45 || The Burrow

"I can't believe we're going to the Quidditch World Cup!" Christian Blair beamed at breakfast one morning.

"Yes, yes, it's all very exciting — Katie, dear, have up packed your things?" Mrs Blair asked, sounding agitated as she bustled around the kitchen. Katie swallowed her mouthful of tea before responding.

"Yes, mum, don't worry." Katie reassured her mother.

"And you, Christian?"

"Of course." Chris said, a subtle smirk on his face, which did not convince Mrs Blair.

"You better have everything packed, Chris," Mr Blair chimed in. "You won't be coming back here before school starts."

Mrs Blair started hurriedly collecting up plates and silverware. She got to work on scrubbing them clean. Although she could very well bewitch the brush to clean the dishes for her, Maria Blair was a very practical woman and liked to do everything herself.

"Alright, hurry up you three. You don't show up in time and you're going to give poor Molly quite a scare." Mrs Blair snapped, ushering her two children and their Irish friend — who, as he did every summer, was staying with them — away from the table. "Go on, to the fireplace. Grab your trunks."

"What about Leo?" Katie asked.

"He's coming with your father and I. Now, grab the Floo Powder."

Katie smirked at her brother. "Are you sure your stomach can handle the Floo Powder, Chris? Last time you made quite the mess on Nana's floor."

Chris slapped his sister across the back of the head and Niall snickered.

Mr Blair retrieved a small pot from the mantle and offered it out to Niall first. Niall grinned from ear to ear.

"The Weasleys don't know I'm coming. I can't wait to give Mrs Weasley the fright of her life when I pop up in her kitchen." Niall had just reached out for the pot when Mr Blair pulled it from his grasp.

"In that case, I suppose Katie should go first." Mr Blair said sternly. Niall sulked.

The atmosphere between Katie and Anthony Blair had been strange all summer. Katie avoided conversation with him if she could, and any time he asked her about it, she would shrug it off and claim she didn't know what he was talking about. Truth be told, Katie had a single horrible thought nagging at the back of her brain every time she spoke to her dad — he wasn't her real father. Although she had no proof, or even strong evidence, for that matter, Katie couldn't help but feel as though he was hiding something from her.

Katie had confronted her mother at the start of the summer and asked her out front if Anthony Blair was her real father. Mrs Blair became very annoyed and stated that she was appalled by the fact that Katie would dare to ask such an outrageous question. She shot down Katie's theory in an instant, but Katie thought that her mother's reaction had been a bit too suspicious. There was more to the story of Katerina Blair, and she was going to find out what it was.

Katie reached inside the pot and scooped out a handful of glittering powder. Then, she stepped into the fireplace and clearly said, "The Burrow."

She let the powder fall at her feet, and she started to feel the horrible sensation of feeling as though she was being sucked down a plug hole. She kept her eyes open as the roaring green flames flickered wildly before her eyes.

The spinning stopped, and she was standing steadily in a little, old fireplace, staring out at possibly the homiest kitchen she had ever laid eyes on. It was small and cramped. There was one, long, wooden table, and the walls were littered with shelves that housed books and various little knickknacks.