Years To Luna [#1 Gifted Luna...

De Nextdoorgirl101

"Let me go, Aurnia! You're going to kill me!" he gurgled out feeling more lightheaded by the minute - she onl... Mai multe

Author's Note
Summary
Prologue
¤CAST¤
A/N
TRAILER
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
BIG NEWS!!!
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
Gifted Luna Series
XXXIII
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
Epilogue

XXI

122 6 3
De Nextdoorgirl101

"And can I pick your brain?
To get to know,
Your thoughts.
So I can read your mind,
When you don't wanna talk.
Let me see the dark sides
As well as the bright.
I wanna love you
Inside out." - The Chainsmokers - Inside Out.

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■

Othello and Aurnia sat on the soft mattress of the fire lord's bedroom for the past fifteen minutes in silence. Aurnia was scared to utter even a word - to be honest she was completely terrified of him. seeing him in wolf form, growling and snarling absolutely scared the living daylights out of her.

To top it all off, his paws were on fire! How were they on fire? Didn't it hurt him? she hoped that it didn't hurt him, she hated seeing him in pain even though he didn't mind hurting her. She peeked up at the bulky man to see him already staring at her figure - he had done that since he entered the room.

She shifted uncomfortably on her bottom then settled to pulling her knees up to her chest. She felt safe like that, she felt like being in foetal position would protect her from Othello lashing out or hurting her. Othello's eyes softened at the protective trance his mate put herself in. he found it adorable yet irritating that Aurnia was scared of him - he would never do anything to hurt her, he was there to protect her at all costs and would never lay a single finger on her unless to pleasure her.

Instantly Lucius flashed an image of their mate wriggling under them in pleasure, moaning and screaming their name, begging them to continue. It was hard for Othello to shake the image out of his mind provided that Aurnia was right in front of him.

The bulge in his jeans was very apparent, but she seemed completely oblivious to it.

"I should explain..." he started.

"Mikaela already explain your werewolf hierarchy so that's over and done." Aurnia interrupted him.

"No, I need to explain what we are, what you are." He tried to reason with her.

"I know what I am, a human."

"You don't understand..." Othello sighed. He was tired of beating around the bush with this situation. The last time he did that his mate ending up slapping him on both his cheeks, he got drunk and ended up nearly fighting one of his mate's friend.

"Help me understand. Ever since I met you, I've been trying to understand you, to understand your antics. Do you know how hard it is not to fathom something as simple as a person? To have this feeling that he is lying to you? Did you even plan to tell me the truth? Did you?" Aurnia voice rose a few octaves but remained oddly calm. Unfortunately, on the inside she was a raging storm; she wanted to burst into tears, she wanted to scream out loud, to slap him and kiss him senseless - she was a mess that could only be cleaned up by Othello.

"I did, but not like this. It just happened at a bad time, I swear that I was going to tell you." He pleaded but the frown on her lips told him that she wasn't satisfied with his answer.

"I have two brothers," he blurted out - looking down at his lap - grabbing Aurnia's attention and curiosity.

"My mother, the moon goddess Diana, married my father, a human which was blasphemous and against the laws of divinity at the time. somehow the council heard about it and wanted to put her up for trial in Olympus." He glanced up at her as she gave him an encouraging nod.

"So before going she laid with my father and impregnated herself. Afterwards, she ran away back to Olympus. She knew that the council couldn't execute her now that she carried life within her - after all, gods valued life. Thankfully King Jupiter and Queen Juno were close friends with mum, so they wouldn't have done such a rash thing in the first place. Unfortunately, uncle Jupiter had to do something to keep the respect that other deities had for him intact; so he cursed her children to be half wolf and half-demigod." His voice came out shaky, this was harder than he thought it would be.

"Aunty Juno though, gifted her children with powers and made my mum goddess of wolves too. I've always loved aunty Juno, she avoided a few slaps upside my head from mum." He chuckled lightly, reminiscing the times he spent in Olympus with them.

"Fast-forward four months later, mum gave birth to her first child - who was me - two days after my brother Brucio and finally a week later her smallest Malcom." Aurnia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

How did the children come out on widely differing days when they shared the same womb? Moreover, how did she give birth Four months after? Her grimace didn't go unnoticed by Othello.

"Growing rates of demigods and gods are much more complicated and different compare to humans and animals. Gods could carry fifteen children for all we know, and they'll still be born on different days - unless they were twins. It's weird I know." He slowly explained knowing that it was a lot to take in already. Aurnia pouted in confusion but nodded nonetheless.

"Anyhow, when we were older an issue arose. The Dark Gates locking in the Underworld was being forced open and some monsters slipped through the cracks and wiped out nearly half the population on earth. Go figure what would have happened if the gates were wide open."

"Unfortunately, Gods couldn't do much - their existence lied solely in Olympus and not on earth. But we were demigods, so we existed in both the human world and in Olympus - my mother agreed to send us down to close the gates. After the long and strenuous task of locking the underworld safely, the earthquakes caused the earth to split and drift apart in seven pieces of land. So, the council thought it was better if we stayed down here to look after humans and the Dark Gate." He nodded as if affirming his own words to himself - he didn't like that the higher-ups had ordered them to stay on earth, his brothers and him had been very disappointed that they couldn't see their mother again. Now thinking of it, it had been ages since hed last felt his mother's true warmth.

"If gods couldn't step foot on earth, then how did your mother do it? And if your mother could then so could the others I assume?" Aurnia cocked her head to the side in curiosity.

"Always asking questions, my mate." Othello teased her, earning him a hard glare - right, she was still pissed.

"Mum could possess a body on earth - like every deity - so she created a vessel which turned to dust when she retracted into her celestial form. But when becoming mundane the divine powers within them subdue so even if the others did descend, they wouldn't be able to use their powers to one hundred percent. Even though the body disintegrated, her children remain inside her Celestial body." He cleared up his mate's misconception - Aurnia nodded slowly in understanding.

She didn't want to believe all this was real, heck if she even believed her existence was real. She wanted to wake up from this bad dream, she wanted to sit up in her bed at home and forget this - she wanted to go back to the little café and do some work as Sam tried to strike up a conversation with her, she wanted to go back home afterwards and continue life as it was. Unfortunately, this was the real world, her world now. She needed to get used to this, she needed to normalise this.

"It got lonely, you know?" She was dragged out of her conscience when Othello spoke.

"We were the only werewolves on earth and we had to hide that. We felt alienated and different from the humans, plus we were lonely, no woman could satisfy our longing for love since they would eventually grow old and wither away." His eyes were now distant, as if he was recalling that painful lonesomeness - he will not lie that scars of those days latched onto his heart and would probably stay there for the rest of his days.

"Mum saw that and started sending down her creations - were-people like us. Five males and five females on each continent. She tied their souls together so that they would never feel unloved - that's what soulmates are. Us though she let the Universe decide on our soulmates, she didn't want to disrupt our fates." He smiled slowly at his mate who was fiddling with her fingers nervously.

He knew that she was still uncomfortable with this latest information, but she was still adjusting - trying to keep an open-mind. He admired Aurnia for that, she tried to step out of her comfort zone even if she was scared shitless; she was strong and adventurous, she was his.

"What am I?" her small voice startled him, he hadn't heard her speak for a good ten minutes. He sighed knowing that she wouldn't like what he was going to say.

"You're my soulmate."

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■
Oopss....
Another long ass chapter...
And a lot of info and technicalities😅

Hope they didn't bore you, but they were necessary.

Anyways,
Thoughts???

Don't forget to;

VOTE & SHARE

FOLLOW your girl too❤

Love y'all!!

~Nextdoorgirl101

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
1.8M 90.4K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...
278K 13.2K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...
1.2K 15 21
A piercing scream left her dried lips as another slash whipped her bare back. A crimson color liquid poured down each slash onto the marble floor. My...