Falling in Love with a Ghost

By darksolace

Kylie Livingston is your average, teenage girl. She has a past with ghosts so she can feel them or see them... More

Falling in Love with a Ghost:Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 4

2.9K 114 12
By darksolace

Kylie's POV

          "Genius, my ass!" I yelled at him. "Turn her back now! I won't forgive yo-"

          "Hey, sis. Who are you-" my brother barged in and was shocked to see Kris. I know you're wondering 'Why could he see ghosts, too?'

            Well, I kinda influenced him that's why he's so scared of creepy fantasy creatures. He believes in them, too. What a child.

            "Kyaa-" I covered his mouth to stifle his scream. Kris smirked at him, knowing that he could scare my brother easily. He always wear that smirk on his face that makes him so....gorgeous. Wait! What?! Did I just say that?

            Speaking of that jerk's face, I didn't tell you about his physical features, did I? So, here it is, he has this silky black hair that falls a little bit above his eyes. And he has this mesmerizing grey eyes and this muscular body that every girl could ever dream of. Actually, he's super hot, I must say. I bet when he's still alive, many boys were jealous of him. Well, just to tell you, I'm not drooling over him, okay? I'm not that stupid to fall for him 'cause I know how much of a jerk he is.

            Anyway...Realization then dawned on me.

            I'm talking to a ghost! Why am I not freaking out?! It's like I've known him for a long time but I can't remember when. Or how. Ugh! I don't want to think about it anymore! He just seems so familiar!

           I snapped back to reality when Jake gripped my hand.

          "Jake, please don't tell mom and dad about this. I don't want them to worry again, so please." I pleaded, afraid of him telling my parents about this.

           "But- okay, fine. I won't." he gave in. "But you won't bother us, will you?" he turned to Kris who's still smirking. Wow! Jake is not scared this time! Hmm..I guess he can be a manly brother sometimes. Wait! I forgot to tell you what my brother looks like! Sorry!

             Well, he's 20 years old. He's kinda playboy sometimes. Has brown hair probably got it from our dad. He's a 6 footer. Let's say he has a..let's say, perfect body. All girls at school were drooling over him. Probably raping him inside their minds.

                Anyway, he's more than a girl when it comes to ghosts and other stuffs..like me!!! I'm glad I'm not alone.

            Anyway, back to the previous scene.

           "Huh?! You do know why ghosts in the movie are always the bully, right?" He asked. Bully?! Bully was an understatement! They're like the terror or nightmare of the main character!!

             "So obviously, I won't stop bothering you. I don't even care if you die of shock because of my pranks later on." he stated, mocking my brother.

            I felt Jake gripped my hand.

           "What are you planning to do, Kris?" I glared at him. I felt Jake tensed up and loosen his grip when I mentioned the name 'Kris'. Well, for me it sounded familiar. But just like I said earlier, I can't remember. Aww..poor brain. I'll rip you open later on to find any of my childhood memories. For now, you can relax a bit. You can tremble in fear later.

           "It's a sec-"

           "Kris?!" Jake shrieked making me wince a little. In shouting and screaming, I can't beat his high score.

           "Ugh! Why are you always screaming?! You're a man, aren't you?" Kris asked in annoyance.

           "As in Kris Robertson?!" Jake ignored his somewhat like an insulting comment. 

            Kris furrowed his eyebrows wondering how did Jake know his name and slowly nodded. Jake then gasped.

           "It's me Jake! Jake Livingston!" Jake stated excitedly. It's like the part of old Jake was back. It's like he just found his long lost brother.

           "Jake?" Kris gasped in disbelief. "Look at you! Wow! You're hot, man! I bet many girls are after you now." Kris commented, scanning Jake up and down like a girl.

             "Of course!" he said with a proud smirk on his face. "I can't believe it! It's really you, Krissy!! Give your buddy a hug!!!" Jake shrieked while running and opening his arms to hug his so-called buddy.

             Seriously, "Krissy", what a girly nickname. Nickname?

             My eyes are wide open and I gasped. What did they have in the past? And what's with the nickname 'Krissy'. Kris' comment earlier keeps on replaying in my mind. Is Kris a homosexual? Is he gay? Or is it my brother? What if they had something going on? I can't believe my brother could do this. He promised me to marry a very beautiful girl, and yet...

            I just shook my head in disbelief. I can't force him to break up with Kris, right? He loves him.

           Kris grinned at him, but what do you expect? Of course, Jake just passed through Kris and hugged the wall instead. Kris just laughed hysterically at him. Before I can stop myself, I found myself laughing with Kris.

          "Ow! That hurts!! Why didn't you tell me earlier that I couldn't touch you?" Jake glared at Kris, but replaced by a sad expression realizing what he had said was true. His sad expression now was just like that time. His eyes were full of sadness and regret.

            "What's wrong, Jake?" I asked,  my voice was full of concern.

            "It's just-"

            "Nothing! Everything's okay. Right, Jake?" Kris immediately replied trying to enlighten the mood.

            I can't help but nod. Then, I heard the doorbell rang, so I quickly went downstairs to escape the awkward silence in the room. I headed towards the front door.

             When I opened it, two bodies jumped to me, almost making me lose my balance.

            "We miss you, Kylie!!! It's been years!" Maria and Rachelle shouted, still hugging me.

            "You're exaggerating. It's been what-4 days only." I chuckled. Somehow, my worry has been washed away.

            "Yeah, we know right." they giggled.

            "Let's go to my room." I motioned for them to go upstairs.

            "Okay!" they answered cheerfully.

            "Hey, Kylie. Where's Jake?" Maria asked. Of course, she wouldn't forget about Jake. She has a crush on him.

            "Oh, he's in his-" Oh, crap! I completely forgotten about them being in my room. I mentally facepalmed myself. But, it's too late. I already opened the door revealing Jake laughing by himself like an idiot. Well, for Kris, he was nowhere to be seen. I guess he ditched Jake when he was not looking. Not bad, Kris.

            Jake stopped laughing when he noticed us and he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I'd like to laugh but he'll kill me if I do. I glanced at my friends to see their expressions. Maria has her mouth wide open. Rachelle looks like she was trying her best not to laugh.

           "Hahaha...Hey..girls. Didn't see you there. I was... I was... just practicing my lines for our play in school..Yeah.. that's right..haha.." He reasoned out nervously, sending me a you-are-really-dead-look. I gulped. Yeah, I'm super dead.

            "School? Isn't it your vacation already?" Maria asked. Oh, great. He knows that it's our summer vacation right now and he said that it was for the play of our school?! What an idiot.

           "Uhm..He's just practicing in advance 'cause you know, like a role model in school..always prepared." I'd like to say "like hell that would happen", but I still covered him up to make sure he won't say anything stupid.

            "Yeah, that's right. Like a role model." He has this proud look, and then winked at my friend. I just rolled my eyes at him.

            I gave him a you-owe-me-one-look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, guys!! I'm back!!! Finally!! So I hope it was worth your wait. Guys, thank you for reading this far. Please comment!! I really really need your comment on this one..Again, thank you. Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233 60 37
I wasn't prepared for this. I wasn't supposed to find out. I'm not supposed to be here with them. Yet, here I am... Arianna Gallardo is changing. Cha...
280K 9.3K 29
Kylie Jenson is not popular nor is she girly. In fact, she's the opposite. She doesn't wear makeup or designer clothes (gasp), she hates shopping (do...
4K 97 16
"Mom, do ghosts exist?" I asked as I played with my Barbie dolls. "I don't know, dear," she replied as she braided my silky black hair. Unsatisfied w...
624 50 15
After she brutally murdered, Taylor awakes in her bed with no memory of what has happened. As she starts to go about her daily life, she notices that...