Here For You

By slytherindrarrylover

Harry Potter did not live a normal life. He was abused by the relatives and told that his parents, Lily and J... More

Chapter One: The Letter
Chapter Two: Magic?
Chapter Three: Diagon Alley
Chapter Four: Hogwarts
Chapter Five: Classes
Chapter Six: Dueling Part One
Chapter Seven: Dueling Part Two
Chapter Eight: A Pureblood Christmas
Chapter Nine: Hearts Desire
Chapter Ten: Triumphs
Chapter Eleven: A Midnight Summers Dream
Chapter Thirteen: Prospects and Discoveries
Chapter Fourteen: Lessons, the Good and the Bad
Chapter Fifteen: Riveting Bonds
Chapter Sixteen: Holiday Reunions
Chapter Seventeen: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter Eighteen: Expectations
Chapter Nineteen: The Candor of Goblins
Chapter Twenty: Recuperation
Chapter Twenty-One: To Obfuscate
my apologies

Chapter Twelve: Who Him?... Oh God.

18.9K 543 497
By slytherindrarrylover

A/N: Hello again loves! Ok, one, thank you so much for so many reads and votes. You are all amazing and I love you all! and two, *deep sigh*, my dad took my phone again so I'm typing on my computer and I'll most likely have a worse spelling and/or grammar and/or punctuation. I apologize in advance and feel free to give any corrections. That applies to every chapter I have written or will write, so don't be afraid to go and give corrections. They are welcomed. Oh and for those who celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving! I'm not really celebrating this year because I got all for of my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday so, that's great. Enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

Third POV 

Harry and Draco were eating breakfast the morning of August fifteenth with Dracos parents, Severus, Blaise and Cyline. 

"Hey Harry," Harry looked up to see Blaise looking around the room with a wary expression on his face. "What happened to your snakes? I haven't seen them in the manor all the times I've been here this summer." Harry blinked and tilted his head at Blaise with a curious expression on his face.

"I haven't the foggiest idea," Harry sighed and looked out one the giant windows in the dining room. "If you could tell me that would be great. I assume they have been in the forest most of the time, but I don't really know where they are specifically." Blaise sucked in a sharp breath and shifted in his seat while simply giving a terse nod in response. Harry narrowed his eyes and smirked slightly. He looked next to him to see Draco matching his look. Harry smirk widened minutely and he set down his utensils, gathering the adults attention with this motion. "You're not afraid, are you?" Blaise looked up with wide eyes for a split second before slipping on is Slytherin mask. 

"Of course not. I couldn't be afraid of my own house animal, now could I?" Harry smirked a bit more and leaned forward, lacing his fingers and placing his chin on top of them.

"Of course not. I was just saying that it is perfectly normal to be afraid of two large, powerful, poisonous, lethal," Harry paused and looked at Blaise with and innocent tilt of his head. "That are currently roaming around, no one knows of their whereabouts. So of course, Blaise, it is perfectly normal to be scared." Blaise looked at him with wide eyes and opened his mouth to speak a defense but was cut off by Harry. "Oh look, mails here."

Sure enough, four owls swooped in. Three of which were boring brown owls, while the fourth was a regal looking black horned owl. the brown owls dropped in front of Blaise, Harry and Draco while the other landed in front of Luc. 

Harry carefully untied the two letters from his owls legs, and quickly fed it a piece of bacon before sending it off. Harry looked at the letters and sucked in a sharp breath. He looked to the adults, who were looking on with a curios expressions, save Luc who was absorbed with his own letter. 

"Its our Hogwarts letter and grades from the exams." Cissa got up and ran to Draco to watch over his shoulder, while Cyline went to Blaise and Severus to Harry. 

"Well go on, open them." Harry took a deep breath and quickly tore the seal and opened the letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

First Years Exams

Name: Harry James Potter

Grading Scale

O for Outstanding(Pass)

E for Exceeds Expectations(Pass)

A for Acceptable(Pass)

P for Poor(Fail)

D for Dreadful(Fail)

T for Troll(Fail)

Grades

Transfiguration~~O

Potions~~O

Charms~~O

Defense Against the Dark Arts~~O

Herbology~~O

History of Magic~~O

Flying~~O

Astronomy~~O

Academic Placement~~First Place

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry stared at that letter and let out a breathless laugh. He turned to Severus smiling, and smiled even wider when he saw the proud gleam in the mans eyes. Severus smiled and ruffled Harrys hair.

"Well done," Harry smiled and looked at the other two who were conversing with their mothers quietly.

"How did you guys do?" Blaise and Draco looked  up with identical disgruntled looks and replied at the same time.

"All O's but I'm tied in second place." The two looked at each other in shock while Harry laughed. Harry shook his head and moved on to the second letter. He skipped the first page and went to the supply list. Harry blinked and looked at Severus with a bewildered expression. 

"Whats the matter?" He asked. "Too much stuff to buy?" Harry shook his head and read the paper aloud.

"Second year students will require: The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk, Gaddling with Ghouls, Holidays with Hags, Break with a Banshee, Travels with Trolls, Voyages with Vampires, Wanderings with Werewolves and Year with the Yeti all by Gilderoy Lockhart," Harry clenched his hand tightly around the paper and shook it around while crying, "We're going to be taught by this Gilderoy Lockhart, aren't we? By the looks of it he is a conceited bastard! We're going to be taught by a stuck up, blithering idiot, aren't we?" He turned to look Severus dead in the eye. "Aren't we?"

Severus just looked at Harry in horror. What was the old fool thinking? The man had no magical talent and was obviously a fraud. Not to mention that he was being suspected for molesting children. The headmaster was crazy. 

"By the looks of it Harry," Luc spoke from his end of the table. "You will be. This letter is from the board from which I am on, and the headmaster has put his word through for the frauds application. I don't like his reputation at all so when we go to Diagon Alley for those useless books, that we will burn at the end of this year, we will make a stop at the enchanted jewelry shop for some protection for you guys." The other adults nodded in their agreement while Harry, Draco and Blaise looked at them in confusion. 

"What do mean 'his reputation', Father. What has he done?" Cissa sighed and wrapped an arm around Draco.

"The man is rumored to have assaulted young children in his past." The three children's eyes widened significantly as they looked at each other in fear. "Not to worry though, we will buy the charms first and have them enchanted to protect you before we even start to shop." the boys nodded but Harry still looked worried. 

"I'm going to buy something to enchant for the twins, Neville, Theo, Pansy and I'm going to buy extra for anybody." Draco nodded and moved from his mothers grasp to wrap a reassuring arm around Harrys waist.

"Of course, love." The group sat in silence for a while before Blaise blinked an looked up at Harry.

"What did you gets for your grades? You never said," Harry blinked and smirked. he grabed his letters and stood up. 

"All O's," He started to walk backwards. "I'm going to go write to the school saying got the letter, see you guys later, second placers." Harry smirked and turned to walk to Dracos bedroom. Draco and Blaise just looked after him with gob smacked expressions.

"Did he just?"

"I believe he did, Blaise." The blonde shook his head and looked to the Italian. 

"I swear, he's the worst. He's the smartest in our year, the most popular, the most Slytherin of any of us and he just, I cant anymore with him." Blaise dropped his head on the table with a groan. Draco smiled fondly.

"Yeah and not to mention, he has better morals and humility than most of us. He doesn't flaunt or brag." Three of the adults in the room made brief eye contact as they all thought the same thought. He's just like his father.

Meanwhile, Harry did go to Draco's, well more like both of theirs, and he was actually going to write to the school. But as he went to grab the quills and ink Cissa had gifted him for his birthday, he caught sight of one of his other presents. The black book Luc had given him. He had yet to write in it, but his curiosity was peaked and he couldn't resist the temptation. he grabbed the book along with the wispy black quill and the 'Snakes Eyes' inkwell. He sat down on the edge of the bed and set the ink down on the nightstand. He opened the journal and dipped the quill in the green ink.

Hello?

Harry realized that he probably should have asked how this work because now he felt stupid. he was about to leave to get Luc when blood red calligraphy appeared under his mediocre script.

Hello, whom is this?

Harry blinked in shock. He hastily dipped his quill and wrote his next line as the previous lines faded away. 

Harry. My name is Harry Potter. Is this Tom Marvolo Riddle?

This is he. Hello Harry, Lucuis has told me of you. 

Really? What about?

Merely minor facts about you, provided solely to allow me basic information about you.

What kind of information ,Tom?

Please do refrain from calling me that, call me Marvolo or something similar.

Okay, Marvolo it is. 

Lucuis told me basic things. He told me of your  academics, your Hogwarts house, your relationship with his son, Draco, and your life at that disgusting muggle house. 

Harry flinched a little at the mention of the Dursleys but kept  on writing.

So Marvolo, what about you?

What about me?

What was your house? I know that you are a real person that somehow is in this diary, I don't really know how but I'm just going to ignore that.

Ah, I understand now. You want the basics of me. 

Precisely.

Very well, it is only fair. Well my mother died during childbirth, my father abandoned my mother when he found out she was pregnant. She was dosing him with love potion so he never really loved her. She named my after the damned muggle, hence my  preference to my middle name. I grew up in a muggle orphanage, it was rather horrible. Not as bad as your experiences, but I was a rather strange child, apart from my bits of accidental magic. I was invited to Hogwarts when I was eleven, same as any other magical child, and was sorted into the great house of Slytherin. I achieved top grades and soon became the king of Slytherin in my school years. I aced all of my OWLS and NEWTS. All the teachers adored me. I grew from school to lead a rather large and powerful organization of wizards. I was rather popular within the Ministry, I was going to change the wizarding world with my ideas. I fell in love, and had a single child before he was kidnapped and I taken out of power and reduced to a soul shard, I was able to attach myself to this diary and am able to communicate. 

Wow,

Yes, quite the story. 

I have a question.

Ask away child.

How did you connect you soul to this? Isn't that a type of Dark Magic, not that I have anything against Dark Magic. I mean I'm dating the son to a well known Dark family, am in the so-called Dark house and am pretty good at Dark Magic myself.

I must say I am rather astounded with your guess, it is on point. I used rather Dark Magic but I had to make sure my family was safe. Though I am rather shocked with your said affinity with the Dark Arts, have you tested with it?

No, not really, but I like all branches of magic. I found a couple Dark spells that I tried while I was looking for references to mind magic.

Mind magic? Why would you need to learn mind magic at such a young age?

Well, someone attacked my mind with something called Legilmency  and I was looking for a way to block someone out.

Well that is rather unfortunate child, but perhaps I could be of help.

Please? I haven't been able to find anything of use.

You need to learn Occulemency. It is simple to use once you learn but most don't even get to learn it. 

Why not?

It is a rather difficult magic to master.

Oh, probably something I cant learn at this age then.

No, you can. With the proper teacher.

Really? Do you know anyone?

Yes, I can teach you child. I mastered mind magic long ago.

How would you teach me from inside the diary?

I would bring you inside the diary with me.

Harry paused and looked up, blinking a couple times. This was too good to be true.

Is it safe? For me to travel into the diary I mean?

Of course. I wouldn't suggest something that isn't safe for you child. I have done this with multiple individuals, including Lucius. It takes nothing from you. I do all the work. 

How?

You are a rather inquisitive child aren't you?

Yes. And pushy. Tell me how.

Very well child, I shall indulge your inner Ravenclaw. I simply use my magical core to create a room or whatever I desire, and hold it while I bring others here. Otherwise it becomes void of white and I will not materialize. 

So you create an illusion with your magic?

Essentially.

How long can you hold it?

The longest I have ever held it was for twelve hours. It was a rather intense conversation.

Can the visitor cast magic within this illusion?

Yes, unless they have a weak core. 

Why wouldn't they be able to?

Because, little raven, it takes a bit more out of the caster to cast a spell in an illusion of anothers creation.

Oh. 

Eloquent, little raven, very eloquent.

Oh haha, whatever Marvolo. 

Yes, I am told I have a rather wicked sense of humor. 

Harry smiled and went to respond when Draco walked in. 

"Hey, we are going to go to Diagon Alley in a few minutes, so get ready, love." Harry nodded and went back to the diary.

Ok Marvolo, I have to get going. We are leaving to Diagon Alley for school supplies.

Alright, little raven. Have fun and we will start our lessons soon.

Bye Marvolo.

Goodbye little raven.

Harry packed up the diary, quill and ink in his trunk and quickly slipped some shoes on. He grabbed his small clasp that he had received from the goblins last year, slipped on his cloak and rushed downstairs to the parlor where everyone was waiting.

"Sorry, I was talking to Marvolo," He quickly explained. Everyone gave him confused looks so he clarified, "The diary that Luc got me." Understanding dawned on their faces. He saw, but didn't comment on, the looks that passed between Cissa and Luc. 

"Was he nice?" Harry blinked at Draco.

"Yes Draco, he was nice. He has a sad back story though." Draco smiled and shook his head.

"We are using the Floo to get there." Draco grabbed Harrys hand and led him to the fireplace. He reached up to grab some powder from a bucket on the mantle. "This is Floo powder. You grab a handful, step into the fireplace, throw it at feet and yell your destination."

Harry looked at the powder skeptically. Cyline stepped forward and grabbed a handful.

"Here Harry, I'll demonstrate. Come here, Blaise," Blaise walked forward and obediently allowed his mother to lead him into the fireplace. Cyline followed and placed a firm arm around his shoulders. She threw the powder down and Harry gasped as green flames sprung from the hearth. "Diagon Alley!" Harry watched in fascination and fear as the pair disappeared. Harry took a step back from the fireplace.

"I don't know, Dray. I don't think- I cant" Harry stopped as he couldn't describe in words how he felt. Draco bit his lip and looked between the fireplace and Harry. Cissa and Luc watched as they attempted to let their son figure out how to fix the small issue. Draco got a determined look in his eyes and, with a determined nod, he dragged Harry into the fireplace. "Wait, Draco, no. Dray, I cant-" 

"I know, love. We are going to go together. Is that fine?" Harry looked down at the offending powder in Draco's hand. He looked at Draco with pleading eyes. "Love, I'll be right here. I promise. Don't you trust me?" Harry's eyes widened in shock.

"Of course I trust you. Why would you even suggest such a thing." Draco simply smiled lightly and pulled Harry closer, with an arm around his waist. He held out his hand full of powder and raised and pale eyebrow slightly at Harry. Harry took a shaky breath and nodded while burying his face in Draco's neck and arms slipping around the blondes neck. Draco smiled and cleared his throat. He threw down the powder and stiffened slightly as the cool flames flickered around him.

"Diagon Alley!" Harry and Draco disappeared with a small squeal from Harry. Cissa turned to face her husband with a smile on his face.

"I think he handled that pretty well." Luc nodded.

"Always the Slytherin, playing with love and fear in any situation is difficult to mange." Cissa raised an eyebrow as she walked forward to gather some Floo powder.

"Really? Name an example." Luc smirked and took one elegant step closer to his wife. 

"Dracos birth." Cissa looked at him blankly for a moment before the memory came rushing back at her. she blushed darkly and stepped into the fireplace.

"That- that doesn't count." She said sputtering. Luc smiled and shook his head.

"Whatever you say darling." Cissa stuck he head in the air and disappeared in a burst of green flames. Luc chuckled and quickly followed behind her. 

The group bustled through the surprisingly busy alley and made their way into a dark corner. The adults glanced around nervously and pulled the children into a small alcove. 

"We are going to apply a small glamour to all of us before we go into Knockturn. Stick close together and follow us. Don't wander or stare at anyone for too long. Got it?" Cissa watched each give a fierce nod before looking to Severus and Cyline. "You both do better glamour's than us so, please cast some on the children." The two nodded and waved their wands over the three with a few whispered words.

Harry looked in fascination as Dracos blonde hair darkened until it became a dark auburn. His skin became tan and his eyes a dark blue. Harry frowned, he didn't like it. He looked at Blaise and saw the changes made to him. Blaise had become a lot paler and he still had black hair bbut it lengthened until it reached just above his shoulders. His eyes became a hazel color. Harry felt his own changes happen but wasn't able to see it until he looked in dusty window of a nearby store. His hair had shortened on the sides and became a dirty blonde. His skin became even paler and his eyes turned a dark brown. He nodded and followed the adults through a dark shady alley lined with suspicious shops. 

They came to shop with dusty, cracked windows that held a wide display of various pieces of jewelry. Looking up, Harry read the worn down sign that hung out into the street, Cantata Reliquiae. Harry furrowed his brow but quickly followed the others in as Luc held open the door. Inside the store wasn't any better than the outside. It was a bit cluttered and towering shelves of glass held thousands of jewelry items. 

"Pick out what you want to jewelry piece to be," Severus dismissed everyone, but grabbed Harrys wrist when he too tried to leave. "Stay with me, I'll help you if you want to buy extra." Harry nodded and wandered the store with Severus trailing behind. He found a simple silver necklace with a small emerald charm. 

"Can I just order a hundred silver bracelets and have them delivered to me when the charms are put on. I want it to be unnoticeable and gender neutral." Severus nodded and took him to the old man at the register. 

"Excuse me, but we need to purchase this necklace and add a charm to ward of sexual  predators, if that is a proper name for them, as well as we need to purchase a hundred or so silver bracelets with the same charm." The man looked skeptical before he walked through the door behind him. He came back out with a large box. 

"Had a lot of people in here for the same thing since they heard about this Lockhart fellow," The man opened the box the reveal a mess of silver bracelets. " 'Bout a hundred or so in here already charmed. Let me see the necklace so I can charm it." Harry handed over the necklace and watched as the man pulled out his wand and cast a complex looking spell. The man handed it back and Harry quickly slipped it on. 

"Thank you sir. How much do we pay?" 

"Fifty galleons for all of it." Harry nodded and pulled out his green money pouch. He handed the man sixty galleons with a grateful smile. Draco came up soon behind him with a black bracelet. Blaise came with a heavy gold ring. They both had theirs enchanted and paid, before the entire group left the store and started towards Diagon Alley. 

They walked towards Flourish and Blotts and all mentally groaned when they saw the crowds and flashing lights. Harry stopped walking and caused everyone to turn and look at him. 

"Cant one person go in there and buy one set of books then we can just copy them? That way we don't have to waste any money on those books." The rest of the group blinked and nodded.

"Okay but whos going to go in?" Harry shrugged at Draco. 

"I would but I don't think I can handle the crowds and I don't really want to be in the immediate area of that fool." The group nodded and looked at each other. They all stood there a moment before Cyline sighed. 

"I'll go. I'll be quick. They should stay out of my way, otherwise I know a few nasty hexes. Where shall we meet?" The group just shrugged. 

"I want some more ingredients for potions and I need to stop at the pet shop for items for my new owls." Harry looked at Cyline and shrugged. "Meet at the apothecary?" Cyline nodded and quickly took off into the crowds. The group turned in the opposite direction and walked to the edge of the alley at  Magical Menagerie. 

Harry walked in first and briskly made his way to the owl section. He grabbed a variety of owl treats before making his way to the register. He heard someone walk up behind him and smiled when he looked back to see Draco. 

"Hey Dray, give me a hand would you?" Draco nodded and grabbed a couple of the containers out of Harrys grasp.

"You realize you only have two owls, not ten," Harry blushed and looked down while they continued to walk back to the front of the store. "What did you decide to name them? I don't remember." They reached the front and handed the lady the treats so they could pay.

"I named the white one Hedwig and the black one Ibis." Draco raised an eyebrow as they walked out of the store, purchases in hand.

"You have a thing for latin, don't you?" They joined the waiting group and made their way to the apothecary. 

"It is a very important language," Harry and Draco walked side by side in the middle of the group. "By learning it you can figure out what almost any spell means or does. All spells have latin roots in their incantations and they stick pretty close to their translations." Draco got a thoughtful look on his face and glanced at Harry form the corner of his eye.

"Huh. I never thought of it that way. Well I guess you can be pretty smart." Harry scoffed and, while rolling his eyes and smiling fondly, shoved Draco lightly to the side.

"Whatever second place," Draco gasped and narrowed his eyes at Harry before pushing the smaller boy lightly away from him. Harry laughed and grasped Dracos hand to entwine their fingers. Draco smiled at Harry and squeezed his hand while pulling him slightly closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 584 57
I WILL MAYBE EDIT IT WHEN I GOT MY OTHER BOOKS OUT!!! A girl was locked up her whole life. She didn't get to live the live she wanted. She had to go...
3.6M 104K 177
READ DESCRIPTION FIRST TO AVOID CONFUSION. -currently under revision, my grammar sucks- Joy Deveroux, the last descendant of the wealthy, pure-bloode...
28.2K 1.1K 26
"And that night young Harry and (y/n) slept, not knowing they were special, not knowing they were famous, not knowing that at that very moment, peopl...
46.7K 1.5K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...