Sometimes things are more mag...

By kaatjedeee

When Agent Phil Coulson gets the order to bring a special team together, to protect people, and to work with... More

Sometimes things are more magical than you know ~ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\OC
prologue
pilot (1)
pilot (2)
pilot (3)
pilot (4)
pilot (5)
pilot (6)
0-8-4 (7)
0-8-4 (8)
0-8-4 (9)
0-8-4 (10)
0-8-4 (11)
0-8-4 (12)
The Asset (13)
The Asset (14)
The Asset (15)
The Asset (16)
Eye spy (18)
Eye spy (19)
Eye spy (20)
Eye spy (21)
Eye spy (22)
The girl in the flower dress (23)
The girl in the flower dress (24)
The girl in the flower dress (25)
The girl in the flowerdress (26)
The girl in the flowerdress (27)
FZZT (28)
FZZT (29)
FZZT (30)
FZZT (31)
FZZT (32)
FZZT (33)
The Hub (34)
The Hub (35)
The Hub (36)
The Hub (37)
The well (38)
The Well (39)
The Well (40)
The Well (41)
Repairs ~ Note of the author
Repairs (42)
Repairs (43)
Repairs (44)
Repairs (45)
Repairs (46) [epilogue]
The story of Andromeda of Asguard ~ Intermezzo + author note
The Bridge (47)
The Bridge (48) (authors note)
SECOND AUTHOR NOTE
The Bridge (48)
The Bridge (49)
The Bridge (50)
The Bridge (51)
The Bridge (52)
The Magical Place (53)
The Magical Place (54)
Intermezzo
The Magical Place (55)
The Magical Place (56)
Intermezzo ~ Past, present, and future
The magical place (57)
Seeds (58)
Seeds (59)
Seeds (60)
Intermezzo ~ a special lecture
T.R.A.C.K.S (62)
Playlist
I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!
T.R.A.C.K.S (63)
T.R.A.C.K.S ~epilogue
T.A.H.I.T.I (64)
T.A.H.I.T.I (65)
Yes Men (66)
Yes Men (67)
Yes Men (68)
End of the beginning (69)
To my dear readers
Intermezzo ~ Welcome in the mansion of Mr. Dead himself. Enjoy your stay.
I REPRESENT...
End of the beginning (70)
End of the beginning (71)
End of the beginning (72)
Turn, turn, turn (73)
Turn, turn, turn (74)
Turn, turn, turn (75)
Turn, turn, turn (76)
Providence (77)
Providence & The only light in the darkness (78)
The only light in the darkness (79)
Nothing personal (80)
Nothing personal (81)
Nothing Personal (82)
Ragtag (83)
Ragtag (84)
Ragtag (85)
Beginning of the end (86)
Beginning of the end (87)
Beginning of the end (88)
Beginning of the end (89)
Beginning of the end (90)
Epilogue
A word of thank you
One shot: Why Nyla Sanchez isn't on the SHIELD Index
wow

The Asset (17)

1.2K 35 0
By kaatjedeee

"So, Phil? What are we going to do?"

Coulson didn't knew how to answer.

For one part, he was angry at her. Very angry. According to what they had told him, it had been her meaning to act like a normal human being. She was obviously not acting like one.

He wasn't even talking about the point that she had stopped the time, like it was nothing, on a moment crucial like this. That was also not normal.

But from the other hand... She gave him the opportunity. She gave him the chance.

"I know... You are angry at me, because I am absolutely not acting and behaving like I'm supposed to do. But also... It is also my duty to guide the living. To give them the opportunity."

She looked at the appereance of doctor Hall, who was still frozen in time.

"I gave him his opportunity, and he made his choice. Now I'm wondering... What will be yours?"

She said nothing, for a few minutes. And in that time, Coulson came to his answer.

"I will do my best to figure this out on my own. Without supernatural help. Is that okay for you?"

She gave him a simple smile.

"That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was gone. But every started to move again.

"Coulson, the leak came from-"

"Doctor Hall. Yeah, I'm getting that," Coulson replied to May over the radio.

"Hola, petitions and bargains couldn't stop him. He grows more powerfull every day. Then, I get worried that he has found this."

The gravitonium device started to turn around faster.

"I'm sorry Mr. Coulson," Hall said. "I'm staying with my choice."

All the closets in the room fell open, and everything fell out of them.

"Something tells me that wasn't the off button-"

A invisible power pulled Coulson to the wall.

Everything went black.

When he woke up-

Well, most of the room was a mess. And he has a serious headache.

"Guys, we need to talk," he said over the radio.

On the other side, May sighed.

"Lost you for a minute," she answered.

"What are the problems, sir? Hall wanted Quinn to kidnapp him?"

"Why would he do that?" Fitz asked.

"What's wrong with him?" Simmons added to it.

"Quinn build a gravity generator," Coulson explained. "Like the one we found, but bigger. Hall knew Quinn would need him to control the power, but-"

Coulson groaned. There was still something not right in his head.

"I just wanted to unleash him."

"How big is the generator?" Sanchez asked. Somewhere, Coulson tried not to laugh.

Ofcourse, they hadn't even known that she had been gone.

"Twelve feet," he answered. "It wil definitely take down the entire compound."

On the other side of the radio, FitzSimmons started a whole discussion about the generator. But what he could hear from it, it did not make him happy.

It would definitely sink the entire compound. If they did nothing, Hall would have what he wanted.

"Work on a solution," Coulson said to them. "I will try to disconnect the power, before thing walk-"

He stood up, and stopped talking.

"Crazy."

He was standing on the ceiling of the room.

"I can't help you," Hall said. He walked to one of the closets, and took a bottle of bourbon out of it, together with a glass.

"Soon, it will reach a expedential exceleration state," he told Coulson when he took a chair and sat down on it.

"I'm sorry."

"My team is here. Good people."

"Sworn to protect all man kind?" Hall asked. "That's what I'm doing. I promise. Making things right."

He did some bourbon in the glass.

The generator turned around more fast, and everything started moving again. Coulson tried not to fall, when Quinn walked easily to the other side of the room.

They were standing on one of the walls now.

And to make the situation more complicated... Hall had a gun.

"The only thing I had to do to get access to Quinn's lab, was dropping little clues. I created a puzzle for him to solve. Quinn like's it to feel smart."

"So you leaked your location," Coulson guessed. "Why not try rea-"

"You can't reason with an addict," Hall answered. "And he's addicted to exploiting opportunities. He never gives a thought to the friends, ecosystems, future generations left ruined in his wake."

"Like Agents Fitz and Simmons, your former students?" Coulson said to him. "I've got them in my ear right now, telling me you're not a bad guy. We could've worked with you on this."

The gravity field in the room changed again, and Coulson fell down on the ground.

"SHIELD? SHIELD is just as guilty of the same thing! Experimentation without thought of consequence! Your search for an unlimited power source brought an alien invasion," Hall shouted to Coulson.

"Fair point," he admitted to him.

"This element, it's far to powerfull for you, for him, for anyone! I don't have to tell you that."

The field changed. Again. Both of them could feel it.

"You're feeling it now," Hall said.

They fell to the side with the generator, and Coulson punshed Hall in his face, so that he could get the gun.

"I'm seeing the future, Mr Coulson," Hall said. "And it's a catastrophy."

"I just see a lot of people in trouble," he reacted. He pulled some cables out of the wall. It did nothing.

"Nothing! FitzSimmons, I'm trying to cut the power. It's still going!"

"Try to find a catalyst!" They said. "Something to create a chemical reaction."

"It's not to late to do the right thing!" Coulson shouted to Hall. "Help me to find the catalyst!"

"I AM doing the right thing!" Hall shouted back. "Completely selfless act. I know that history never celebrates what didn't happened. And now, call this a tragedy, they wouldn't understand the good I did here."

Through the window of the door, Coulson could see Ward and Skye.

They had made it. That was at least something that went well.

"Killing innocent people?" Coulson asked to Hall.

"Saving millions. We have to live with the choices we make... But sometimes, we need to die with them too."

And at that moment, Coulson knew why Nyla had given him the choice.

Actually, it had not even been necessary to give it to him. He knew exactly what to do.

"I understand. You made a hard call."

"Nice," Hall said.

"And now, I have to make mine."

He fired three shots into the window that seperated them from the generator. Just in time, he could grab one of the cables.

Hall did not even shout very loud, when he fell into the gravitonium.

But it worked. He fell down on the ground again, and Skye and Ward came in.

In his head, he could hear the voice of Sanchez again.

"That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my dearies! This was the last episode chapter of "The Asset". The next chapter will be just like the order of the episodes, Eye spy. Did you all like this? A comment or\and a vote would be awesome ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 9 9
Jessica Lee left her job with MI5 after a mission went horribly wrong to start a new life in New York. She was lucky to find a job with Stark Indust...
383K 12.2K 17
Rosie likes to tell herself that being on the President's top 10 most dangerous individual's list is perfectly normal. She makes her living through p...
352K 11.8K 64
Within twenty-four hours, thirteen year old Thea Fossil's life has been turned upside down. She arrives home late one night to find her astrophysicis...
241K 6.5K 32
Two people with two very different missions cross paths. One, an assassin hell-bent on attaining revenge for the murders of the two people who meant...