Love & Loss

By cannoness

ATTENTION: This is the SECOND book of my Vampire's Pet series and cannot be read as a stand alone book. ~~~ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
What's to Come
Update
Physical Copies!!

Chapter 5

325K 15.7K 7.2K
By cannoness

Khloe's POV:

"Wait wait wait, you're telling me that the reason we had to leave so quickly was because you whipped, strangled, and threatened Layla?" Xander asked in awe.

"Mhm," Nico replied casually, leaning back against the chair now that he was done with his explanation.

"Dude," Xander began, "Like I completely support you and understand why you did it but," He stopped again, "Bronwyn would have actually killed you if we hadn't bailed."

Nico shrugged, "That's not really what I was worried about, plus it's not my fault his daughter has no sense of decency."

His words turned harsher towards the end of the sentence, causing me to shift a bit in discomfort as I thought back to it.

"Yeah...," Xander looked me over after Nico had said that, a look of pity crossing his features.

I didn't know what to think of that, so I just kept my eyes pointed down.

"Well, I'm glad someone finally put her in her place, even though she definitely deserved more than what you gave her."

"Yeah I guess," Nico responded, " I'm just glad I never have to think about it again."

Xander laughed.

"True. Layla was a mistake from the start," Xander admitted.

"I tried to tell you," Nico replied.

"Yeah, I know. But that was back when I was-"

Xander stopped abruptly, both of the boys suddenly tensing and drawing a quick breath.

My eyes grew as wide as theirs did as I hurried to try to figure out what was going on.

I quickly turned to Doe to see if she had an answer, but she looked just as confused and concerned as I was.

Before I could build up any more panic, they both exhaled and relaxed.

A smile build from satisfaction and excitement sat on both of their faces, followed shortly by both of them sharing a quick laugh as if they had shared an inside joke.

Doe and I glanced at each other, both of us being majorly confused.

"I forgot what that felt like," Nico said as he bent and straightened out his fingers, like he was testing out a new body.

Xander rolled out his neck, "Me too," He let out another long exhale," Its like I almost forgot we had royal blood here."

Here... that must mean we've entered their city

I sat in confusion for a couple seconds longer before turning to Nico.

I was about to speak but noticed first how his skin had gained some color, looking more similar to my own now instead of being completely pale.

Xander's body showed the same effect, but it looked like whatever had happened affected Nico more.

"If you don't mind me asking," I began formally, not to upset Xander, "What just happened?"

Both of them turned to face me.

Nico opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it and furrowed his eyebrows, like he didn't know how to explain it.

"Um... its like," He paused again, turning towards Xander for help," I don't know how to explain it without going into too much detail and making it sound too confusing."

"Just think of it like a chemical in our body," Xander surprisingly took over, "And that chemical is made up of what gives us power as vampires, as well as what gives us a more feral side and keeps us more connected to our own instincts. Normal vampires are born with like 50 percent of this chemical but it goes up to like around 85 percent during the blood moon but it's like an involuntary and uncontrollable 85 percent y'know? But regardless of that, since Nico was the first born to a Lord, he was born with like 75 percent and as the second son, I was born with like... I don't know like 68 percent ?" He asked Nico

Nico just looked in partial confusion at his brother's explanation.

"Sure?" He answered.

"Anywho," Xander continued, speaking quickly," Our parents or any other Lord and Lady have 100 percent of this chemical, running through their blood, giving them physical advantages that no other vampires have. And so when Nico and whoever he marries becomes a Lord and a Lady, through a process that I really don't understand, somehow they end up with 100 percent and out parents will be reduced back to 75 percent-ish. Anyways, now that you have the background information or whatever, what just happened was that Nico and I got our 25 and 18 percent back. This chemical is only based on our territory that our ancestors set many many years ago and we only get our extra when we're in our own territory. Since we left, we got reduced down to 50 percent just like everyone else, and let me tell you that does not feel good. But yea...that's pretty much it." He concluded.

The limo fell into silence as Doe nodded in understanding.

I mean, I got my answer and I made sense, but I was just surprised that I was just now hearing about this... 'Chemical'.

I would have thought that they would have taught it in school or something, but maybe humans just don't know about it in general since it only applies to Lords and Ladies and their offspring.

Although I did wonder what Nico could do with this supposed extra 25%.

And I guess that also explains what Nico meant when he said that Lord Bronwyn wouldn't have any power here.

I turned to Nico, seeing how he looked completely confused.

"What? Was my explanation not good?" Xander reacted to the look on Nico's face.

"No. It actually kind of did make sense and that's what I'm confused about."

Xander now beamed with pride.

"It's OK Nico, you can just say that I was able to come up with a better explanation than you." He taunted.

"I'll give you that one, but don't push it," Nico warned only semi-sarcastically.

Xander laughed.

"I'll take what I can get," he responded, leaning back completely against the chair.

His happiness was short-lived, though.

He cleared his throat, placing a fist near his mouth as his brows drew together.

Was this part of them getting their... power back?

I turned to Nico to see if he was acting the same.

He didn't look as uncomfortable as Xander, but I could see some discomfort in his eyes, as well as the clenching and relaxing of his jaw.

"So you feel it too, huh?" Nico questioned.

"Mhm," Xander nodded as he removed his hand from his mouth, "Its been so long I forgot this was part of it."

Doe tensed a bit, like she could already read what was going on by seeing Xander's body language.

"The more in-tune with our instincts we are, the more blood we need in order to keep ourselves from losing it," Nico explained. He said it to Xander but I felt like the explanation was more directed at me.

Well, that explains the blood moon...

I looked at Doe as she let out a quiet sigh, tucking her hair behind her shoulder so her neck was in view, eyes pointed to the floor

I guess she knew what was coming.

"Yeah, but the craving just hit me harder and faster than I was expecting," He said, glancing down at Doe as he saw her movements, "You feel it more than I do. I can't believe you look so calm right now."

I looked back to Nico as he shrugged, "Oh, believe me, I'm feeling it. I'm just better at hiding it than you."

I felt a tinge of concern build within me as I noticed the white-knuckled fist his hands were in, betraying his own statement to my eyes only.

Xander nonchalantly ran his hand from the back of Doe's head to the front, returning all the hair that she had moved back to where it was.

I shared Doe's look of surprise at his action.

"I guess. Are there any blood bags in the drinks compartment?" Xander asked.

Nico, shook his head, causing my concern to return and multiply.

"I already checked earlier." He said, sounding partially defeated.

My hands fiddled in my lap as I recalled the times Nico had forced himself to stay away from blood.

I could see the obvious discomfort that Xander was feeling from the craving, and the fact that Nico was feeling it more helped me make this decision faster.

"Oh," is all Xander responded, mirroring Nico's emotion before he looked down in thought.

If he really needed blood, then I would be happy to give it to him.

Although he probably won't take it, I wanted to at least give it a shot.

I did the same thing that Doe did, tucking my hair back so it was all resting against my back.

Nico turned his head to me as I gently set my hand on his leg, giving him a small smile that told him that I was ok with him feeding from me.

A look of guilt crossed his face before he gave me a look that told me that he absolutely was not going to take my offer.

I glanced at Xander to make sure he wasn't paying attention before giving Nico a sterner look.

Whenever he denied himself of blood it didn't work.

Plus, the last time he fed from me, it really wasn't that bad.

Still, he didn't give in.

"Well, I guess its a good thing we're close then," Xander said, causing us both to look at him.

"Yup," Nico said, sounding more cheery than what seemed possible for him at this moment, "What would you say? Like 10 minutes? Maybe less?"

"Hopefully less," Xander mumbled.

There was a dead silence for a short moment before Nico stood.

"Ill tell Marcus to drive faster."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.5K 822 25
* Vampire x Human au * THIS BOOK CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT LIKE SEXUAL LANGUAGE/ CONTENT AND VIOLENCE, RAPE, MENTION OF BLOOD In a world where vampires...
1M 39.7K 35
"Hello, are you there ?" "Yes, I am. I will always be there." "Can I ask you something?" "Sure my love." "Why don't I feel scared of...
695 3 26
***BOOK ONE COMPLETED*** Rose, an ordinary girl living an ordinary life, stumbles upon a vampire, Adrian. After meeting Adrian, she was forced into...
22.9K 1K 34
(Book 2 in the 'Blood Drops' series) Five drops for the vampires who drink it. Four for the creatures who relish in it. Three for the strong who take...