Always and Forever

By SheIsNotSane

"He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her." * "So, did you miss me?" I joked, lig... More

Strange and Mysterious
Mr or Miss?
Making It Back From Hell
His Darker Side
Code Red
His Softer Side
Warning?
Whispered Converstations
He's Armed and Dangerous
What He Has To Say
Under The Rain
Welcome Home
A Serial Killer
Stake Out
Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 2
Violent Acts
When Things Lead To Another
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Side Effects
Moving On: Part 1
Moving On: Part 2
Paranoia
Red Eyes, Contagious Smiles and Blue Skies
The British Guy
Shut Up and Listen
Stay Safe
No Way Out
The Voice Inside My Head
Ana, Tas or Anastasia?
Just Try and Try Again
Confessions
Struck By Lightening
His Not So Humble Abode
Ward E
Taking You Home
A Little Crazy
Warrior Anastasia
Game Over
Ticking Time Bomb
Always and Forever
Always and Forever - Hunters POV
A/N Greif
A/N Announcement
Character Interviews

Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 1

494 29 5
By SheIsNotSane

Chapter 15: Weddings, Dances and Hunter (part 1)

It has now been 5 days and there is still no sign of that guy, thankfully. Hopefully this is permanent and not temporary.

I haven't noticed anyone outside or anything strange happening lately, so I'm trying to convince myself that this could be it and I won't have to worry anymore but inside I know that I can't just brush this off. I have to stay alert.

Hunter has been a bit distant lately since he's been too busy worrying and trying to find out who this guy is. I don't blame him because in his point of view this started happening when we became close so he probably thinks it's someone from the gang, he tells me it's a possibility although he highly doubts it - he just doesn't want to take any risks or overlook anything.

I really don't want Hunter to worry.

I got out of my bed, done my morning rituals and ran downstairs once I smelt the tempting scent of Martha's omelet.

I came to a halt once I realised everyone including my parents were already seated at the table.

What?

I tried to hide my surprise but I don't think I did. I can't believe this! I'm so happy, we are having a normal family breakfast.

"Morning" I chirped with a smile

"Good morning Tas" Mom said with a smile of her own.

I sat down and eagerly waited for Martha to bring me my omelet.

"So Tas I was thinking me, you and Dylan could go to the amusement park today and have some bonding time" Dad spoke looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"I would love to but what about mom?" She probably had work to do.

"She has some work to do but tomorrow you and her could spend the day together."

That was more than fine with me so I nodded, finished my food and went back upstairs to get ready. I got dressed in some blue denim jeans and a white shirt.

I can't believe this. Dad actually has time on his hands! I'm so excited, I know today will be the best day ever.

I ran down to see dad and Dylan ready to go.

"Lets go!" I fist pumped the air

We all got into my dads car and drove towards the fair. Once we got there I got out of the car bouncing with excitement.

I love the fair, always have. I'm also a proud adrenaline junkie, so that should be saying something.

"Come on, quick!" I shouted to them.

I was like a kid in a toy store, amazed at what I saw. I didn't know where to start!

I noticed Dylan with a big grin plastered on his face as he was watching me. He knew that I love the amusement park and I haven't been here in decades!

The next three hours went by way too quickly. We had so much fun, well I did but I can't say the same for Dylan who looked like he was about to throw up.

"That was awesome, right Dylan?" I said looking at him with big eyes.

"Uh huh" He said weakly. He looked very sick so I decided to cut him some slack.

I handed him a plastic bag I found in dad's car.

"Open up your window." We were already half way home and dad took the highway so once Dylan opened his window a burger king wrapper that was not exactly empty hit him smack on the face.

I couldn't stop the laughter from erupting; dad was trying to mask his laughter by coughing.

"Oh I'm gonna get ya" Dylan muttered pulling the wrapper off his face but once he let go of it, it flew right back and on to his face.

This time dad couldn't stop the laughter and as for me I was trying hard to breath because of how much I was laughing.

We reached home and dad and I were still in fits of laughter.

Martha came walking in to the room followed by my mom.

"Who's dying?" Mom shouted over our laughter.

"Oh Mommy you missed out" I said collecting myself

"Mom I'm hungry" Dylan sputtered out.

"What are you talking about Dylan? You just had some burger king was not that not enough? You want more?" Dad howled with laughter slapping his hands on his knees by now.

Dylan muttered something along the lines of 'family my ass'

"Ok that's enough I don't know whats going on but your brother looks ready to attack you and I already promised Delphine you would be a bridesmaid at her wedding so you kind of need to be alive for that darling" She said patting me on the shoulder.

Wedding? Bridesmaid? When was that decided?

"Wait what?" I asked mom.

"Oh that's right I forgot to tell you. Well you know Delphine right?"

Delphine is one of moms 'filthy rich' clients she always asks my mom to design wedding dresses for her friends and I guess it's not surprising that she would ask mom to do hers too.

Once I nodded mom continued.

"Well she's getting married and she was short of a bridesmaid so I told her you would do it and I'm sorry for not asking you and I know how much you hate weddings but she is my highest paying customer and she knew I had a daughter so it would have been rude of me if I didn't offer you to be one of her bridesmaids."

She was right I hated weddings. I just find them so boring all I do is sit on a table and wonder what time they will serve the food. The only other thing I enjoyed other than the food and cake was watching the guests attempting to dance. But I understood what mom was trying to say so I told her it was fine and that I will do it.

"Oh and every bridesmaid needs a male partner and I thought why not ask Taylor? I mean he's handsome and he has a girlfriend so he won't try anything with you which is what your father said."

"Damn straight he won't. If he does you tell me Tas, I still have my shotgun" Dad said with a serious face.

"Don't worry about it dad. But mom is it ok if I can choose someone as my partner myself?" Taylor is an amazing dude but I know someone else who would entertain me way better.

She looked hesitant but finally caved in.

"Thank you ma! Love you," I shouted as I dashed upstairs to my room.

I wonder how she'd react when she sees Hunter. That's if she remembers him.

As I was running up the stairs I realised I didn't ask mom when the wedding was and with that thought in my head I turned and just as I was about to hit the next step I soon realised there was no next step and my leg quickly bent sending me down in pain.

"F-" I stopped myself before I could say anything else.

I could hear frantic footsteps rushing towards me.

"What happened " Mom said rapidly appearing in front of me. Her eyes widened and worry flashed in her eyes.

"Oh no my baby" She said with her hands covering her face.

"It's ok mom I just fell" I smiled happy that she cared so much about me it was a little creepy but still I felt joy.

Mom's hands stretched out and I thought she was going to hug me so I also stretched my hands out but instead she walked past me and kneeled down on the floor.

"Oh my vase you broke my vase" She muttered in her hands.

My smile fell from my face as I realised she wasn't worried about me but the vase.

"Mom" I scowled

"Oh I'm sorry honey did you want something?" She said sniffling

"I just fell from the stairs and your more worried about that damn vase!" I said bewildered.

"I'm just joking dear, now get up. You always fall down the stairs, it's not like it's something different."

I looked shocked but inside I was smiling. I do fall down the stairs a lot.

"Listen, I forgot to ask when the wedding is..."

"Monday" She said nonchalantly

"But mom I don't have a dress and I haven't told my partner and most importantly I don't have a dress! Oh right, I also have school on Monday!" I said with crazy hand gestures.

"Don't worry about your dress, I have that covered and you can skip school for one day, so all is fine. "

I decided to call Hunter and ask him if he wanted to come.

"What?" Was how Hunter answered.

"Hey, so there's this wedding my mom is making me go to and she told the bride that I could be one of her bridesmaids and I also need a male partner so I thought I could ask you" I spoke nervously and fast but it managed to sound clear enough.

"No" He deadpanned.

"Please?" I pushed.

It would be fun with Hunter; no matter how much of a buzz kill he can be.

"What would I do there? I don't belong there."

I mentally laughed picturing Hunter in the wedding with his gangster clothes.

Although, he doesn't really wear 'gangster' clothes. Just really rugged looking dark clothing. Which he still manages to look handsome in.

"Oh come on!"

"I said no." I knew he wouldn't budge.

"Fine, if that's what you want."

He didn't reply but I could hear him breathing down the line very lightly.

"I guess I could just ask Taylor he wanted to be my partner anyways" I muttered teasingly.

"I'll go." He said sighing and I could picture him speaking through a clenched jaw.

"But you just said you didn't want to" I said with a smile beginning to tease him.

I'm liking this.

I grinned as he cut the phone in defeat.

***

I met with a sleepy Hunter the next morning to go with him and buy a tux.

"I hope you know where to go because I do not." He muttered following behind me in the shopping mall.

He looked so lost, it was adorable.

"I do. Don't worry, I'm taking you to the shop Dylan and Nathan will go too." I said walking faster trying to find the shop.

There it was!

I entered the shop and turned around to tell Hunter that we are going to have to be quick but to my surprise he was no longer behind me.

I walked out of the shop to see him leaning on the doors with his hand on his head.

"Hunter, are you ok?" I asked reaching my hands to pull his head up.

"I'm fine." He managed to say as he looked up at me forcing a smile and shaking his head, "It's just sleep deprivation."

"Well as soon as we are done, you go home and sleep. Okay?"

I didn't like this. He should be sleeping. Sleep is essential for anyone and I know how much I love my sleep. Doesn't everyone?

He nodded and followed me in and entered staring at all the suits almost in annoyance that there was such a wide variety.

"Excuse me ma'am, how can I help you?" A young man approached me with a big grin. Too big of a grin to be honest. No one should be that happy this early in the morning. It's just wrong.

"Yeah you can help us," Hunter stood next to me and faced the worker who became a bit nervous.

Hunter is actually really intimidating and he doesn't in any way look approachable.

"We need a suit for him." I stated pointing towards Hunter.

"Ah ok. What colour?"

"Black" Hunter quickly replied.

"And would you like a bow or a tie?"

"Tie." He replied even quicker this time.

The man nodded and walked away for a moment.

"Hunter, you don't have to be so rude." I nudged him slightly, I mean you could tell the worker was getting a little uncomfortable.

He diverted his gaze from me to the very interesting ceilings.

The man shortly came back.

"Okay, we need to take a fitting, would that be a problem?" He asked diverting his question more towards Hunter.

"No." I quickly said with a big smile before Hunter could say anything.

Not that he would. He'd probably just give him a cold glare.

He showed us the way to the back and brought another co-worker to take the measurings.

Things started to become awkward when the male worker actually started measuring.

I tried holding in my laughter but Hunters face was just so funny.

He was so stiff whilst the worker measured every inch of him.

"Okay. Now we need for you to pick a shirt and some cuff links," the previous worker added.

"Just a plain black shirt and a grey tie." Hunter said, sure of all his requests.

"And would that be a plain grey tie?" He asked whilst taking Hunter to the tie section and showing him a few grey ties.

Hunter looked at me questioningly.

"That one" we both said at the same time pointing to the plain grey tie that lay before us.

"Nice choice." The man awkwardly said whilst taking the tie ready for packaging.

I love how precise Hunter was about what he wanted to wear. No indecisiveness, just getting straight to it.

I stared at Hunter whilst he began staring at the floor like it's the most interesting thing he's ever seen.

We picked out some silver simple cuff links to match the tie and some simple black shoes to tie up the whole thing.

Everything was really plain but luxurious and I knew that he himself would tie up the whole look together in a very breath taking manner.

We stood behind the cashier and waited.

"Ok, so we have managed to get a collection for you tomorrow morning after 7 o'clock anytime. If that's ok?"

"It's good" said Hunter nodding approvingly.

"That would be $348.99."

I paused. I was ready for this moment. I had a feeling Hunter couldn't afford this and so I began looking into my bag for my purse and as I found it I looked up to see Hunter entering a card into the machine and paying off the amount.

I gulped pretty embarrassed.

"Thank you for shopping here." I smiled at the cashier whilst Hunter just walked away.

As we stepped out of the shop I was anxiously waiting for Hunter to say something.

"I do have money you know." He said, walking back to the car in a very nonchalant manner.

"Ok. Sorry. I was just confused." I said tugging at my sleeve, awkwardly. It's not my fault! I was just making sure...

"I know your wondering where the money is from. I do have a lot of money saved up from the garage. But that's not what I used to pay for this. Nor is it from anything I get from the gang. It's my moms husband. He transfers money to my account every month for having to live on my own."

"Oh" I replied. He didn't need to tell me that. But it does clear things up.

"I have a house. A car. Every thing I need so don't you ever worry about me." He spoke calmly and slowly.

I didn't bother questioning anything else and just walked with him to the car.

I wonder what he meant by its hard to explain and that he left.

Ah well, I hope mom got me a nice dress. I trust her judgement so it should be fine.

I don't know why but I'm actually really excited for this wedding.

Strange...

******

Don't you love how Hunter knew exactly what he wanted to wear?

Comment and hit the star!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
1.5M 92.2K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
386K 24.1K 21
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...