AfterDeath: 30 Days OTP Chall...

By Emo_daw_ako

The title says it all... More

List of Challenges
Day 1: First Meeting
Day 2: Holding Hands
Day 3: Cuddling
Day 4: On a Date
Day 5: Job / Work
Day 6: Apart From Each Other
Day 7: Sick
Day 8: Cooking / Baking
Day 9: Shopping
Day 10: Meeting a Friend
Day 11: Jealous
Day 12: Accident
Day 13: Watching Each Other Sleep
Day 15: Picnic
Day 16: Something Sharp
Day 17: Arguing/Fighting
Day 18: Taking Medicine
Day 19: Close Call
Day 20: Making Up
Day 21: Surprise!
Day 22: Hurt/Comfort
Day 23: Attacked
Day 24: Kidnapped
Day 25: Demand
Day 26: Rescue
Day 27: In Battle, Side by Side
Day 28: Recovery
Day 29: Sleeping In
Day 30: Celebration

Day 14: Bodyguard

2.3K 106 104
By Emo_daw_ako

AN: I searched it up and bones does bruise and it takes months to heal.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

That night was the first time in a month that Death had a proper rest, both physically and mentally.

He was finally released from the heavy stress, allowing him to rest his tired mind and soul. The joy and relief flooding his system. It almost felt like he was floating in the air.

At the same time, all those sleepless night have caught up to him and trapping him in a deep, peaceful slumber that even the bright morning sunshine can't wake him up.

Even when Tori came in for Geno's daily check up.

The sun was already up high in the sky when Death stirred awake. Groggily opening his eyes to find Geno sitting up beside him, his bandaged head turned away from him and once again looking through the window in the far wall.

Death was mildly disappointed upon seeing Geno was back in his usual routine, but Geno explained last night that he does that because it helps him focus trying to remember more. Death was just glad that he wasn't permanently deleted from his memories.

Death scooted closer without sitting up and snaked his arms around the smaller one's waist, gaining the latter's attention who lifted his hand and gently caressed Death's skull. Death beamed at him and happily snuggled to the other's hip.

A few uneventful minutes passed by before Geno complained about being hungry and Death was more than willing to get anything what Geno wants.

When the taller arrived at the canteen, he saw the food they serve looks unappetizing and the staffs reasoned that their food were specifically made to help the patient recover faster. Even so, it looks awful.

Thankfully, skeleton monsters were exempted to diet rules.

Death simply decided to grab some take outs at the nearest fast food restaurant and when he returned, he was surprised to see Sans there. Standing beside the bed and seemingly talking to a non-responsive Geno.

Sans noticed his arrival and greeted him. He immediately asked about Geno's condition and why Geno seemed to be 'ignoring' him.

"He's having trouble focusing on his surroundings." Death said and carefully took Geno's hand in his, not wanting to startle the other. Geno blinked and slowly turned his head and finally took notice of the two skeleton's presence.

"For now, he can only focus on one thing at a time." Death added and placed the bag of takeout on top of the bedside wardrobe. He began to unpack the stuffs he bought and allow Sans to have some time with Geno.

At Sans' presence, Death felt embarrassingly silly remembering that this mess happened because he was jealous of this guy.

He felt like he owe him an apology.

Death sighed. Once again feeling the guilt gnawing at him knowing that this was his entire fault. He sat down on the edge of the bed and gently pulled Geno into a hug, unintentionally stealing his attention.

He pressed the latter's head against his chest, signifying how 'close' the smaller skeleton was to his 'heart'. "I'm so glad you're okay." Death mumbled and lightly pressed his lips on the smaller one's forehead, careful not to touch the injured side.

"You really cared a lot about him, huh?" Sans said after witnessing the soft side of the deadly guy.

Death pulled away, rubbing Geno's back soothingly as if the smaller skeleton was the one who needs comforting.

Death took the takeout from the bedside wardrobe and gave Geno a generous portion. He also offered some to Sans, who politely declined. Saying that he had just ate lunch.

But then, for some reason, Geno refused to eat. Death and Sans asked him what was wrong but Geno wouldn't talk. He simply asked Sans for his pills.

It shouldn't have been a surprise considering that Geno have a temporary amnesia, so Death said the reason why he doesn't have to take those anymore. He left the details about the pills, though.

Geno wasn't convinced and insisted to Sans to give him his pills. So they turned to Life to explain it again and the fact that she's a doctor made Geno trust her words more.

Although a bit reluctant, Geno took a bite of the burger and he was glad that he accepted it because it was so delicious!

Seeing how much Geno enjoyed the food made Death smile.

Days passes by as Geno regained his memories bits by bits with the help of Sans and Death, although there were still some that were permanently gone and a few complications like keeping his balance steady and lack of alertness to his surroundings.

He also complained about occasional headache which Tori explained as normal for a head injury. She advised him not to stress himself too much for it could cause a mental strain.

During those times, Death grew considerably protective of Geno. He was always there for him. Whenever Geno was cold or warm or hungry or in pain, Death was there to make him comfortable.

But as a chief cop, Death still has some work to do. And if he really have to leave, he trusted Sans to keep an eye on Geno.

The day comes when Geno was finally discharged from the hospital, although he was not fully healed yet and Life advised him to be careful, and Death was grumpy because he was called in for work, so Sans escorted Geno home instead.

Death would've put it off for another day if not for its urgency. When he arrived at the headquarter, he was immediately informed of the situation.

They said that a secret agent spotted their long time target on the north side of the city heading west.

Death quickly ordered the hacker team to view the live footage from the security cameras in the given area.

"Echo to Alpha. Echo to Alpha, Do you read? Over." the secret agent called through the radio.

"Alpha to Echo, I can hear you." Death confirmed through the walkie talkie radio without taking his eyes off from the flat screen monitor while the hackers worked.

"Target is spotted entering a building called Save Screen at AfterTale Street."

"WHAT!?" Death felt his blood ran cold as the hacker team quickly viewed the footage at the said location provided by the secret agent and indeed, they saw their target entered an apartment building where Geno lives.

Sh*t!

Death swiftly took out his phone from his pocket and dialed Sans' number. It kept ringing and Death paced back and forth as he impatiently waits for the other to pick up.

"Sans! Where are you?!" Death demanded straight away as soon as Sans picked up.

"I'm at the airport, why?" Sans casually responded, although with a hint of worry after hearing the urgency in Death's voice.

Death was shocked to hear that. "What the f*ck are you doing there-?! Nevermind. Where's Geno?" Death could feel an incoming headache due to the unexpected unfortunate circumstances.

"I have a life, you know." Sans countered from the other line. "And I left Geno at his apartment." He added.

"F**k you!"

"What-?!"

Death hang up angrily before he began barking orders at the police crew to prepare for an emergency rescue operation. Dam*it Sans! Why'd you leave him alone?!

The rescue team moved fast and hastily equipped themselves with handguns, bulletproof vests and head gears for protection.

"Alpha to Echo, do you read!?" Death almost yelled through the radio in his hand as he stalked back to the hacker team and slammed his hand hard against the table, startling the people around him. His eyes fixed on the screen as he watched the live footage of a hallway inside the building.

"Echo to Alpha, loud and clear." sarcasm dripping from the secret agent's tone, although Death couldn't care at the moment. He has more important thing to worry about.

Death watched with utter horror as the wanted criminal stopped in front of a specific door that the young chief knew so well, entered inside and they lost visual.

"Get Geno out of there!"

....

Geno was curiously digging through the boxes and shopping bags that he found scattered around his living room. The items inside looks brand new, still in its packaging with price tags still attached.

He wondered whom it was from.

Sans had left a while ago, saying that his dad was coming home and he needs to pick him up from the airport.

Just as then, a knock was heard from the front door and he opened it without a single thought. He found his old doctor looking down at him with frown.

"Hello, Geno." the doctor greeted and let himself in. Geno closed the door before following behind the much taller skeleton who was disapprovingly looking at the mess inside Geno's apartment.

"Dr. Wingdings, what are you doing here?" Geno asked curiously and a bit nervous as to why his doctor decided to visit him without any notice. It's usually not a good thing.

Dr. Wingdings turned to Geno, gazing down at him and noting the white patch of band aid on the smaller skeleton's forehead. "I heard you haven't been taking your pills."

Geno stiffened as his nervousness morphed to fear. Afraid that he was found guilty. He looked down on the floor and nodded timidly. "Dr. Tori said I don't need those-"

Slap!

Geno fell to the ground after a sharp impact that left a stinging pain on his cheek.

"Is she a skeleton?" The older skeleton questioned almost threateningly.

Geno held his burning cheek as he looked up, teary eyed, but confused at the same time.

"I asked if 'Dr. Tori' is a skeleton." He elaborated and Geno gently shook his head. "N-no sir."

"Then why would you listen to her? I am a skeleton doctor, therefore I know what is better for a skeleton monster like you. Do you get it? You are such an imbecile."

Geno bowed his head in shame as he hold his tears back, yet managed to push himself back on his feet.

Dr. Wingdings sighed exasperatedly disappointed, which made Geno shrunk more under the older one's stern gaze.

"I brought you this." He said and set down a small paper bag on the coffee table. "It's your pills and make sure you'll take them. Believe me, I will found out if you skipped at least once." The doctor threatened and Geno nodded obediently.

Dr. Wingdings slipped his hands inside the brown paper bag, taking out one of the blank white plastic containers before walking over to the younger skeleton. He held out the bottle to the younger who wordlessly accepted and waited for further instruction.

"Since you've haven't taken these in a while, two should be sufficient enough for today." the doctor said and Geno popped the bottle open, tipped it into his hand and tumbled out two bright red pills.

Geno briefly looked up at the doctor, for further confirmation and the older nodded. The younger skeleton brought the pills closer to mouth and-

*knock knock*

Both were startled at the unnecessary loud knocking on the front door and Geno went to answer it, but his doctor told him to wait instead as he opened the door himself.

The doctor was met with a younger bad boy version of himself, wearing a leather jacket and pair of faded jeans. A lit stick of cigarette in between his teeth and 'lips' curled into a smug grin.

The young adult waved a lazy hand as a greeting. "Heya, buddy. I'm lookin' for Geno. Is he here?" He asked with a firm calmness in his voice.

The doctor glance at the glitched skeleton questioningly. Geno seemed as confused as he was.

The younger version of the doctor shifted his gaze to the smaller skeleton behind the taller one, his eyes landing on the pills in Geno's hand.

"Who are you and what is your business with my patient, if I may ask." The doctor asked. Even though his tone doesn't sound like he was asking. More like interrogating.

"I'm G. That's all you gonna get. I'm his bodyguard and my boss told me to pick up his boyfriend, so please excuse me." G said as polite as he could while maintaining a badass demeanor and walked passed the older skeleton.

The doctor, surprisingly, make way for him and allowed him through. Rising G's suspicion.

G walked over to Geno, keeping alert of his surrounding in case the doctor tried something. G knelt in front of Geno so they were at eye level. "Hey, kid. You okay?"

Geno looked at him, a little puzzled but nodded nonetheless. G seemed satisfied at the answer as he slipped his hands under the smaller skeleton's arm pit and lifted him up in his arms like a toddler while standing up.

"Alright kid, now close your eyes." G instructed and when Geno didn't, G place a hand over the smaller one's only eye. "And don't open them until I say so." G whispered the last part and Geno found himself nodding.

When G removed his hand, he was glad to see the kid did what he told him and kept his eye closed. G's eyes shifted to the doctor who seemed suspicious at an unknown stranger's sudden appearance.

G smirked and his hand moved to his back, under his leather jacket and pulled out a handgun from its holster strapped on his belt.

"Don't move." G warned as he aim the firearm at the stunned doctor. He felt Geno stiffened in his hold but payed no mind to it. Probably thought that G was talking to him.

"What are you doing?" Dr. Wingdings asked unafraid, but did as he was told in case this stranger decided to not spare him and pull the trigger.

"Dr. Gaster Wingdings, you are under arrest."

The rescue team on standby received the signal and immediately flooded the small apartment. Breaking through the front door and the glass windows. Gaster was tackled down and pinned to the floor with his arm twisted behind his back.

Geno violently flinched upon hearing the loud bang and glass breaking, clutching a fistful of G's leather jacket, but kept his eye shut. He felt G transferred him to someone else' arms, someone with flesh, and he was carried somewhere.

When he open his eye, he was outside. Police cars were parked everywhere, surrounding the building as armed policemen run around to secure the area.

The human that was carrying him put him on the back seat of a police car and shut the door. Though the human stayed there as if he was guarding him.

He looked down in his hands, the bottle was still in his grasp and the couple of pills that he took out from its container.

...

Death slipped on his magic suppressant gloves as he stalked through the hallway inside the building followed by his subordinates equipped with bulletproof vest and firearms.

He entered the heavily guarded room to find the target was cuffed and restrained by equally tall men.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Dr. Wingdings demanded as he struggled against their hold.

"Dr. Gaster Wingdings," Death greeted with an unamused expression. Obviously not happy about the place they caught him. "you are under arrest for smuggling illegal drugs and using it for illegal monster experimentation."

"I do not know what you are talking about!" The doctor denied the accusation.

"Oh?" Death teased before walking over to the coffee table and grabbing the brown paper bag. He dug his gloved hand inside and fished out a white plastic bottle. "Then how will you explain this?"

The doctor scoffed. "I swear, you being the chief is a mistake. Obviously, it's a medicine."

Death was unfazed by the insult and instead grinned at him. "Do I even have to point out that this has no label. Why would a 'doctor' gave his 'patient' a 'medicine' without a proper information? That itself is a crime." There's no escape.

"Is that so?" Gaster dropped the act.

An insane smile, almost deranged, form on his lips and a dangerous glint in his hollow eyes that sent shivers up their spines.

The sound of the gun clicking as the men in the room cocked their guns and aim it at the doctor in both warning and preparation in case the mad doctor decides to attack them.

But Gaster remained unmoving, instead he spoke in a spine chilling cold voice. "If you think you have won, you are dead wrong." Gaster let out a deep chuckle and Death's hands immediately went to the gun on his belt.

Just as then, the older skeleton's form starts melting. Which made the police force backed up at the unknown phenomenon.

"You can not stop me from achieving my goal." Gaster said as his body continues to melt. " I have come so far. I am almost there. I will not let a measly kid playing cop to ruin everything that I have worked for."

Death and the others stepped back from the growing pool of black goo.

"You better take good care of my little subject and when the time comes, I will come to take him. He's too precious to lose."

Death was enraged upon hearing that. He walked over to Gaster, who was nothing more than a large puddle of slimy goo and leered down at him with so much hate. "I will never let you lay a single finger on Geno!" He said and stomped on Gaster head, it splattered all over the already messy floor.

After that mini speech, no other movements were detected. No one knows what really happened, but they all knew it was far from over.

Death left after giving some orders to secure the area and guard it until an investigator came to inspect the mess while the evidence was sent to Tori for examination.

The young chief quickly made his way out of the building and straight to a specific police car where Geno was, he opened the door to the back seat and got in.

He immediately wrapped his arms around the smaller skeleton and pulled him closer. Pressing their body together.

Death will never let anyone take Geno away from him. Death promised he'll protect him no matter what happens.

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

AN: I'm not feeling confident with this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 164 7
Yeah I gained an idea and stuff so things will be different even personalities and everything you can think of :)
19.8K 747 11
"Can't you let me break your walls down....?" "....if so....please....let me love you..." ".......Angel?" ...
2.3K 80 61
This is the sequel to my Destructivedeath story so if you didn't read that please read it first or you'll be lost(probably). Please enjoy otherwise w...
18.5K 1K 14
In order to live, Geno must undergo an operation to replace his soul. One life must be sacrificed to save another. As if that wasn't enough, an unple...