PRINCESS ➳ harry potter , dra...

By savsnothere

please don't be in love with someone else, please don't have somebody waiting on you. 𝙄𝙉 π™’π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™ƒ the se... More

FIRST YEAR
01 || Letter
02 || Diagon Alley
03 || The Hogwarts Express
04 || A Thinking Cap
05 || Breakfast
07 || Hogwarts Grounds
08 || Commotion at the Stadium
09 || Tryouts
10 || Letters
11 || Swish and Flick
12 || Quidditch
13 || Christmas
14 || Help
15 || Neville
16 || Nicholas Flamel
17 || Snape
18 || Friends
SECOND YEAR
19 || Reunions
20 || Compartments
21 || Howler
22 || Mudblood
23 || The Chamber of Secrets
24 || Polyjuice Potion
25 || The Bludger
26 || Parselmouth
27 || Slytherin's Heir
28 || The Monster
29 || Into The Chamber
30 || Tunnel
THIRD YEAR
31 || Birthday
32 || Ollivander
33 || Dementor
34 || History of Magic
35 || The Grim
36 || Laugh
37 || Sighted
38 || Werewolves
39 || Bad News
40 || Hogsmeade
41 || Peaceful
42 || Quidditch Final
43 || Hell of a Night
44 || Time
FOURTH YEAR
45 || The Burrow
46 || The Quidditch World Cup
47 || Fire
48 || The Unforgivable Curses
49 || The Goblet of Fire
50 || Clock Tower
51 || The First Task
52 || Implied
53 || The Yule Ball
54 || The Ministry of Magic
55 || Rita Skeeter
56 || The Second Task
57 || Nifflers
58 || A Sense of Belonging
59 || The Third Task
60 || A New Chapter
FIFTH YEAR
61 || The Order of the Phoenix
62 || Number 12, Grimmauld Place
63 || Promise
64 || Boggart
65 || Dolores Umbridge
66 || I Must Not Tell Lies
67 || The Hog's Head
68 || Dumbledore's Army
69 || Weasley is our King
70 || Her Refuge, Her Confidante, Her Best Friend
71 || Alone
72 || The Hallway
73 || The Parchment
74 || Sibling in the Shadows
75 || A Not-So-Merry Christmas
76 || The Lion and the Lioness
77 || Occlumens
78 || Flight to Freedom
79 || Ordinary Wizarding Levels
80 || The Department of Mysteries
81 || The Veil
SIXTH YEAR
82 || O.W.L Results
83 || Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
84 || The Prophecy
85 || Nothing Like His Father
86 || Slughorn's Christmas Party
87 || The Danger
88 || Horcruxes
89 || The Truth
90 || Sectumsempra
91 || Fool Me Once, Fool Me Twice
92 || Lost
SEVENTH YEAR
93 || The Seven Potters
94 || The Onyx Crystal
95 || Draco's Letters
96 || The Slytherin Princess
97 || Katerina's File
98 || Malfoy Manor
99 || The Girl I've Heard So Much About
100 || The Heirs of Slytherin
101 || You Lost Me
102 || Revenge
103 || Back to Hogwarts
104 || Crucio
105 || It's Always You
106 || Escaping Malfoy Manor
107 || Appleby Village
108 || Betrayed
109 || The Lost Diadem
110 || The Battle of Hogwarts
111 || The Two Riddles
112 || Katerina's Final Stand
113 || The Chosen One
114 || Mischief Managed
EPILOGUE
THE SERIES

06 || Potions Class

24.4K 784 500
By savsnothere

Katie's first class of the day was potions with the Gryffindors, and she definitely was not looking forward to it. Upon entering the classroom, she was greeted with a gloomy and dank space. The lights were dim and oily and the stone walls looked almost green.

Looking around, the only empty seat Katie could find was beside Pansy. Shrugging, she walked over and sat down beside her. Pansy didn't even as much as look at Katie, never mind speak to her.

Sighing, Katie put her head in her hand.

The classroom door flung open and Professor Snape whisked in, his black cape flowing behind him.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." was the first thing that Snape said. His voice is was blank and drawn out, and he sounded as though he didn't really want to be there at all. He was also sporting a long mop of greasy black hair.

"As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making."

No one spoke.

"However, for those select few," Snape glanced at Malfoy, "who possess the predisposition."

Compete silence.

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and insnare the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

A few whispers broke out and, with a glance in Malfoy's direction, Katie saw that he looked quite intrigued and impressed. Katie also noticed that Harry wasn't paying attention, and he was in fact writing on a piece of parchment.

However, Harry didn't seem like the kind of person who would doodle instead of paying attention. Katie suspected he was just taking notes.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention."

Katie felt her heart jolt. A Gryffindor girl with bushy brown hair elbowed Harry in the arm and his eyes snapped up from his page.

Snape fixed his cloak and took a few steps forward. Katie gulped and took a nervous glance in Harry's direction.

"Mr. Potter... our new celebrity." Snape said 'Potter' with such venom that it almost made Katie flinch.

"Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asked Harry with a challenging look in his eye.

The hand of the girl with the bushy brown hair shot up into the air, but Harry just shook his head.

"You don't know? Well let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape's cold voice was slow and drawn out, as if he was daring Harry to talk back. The girl beside Harry had her hand so high in the air, it looked as though she was about to fall off her seat.

Harry shook his head again. "I don't know, sir."

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know, sir."

Draco smirked and Snape slightly pursed his lips. The Gryffindor girl looked as though she was about to explode.

"Pity, clearly fame isn't everything. Is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape said as his lips curled. Harry had clearly lost his patience, and Katie couldn't really blame him.

"Clearly Hermione knows, seems a pity not to ask her." Harry bit back in true Gryffindor fashion. A few people giggled and Katie smiled as she looked down. Even Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle had a little snigger.

"Silence." Snape barked.

Snape walked through the classroom and took as seat across from Harry. Katie felt a lump in her throat as her heart began to beat rapidly. The anger burning is Snape's eyes was conspicuous. Harry gulped.

"But your hand down, you silly girl!"

The Gryffindor girl, who Katie now knew as Hermione, blushed furiously and put her hand down.

"For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is know as 'the draught of the living dead.' A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat that will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite." Snape said rather calmly, though his crazed eyes stared into Harry's. Harry, however, did not back down. He just stared back with just as much fire burning in his evergreen eyes.

"Well, why aren't you all copying this down?" Snape said as he peered around the room. There was a cluster of movement as everyone grabbed their quills and parchment, not wanting a detention.

Snape stood up and walked back to the front of the classroom, taking a seat at his own desk. "Gryffindors, note that five points will be taken from your house... For your classmates cheek."

Snape and the Gryffindors all glared at Harry, while Malfoy just smirked. However, when Harry's eyes met Katie's she gave him a small smile. Harry didn't respond for a few seconds. He just stared at Katie as if he was contemplating, so Katie was surprised when Harry returned the small smile.

As the class were taking down notes, Pansy elbowed Katie in the arm. Twisting her eyebrows together, Katie looked up.

"Yeah?"

"What was that earlier?" Pansy whispered angrily. Katie frowned and looked down.

"I don't know what you mean." Katie said, though she knew exactly what Pansy was talking about.

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Don't play dumb with me, Blair. What was with your outburst at breakfast?"

Katie sighed and looked up to make sure that Professor Snape was occupied. "Listen, Pansy, I'm really sorry. It's just that I've never heard anything but bad things about Slytherins. My family is going to be so disappointed when they find out that I've been sorted into the house of... You-Know-Who."

Pansy stared long and hard at Katie, before slowly nodding and looking down at her parchment.

"But you're proud to be in Slytherin, right?" Pansy asked and Katie's heart sank. "You don't care what your parents think, do you?" Pansy sounded desperate. Katie gulped and Pansy sighed.

"I'm sorry, Pansy." Katie whispered sadly.

"It's... okay." Pansy said and Katie smiled.

"Friends?" Katie asked hopefully. Pansy smiled and nodded.

***

After potions class ended, Katie said a quick goodbye to Pansy and rushed out the door. She wanted to catch Harry.

Looking up and down the corridor, Katie saw the familiar mop of black hair bobbing up and down in the sea of people.

"Harry!" Katie called as she caught up to The Boy Who Lived. Harry turned around and a strange look fell across his face when he saw Katie running towards him. Katie couldn't tell if it was a look of confusion, disappointment or disgust, but nevertheless, she just brushed it off.

"Katie, what's up?" Harry asked, trying to sound normal.

"You were just taking notes, weren't you?" Katie said and Harry nodded. "Well why didn't you just tell Snape that!"

Harry shrugged. "He doesn't seem like the type of professor you would want to contradict."

"Says the person who done exactly that." Katie pointed out and Harry just shrugged again. Katie took a deep breath.

"Hey, err — What was up with you and Ron at breakfast?" Katie asked. Harry looked around urgently. The corridor was pretty much empty apart from a few students who had just left the potions classroom.

Harry grabbed Katie's sleeve and gently tugged her towards the wall.

"Look," Harry began, "Ron told me a lot about Slytherins and their stereotypes. And after hearing about how most evil wizards, including Voldemort, were Slytherins, I guess I just assumed you were a bad person." Harry sounded very ashamed with himself. Katie nodded with tears in her eyes.

"But I don't think that anymore, Katie." Harry said quickly, placing his hand on her shoulder. Katie looked up into Harry's eyes. "I've done some thinking about it, and I remembered when I met you in Diagon Alley. You went out of your way just to talk about me, and you made me feel so much more welcome in the wizarding world."

Katie smiled with teary eyes and Harry smiled back. Harry held out his hand, and Katie shook it without hesitation.

"Meet me in the Entrance Hall at 5:00. We can go for a walk or something, yeah?" Harry said hopefully.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Katie smiled and Harry's face lit up. He then let out a fake cough and looked behind him.

"Well, I'm going to be late for class. See you later, Katie."

"Bye, Harry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 235 20
Four months after the Hogwarts war is over, for only that year, an 8th year is added for the past 7th years who missed out much of their necessary ed...
16.3K 531 21
"I told you that you didn't have to pretend around me." Harry said softly. Draco put a hand on the back of his neck. "I know, and I'm sorry." Harry's...
532K 15.6K 50
IF A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS, THEN WHY CAN'T I PAINT YOU? or in where she falls in love with a man who made the wrong decisions. | draco ma...
897K 25.3K 72
"It was our fate to rule side by side, Marcelline. We shall rule the world hand in hand; have our enemies cower beneath our feet as we make sweet lov...