The Modern World For Idiots...

By magicalmoose_03

{discontinued-ish} The god of Mischief is under house arrest on earth, the Winter Soldier has calmed down fro... More

Chapter 1. Lovely Day
Chapter 2. Under Pressure
Chapter 3. Dream on
Chapter 4. Take it or leave it
Chapter 5. A To-do List
Chapter 6. Let's get it started
Chapter 7. Let's go see the stars
Chapter 8. Put your head on my shoulder
Chapter 9. Welcome to New York
Chapter 10. Here I go again
Chapter 11. Wanna be startin' something
Chapter 12. Ain't That A Kick In The Head
Chapter 13. Sometime Remind Me to Tell You
Chapter 14. We had to end it
Chapter 15. Let's get Loud
Chapter 16. On the Floor
Chapter 17. Can't take that way from me
Chapter 18. Wonderful World
Chapter 19. It wasn't me
Chapter 20. Let Me Hold You
Chapter 21. The Less I Know the Better
Chapter 22. You'll never know
Chapter 23. Up On The Roof
Chapter 24. It Was A Good Day
Chapter 25. It's Not Unusual
Chapter 26. Make Me Like You
Chapter 27. Another Brick in the Wall
Chapter 29. Well this is a Perfect Excuse
Chapter 30. A Little Game of Hide and Seek
Chapter 31. A Wholly Ceiling
Chapter 32. This is Why
Chapter 33. Trick up the Sleeve
Chapter 34. Let Me Explain
Chapter 35. Just Some Attention
Chapter 36. A Little Bit of Advice
Chapter 37. Just A Bit Longer
Chapter 38. A Memory Relived
Chapter 39. One for the Books
Chapter 40. If You Wanna Be Happy
Chapter 41. When You Were Gone
Chapter 42. Crashing the Party
A Pointless chapter by Yours Truely
Chapter 43. Bring down the house
Chapter 44. Just Checking Up
Chapter 45. A Bittersweet Goodbye
A message from the author to the reader

Chapter 28. Well... this is awkward

2.9K 113 59
By magicalmoose_03

After few fires, burnt bacon, uncooked pancakes, eggs stuck to the pan, and spilled coffee, Breakfast was finally finished.

Pietro gave the leftover bacon strips he made for your dog on a plate. Which Thor provided of course.

" It was a handful!" Loki groaned in exhaustion.

" You only just make Coffee." Steve said in confusion.

" Why don't you try working that contraption, Rogers?!" Loki complained. " It is very confusing!"

" I have tried, Loki."

Loki rolled his eyes.

" Can we please continue eating our food instead of complaining?" Bucky mumbled with pancakes stuffed in his mouth.

" I agree." Thor had eggs spewing out of his smile.

" Thor! You were not raised by beast. " Loki exclaimed while passing Thor a napkin. " Then again your eating habits speaks otherwise."

" Thank you, Brotha." Thor smiled as he took the napkin from Loki's hand.

Loki rolled his eyes, but there was a small smile that formed on his lips. Then quickly disappeared before anyone noticed, but you did.

" Finally! some peace in this dang household." Pietro rejoiced.

" You have only been in here for only a few hours, Pietro." You retored.

" Hush now, Princessa." Pietro hissed.

" Hey!" You snarled. " Just because you were here for only for a few hours doesn't mean that you can claim yourself under this household."

" Where are my manners?" Pietro chimed.

" You have none." Loki sneered as he was finishing his breakfast.

Pietro's head shifted to face Loki.

" You know what?"

Within a blink of an eye Pietro quickly grabbed everyone's empty dishes, washed them, and placed them back where they belong, while leaving Loki's dish untouched.

Loki looked in confusion.

" I am terribly sorry, your majesty, but I seemed to forgot your plate." Pietro mocked a british accent, which was very good fake accent.

"Are you mocking me?" Loki hissed.

Boy, don't do it.

"Are you mocking me?" Pietro mocked back.

Great, He did it.

Suddenly a knife appeared in Loki's hand. Steve and Bucky saw him draw the knife. Thor noticed this as well and tried to prevent Loki from throwing it, but it was too late. As Loki threw the knife, you then realized that the kitchen sink was a bit behind you, which is were Pietro was standing. Loki quickly noticed his actions which instantly he regretted, but mistakes were made at this moment.

Oh Shoot.

As you tried ducking or move away, you felt a pair of hands grab your shoulders and quickly pick you up. It was all a blur, but suddenly you were moved to the other side of the room.

It was Pietro.

As Pietro moved you out of the way, he caught the knife that was meant for him in mid air.

Pietro then stopped in front of Loki with the knife in hand. "I think you misplaced something."

He then slammed the knife on the table in front of Loki.

Loki looked at Pietro dumbfounded.

"How did you..." Loki began.

" What... You didn't see that coming? " Pietro smirked.

Thor leaned over towards Loki and slapped him in the back of the head

"Ow." Loki hissed. " What that for?"

"I believe you owe (y/n) an apology." Steve said.

Thor extended his arm with Mjölnir suddenly appearing in his hand.

"Fine!" Loki swallowed. " I apologize, Lady (y/n)."

" For what?" Thor asserted.

Loki signed and turned to you. " I apologize Lady ( y/n) for almost killing you."

" Apology accepted." You said.

Loki then faced Pietro narrowing his eyes on him. " Next time I won't miss."

"Please, If you would be so kind. Don't threaten my future wife's life." Pietro scolded.

Bucky choked on one of the cookie he and Loki made.

Steve did a small spit take while taking a sip of his coffee.

Thor bumped his head on the table as he was petting the dog under the table.

Pietro raised an eyebrow and then looked at you. "So... I am guessing you didn't tell them about it?"

"It never came up." You said in defense.

"I'm sorry what?!" Bucky asked.

Pietro made a exaggerated gasped and looked towards you. "Are you ashamed of me, Princessa?"

"Like I said, the subject was never brought up!"

"I give you my heart on a silver plater.... seasoned, healthy, loving and all, but this is what I get in return?!"

You rolled your eyes.

"Can someone please explain this to me?" Steve interrupted.

" I will, but SOMEONE decided that this subject is irrelevant." Pietro gave you a cold stare.

" What?" You shrugged.

" So here is a quick summary." Pietro began. " So... Me and (y/n) both agreed that If we are both single or not in a serious relationship once we reached our mid thirties, we both agreed to marry each other."

The room went silent with all of faces frozen trying to understand the information being given. Their mouths had no words coming out, but their faces had another story.

Pietro then turned to you. " I think I broke them."

" You think?" You said.

" Why him?" Loki broke the silence.

You looked at Loki. " What?"

" Honesty." Loki took a sip of his coffee. " You could do so much better than this fool."

" Oh....like you are a better candidate." Pietro snarled.

Loki inhaled his coffee causing him to choked.

Pietro chuckled. " That is what I thought."

You rolled your eyes.

Pietro then turned to you giving you a look.

" What?"

" Știi de ce (You know why)!" Pietro sneered.

" Nu sunt sora ta ... nu sunt un cititor de minte (I am not your sister...I am not a mind reader)." You replied.

" știi ce ai făcut (You know what you did)." Pietro said.

" vorbești română (you speak Romanian)?" Bucky pointed towards you.

"si tu vorbesti limba romana (you speak romanian too)?" You asked. " vorbesc multe limbi, tu? ( i speak many languages, you)?"

" Vorbesc fluent engleză, spaniolă, portugheză, germană, rusă, latină și japoneză.( I speak english, spanish, portuguese, German, Russian, Latin and Japanese fluently.)" Bucky answered." Care este una dintre avantajele de a fi un asasin (Which is one of the perks of being an assassin)."

" Ura! Am o persoană cu care să vorbesc cu prostii ( Yay! I have a person to talk crap to)." Pietro exclaimed. "De asemenea, vorbesc în limba rusă și poloneză în afară de limba română sau engleza ( I also speak in Russian and polish besides Romanian or English)."

" Not quite." Thor interrupted.

" You can understand them?" Steve asked.

" One of the benefits of being Asgardian is that we have Allspeak or "All tongue" is another word. It is a type of language which can be understood by every species in their own native language."

" Хорошо, идет этот план (Well there goes that plan)." Bucky said under his breath.

" Heard that." Loki said.

" Him too." Bucky switched back to speaking english.

" Yes I can understand." Loki added.

What about you Captain?" Pietro asked.

" I can speak in German. French, Spanish, Russian Japanese,and Italian." Steve said. " and yes Bucky I know you talk behind my back with Natasha in Russian  when I am in the room and you think I can't understand.

" That's it...I need clint to teach me sign language." Bucky sighed to himself.

You chuckled under you breath.

" So... how is teaching these old relics the Modern world?" Pietro asked you. " I heard about meeting."

" Well... it's harder than I expected, but I am managing. "

Bucky chuckled under his breath, " That's what she said."

You sweared that you heard Pietro necked creak when he turned to faced Bucky after he said that. Then faced you.

" You didn't?" Pietro asked.

" Oh yes I did." You smirked.

" I don't know if it just got better or worse."

" That's what she said." The four of them all said in unison.

Pietro chuckled as he rolled his eyes. 

" But its is not all bad." You smiled. " It been quite entertaining."

" Very entertaining." Loki commented.

" Honestly." Bucky scoffed.

Loki turned towards Bucky.

Bucky sticked out his tongue.

Loki returned the jester.

  " Wow.... They make me look way more mature." Pietro commented.

" And that is saying something." You added.

Pietro chuckled." Got me there."

You smiled.

Thank the lord they changed the subject.

" Hold up... we are not done with this arranged marriage situation?" Steve interrupted.

Too soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 139 61
Your name is Wisty Evergreen. She was always controlled never being able to do what she wanted being well....captured by an organization and expe...
499K 16.4K 31
Both have a past they don't like. She was tortured and he was neglected. But when the God of Mischief has to be held captive in her home she can't he...
10.4K 496 14
I took his hands in mine frantically, causing his eyes to meet mine. "Then hand over the Tesseract and come home, Loki. Please." "I can't." H...
184K 4.2K 33
Bucky Barnes x Y/N You are Thor and Loki's younger sister, Goddess of Fire. Banned form Asgard after you lost control of your powers, you are sent...