𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚂𝚝𝚘...

By Madame_Diamond

||Connor RK800 x Reader|| Your father asked you to be apart of a Cryostasis pod test back in 2018 and that wa... More

Chapter 1: Confusing Beginnings
Chapter 2: Where should I go?
Chapter 3: New World
Chapter 4: Deviants On The Run
Chapter 5: Food Truck Stop
Chapter 6: The Nest
Chapter 7: No Rest For The Weary
Chapter 8: Russian Roulette
Chapter 9: Eden Club Homicide
Chapter 10: The Blue Haired Traci
Chapter 11: The Bridge
Chapter 12: Quality Time Together
Chapter 13: Public Enemy
Chapter 14: Disaster Avoided
Chapter 15:Emotional Nights Lead to Good Mornings
Chapter 16: Meeting Kamski
Chapter 17: Shoot or Don't Shoot?
Chapter 18: Coping With The Truth
Chapter 19: Last Chance Connor
Chapter 20: Jericho
Chapter 21: Caught In The Crossfire
Chapter 22: The Plan
Chapter 23: Infiltration
Chapter 24: Internal Conflict
Chapter 25: Freedom
Chapter 26:Just The Beginning
Chapter 27: Like A Father
Chapter 29: Krispy Krime Stopping Trio United
Chapter 30: Christmas Together
Chapter 31: New Case Of The Android Killer
Chapter 32: Following The Blood Trail
Chapter 33: Take A Breather, It's The New Year
Chapter 34: Closing In On The Target
Chapter 35: Shutdown
Chapter 36: Where You Bury Your Androids
Chapter 37: Reflections
Chapter 38: Mind Garden
Chapter 39: I Don't Know How To Act
Chapter 40: Not Valentine's Day Date
Chapter 41: Escapism
Chapter 42: Visitor
Chapter 43: House Guest
Chapter 44: Android Babysitter
Chapter 45: Autonomy
Chapter 46: Taken
Chapter 47: Find Connor
Chapter 48: Conan
Chapter 49: Family Matters
Chapter 50: Time Doesn't Stop, We Keep Going

Chapter 28: Feelings Are Weird

7.3K 290 629
By Madame_Diamond

Song Quote: Oh No!
"I know exactly what I want and who I want to be I know exactly why I walk and talk like a machine I'm now becoming my own self-fulfilled prophecy"
~~~

Your work day was boring due to Hank's absence. He would always talk shit about Gavin when the guy was being rude but sadly you were left alone today.

Speaking of Gavin you made sure to stay away from him as much as you possibly could. You mostly spent your breaks in the bathroom or in your secret hiding spot otherwise known as the archive room lined with documents, files and information.

You had gotten home later than you usually do due to staying overtime.

You walked from the bus stop and into your home. You looked around for any signs of anyone inside the house only to have Teddy running to greet you.

"Hey There Teddy Bear, did Connor and Hank go out?" You asked the pup gaining no response but guessing from the cleaned house and dishes put away you took that as a yes.

Deciding to enjoy the alone time you kicked back on the couch with Teddy in your lap to play some video games.

~~~

Later on Connor walked through the front door and greeted You and Teddy.
"How was hanging out with Hank?" You asked him as you paused your game.

"It was nice I got to see Sumo again, we hung out and watched a movie" He replied as he sat down on the couch taking off his shoes and putting them to the side.

"Ooo, What movie?" You perked up at movie. "We ended up watching 'To all the boys I've loved before'" He replied and you looked at him confused "Hank said there wasn't anything interesting on Netflix so he got angry and clicked a random movie" he explained to you.

"That sounds like him" You chuckled and added "I saw that movie before, it was good"

"I found the plot interesting but I couldn't understand what was happening between the main characters. They were in love but I wasn't sure how it led to that..." Connor voiced aloud in thought.

"You don't know about love?" You asked Connor tilting your head at the android curiously.
He shakes his head "I didn't need to before as a machine so I don't know what it feels like" He says in a indifferent tone.

"I've been learning more about emotions and love is one that is difficult to comprehend" he adds in making you go silent.

You take a moment to think before saying "It's kinda like being close to someone and harboring a deep affection towards them" You tried to explain unsure of yourself.

"Have you ever felt love (Y/n)?" Connor questioned in a curious tone.
"Of course I have" You say and add "I've felt a certain love for my family and friends before but never a romantic type for a special someone" you tell him and pick up Teddy holding him up to your face saying in a sweet tone "And I love this little guy" You gushed as you gave the golden puppy a kiss on the forehead before setting him back down in your lap.

"Ah I see..." Connor looked down in thought processing what you said.
"I understand if it's not easy to understand, that's how things can be" You tell him and he replies "I sorta understand what you mean, I'm gonna think about it" he gets up and walks away.

You leave him alone to think and continued playing video games.

~~~

Later on Connor calls you from his bedroom.
You walk in and see him on his computer with a page pulled up and he asks you "This icon popped up, do I click it?" You take a look at the screen and see a google captcha that says click here if your not a robot.

"Just click the box Connor, your fine" you tell him and start to walk away.
"But I am a android though, so would that be lying?" He asks as his eyes never leaves the screen.

"Just click it! It's supposed to protect your privacy that's all" you yelled from the other room as you played games on your phone.

"Oh, Thank you!" He called back from the other room.

~~~

You were chilling in your room enjoying your evening when Connor walked in with Teddy at his feet.

"(Y/n) do you have any social media?" He asked as he stood next to your bed with his smartphone in his hand.

"Yeah, why?" You asked glancing over curiously. "I got a Instagram and I wanted to follow you" He replies and showed you his new profile which had no photos posted and no icon.

"CoinFlipsAndTricks800?" You read his username aloud looking at him confused.
"Hank helped me come up with it" He replied sheepishly.

"Alright, here's my Instagram" you tell him your username and you both follow eachother back.

"Don't you need a profile photo?" You asked. "I'd like to, but I don't have any photos in my phone yet" He says showing you his empty gallery.

"I gotchu" you say as you grabbed his phone and took a picture of both of you together. You were smiling while he looked into the camera with confusion on his face.

You edit the photo and add a filter before cropping it and setting it as his icon before handing it back to him.
"There you go" you tell him as he looked at the photo of both of you.

He stays silent looking at the photo and smiling.

He glances over at you hesitantly before opening his mouth to speak "Remember what we were talking about earlier with Emotions and Feelings?" He reminded you.

"Yeah, what about it?" You glanced at him in wonder of where this is going.
"I don't know much about feelings and emotions but I would like you to teach me...and maybe about love?" he says and adds "Can you teach me to feel real?"

Taken aback you processed his words before smiling and saying "Of course Anything for you bud" you pat him on the back in a friendly way.

"I'll get back to you on this alright? I'm gonna turn in early alright?" You tell him and he gets up nodding "Of course, have a good night (Y/n)..." He gives you a small smile before exiting the room leaving you alone.

~~~

You slammed down a small stack of papers and books on the coffee table in front of Connor as he sat on the couch startling him.

"What's all of this?" He asked sitting up while wearing a grey sweater.
"Remember you wanted me to help you understand emotions and all that junk?" You reminded him.

"Yeah I asked you three days ago..." he replied looking at you confused as to why your bringing this up now.

"Well I finally figured out how to explain it in a way that makes sense and help you learn how to feel" You say confidently patting yourself on the back.

"Have you been researching this entire time?" He questioned surprised and you nodded "Yup! I had to balance it with work though" You told him smiling in triumph.

"Alright, where do we start?" He asks staring at the materials you have on the table.

"Let's start with the basic emotions instead of the complex ones" you tell him grabbing some papers.

"Complex ones?" He questioned confused "Yeah...There are some complex ones that even i can't explain" You admitted.

"Basic ones are Happiness, Sadness Anger, Disgust and Fear" You tell him the first emotions that come to mind.

You started to explain each type of emotion very carefully to Connor using definitions from google and explaining every aspect of each the best you could.
He sat there listening intently entranced in what you have to say.

"Do you understand the basic ones now?" You asked him after you finished explaining.

He nods "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've felt those before so that should be a great start" he replies confidently and intrigued.

"I know what happiness feels like, but I'm unsure if I've felt sadness or anger...maybe I have but I don't think I did at the time?" He voiced his thoughts aloud.

"Well you now know what to look for and maybe be able to figure it out,let's take a break now" you say as you take a sip of water.

"What are the complex ones you were talking about earlier?" He questioned curiously.

"Oh those? It's usually the type of feelings that can make a person go crazy" You smiled giving him a vague response.
"Those are kinda hard to explain" You finished and walked away to go take Teddy outside to use the bathroom.

"Make a person crazy? What does that mean?" You hear Connor mutter to himself as he theorizes what you meant.

You layed back on the couch staring at the android with a soft look in your eyes as you gazed at him with a smile on your face at how cute he can be sometimes when he's lost in his thoughts and compiling data.

You hear the doorbell and Connor answers it to see Hank at the door.
"Hey, I heard they passed the right for Androids to work and I uh came to tell you guys..." Hank said walked into the house shocking both you and Connor.

"Whoa really? They got that passed?" You said looking at Connor who looked surprised.
"That's great Hank, Then I could work with you both again" His face lit up with joy.

"Wait that's great and all but...What the hell is all this crap?" Hank interrupted the good news as he looked at the books and paper on the coffee table.

"Connor wanted me to teach him how to become more human" You replied walking over and cleaning up the slight mess.

Hank extended his hand and placed it onto Connor's shoulder with a serious glint in his blue eyes.
"Connor." He started catching the android off guard.
"Yes Lieutenant?" He replied as he stared at the Lieutenant confused.

"I'll give you some advice. Emotions and feelings are fucking stupid, they screw up everything" Hank said in a serious tone and let go of Connor's shoulder immediately afterwards.

"Nice advice" You commented sarcastically but know what he said is half true.

"Well it's better than teaching him with books" He retorted in a playful manner.
"Whatever I tried, I don't know this shit well either" You shrugged at him.

Hank pats you on the back replying "Better you than me" He chuckles to himself.
"Whatever." You puffed out your cheeks but laugh it off.

"Anyways, Connor wanna hang out tonight? I could teach you how to drive" Hank asked the android while dangling his keys.

"With all due respect Lieutenant, I know how to drive" Connor replied indifferently.
"Yeah well sometimes you take too sharp of turns so it's good practice" Hank said while throwing the keys to the android and walked out the front door.

Connor caught the keys with one hand then looked to you confused and you gesture him to go "Go on, enjoy yourself" You smiled at him and gestured him to go.

He smiled and left the house with Hank leaving you and Teddy behind.
"Those two..." You sighed to yourself a big grin on your face.

~~~

"Hey We're back!" Hank announced when him and Connor walked through the front door startling you slightly.

"Oh wassup" You relaxed upon seeing them as you sat on the couch.
"Hey (Y/n)" Connor greeted as he reached over the back of the couch and hugged your shoulders from behind in a sweet manner.

"What's the occasion?" You questioned caught off guard by the sudden hug.
"Hank was teaching me ways to express emotions towards others and hugging is a way to show you care about someone" Connor explained sincerely.

"Awww thanks" you replied touched by the gesture.
"Stop being so sweet together you might make the rest of us sick" Hank groaned in a sarcastic manner as he stood by the door.

"Yeah whatever, see you tomorrow" You tell the Lieutenant as Connor shows him to the door.

"Have a good night Lieutenant" Connor tells Hank as he starts to close the door.

"Hey remember all the stuff I taught you!" he reminded the android as he walked to his car

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 12.3K 42
[COMPLETED] The story of you meeting Connor as your partner, but will you open up to him? Story taking place during the times of Detroit: Become Huma...
54.3K 3.4K 12
❝I'll follow you anywhere, Connor. Well, as long as it's not like...on another continent or something. ❞ [Road trip AU] In which Connor commemorates...
72.9K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...
9.7K 283 11
[Connor x Android!Reader] Detroit is having a problem with their androids, they are attacking their owners; Deviants is what they have been called. C...