or Truth
Losing Gravity
Check Up
Dead Inside
Insane Clan
Break Away
Unforgiven
Straitjacket
Thing's That Go Boom
Too Much For You
She Love's Me.... Not
Letting My Heart Go
The King Has Spoken
King Vs King
Move Along
Fera
Making Money Moves
Later That Night
Decadent Bitterness
Wake Me When It's Over
One Emotion.... Seek And Destroy
Be Careful, I Bite Too
Irioning Out The Wrinkles
My Little Tease
Coming Soon... Double Dose
Almost Complete
Making It Through
It's here

Unemployed

3.4K 263 66
By nikkihershell

"You got it Tia. They fell in love with you. Congratulations to the newest face of Morris and Spindal."

I sat across from my new agent Ted and tried to digest what he had just said. Me, Tia the runaway was now the spokes model for the hugest fashion mongrel in America. This was unbelievable. I'd only been here less than two month's and scored what most model's strive for their entire career. I'm sure my modeling background in Germany boosted my chances and I had a lot of people to thank.

Ted grinned at my dumbfounded expression and rambled on. "This is huge lady. From this point out you're going to be one busy woman. There's so many details to go over. You meet with your new employer in two day's and your first shoot will be next week. It's for their newest perfume and will be on a soundstage in Manhattan so there's no travel. Here's what you will earn per shoot, fashion show, billboards, ads, and commercials" .

"Commercials?" I questioned on the verge of freaking. " but I'm no actress".

Ted laughed. "Relax. Most time there's no speaking parts. Your job is to be beautiful. Use your allure to sale the hell out of their products. The goal is to make women want to be you, envy you and if they feel owning the handbag  or watch your wearing will get them closer to being you, so be it. Now all you need to do is sign".

Ted slid a multitude of paper's across the desk toward me. Leaning up, I glanced over them and balked at the figures. It was outstanding and I'd be set for life. However my stomach was in knots. Everything was much simpler back in Germany. I was granted a lawyer to handle my paperwork and contracts. I had certain clauses I had specifically placed in my contract. Such as a nudity clause. Never would I pose nude. "Ted, shouldn't I find me a lawyer to look over this before signing? I have a nudity clause I'd like to add in my contract" .

Giving off a disappointed chuckle he tossed his hands up. "This isn't the porn industry. No one is going to ask you to get naked. At the most you may have to show a little side boob".

Leaning up he braced himself on his elbows and got serious. "Tia, let me be brutally honest here. This company won't wait. They have thousand of models beating down their door. You should thank your lucky stars they chose you given your age. We all know that most model's are done by age thirty and your clock is ticking. By the time you find a lawyer, draw up more paper's and add your personal demands... Well let's just say they'll probably go with someone else. Someone younger, fresher or someone already big. This is your chance at a breakthrough here. Don't mess it up. Trust me, I have your best interest at heart."

Looking back down at the contract I let his word's sink in. True, I didn't want the company to think I was difficult and move on to another easier model. My teeth worried my bottom lip as I came to a decision. With an unsure hand, I lifted the pen from its perch upon the desk. Slowly I etched my name on the dotted line. A feeling of unease washed over me but Ted exploded in excitement and scattered my thoughts. "Terrific. Now let me get these faxed off."

Swiping the paper's up, he stood and walked toward the door. Turning to look over his shoulder he said. "I went over the list of bodyguards you gave me. We meet with a few in a two hour's.  Go grab yourself some lunch but don't eat too much. We can't have you getting fat". He chuckled then went on his way.

With my half hearted smile froze to my face at his attempt at a joke I sat like a zombie. This was all so much to take in. Yes, I was absolutely thrilled at the job offer but that contract. I wish I could've been given time to have a lawyer look over it. Needing a friendly voice I rang Amas. I wasn't surprised when voicemail answered considering it was two in the morning in Germany. Feeling down, I grabbed my bag and left Ted's office. Taking his advice I stepped into a nearby deli then did some window shopping.

Exactly two hour's later I found myself tucked into a small conference room along with Ted. The first man entered and introduced himself as Miles Miller. He was nearing fifty in age but still boasted a fit physic. As I suspected he was ex military and looking for something to do to burn time. Even though I was sure he could keep me safe I just wasn't feeling him. After promising him a call back if interested we invited the next man in. Will Norris was his name and he was barely out of high school. Even though he bragged about his extensive martial arts training, this guy wasn't the one. An air of irresponsibility floated about him. Sending him off with the same promise as the first, we welcomed the new interviewee in. Immediately my interest was piked as soon as this man stepped in the door. Immaculately dressed in a new age suit by a top designer there was a certain confidence in his step. It even seemed that the air disappeared from his presence. As he moved closer I admired his broad shoulders and his cut figure beneath the suit. Finally settling my eye's on his face I wouldn't have been any more shocked had someone punched me in the gut. There he stood, the pushy asswad from the club a few week's ago. Oh what was his name? It was an odd name I recall and yes he crossed my mind for a few day's after our run in but I pretty much couldn't remember my own name or why I was even here at this moment.

As my eye's remained locked in him in utter disbelief the cocky bastard gave me a sly grin and winked at me. Rolling my eye's, I snapped my face away from him with attitude. This only made his grin broaden into a pearly white, heart stopping smile. Finally he spoke introducing himself. "I'm Heir Harper".

The way he pronounced his last name held power. As if his last name held the secret codes to end mankind. Without being asked to, he took it upon himself to sit. The way he leaned back in the chair so causally and rested his ankle on top of the opposite knee sent a shiver up my spine. There was definitely something off about this guy, even dangerous perhaps. "D-Did you say your last name was Harper?" Ted asked a bit preplexed.

Heir shot that smartass grin and replied. "Why yes I did. I am a Harper. Demarco Harper's son, London Harper's grandson". He nearly whistled between his teeth as his brows arched in a threatening manner.

A grin expression rested on Ted's face as I rolled Heir's last name around in my head. Where had I heard that name before? Was it from my sack of shit husband? Or could it be from my work? I do meet A lot of people in this industry. Settling on it being my job I tuned back into the interview. Ted sat quiet and Heir still wore a smirk. Confused as to why Ted seemed so remote, I decided to take the interview into my own hands. Clearing my throat I sat up straight. "So Mr. Harper, what are your credentials" ?

The cocky bastard laughed and leaned toward me. "If I told you I would have to kill you..... But if you must know I've been doing this form of work nearly all my life. Rest assured Firecracker, no one will guard you as well as I" .

Looking at Ted for support was useless. He sat quiet and still as a church mouse. In a voice laced with irritation I informed Heir. "My name is Tia, not Firecracker. In fact if you are to work for me I expect to be addressed as Miss at all time's. I'll have you know that I am Germany's most glorified model and soon I will be taking America by storm. The person I hire for this job must be able to withstand any and all situations ".

I hated myself right now for acting so "better than thou" but I wanted him to think I was some hair brained, materialistic diva that would be hard to work for because that is so not the truth. Normally I am the most kind and generous person one could meet but I had to deter him away from this job.

"And here I thought I was dealing with a struggling model". He seemed to scoff.

" like I said Miss Firecracker... You will come to no harm under my watch. In fact I'm too certified for such a low position. Consider yourself lucky at having caught my attention......Queen.

Damn. This asswad just shot it right back at me without even blinking. I could feel my temper heating up. Getting the best of myself I exploded which is such a rare occurrence for me. "That's right. I am a queen. I'm so fucking queen that people step aside when I walk by".

Hire continued to smirk seeming unphased by my outburst. "That's good to know Queen Firecracker. I just happen to be in the market for a queen".

" This interview is over. Please see yourself out and send the next qualified applicant in". I gritted out between my teeth.

I watched As Heir sent Ted a glare. A glare that seemed to issue a warning. Ted patted my knee from beneath the table. "This is your bodyguard now Tia. He's the one for the job".

What was happening here? "Absolutely not Ted. I refuse to work with him".

" Tia, remember I told you I have you best interest at heart. Trust me when I say this.... Especially on this".

Crossing my arm's I glared at Heir. "You can go. I'm sure Ted will be in touch".

Heir smiled a winning smile. "I'll be seeing you Firecracker" .

I snorted as a reply and soon as the door shut I turned my anger to Ted. "Explain to me what in the fuck just happened here?"

" I'm sorry Tia but you're new to the city and have a lot to learn. The Harper's run this place and have connections all over. If I had turned him down we both would've been over. Your career ended before it begun here. And that's if we were lucky ".

" how so? Talk Ted". I demanded.

Ted shook his head. "It's not even safe to talk about it. Just believe me when I say Heir will take the best of care of you my dear girl. It seems he has set his sights on you so please tread carefully".

None of this made sense. Ted might as well have been speaking in gibberish for all I understood. The only thing that mattered was finding a way to have Heir fired. Needless to say, the next morning I received an email staying that Ted had withdrew from being my agent. Now here I was, getting ready to start a new gig and I was agentless. After I was done reeling from this news I smiled. Now I could simply fire Heir. I was in business for myself after all. Smiling like I won first place, I placed the call.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 52.9K 45
When a broken Malia meets playboy Prince Louis at boarding school, past secrets emerge and a dangerous threat against the monarchy arises, but as the...
342K 21.3K 68
This is the third book in the Harper mafia series. If you haven't already, I suggest reading the first two before starting this one (Double Standards...
2.2M 89.4K 72
#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man from his death. She can't stop thinking of...
165 47 32
*Unedited* Sometimes we have to fall to flames rather than be drowned by love. *** Dr Whitney Keller found herself with limited options, neither of...