33 || Dementor

𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢,

𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢! 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢. 𝙸 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚖𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚂𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚞𝚜 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎.

𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚢, 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚒𝚝? 𝚂𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚞𝚜 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗. 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗. 𝚆𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜, 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚎?

𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸𝚝𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝙸'𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗.

𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝚜𝚝.

𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚎.

***

September 1st arrived in the blink of an eye and before Katie knew it, she was boarding the familiar scarlet steam engine with Chris and Leo.

"See you guys later." Katie nodded to her brothers, who went off to find Niall and Oscar. It didn't take Katie long to find the carriage that was holding Harry, Ron and Hermione, though she was surprised to see a fourth person curled up in the corner of the seat. Katie pulled back the sliding door and furrowed her eyebrows in suspicion.

"Professor R.J Lupin, apparently." Ron shrugged, answering Katie's question before she even had time to ask.

"What's he doing in a student's carriage?" Katie asked as she plopped down beside Harry, who greeted her with a friendly smile.

Hermione shrugged. "I don't know. He was already here when we arrived."

There was a loud crunch as Ron took a large chunk out of a pumpkin pasty. He chewed noisily, earning himself a scowl from Hermione. Ron, not understanding what he was doing wrong, squinted his eyes in confusion, before an expression of realisation fell over his face. He held his pumpkin pasty out to Hermione.

"Want some?"

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Harry casually asked Katie. "You know, the thing you told me about in your letter." This caught the attention of Ron and Hermione, who were suddenly staring at Katie and listening attentively.

Katie gulped. "Later."

***

Katie heard a string of footsteps in the corridor and then the carriage door slid open once more, and the Gryffindor's least favourite people stepped inside. Ron let out a very audible groan and bounced his head against the wall to express his annoyance.