The Modern World For Idiots...

By magicalmoose_03

{discontinued-ish} The god of Mischief is under house arrest on earth, the Winter Soldier has calmed down fro... More

Chapter 1. Lovely Day
Chapter 2. Under Pressure
Chapter 3. Dream on
Chapter 4. Take it or leave it
Chapter 5. A To-do List
Chapter 6. Let's get it started
Chapter 7. Let's go see the stars
Chapter 8. Put your head on my shoulder
Chapter 9. Welcome to New York
Chapter 10. Here I go again
Chapter 11. Wanna be startin' something
Chapter 12. Ain't That A Kick In The Head
Chapter 13. Sometime Remind Me to Tell You
Chapter 14. We had to end it
Chapter 15. Let's get Loud
Chapter 16. On the Floor
Chapter 17. Can't take that way from me
Chapter 18. Wonderful World
Chapter 19. It wasn't me
Chapter 20. Let Me Hold You
Chapter 21. The Less I Know the Better
Chapter 22. You'll never know
Chapter 23. Up On The Roof
Chapter 24. It Was A Good Day
Chapter 25. It's Not Unusual
Chapter 26. Make Me Like You
Chapter 27. Another Brick in the Wall
Chapter 28. Well... this is awkward
Chapter 30. A Little Game of Hide and Seek
Chapter 31. A Wholly Ceiling
Chapter 32. This is Why
Chapter 33. Trick up the Sleeve
Chapter 34. Let Me Explain
Chapter 35. Just Some Attention
Chapter 36. A Little Bit of Advice
Chapter 37. Just A Bit Longer
Chapter 38. A Memory Relived
Chapter 39. One for the Books
Chapter 40. If You Wanna Be Happy
Chapter 41. When You Were Gone
Chapter 42. Crashing the Party
A Pointless chapter by Yours Truely
Chapter 43. Bring down the house
Chapter 44. Just Checking Up
Chapter 45. A Bittersweet Goodbye
A message from the author to the reader

Chapter 29. Well this is a Perfect Excuse

2.7K 123 40
By magicalmoose_03

" Yes...?" You turned towards Steve fiddling your fingers.

" Speedy over here already shared his story." Bucky interrupted. "Now it's your turn to explain to this grandpa over here about what just happened."

" Who you calling grandpa when you are literally a year older than me?!" Steve turn towards Bucky.

Bucky used his hand as a divider to block Steve's glare. "I am now blocking you temporarily."

Loki signed." If only it was that simple."

Steve then turned towards Loki.

" What?" Loki shrugged in defense.

" Lady (y/n), May you share your side to this eventful situation?" Thor asked.

" Since you asked nicely. Yes."

" Excuse me." Steve interrupted.

" Anyways.... " You interrupted the situation. " Let me tell you MY story because knowing how fast Pietro rambles will be too confusing."

" Yeah... She has a point." Pietro agreed.

" Should we be sitting down for this?"

" With the hearts of old relics like you guys....Yes." Pietro said.

You sighed deeply. " Don't be over dramatic, Pietro." 

" Have you seen me?"

" Point taken."

" Hey!"

" You said it not me."

" Can you continue the bloody story?!" Loki interrupted.

" Fine!" You turned towards Pietro. " How should I start this?"

" New year's party."

"Oh right."

" That long ago?" Steve asked.

You gave Steve a stink eye.

" Please, continue." Steve said in defeat.

" Anyways... It happened at a New Year's party that I was invited to." You began. " I was enjoying the party and I admit that I had a little too much to drink that night.."

" A little?" Pietro commented.

" Alright. I was down right buzzed." You gave up. " Anyways... Since two of you are still Understanding Earth culture. When Last day of the year transitions to the following year, there is a tradition that once the clock strikes 12 you have the option to kiss someone..."

" Ew... You kissed him?" Loki interrupted.

" No." Pietro answered. " I would never force or make my Princessa to kiss me if she didn't want to because I respect her." 

" And I thank you for that." You smiled. " Let me continue...Um... Another tradition for this holiday is to make a type of promise to yourself that you would do better or what you can improve with your life. Which is called a "New Year's Resolution".  After the party was coming to an end, Me and Pietro were hanging out with one another. As we were hanging out and exchanging stories, I... was the one who came up with idea about me and Pietro.."

" But in her defense, she was drunk out of her mind." Pietro added. " I took her home after the party was over because It would not be safe for her to go home in her condition."

" Where you not intoxicated, Maximoff?" Thor asked.

" I can't get drunk." Pietro began to explain. " My immune system doesn't allow me to get sick or get drunk."

" Same here." Steve agreed.

" Ditto." Bucky added.

" Is that why you were able to withhold my asgardian liqueur?" Thor asked.

" Yes, Thor." Steve answered.

" So... This arrangement is official?" Bucky interrupted.

" Nope." Pietro said. "It's just an inside joke we have with each other... So it not official."

You noticed that the four men were no longer tense , but... a wave of ease crashed over them.

That's a bit weird.

" You guys look like you were holding a piss and now finally made it to the toilet." Pietro joked.

A few nervous chuckles escaped their mouths.

" Miss (y/n), I wanted to inform you that your clothing are dry and ready." Friday interrupted causing Steve to jump up a bit.

" I will never get used to that." Steve said to himself.

" Thank you, Friday."

" I apologize I did not inform you earlier on, Miss (y/n)." Friday continued.

" No worries. I'll go get them right now." You said. " I'll be right back, boys. Don't burn the tower, please."

" We'll be fine." Pietro reassured.

" Ok then." You said.

You turned towards the door and walked out of the room to go get your clothes.

Pietro waited a few seconds till you were completely left the room and then turned towards the four men with blank stare.

" Alright you walking pillars of testosterone..." Pietro threatened. " Except Loki. He is just an embodiment of the magic beans that turned into a beanstalk."

" Excuse me..." Loki replied.

" I'm not finished, Bean pole." Pietro interrupted.

Bucky stepped forward. " What is this about, Pietro?"

" This is about (y/n) and I wanted to ask a favor." Pietro continued.

" What about Lady (y/n)? Is she alright?" Thor asked with concern.

" No, she is fine Thor." Pietro responded. " I just wanted to ask you four to look out for (y/n)."

" Is she in some sort of danger?" Steve questioned.

" No... I know (y/n) and I know that she can take care of herself more than I give her credit for. " Pietro began. " I love (y/n) just as much as I love my sister and I would move mountains for her If I could, but I haven't been around with her lately due to my schedule and personal things. All I am just asking to look over her shoulder once in a while since the four of you are technically 'Living' with her."

" And you think we would do this... Why?" Loki scoffed.

" Because I know that the four of you care about her." Pietro firmly stated.

The room fell silent.

" I'll take that silence as a yes?" Pietro asked. " Or am I wrong?"

" We do care about her." Steve broke the silence.

" She has shown... well.. In my case, the best hospitality I have received here on midgard." Thor added. " I do care about her though."

Bucky sighed. " She is one of the few people that has treated me normally after my imprisonment."

Pietro then turned towards Loki with hie eyebrows raised only receiving silence from Loki. On the other hand, Pietro knew that Loki wanted to share his opinion, but no word didn't come out.

" Forgive my brotha. " Thor spoke. " He is still struggling to open up more, but I know that he cares for her."

Loki turned his head towards Thor. Thor smiled at Loki because he knew that he was right on the matter.

" Yes, I do care about her." Loki finally spoke up.

" Thank you for that." Pietro said. " Plus it's noticeable

" This is probably one of the maturest talks you ever gave in your life." Steve said.

" You should have seen the talk I gave to Vision about dating."

" Wait... Wanda and Vision are dating?" Steve asked.

" Shoot." Pietro said under his breathe. " Wanda is gonna kill me."

" The Witch is dating the Computer with a body?!" Loki interrupted.

" Hey!" Pietro yelled. " Only I can call her Witch, Greasy."

" Excuse you?"

" Oh... I'm sorry insulted you." Pietro faked pouted. " I could have used your hair to grease the frying pan for breakfast, but I was trying to have some self control."

" How is that going?" Bucky asked.

" Thin ice, My friend. Thin ice." Pietro clenched his teeth.

Suddenly you burst into the room with your normal clothes back on.

" What's up, losers!" You exclaimed. " Except Thor. He is too nice to be a loser."

" Yay." Thor smiled.

" Excuse me?" Steve scoffed.

" You are second to last on not being a loser. Bucky is in the middle. Loki is the second place and Pietro is in first place for being a loser." you explained.

" Ha. Suck it." Loki pointed at Pietro.

" Princessa?!" Pietro exclaimed.

You just a gave him a smile in return.

" Well as much as I would love to stay I realized that I have a few errands to run." Pietro said.

" Finally." Loki scoffed.

" Excuse me? "

" You are excused." Loki smirked.

" Do you have to leave, Friend?" Thor frowned.

" Sadly yes." Pietro's arms drooped. " Plus my sister wants Chips. Last time I didn't get what she wanted, she Threw me against the wall and I am not planning to relive that experience at the moment."

" Fair enough." Thor replied.

" Well then...Bye, Pietro." Bucky said

" Good-bye, pietro." Steve waved.

" Farewell, fellow companion."

" Bye, guys." Pietro waved back.

Then Pietro turned to you.

" Bye, Pietro." You smiled. " Don't get in more trouble?"

" Who? Me." Pietro smirked.

You rolled your eyes.

" Fine, but I will expect bake goods from you."  Pietro winked as offered his pinky to complete the promise.

" Deal." You chuckled and linked pinkies.

Within a blink on an eye, a silver blur was left in his presences as he speed away.

" Finally!That pest is gone." Loki exclaimed.

Suddenly a silver blur entered the room with pietro appeared in front of you.

" You were saying." Thor said to Loki.

Loki rolled his eyes.

" I almost forgot." Pietro gave you a kiss on cheek and you gave him a kiss on the cheek in return.

" Oh by the way....This pest....." Pietro turned towards Loki and pointed to himself. " ....Is staying  whether you like it or not."

Pietro gave all four men a look, but you couldn't tell what he was communicating to them.

Did they talk about something?

Then once again he was gone in a silver flash leaving is presence once more.

What a handle-full, but one of my hand-full's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737 58 25
You were hidden from the world for a long time, there are only 2 people on Midgard who know who you truly are. One is Nick Fury and the other is... w...
18.6K 1.1K 90
You had always wanted one thing in your life, a love that would be everlasting. But for you that was an impossible task. Running from the only thing...
10.4K 496 14
I took his hands in mine frantically, causing his eyes to meet mine. "Then hand over the Tesseract and come home, Loki. Please." "I can't." H...
234 13 13
This is a story about the Avengers, but not a normal one. Let me explain. While Loki is on Earth the Earth's Mightiest Heros (the Avengers) go to sto...