Life as i Didn't Know it

By WickedLovelyxX

'you can beg all you want but I'm not going to accept you, there are just better people out there for us, so... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 Part 1
Chapter 29 Part 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 19

15K 355 31
By WickedLovelyxX

Chapter 19

I really hope I'm making the right choice here. I still don’t trust myself around Zane because I don’t know what his intentions are but I'm going along with it anyway. I just wanted closure because I was getting tired of the whole chase thing so I went out to lunch with him, that turned out entirely different.

I sighed and brushed it off my mind, I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction on dwelling over it. I took down my hair and brushed through it, by now it was a tangled mess of long black hair. I took the time to straighten in just to get my mind of things and then I changed into a pair of grey sweats and a baggy sweater. I still dress the same and I still act the same, I refuse to change for anyone because this is who I am and if they want to be around me then they’re going to have to accept me as I am.

I walked down the stairs in search of a good movie, I never did get to watch my movie the night I went out and met Alex, and I have nothing to do. no training today and no plans. I found John sitting on the couch watching Tv and eating popcorn. I waved hi at him since his mouth was to stuffed to reply he waved back. I started searching in the cupboard beside the TV for my movie, I could just watch it on my lap top.

“Looking for something?” John said making my jump a little, I was so focused on finding the movie I forgot he was even here. “Yea the movie ‘the note book’ seen I around?” I turned to face him to see him looking at me, his attention not on the TV anymore.

“I think someone borrowed It a couple hours ago” he said popping more popcorn into his mouth. I groaned, I really wanted to see that and I don’t even know when I'm going to have the chance to again. “I saw it on the TV, it’s starting in like five minutes I’ll watch it with you if want” he suggested making me grin. I hoped up and jumped on him, giving him a big hug. “Thank you” I squealed with excitement.

“Ok but you have to go get some more popcorn” he handed me his empty bowl with a smirk. “Fine but I get to eat it too” I grumbled but got up and went to the kitchen anyway. I started humming some random happy tune when Derek and Claire walked in. I just put the popcorn In the microwave so I only had to stand being here for another two minutes before I could get away from her. I swear she had some issues, that needed to be taken out on other people than me. her hair was curled down her back and the makeup on her face made her glow, but she ruined it with the bitter sweet look on her face.

She wore a simple pair of jeans and a tank top, a little low cut but then again she did have my brother’s attention with that. “I don’t think you need any more food” she said giving me an obvious once over. “ and I don’t think you need any more guys, but here you are wheeling along another I rolled my eyes and looked at the timer. Only one minute and thirty seconds left.

My brother was too busy looking around in the fridge to notice what was going on. “At least I got a guy” she sneered back. just as I was about to reply Zane walked in the kitchen alone. Great another person…..  “Luring a guy in with your over flowing assets technically doesn’t count” I pointed at her chest and I saw her flush. Well I guess that one my brother heard because he shot me a glare telling me top stop.

“What you guys doing?” Zane asked happily. “Just trying to find some food, Claire doesn’t want any so it’s just me” Derek shrugged, Claire  stood there picking at her nails as if she had better things to do. “I'm just getting some popcorn to watch a movie” I almost jumped in happiness when the microwave beeped.

I took it out quickly and poured it into the bowl. “What are you watching?” Zane asked. “the notebook” I said impatiently, I just wanted to go and curl up on the couch and watch my damn movie, is that to much to ask?

“Want me to watch it with you?” he offered, I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Since when did he want to watch chick flicks with me? “Uh it’s ok you don’t have to I'm watching It with John” after that I scurried out of the kitchen quickly, not taking another look at Zane.

I walked back to where John was and handed him the bowl while I took a seat beside him. it was around six or seven now so it was getting dark outside. I switched off the light and grabbed a blanket. The popcorn bowl sat in the middle of me and john, we both ate it as the movie went on.

It was actually pretty interesting, but sad at the same time. John didn’t seem bored because his eyes were still on the screen, but he did make a point on tugging on the blanket, constantly pulling it off me. “Oh for god sakes” I muttered, I moved the empty popcorn bowl out of the way and moved closer to him so that we were barely touching, this way we could both get some of the blanket. He looked over and shot me an amused smile before turning back to the movie.

I yawned, that was a long movie. it was good and pretty sad but not the best I’ve even seen, It’s not all it’s said to been. I slumped more into John’s side and heard him let out a deep laugh. “I'm tired” I mumbled. I made myself comfortable against him and just laid there even know the movie was over. He said nothing so I assumed he was fine with it.

My eyes were slowly dropping closed when I heard voices coming through. I picked up Zane’s and my brothers but I was too tired to movie so I just let my eyes close. John didn’t seem to care either cause he made no movement to move.

I noticed how their footsteps stopped when the reached in the room. they were probably looking at me and john. “What” John asked lazily. “What are you and Marissa doing, you better not be making a move on my sister” Derek practically growled at him, ok there was my cue to step in. I groaned but got off john and sat up properly, looking and Derek and Zane with an annoyed look on my face.

“We were watching a movie, does It really matter” I said tiredly, I know it was still early but all I wanted to do was sleep. “Well why are you practically laying on him?” Zane said, the anger in his eyes confused me. he shouldn’t really care, he has no say in what I do. “because I'm tired.” I tried to get onto my feet so I could walk up the stairs and go to bed but I stumbled and fell back on the couch, ok so maybe my legs fell asleep after all that time on the couch.

“Want me to carry you up stairs?” John asked clearly amused at my fail attempt to walk. “That wold be nice” I mumbled.  He chucked but wrapped his arms around my tired figure and lifted my up in his arms. He then threw me over his shoulder and began walking in the direction of the stairs.

I looked back at my brother and Zane through the little slits in my eyes and saw Zane looking annoyed and kind of mad while my brother was mostly just confused. Well I don’t blame him, I think this is the first time he’s seen john and now he’s carrying me to my room.

John opened my door and threw me off of him and I landed on the bed with a thump. “Thanks” I mumbled, fixing myself so I was laying on the pillow, I bet I would be falling asleep any second now.  “No problem, the movie actually wasn’t that bad, but I am not watching it again” he added at the end , making me laugh, I had no intention of watching it again any time soon anyway.

“Yea, yea now go away so I can get some sleep” I blindly swatted at him. he laughed but I heard the door click shut, I rolled over and welcomed sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to the sound of my door softly creaking open in the dead on the night, through my squinted eyes I looked over at my clock and saw that it was like three in the morning. I rubbed my hands over my eyes then opened them to see who was bugging me this late, or early.

A scowl was set on my face when I saw who it is, could he ever just talk to me in the normal hours of the day. “What Zane?” I asked grumpily. I threw myself back down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. “nothing, I just couldn’t sleep so I decided to come and see you” he took a seat on the edge of my bed and looked around the room. overall my room was pretty plain, just a couple pieces of furniture here and there and my walls were painted a soft shade of blue to give it more of that homily feeling. Some pictures were hung up and stuff but my room was clean and empty.

“And why did you decide to come and see me?” I asked out of curiosity, just because I cant sleep doesn’t mean I get out of bed and go see someone. “Because your my mate” he whispered. I rolled my eyes, it was most likely just his wolf missing me and it was taking a toll on him. “Goodnight Zane” I said as his cue to leave. I wasn’t going to have that conversation again with him while I'm half asleep at three am.

“Can I sleep here?” I looked at him as if he was crazy. “Why?” I asked confused, he had his own room with his own bed. “I kind of feel like it” he said softly. “That’s not a good enough answer go back to your own room” I said pointing to the door.

“Please Marissa, my wolf just needs this I promise I’ll stay on my side” he stood there with pleading eyes begging me to let him stay, I would feel bad now If I told him to leave, so reluctantly I moved over. “you better stay on your side” I mumbled as I turned away from him.

Zane’s POV

My wolf needed it my ass, that was just a lie to get her to say yes. Truth is I just wanted too, I wanted to sleep with her for one night. Even if I cant hold her I’ll take what I can get. but I was telling the truth when I said I couldn’t sleep and it was all because of her.

After I saw her and john downstairs I felt like everything came crashing down on me, like that should be me with her watching movies and taking her to sleep when she’s tired but no john was there to take my place. I can’t deny that a bigger piece of me is wanting her now but I'm going to stick with my first decision because that was the first choice I made and I was not about to second think myself.

 I just kind of lost it and it’s been bugging me with her and john, what’s going on between them? when i talked to my dad about it he said that john was just here to train Marissa and he was very professional. Well he doesn’t look so professional now….

I looked at her sleeping form and wondered what if I was just a regular wolf? Would I have been able to accept Marissa or would I find another reason not too? a part of me is nagging that I'm just using the alpha position as an excuse. A lot of these thoughts consumed my mind but I brushed them away for now, I needed to get a good night sleep beside me mate, because this might just be the first and last time ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up in the morning I was greeted with an empty side of the bed, nice she woke up and let without even saying bye. I looked over and saw that it was only six. We don’t even have to wake up for school until seven-ish.

I groaned but got up anyway. It was then that I noticed the washroom light on and the shower running, she must have just gotten up. I have to say that was one of the most relaxing sleeps I have ever had in a long time. I don’t know if it was just the presence of Marissa or if my body was just to tired to bear it but either way that left me in a good mood when I woke up.

I walked out of her room with a smile on my face, I haven’t heard that Kyle or Sean was back yet so maybe she would let me give her a ride too school?

Marissa’s POV

When I woke up I felt like screaming. Just because of the position I was in, neither one of us was on our side of the bed. My head was laying on his chest while his arm was wrapped around my waist, we were pressed together and I have no idea how we ended up like that.

I was warm and comfortable all night but I didn’t want it to be because of that. I automatically untangled myself from him and got up, so when he woke up he wouldn’t find himself in the same situation. That was now my little secret that he wouldn’t know about. I looked at the clock and noticed it was almost six, a bit early but I don’t trust myself to go back to sleep so I pulled myself out of the bed and stumbled over to the bathroom.

I needed a shower to wake me up and get me going for the day. I checked my phone and noticed I had one message from Kyle.

‘Hey Marissa, thank god we’re coming back tomorrow night. We missed you can can’t wait to see you. I’ll text you when we get back’

Oh thank god they’re coming back tomorrow, I need them around to keep me sain and most of all keep my busy. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry about the late upload, i only had one half of the chapter done and didn't have time to write the other half. im going away for the weekend so the next upload won't be until monday or tuesday, comment and vote please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 201 23
"Dear to us are those who love us but dearer are those who reject us as unworthy, for they add another life; they build a heaven before us whereof we...
17.1K 840 39
Rejection isn't a choice. Death is an option.. we choose to die because of the choices we make. We make mistakes. isn't that what life is all about...
600K 17.1K 35
Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and decides to run away. As a rogue she comes u...
2.5M 64.7K 38
(Old description got somehow deleted.This is a new shorter description but the story is not changed!) ⚠⚠WARNING BEFORE YOU READ: I WROTE THIS BACK WH...