How To Live With Fate: {Star...

By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

(ONGOING) Niika Takashiro has a complicated life. More complicated than people would ever know. But when fate... More

1 - The Fated Meeting
2 - The Glittering Crux's Challenge
3 - Problematic Adult Bank
4 - Wako's Song (Part 1)
5 - Wako's Song (Part 2)
6 - Mandrake Pheromones
7- Used To Celebrate
8 - Physics Class & The King's Pillar
10 - No Trust Available
11 - Galaxy Star Girl (Part 1)
12 - Galaxy Star Girl (Part 2)
13 - A Girl Named Mizuno

9 - Galaxy Lying Eyes

162 6 5
By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

"Miss Taka...Miss Takashiro!" Niika picks her head up from the desk. She blinks at her physics teacher in confusion, "Since you clearly want to answer, can you please explain to the class what the difference is between Potential and Kinetic energy?"

"One is still...and the other is moving!" Niika answers on impulse. The class snickers.

"That's the main gist of it yes. But the definitions I'm looking for are blah blah blah..." Niika boredly tunes out the answer he gives, "You and the class need to know this for our next exam, which so happens to be tomorrow!" He says this louder so the whole class would pay attention. "Your study guide will be pages 500-515 in the workbook. You should all already know this information, for I have taught it to you in record time, and reviewed it only once. I don't want to see lower than a B on this exam because this is an easy unit. You have the vocabulary, I have given you the materials. Don't let me down. Class dismissed!" The bell rings as soon as he finishes.

"How does he always know when the bell will ring?" Niika mutters. Takuto stands up with his things. With a quick gripped fist, he resolves to go over and talk to Niika.

"Midori no~"

"Niika-chan!" Kazuma gets to her desks first, because he wasn't as far away. Takuto backs up towards his desk to make the notion seem less awkward before anyone noticed. But Mrs. Watanabe still laughed at him, since she sits behind him and was able to see the whole thing. "How are you doing today?"

"Kazu-kun." Niika looks up at him, "I am...okay."

"You seem a little roughed up." Kazuma picks his words, "Did you get home safely last night?" At this, Niika fidgets. "You did go home, didn't you?"

"No...I didn't Kazu-kun." Her replies are short.

"Why not? Didn't your brother tell you too? What happened?" Niika didn't like where this was going. Kazuma makes sure to cast his eyes under his bangs. His tone was blunt and his face showed a lack of emotion. He sounded blatantly irritated. The tension of the conversation seemed to float across the room. Niika just couldn't answer him.

Sensing the tension, Takuto finds himself a new resolve and walked over to Niika's desk. "Midori no me. Is everything alright? You got called out by the teacher. " He entered the conversation. No one spoke. "I'm sorry...did I interrupt something?" Takuto looks up at Kazuma, who was now staring at him in the same way. This changes as a harsh glare protruded onto Kazuma's face.

"You did actually." Kazuma continues to be blunt, "It seems like you always know just when to interfere. DoEsN't iT?" These words are basically spat at Takuto. Kazuma's face softens ever so slightly as he puts his focus back on Niika. "I'll talk to you later. Niika." Then he walks out of the room.

"Geez." Takuto shivers. "You can always tell when he's having a bad day. Can't you?" This is rhetorical.

Niika looks down, "Kazuma is...scary when he gets like that." Is all she can say.

Takuto tries again, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You okay?"

"Morning, Takuto-kun! Niika-chan!" Interrupting, Ruri walks over. "Looks like Wako's staying home today. Sugata's gone too...Did something happen to them?" She asks.

Takuto answers for both of them. "No. Not that we know of."

"Really? It's not like them to suddenly miss class like this." She says then gasps, "You don't think they're getting married finally without telling us do you!? That would be like a shot to the heart!"

Takuto sweatdrops, "Ah...I hope not."

"Anyway, if you hear from Wako, could you tell her to text me? She's not answering my calls. Thanks!" Ruri waves, "I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

"This is...bad." Takuto looks back at Niika, "Arata-kun...also didn't come to class today...I wonder what he's been doing today, since yesterday."

"Big Brother likes to go to the library when he doesn't have a boxing club meeting. Maybe he's been there all day." Niika says packing her school bag.

"Arata boxes!?" Takuto gasps, "You know what, that actually doesn't surprise me." He sighs, "Just another reason to be afraid of him..."

"Oh no, don't be!" Niika immediately tells him, "Arata might be a little overprotective sometimes, but he's not intentionally mean! Honest! He's a really kind person!" Takuto falters at Niika's words.

"Ah, I see." He refuses to argue and dismisses the subject. Takuto grows quiet for a moment and stops Niika before she exits the room. "Hey. You know...we should walk home together..."

"Huh?"

"It's just...we did it yesterday...and we g-go the same w-way..." Takuto starts to stutter. "We should...make this an everyday thing...to hang out more...or something...Please?" Niika blinks, staring at the blushing redhead in the empty classroom.

Finally, she smiles, "Sure." Takuto smiles back in relief as she packs up her bag. "But we're meeting Sarina-senpai for tea today. Remember?" Takuto slaps his forehead.

"Oh yeah! Of course!...Afterward then. Heh heh." He laughs off his nervousness. The two finally head out of the main building toward the lockers to grab their things. Stopping at Niika's first, they move to Takuto's. As Takuto replaces his indoor shoes with his outdoor ones, he continues speaking with Niika. "I wonder if she's finally going to tell us the name of the play we're going to be performing soon. We're still a drama club after all."

"Niika-chan! Takuto-kun!" Sarina runs up on them from behind. She comes to a halt, out of breath. "Something just came up, so I can't go to the cafe today. I'm sorry for having you two wait on me."

"Sarina-senpai, it's alright. Please don't overexert yourself." Niika insists, holding her steady. Sarina manages to pull herself together.

"I promise I'll talk to you all soon about the club activities. I just have to go and sort something out." She says, "But if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to talk to Niika for a moment before I head out."

"Me?" Niika points to herself. "Oh, sure I guess...Um, Takuto..." The two girls pale.

Shivers violently fell down Takuto's spine as he suddenly found his neck in between Arata's right arm. "It's fine. I need a word with him anyway. Right, Tsunashi Takuto?" Shook, he couldn't even swallow.

"Big Brother!" The blue-eyed male lets out a sigh.

"It's okay Niika, run along, the two of us are just going to have a little chat." Arata tells her. His blank expression hides his motives.

"Takashiro-kun!"

"Sarina-san." They stare at each other, the tension making the two in the middle of them uncomfortable.

"I heard from Niika, that you suddenly had some interest in the drama club. Care to explain?"

"Another time, Sarina-san." He bluntly replies, "Another time." Arata then exits the building, taking both Takuto and Takuto's bag with him.

When he's finally let go, Takuto panics. "Where the heck did you come from!? You scare me so much!" He whines.

Arata rolls his eyes, "There are scarier things in life than me, Takuto. Like the Crux."

"The Crux?" Takuto repeats in confusion. "You know about the Crux?" He slaps his forehead. "Oh yeah! Since you got your mark to activate and all."

"The Glittering Crux, the cybodies, Zero Time. I don't get it, how all this works."

"You've been doing the research I see. At least knowing about it all is a good start." Takuto smiled, "Was there something, in particular, that you wanted to ask me, Arata?" Takuto flinched think Arata would scold him from dropping the honorifics.

"How do you do it?" Instead, Arata paid no mind to it and did the same. "When it comes to your cybody, Takuto?"

"How I...do it?" He repeated in confusion.

"You and your cybody...You bond well with him. So well that in Zero Time, you're able to use him to fight. How?" Takuto blinked.

"Actually, now that you mentioned it," Takuto put a finger to his chin in thought, "I don't know. Honestly."

"But you were able to do so. Approvoise, I think its called. So you have to know something." Arata leaned against a tree.

"But I don't. In that regard." Takuto continued, noticing a hint of annoyance in Arata's expression. "What I've been able to accomplish so far, was all mostly instinct. Credit for that goes to my grandfather. He taught me everything that I know. About Zero Time, about cybodies, about star drivers." Takuto looked to the ground with his hands in his pockets. "My grandpa always taught me to fight for the weak. And when I saw Wako in trouble that day, I immediately knew I had to help her. So I did. That's that."

"Takuto-kun!" Niika sauntered over to the boys. "Sorry for making you wait. Are you done talking with my brother?"

"I think so." Takuto says, "I didn't have any special training or anything if that's what you were wondering. I was only given my cybody mark a year ago after all. There's not much else I can say."

"Huh?" The redhead patted the girl on the shoulder.

"So I guess Arata, that there's no special way to apprivoising. I guess it just comes naturally." Takuto says to rap things up. "Maybe it's different for each driver."

"But at least for you, it's about not thinking, but doing."

"Exactly." Takuto lightly smiles.

Arata sighs, "Alright. I guess I'll let you off the hook. For now at least."

"Gee, thanks." Takuto mutters intimidated. "We should get going Midori no me."

"Going? And just where do you think you're taking my sister Tsunashi? Huh?" Arata peered down at Takuto, making him swallow in response.

"W-We're just w-walking home together, A-Arata-kun!"

"Yeah Onii-chan, Takuto's been nice enough to walk me home since it's not too far from the school. It's okay isn't it?" Arata peered down at her too. "Please!?" Niika clapped her hands over her head and begged.

Arata looked back at Takuto, "I suppose. He is Galactic Pretty Boy after all. It's most likely safer for a star driver like him to escort you home instead of you going alone." Takuto exhaled the breath he had been holding in. Niika let out a yay.

Takuto bowed respectfully, "Y-You won't get regret this, Arata! I promise!"

Arata scowled at him, "I damn well better not." Takuto paled as he turned to walk away from them.

"Brother, where are you going to go?" Niika asks.

Arata looks back at them, "To study. Call me when you get home." And then he leaves without another word.

Takuto spots Kazuma walking by in the same direction a little ways away from them. "Oi! Kazuma! Ka-zu-ma!" The white-haired male completely disregards him and continued on his way. "Geez. I know he's angry, but he doesn't have to ignore me like that. Why is he angry anyway?" Niika shrugs in response. Takuto and Niika start on their way home. "You know, if Arata wants to know about Zero Time so much, he'd be better off talking with Sarina. She seems to know the most about this stuff out of everyone."

"Yes. She's been really helpful with understanding all this. Especially with me. She's told me that I'm not alone in all this. That my being here isn't a burden on everyone, and that it doesn't just affect me, but all the other star drivers on the island."

"So that's what you two were talking about just now?"

"Amongst other things..." Niika trailed off saddened. "I hope Wako and Sugata will be okay." She paused her movement. Takuto stopped as well and turned to her.

"They will be. Let's just hope that the Crux doesn't strike while all this is going on. And if they do, it's our job as star drivers to make sure that things don't get out of hand. We'll use our powers to fight them if we have to."

"And protect them. At all costs. We've got to!" Niika spoke with a gripped fist and a look of determination. Takuto smiled.

"Yeah."

__________________

"What are you doing here?"

"Same as you. I've got questions, that need answers."

In the reference section of the Southern Cross Library, Arata's cerulean eyes look up from the textbook he had been scanning through to meet Kazuma's emerald ones. Kazuma scanned the abundance of open books Arata had surrounded himself with. "Is there a problem?"

"Why the floor?" Kazuma asks, referring to the tall brunette's position against the wall.

"I think better on the ground, not that's it's any of your business." This makes Kazuma sigh. He could already tell how this conversation was going to go. Kazuma drops his school bag on the table nearby and pulls up a chair. "Who said you could sit with me?"

"Look. Something tells me, that just like you can help me, I can help you. So I really think you want to hear me out."

"Go away Snow White, I'm busy right now."

"Snow White? I haven't heard that one in a while." Kazuma mutters, "Unfortunately for you, I've already drunk my anti-hater lemonade for today. Your insults can't touch me." Arata rolled his eyes. "I have a proposition for you, Arata. And it wouldn't be wise to ignore me."

"He's clearly up to something. And he's in a bad mood too." Anaki says.

'I can see that.' Arata closes his eyes and sighs, "Fine. Since you clearly aren't going to let me be, speak your peace so I can shoo you away."

"You want to apprivoise in Zero Time." Arata abruptly opened his eyes again.

'Who told him that?' "Believe it or not, everything you hear from Tsunashi Takuto isn't true."

"I didn't have to hear from the red-headed idiot to come to that conclusion. It was obvious from the start. You're a guy with power. Any guy with power wants to know how to use it. And you don't." Kazuma stands up and maneuvers his chair around to sit in it backward. He crosses his arms, "Face it. You are lost amongst the stars in a world of star drivers. I can guide you through it." Arata rolled his eyes again, "You don't trust Sarina. And neither do I really. I believe the two of us are on the same wavelength, and that would be better if the two of us enemies, brought each other closer. I can give you and Niika peace of mind. But we need to work together. Let me help you. I'll tell you all I know, and what I find out."

Arata gives him a stern glare. "And in exchange? What do you want from me in return?"

"Well you see," Kazuma flips his bangs, "I'm an islander born and raised. And us islanders don't take too kindly when it comes to offlanders suddenly appearing on our land. In Niika and Takuto's cases, on our shores." He looked him in the eye, "It takes a while to fully earn our trust. Right now you're in the "barely there acquaintance" stage, and that's not where you want to be. It's only fair that if I'm telling you all this amazing info for free, I at least get to know about you and Niika, just as much as you know about me. Ya dig?"

"So let me get this straight, you're offering me as much information as I want about the star drivers..."

"Uh-huh."

"And all you want, is to get to know Niika and me?"

"That's correct." Arata lets out a harsh laugh, earning scowls from other people sections of the library. "I don't get it, what's the problem now? Is it not an easy deal?"

"Look, I'm not Sugata smart, but I'm not Takuto dumb either, Kazuma. Considering the amount of information, this isn't exactly a fair trade on your end." Arata closes a bunch of textbooks that were at his feet. "Privacy is one of the only things my sister and I have to our names. Why in the world would I give that up to someone I barely know that I can trust?"

"Because we're in the same boat, Arata. We may not have the same goals, but we're working towards the same premise. Taking down the Crux. The more I know about you, the more I can trust you. The more I trust you, the more I feel I can tell you. The more I tell you, the more you know about them, the more you can do to help. Simple as that." Kazuma grabs the last textbook before Arata could get to it. He balances the book in front of him, "None of this is what you're looking for. You need someone like me to tell you that. You can't be this blind in the world you've fallen into." Kazuma finally holds the book properly, holding it out towards Arata. "Bottom line Arata, I don't have many options. And I've chosen to put trust in you, as you should in myself. It'd be easier that way, for both of us."

Arata takes one last look into Kazuma's eyes. "You...You're desperate."

Kazuma stares right back with no hesitation. "Yes. Yes, I am." Arata notices how he pales in color when he admits that.

Finally, Arata takes the book from him, placing it in the pile with the others he'd gathered. "Why in the world are you so interested in the two of us anyway?"

"I'm not gonna lie, Arata. You've looked extremely untrustworthy since you first got here. Your aura screamed secretive."

"Isn't that a stretch? It's not like you've seen me walking off the ferry to get here."

"..."

"Oh my god." Arata snaps his head around to look at him. "You've been watching me?"

"Only as I've had to. I had a duty to this island to protect it from harm. I had to make sure an outsider like you isn't a threat."

Arata leans back rubbing his forehead. "Unbelievable." This conversation had completely drained him. All the vigor and reluctance he had, disappeared from his body. It was Kazuma's win. He sighs, "Fine, I'll accept."

"Heck yeah. Finally, uhhh!" Kazuma lets out a breath as well. "Damn, you lasted a long freakin' while Arata~"

"~ONLY if I am able to answer your first question." Arata starts to pick up the stack of textbooks and stood up.

"Fair." Kazuma picks up the second stacked and followed him to the nearby return cart. "Okay so...I guess...Icebreaker time. What is~"

"If you're about to hit me with that "What's your favorite color?" bullshite, you might as well shut your azz right now, Fujimoto." Arata makes sure not to slam the books on the metal cart out of anger. "Just come out clean with what you've been trying to ask me since you first got here. People who beat around the bush are annoying."

'His patience is completely gone alright. He just basically said that I'm annoying him.' "Fine, I'll just tell you what's on my mind then."

"Thank god."

Kazuma hesitates, "One day, I was in town...with Niika." Arata pauses just before he could take his textbooks from him.

"Ah." He mutters, "So this is really about Niika then."

Kazuma just does it himself, "Yeah. I took her on a little tour, just to show her around. She was feeling really down the other day, so I did it to cheer her up really." Kazuma's expression darkens. He shook his head, "Anyway, when we got to town, she became so...shook up, you know? It was like she hadn't been around a large group of people before." He notices Arata visibly stiffen. "I got her to calm down after talking with her for a bit, and I made sure we were in relatively low populated areas wherever I took her, and she was better. Then, later on that day, when we were walking back to the bus stop, I made this joke about Niika...living in a box."

"Why in the heck would you say something like that?" His voice lowers into a whisper quieter than it once was.

"It was a joke, honestly." Kazuma defended. "I didn't think anything of it. But just for a brief moment, it looked like it really bothered her. I didn't mean to offend her, really. It just...I've never met someone in my life so...ignorant about daily life. Ah! Dense is probably a better word. She's like a real-life anime character."

Arata faces Kazuma with another glare, "What is your question to me, Kazuma?" He asks in a more aggressive whisper than before.

"My question...well..." Kazuma swallows and breaths, "There's clearly something off about her. What...is wrong with her? Why does she claim not to know about simple things in the world?" Arata grew completely silent.

"...The answer to that question..." He spoke, "I don't feel like I should tell you. I can't."

"Is it that bad?"

Arata mentally composed himself. "Look. Here's what I am going to tell you, the short answers. As far as being in public, my sister...has a mild case...of a certain type of anxiety/paranoia disorder, that I don't feel comfortable explaining, to you or to anyone. Ever." Kazuma bit his tongue. "Maybe that'll change someday, maybe she'll even tell you about it first, but until that day, that's all I can tell you. And about the box thing, the short answer is yes."

"Yes?"

"She has been trapped in a box."

Kazuma's eyebrows furrowed, "Okay what? Some kind of childhood trauma? Someone played a prank?"

"Childhood trauma? Yes. A prank? No. It was on purpose. And done multiple times." A shiver goes down Kazuma's spine when he accidentally imagines the scenario. "The point is, never make "a joke" like that again. Or else." Arata growls through gritted teeth. "GOT IT?"

Kazuma shakes his head up and down repeatedly, "Oh yeah! Loud an clear!" He whisper shouts.

"Good."

"Look I get it. Whatever you're hiding, is extremely too deep to get into right now. I guess it'll just have to be found out with time."

"Thank you. For understanding." Realizing they've been occupying the cart for too long, Arata steps back even though no one is around them. "So, what can you tell me?"

"Not here." Kazuma says suddenly becoming conscious of his surroundings. He looks around, "Follow me." The two males start down a long pathway of bookshelves, turning corners until they get back towards the front desk. "This way."

Looking at the stranger door behind the counter of the help desk, Arata grows confused. "We're not...allowed back there?" It came out as a question.

"This is where we need to go first. Trust me on this." He starts to tug on the door.

"Wait! You aren't allowed back there!" An older woman suddenly appears beside them. Arata freezes.

"Uh..uh~"

"Hi, Miss Kisumi."

"Oh Fujimoto-kun, is that you boy?" She asks, "I haven't seen you around here in a while. And I suppose this young man is with you?"

"My friend and I just want to browse around a bit." Arata eyes Kazuma's fake smile. "We'll only be a second."

After looking at them both, Miss Kisumi holds her librarian ID badge to the door. "You may proceed." Arata follows Kazuma once more through the passageway. After a long hallway, they reach a large back room, labeled "Archives". After narrowing down past a specific bookshelf and turn another corner, the two finally reach the spot Kazuma was hoping to find.

"It looks like this place is ID only suddenly. That's a problem. I may have to change that soon." Arata stares at Kazuma's sudden change of tone. "I used to work here, so I own one. I guess I have to bring that if I need to get back here next time."

"What is this place?" Arata cautiously tiptoes around the area. Stacks of books surround the place. There's a nook at one of the windows in its own little crawl space, and even a skylight in the middle of the room. "I'm getting secret hideout vibes. And you called me secretive."

"I used to spend hours of my time here." Kazuma seemed to smile remembering that, but it quickly grows into an expression of contempt. Again, he shook it off. "This is one of the ways I became the knowledgeable specimen that I am today. Anything you want to know about the world of Star Drivers is here. Mostly that is." He seems to slip back into his usual demeanor. "Well, since you were barely able to tell me anything, I'm only choosing to explain, hmm...about one or two things."

"Fair."

"Anything eating at you in particular? On the very tip of your tongue?"

"My cybody mark. Who am I and what does it mean?"

"Alright. Undress."

"Excuse me?"

"In order to explain properly, I have to know what I'm dealing with right? Show me what I have to talk about. Show me your mark." Arata reflexively puts a hand to his collar. "Show me!"

"Fine." Arata slowly slides off his school uniform jacket. He then moves to remove his pink tie and undoes his uniform shirt in the same fashion.

"Oh don't you dare turn this into some yaoi-boys love type shite! Let me see already!" Kazuma shouts.

"Huh? HEY!" Without notice, Kazuma rips open Arata's shirt. His eyes widened.

"My god, you are...a fit-looking male!" A light blush forms across Kazuma's face out of embarrassment, "We're gonna pretend I didn't just make the situation worse okay?" He moves his hand that had rested on Arata's chest to his shoulder instead. His demeanor changed to serious once again. "Yup. That's it alright, I should have known."

"Should have known?"

"You possess the Ana mark." He says letting go, "You're the driver of Anaki, aren't you?"

Arata flinches when he mentions when his cybody by name, "You know his name?"

"Anyone that knows anything about Star Drivers knows the names of the cybodys, their marks, and their abilities. And are able to identify them." Kazuma walks toward a bookshelf not too far from them. "Think fast." Kazuma throws a book in Arata's direction and he's able to catch it with little effort. "Nice reaction time. But you could use a bit more practice before fighting on the battlefield."

"You mean in Zero Time?"

Kazuma ignored his question and picks up another from a taller shelf. "The Ana mark. Ana being short for Anata, the Japanese word for you. Japanese pronouns which are closely associated with one of the great myths of legend, Galaxy warrior cybodies." He turns his head towards Arata, "The driver of Anaki in particular, is known as Galaxy Lying Eyes."

"Galaxy Lying Eyes?" Arata repeated slowly in confusion.

"Lying or Lion. I've heard that it depends on the driver, and only they know the truth. Perhaps Anaki can tell you which. Your first phase allows you to hear him, does it not?"

"Uh...huh..."

"Why are you acting surprised? You've been told this before!"

Arata shook his head, "You're right, Anaki. Sarina gave me this same spiel. You mean she's telling the truth?"

"Has to be. I haven't been dishonest." Kazuma walks back with an open book in his arms. "So you can hear him? Speaking to you?"

"Yes. Can't you hear yours?"

"No. That's only exclusive to your cybody. It's a power only drivers of Anaki possess. You should feel lucky."

"If you knew what it was like having him invade your brain, you wouldn't be bold enough to say something like that."

"What? Is he annoying or something?"

"Annoying isn't descriptive enough."

"HEY!" Arata cringes at the sudden shout of Anaki's voice.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't talk about the guy who holds all the knowledge and secrets you need to know. I imagine it's best to stay on his good side."

"Now THAT is a man of intellect."

"Tch." Arata mutters, "He called you a smart man."

"I'll take the compliment. With a grain of salt that is." Kazuma says and points at the book. "That there should be able to catch you up at least. On the basic principles, who and what you're dealing with. This way you can learn how to contribute to the team at some point. When you're ready."

"So you mean I shouldn't try apprivoising yet?"

"You can. But I wouldn't recommend it. You wouldn't know what to do, or how to control him." Kazuma sighs, "You're still just learning the concepts."

"Anaki refuses to talk to me about anything related to apprivoising. Says it's for my own good."

"ARATA! NOW WHEN HAVE I EVER~" Kazuma notices Arata clutch the side of his head, "ARATA'S A LIAR! A BIG FAT LIAR!"

"He called me a liar. Childish isn't it?" He explained. Kazuma agreed.

"Maybe it's because you never ask me!"

"I'm your driver, isn't it your job to tell me, Anaki?"

"I don't have to do anything I don't wanna! Hmph!" Arata sighs.

"I wonder then when you'll let me apprivoise." He says, "It's kind of a bummer you know, not being able to transform into a cool superhero like you and Takuto have Kazuma." This sentence severs a nerve in Kazuma's body to the point he becomes ticked off.

"WhAt DiD yOu ThInK tHiS iS? A gAme?" Kazuma turns to Arata with the darkest of death stares he'd ever given him. Arata unexpectedly shivers violently. "Fighting the Crux isn't some kind of joke. It's a matter of saving the world from these evil robotic-like entities."

Arata scoffs at his statement, "By fighting with more evil robotic-like entities?"

"Whatever it takes to contribute to the full extermination of their existence." Arata concluded that it was best not to provoke Kazuma further. He turned his attention to the contents of the book that he had been given, and Kazuma had luckily decided to do the same with his own.

__________________

"Purifying?"

"Yeah. That's what she told me."

Niika and Takuto find themselves in front of Wako's home. "Look. I get that you're worried about her. I am too, Midori no me. But if she's actually praying for Sugata to wake up, I don't think it's right to disturb her."

"I need to know that she's not angry with me." Niika says knocking on the front door. "Hello! Is anyone there?!"

Takuto looks up, "Figures she'd live at the Southern Shrine. She is the south maiden after all."

"I could've guessed that one, Takuto." Niika knocks again impatient. "Hel~"

"What do you want?" They both jump when an old lady appears behind them.

"Ah! Are you...Are you Wako's grandma?" Takuto asks the woman. She continues to sweep the doorway with the broom she had been holding.

She ignores his question, "When did you receive the Tau mark?"

"Huh?"

"When was it?" She asks again.

Takuto frowns, "About a year ago."

"I see." The woman turns to Niika, "And you? When did you receive your cybody mark?"

"Uh..." Niika ponders under pressure, "I was told it was...when I was about 3 years old."

"And it took you this long to come to the island?" Niika blinks. Wako's grandmother sighs, "Ah, never mind. Wako's been at the cove since before dawn. She's been purifying."

"May we go see her?"

"I don't care, just be cautious. She may be naked." The two gasped in embarrassment before being pushed towards the shore of the cove. Down the large stone staircase, Wako stood looking out towards the water. She was wearing a white robe thankfully.

When she noticed the two, she froze. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Niika was worried about you." Niika nudged him in the ribs. "Okay! We were worried about you. You aren't still mad at Niika are you? Ouch!" She jabs at him again.

"Wako, I'm sorry about the other day." Niika tells her, "What I said...I was only trying to help..."

Wako stares at her and sighs, "I'm not angry with you Niika-chan. Being upset over Sugata caused me to say something mean. I'm the one that owes you an apology."

__________________

"So this is where you wanted to show me." Arata looks down. "You can see most of the island from here."

"Another sweet spot, that might be useful to you." Kazuma says, "From exactly this point, you can see all for maiden shrines: Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western. It's kind of pretty with the sunset shining down on it."

The last winter breeze blows through their hair. They each instinctively get a chill. Being so high up on a mountain causes them to feel the drop in temperature the most. And the sun leaving the sky didn't help. "And the maidens are the island girls we're supposed to be protecting right?"

"You're catching on." Kazuma put his hand in his jacket pocket to keep it warm. His other held his schoolbag over his shoulder. "We have to make sure they keep their cybodies safe. The northern seal in Zero Time was already broken."

"Is that why the shrine looks so...destroyed compared to the others? Like it's been abandoned?" Kazuma nods. "I see. Are we supposed to know who the other maidens are? Aside from Wako-chan of course..."

"I only know of two of them. I don't know who the North Maiden was, not that it matters now. And I don't know who the West Maiden is." Arata puts his hands in his pockets for warmth.

"Well, then who's the East Maiden?"

Kazuma seems to grimace into the distance, "You'll find out soon enough."

"Hmm, suspicious."

"It's better if you don't know. I'vE NeVer LiKeD hEr AnYwAy."

"Dude. You've gotta stop talking like that. It's creepy."

"Like what?" Kazuma asks innocently. Taken aback by his ignorance, Arata dismisses the issue once again.

"So I guess this means we're friends now." He changes the subject.

"Not really. I'm not as easy as you think I am. For now, I'm cool with the term frenemies." Kazuma tells him.

"Really? After all that heart to heart?" Arata asks, "Whatever. At least we're past acquaintances."

"Of course we are. It's just that there's still a lot of work to be done, in this relationship. Which is strictly platonic just to clarify."

"And why was that needed to be said?"

"It was more professional to say than, "No homo bro."

Arata pinched the bridge of his nose, "You're right. There is a lot of work to be done..."

"What? Didn't like that one?" Arata rolls his eyes. "That's fine. Let's get going. It's getting late." Just before he starts to follow him, a patch in the water catches Arata's eyes.

"Hey, Kazuma." He goes, "What's that section of water in between the 4 shrines called?"

"What do you mean?" Kazuma asks, "There's no special name for it."

"But there's like...a deviation in the water flow at the point where they all meet."

"You know, I've never noticed that." Kazuma kneels as close as he can get to the edge of the cliff. "I'm sure it's nothing though. Just water being water."

"Is there something down there? In that spot, causing it to flow like that?"

"I don't know. No one's ever checked." He says, "There's a myth though here on the Southern Cross Island. That in-between the shrines there use to be a 5th one that connected them all. The Shrine of the Central Maiden."

"The...Central Maiden?"

"Yeah. There hasn't been a person with a mark collating with the title or cybody recorded in recent date, because supposedly it's a myth. But I mean, your cybody, Takuto's, Niika's, and mine were myths too, that turned out to be real. Maybe she is too."

Arata gives him a look, "What would that mean for us?"

"If she were real, the Central Maiden cybody would be practically the Glittering Crux's master key to getting their hands on the other maiden cybodies. Finding out who this is and where that person is hiding would be absolutely non-negotiable for us! We'd have to keep her away from them. At all costs!" Kazuma allowed himself to calm down once again, "Perhaps there are ruins down there. Maybe it would be safe to check it out one day. But not now, it's too dangerous. We don't want to bring up a beaten dead horse if we don't have to, know what I mean?"

"I suppose." He muttered flatly.

Kazuma stands up, "This place is ruining my mood. I'm leaving." He starts down the stone stairwell. Arata looks over that area of the water once more. Taking off his fake glasses, his cerulean eyes darken.

"A Central...Maiden."

__________________

"I spoke to you rudely that day. I let my emotions at that moment cloud my judgment. I apologize. Honestly." Wako bows in front of Niika.

"You don't have to bow!" She waves her off nervously, "I accept your apology."

"See? That wasn't so bad Midori no me." Takuto pats her back. "Wako's not angry, and no fight has broken out~"

__________________

SOMEWHERE IN THE DISTANCE...

"Open the Cybercasket! APPRIVOISE!"

__________________

Mau yuki wa hoshi no kakera tentai ni te wo nobashite
ikikau negai kanjiteiru ne
subete wa ima MONOKUROOMU no naka...

"Oh no...Ergh!" Niika suddenly clutches her chest in pain. "Sa...kana...chan."

"Niika!" Takuto and Wako gasp at the same time. They notice time had stopped moving around them. The two hold Niika stable on both sides. Niika's emerald eyes and cybody mark glow brightly at the same time.

"The door to another dimension has been opened..."

Once again, Zero Time was upon them.

Wako floated above in a bubble just like before. Takuto, Niika, and Kazuma appeared on the ground in front of the large cybody meant to challenge them.

"It's a giant Mermaidoll." Niika spoke weakly, a hand still to her chest. Takuto held her up. Kazuma's eyes narrow.

"It's Kaphrat." He spat, "The 11th cybody. Piloted by Undine~"

"Undine..." A bubble appears beside them. Arata floats down to them from inside. The bubble pops and he drops down gently. The others are more phased by the cybody than Arata's sudden appearance. "Are you sure?"

"Tch. I'm positive. Mermaid attributes and all." He glares at the cybody, "I know what I'm talking about. It's hers."

"But if it's Undine...Then that means inside is...Yano Mami-chan!"

"This is a rematch of last night, Galactic Pretty Boy! Galactic Man of Mystery!" Mami yells from inside. "Remove the bystanders and let's go!"

"Mami!" Arata yells up at her, "You don't have to do this!"

"I don't want to hear anything else from you outsider! Go back and be useless where you came from! My fight is with these boys! What are you even doing here anyway?!"

"Outsider?" Suddenly something Kazuma told him rings through his head.

'I'm an islander born and raised. And us islanders don't take too kindly when it comes to offlanders suddenly appearing on our land...It takes a while to fully earn our trust.'

"So that's how it really is with you guys. You all also find it hard to trust in people who haven't grown up in the same place as you." Arata closes his eyes, "Someone really needs to teach you to stop looking down on us. Just because we aren't from here, doesn't mean we're any different than you!"

"I'll take her on this time." Kazuma mutters in his slightly deeper voice, "I'm willing to get my revenge on Mermaidoll for all that she's done!"

"Actually no. I will." The three look to Arata, "I'm sorry Kazuma-kun. But regardless of what you told me before, I can feel Anaki, almost calling out to me even without him saying anything. He's telling me to fight, and that I should trust him. It's nothing like I've ever felt before..." A golden light lights up Arata's mark, "It's almost like I have no say but, I'm fine with avenging Sugata. I want to teach Mami a lesson anyway." The light emits brighter, "Apprivoise!"

"Matte! Arata!" Arata disappears too quickly.

Takuto sighs, "Come on. Let's get out of the way." They float above to where Wako was.

"Huh? What's happening? What is this!?" Mami yells in confusion.

BOOM!

There was an earthquake in the ground beneath everyone.

BOOM! BOOM!

Seconds later with a sudden jolt, a balled fist emerges from below, followed by an arm and a body. A cybody. The new cybody struggles slightly to push its body up and out of the hole but stands tall after letting the debris settle. With a similar thin frame as the other legendary cybodies, this one is bright gold and shimmers with silver accents. It deconstructs itself in the places it needs to unfold. A long tail unravels from behind. Claws protruded from its hands and feet, preventing the cybody from standing flat on the ground. Silver plates appear on the cybody's shoulders and chest. A red orb appears in the center, revealing Arata as he transforms. "A Roaring Gateway!" Contrasting with his cybody, a white bullfighter-like outfit with silver trim generates onto him. At the flick of his hand, he brushes away a turquoise side cape. "Galaxy Lying Eyes!" A red, silver, and gold masquerade-like mask appears on his face. He combs his hair back in one swift motion, his brunette locks becoming completely golden blonde. Arata lifts his white-gloved fist in the air, and the cybody strikes the same pose. "Join me, ANAKI!" It's red glowing eyes blaze like a fire.

The council of the Glittering Crux was in an uproar. They all in shocked muttered something about Arata's transformation and being able to believe Galaxy Lying Eyes was real. "Amazing. Sexy Blue Eyes summoned another legendary. Way to go~" Crux General, President says.

"All these myths turning out to be real~Tauburn, Alphonse, now Anaki...Who's next?!" Scarlet Kiss mutters.

"Another legendary cybody has appeared...And it's Arata's..." Ivrogne whispers.

"Idiot, I told him apprivoising as he is right now isn't a good idea! He's pulling too big of a risk here!" Kazuma shouts angrily inside of his bubble, "If he screws this up, I'm stepping in!"

"We'll step in. We're all in this together." Takuto tells him. Kazuma rolls his eyes.

Niika nods in agreement, "Yes. You've got to learn to trust us more, Kazu-kun. Me, Takuto, Wako, and..."

"...SUGATA!" A bloodcurdling scream was suddenly heard. Snapping their heads in the direction of Wako's horrified expression, they quickly notice Sugata's lifeless body floating in a bubble yards away above them. They all yell to him, hoping that he'd wake to no avail.

"Impossible! If he's here, that means he's alive even after apprivoising Samekh." Everyone tenses at the realization by President.

"Eliminate all outsiders. This island belongs to us. The island's ruins are all ours!" Mami yells from her cybody. She charges Kaphrat's hand so that light appears inside of it, and shoots at the pair. Anaki dodges these small blasts without effort. A couple of the shots become clones of Mermaidoll just like before. In a brief moment of panic, Arata has Anaki swat them off like fruit flies. It's effective.

"Haha! You're so weak!" Anaki laughs, "Poor Kaphrat! You couldn't even get a decent driver! LOL!"

Kazuma lets out a "Tch!" noise and yells out to Arata, "Arata! We need to beat Mami as quick as possible! If you're going to do something, do it now!"

"Ugh! He's so annoying! Don't rush us, tiny human!"

"Don't yell in my head Anaki! It's not like he can hear you!"

Kazuma looked up at Anaki, "Impossible! It spoke?!"

"Oh my god~He can hear you!?"

"That's right, Phantom-kun~I was expecting more of a welcome instead of yelling at me you know! You've really gotta be more supportive if you're planning to work as a team from now on!" The cybody shouts down to him, "That's right Galaxy Lying Eyes is finally back Baby! With his new driver, Takashiro Arata-kun!" His voice resonates into the voided space as everyone stares.

"So it is Lying Eyes, not Lion eyes." The Crux mutter, "A talking cybody, incredible!"

"I wonder though. Maybe I should have given you a better outfit design Arata! I like the color scheme, but maybe you should have different accents! Ooh! Accessories! Maybe I should make you some headwear! Maybe a cowboy hat and~!"

"A very chatty guy he is. Haha..." Takuto trails off.

"He's the complete opposite of Arata." Niika slowly adds.

"Is this cybody insane?" Kazuma grits his teeth. "HEY CYBODY! FOCUS WILL YOU~!"

"DON'T YELL AT ME PHANTOM, I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!" Anaki immediately shouts back hurting everyone's ears. "Honestly Kazuma just needs to sit down and shut up sometimes!"

"Now while he's not looking! Swim! Swim, Kaphrat!" Mami's cybody jumps into the air and transforms while airborne. It dives down into the ground, encircling Anaki like a shark.

"Uh oh. That's not good."

"It dove?!" Anaki is hit by the shots fired by Kaphrat from underground. "Ahhh!"

"Arata!"

"Be careful!"

"Oww~That hurt!" Anaki whines and mutters, "Okay...maybe she does have some control over her..."

"Ah, Anaki! Quick! What should I do?" Arata waits for a response, "You decide to stop speaking now!?"

"I don't have to tell you! It's just how you said~OW!" Anaki is hit from both sides. "Feel what you have to do! It should be obvious right now!" Kaphrat dives for another attack. "BLOCK DAMMIT!" Arata reflexively blocks the damage by crossing his arms, Anaki doing the same. "Your movements control mine! I do what you do!" They turn and block more incoming attacks. "ERGH!" Anaki lets out just as Arata does.

"I think I understand!" Suddenly one of the blasts singularly ricochets off of the cybody and hits Sugata's bubble accidentally. His floating unconscious body starts to fall at top speed.

"Oh no!"

"Sugata!"

"Arata's reaction time is too slow to catch him!" Kazuma exclaims. Without thinking, Kazuma uses his first phase in Zero Time. Because of the weird dimensional space, it took more effort than usual to keep time still, for real-time was already still. It felt like a heavy weight was being placed onto Kazuma's chest, and he knew he couldn't let that feeling manifest for long. Kazuma uses his waning energy to fly over to Sugata at top speed and catch his body midfall. Time starts again and the two end up falling together. Drained of power, Kazuma knew he couldn't land on his feet in time. "I don't have the strength..." He muttered, "My side will have to do..." With closed eyes, he did his best to shield the unconscious blue-haired male from impact. But the impact was softer than he anticipated. "Huh?"

"What's wrong, Phantom?! You haven't gotten rusty already have you!?"

After hearing Anaki's snarky remark, Kazuma's eyes open out of shock to find Anaki holding the two of them up in a bubble. "No way..." Kazuma looks at Arata, who's eyes are glowing a bright yellow. "How did...when~?"

"I'm Galaxy Lying Eyes, remember? Read between the eyes, Buddy." He told him.

'How could he be at two places at once?!' Kazuma was shook. But then it connected for him. "Of course~" Kazuma mutters, "It's an illusion!"

"Nah, I'm just really fast."

"It is an illusion." Arata corrects, "But it's because we're really fast."

'Damn. His cybody's so fast, it can create illusions just by moving!' Kazuma thought in disbelief. He watches the sudden images of Memaidoll get punched fade away. 'Amazing...'

Anaki set Kazuma and Sugata's bubble down aside their friends, "Take care of him~UGH!" The driver is suddenly pushed away from them when Kaphrat plows directly into Anaki's waist. Once it falls, it dives underground once more.

"Sugata! Are you okay!? Say something!" Wako holds him close in her arms, "Please!"

"Yes. Please be okay! Sugata-san!" Niika lays a hand on his shoulder. Her mark faintly glows without her noticing. Just then, Sugata starts to stir. His eyes slowly open.

"Shite." Kazuma mutters to himself. "Arata's not gonna last out there unless he can pull something else out of his sleeves like before!"

"Are you kidding? He can do it." Takuto comments confidently, "He's made it this far. Not a scratch their~"

"Ah! He's awake!" The boys quickly turn behind them. Sugata vaguely looks around at his surroundings. He doesn't seem to be fully himself yet, but all they cared about at that moment was his consciousness.

"Well, all right! Things are looking up!" Takuto calls out to Arata, "Hey Arata! Sugata's awake!"

Anaki slides back into a cool pose, "Did you hear that?! Your tiny human friend is alive again!"

"Good." Arata breathed, "I think it's time to end this delaying then."

"Huh? Whaddya mean? We were stalling this whole time?"

"I don't know, you tell me. You're the one who knows how to drive this thing."

"This THING you're talking about is ME, Arata-kun! SO WATCH IT!" Arata groans at this, "Neh, Arata. You're a boxer, aren't you?"

"Of course I am." They dodge another powerful blast effortlessly. "You know this."

"I've gotta present for ya!" Anaki's chest orb glows. A small light appears on Arata's chest as well from his mark. "This should make things interesting!"

"Huh?" Arata looks down at his glowing mark. He grins, "Oh it's over now." He throws out his left hand at his side. "Prism Orb, Aka!" Red energy travels in a spiral down his arm and forms a sphere around his left hand. It brightens with a gripped fist. He throws out his right arm on his other side, "Prism Orb, Orenji!" Orange energy travels in a spiral down his arm and forms a sphere around his right hand. It brightens with a gripped fist. Arata bangs his fists together. "Come at me now!"

Not hearing all this, Kaphrat swims underground in Anaki's direction. It flys up ready to pounce on Anaki once more, but is met with Anaki's right fist. Flying backward, Anaki slides over at lightning speed to punch Kaphrat again with his left fist. High in the air, Anaki jumps up to land one more strike into the airborne Kaphrat. Anaki raises his clenched hands above its head and slams them down into the helpless cybody. It crashes to the ground, injured.

"No...I can't lose. Not to...an outsider like you!" Mami struggles to move the injured cybody.

President frowns, "She isn't going to go berserk again, right? She better not."

"Damn, nice combo." Kazuma mutters quietly.

Takuto yells, "Alright Arata! Keep it up!" Before she could say anything, Niika's eyes glow with a vision for her.

"Sorry, it took me so long." Arata turns to tell them. "I'm ending this now. It's over!"

"Now! While he's not looking!" Kaphrat jumps up. With the last of its strength, it reconfigures itself into a boomerang-like dagger. At top speed, it lunges for Anaki's back. Shooting through the cybody, Anaki's body is severed in half. Arata comes flying out of it, hitting the ground hard.

"Oh no!" Niika shakes her head, "BIG BROTHER! L-"

Niika blinks repeatedly in shock. 'I hesitated for too long. I have to warn him now!'

"Sorry to keep you all waiting." Arata turns to tell the group. "This'll be over in a second. Promise~"

"Huh? W-What he said...was different?" Niika shakes her head. "BIG BROTHER! YOU HAVE TO WATCH OUT~!"

"Niika-chan! Didn't you know?" She looks at Anaki, "Arata is protected by the all-knowing Anaki himself! You should be grateful, Dattebayo!"

"Datte...bayo?" A bright yellow light emits from Anaki's center at that moment.

"It's okay, Niika. I know." His eyes glow just as bright.

"Now! While he's not looking!" Kaphrat jumps up. With the last of its strength, it reconfigures itself into a boomerang-like dagger. At top speed, it lunges for Anaki's back.

"Now." Anaki turns towards Kaphrat, "Galactic...Rolling Thunder!" Slamming its hands together, the space in the direction Arata was aiming became a violent wave of vibration that tore Kaphrat apart in pieces. An explosion erupts as he turns away from the mess.

"So strong!" Everyone exclaimed. Anaki looks back at the scene just before Zero Time disappears.

"Anaki...thank you." Kazuma awakens to the sound of Arata's voice. "You didn't have to help me today. But you did. I appreciate you for that." Kazuma blinks repeatedly when hearing Arata talk to himself. "Hey, could you keep your sounds of fake tears to a minimum? You're giving me a headache again." But then he remembers that Arata could hear his cybody only in his head outside of Zero Time. He rustles underneath the cloth that had been placed over him. Looking down, he notices it was Arata's jacket. "Well well. Looks like Sleeping Beauty's finally up and at 'em." Because of the noise, Arata notices him. The brunette stands up from the edge of the cliff where he had been watching the water flow.

"Sleeping Beauty? What happened to Snow White?" Kazuma remarks.

"That works too." He says, "I tried to wake you up but you were in a pretty deep sleep. I thought about carrying you down, but no. You're lucky I didn't leave you up here, alone." Kazuma grimaces. With a satisfied smirk, Arata holds out a hand. "Can you stand, Kazuma?" Kazuma takes it and stands up after a moment of hesitation.

"You...seem different." He points out.

"Different? I guess." Arata turns away as Kazuma dusts himself off. "I don't know why, but I think it's because I apprivoised. I suddenly feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel more, enlightened, in a way as well. I've never felt this feeling before." Kazuma stops moving when Arata releases his ponytail from his hairband. His hair blows in the chill wind.

"Should I be worried?"

"No. Not yet anyway..." There was something cryptic behind Arata's sentence as he trailed off. "...Lying Eyes."

Kazuma blinks, "So it is, Lying Eyes not Lion Eyes." Arata turns back to him with a nod. Suddenly Kazuma's phone chimes in his pocket. It was a text message from Tiger. "Shite! I forgot! Sugata's awake!" He quickly grabs his bag from the ground, "The others are already at his place. He's already gone AWOL." He shoves the cell back in his pants pocket. "We can talk about this later. Come on he couldn't have gone far." Kazuma starts back down the mountain.

Arata's left hand slides out of his pocket holding his dollar store glasses. After a moment of staring at them one more time, in a single motion, he crushes them in his hand and throws its remains into the water below him. A couple blinks later, he runs down the mountain after Kazuma.

"Arata? You know what would be interesting?" Anaki suddenly asks, "If the central maiden was a male."

"..."

"Oh come on! Humor me, please!"

"...Shut up, Anaki."

______________

"Sugata!"

"Sugata!"

"Su-ga-ta!"

"Bocchama!"

"Sugata...did wake up didn't he?" Takuto asked while looking around outside the mansion with everyone else.

"Of course he did!" Wako told him, "Why else would he be gone!?"

"Wait! Look!" Niika exclaimed. Wako, Takuto, Tiger, and Jaguar all turned in time to be blinded by the eruption of an enormous pillar of blue light. "...The King's Pillar."

"We've gotta find him fast!"

"Hey, is that the Crux? And Sugata-kun?" When the light dies down, Takuto immediately runs along the path down the hill. "Huh? Wait~"

The others follow him, "I see him! Come on Midori no me!"

"Esteemed Sugata Shindo, we have come to invite you to join us, the Glittering Crux." A little ways away, a lifeless Sugata is being confronted by the leader of the Filament sector of the Crux, Scarlet Kiss, as well as her two lackeys. "Sugata? Are you hearing me?" Sugata doesn't say a word but only gives off a blank stare. "The position of representative of the first section, Emperor, has been kept open in anticipation of your arrival."

"Not on our watch!" Jumping down from on high, Takuto lands with a mild bang in front of the three Crux members. Wako, Tiger, Jaguar, and Niika appear right after him. "Sugata! Sugata!?" The bluenette doesn't respond to the redhead either. Takuto groans, "Just stay away from him! Glittering Crux!"

"Stand back Galactic Pretty Boy and party! As you can see Sugata-sama has lost his will, which makes my job easier!" Scarlet Kiss yelled at the group, "I must complete my mission. If you interfere, we'll have no choice but to take you down!"

"You're not touching Sugata!" Takuto ran towards him.

"They're in my way. Keep the annoyances away." She commanded. Her two lackeys rushed to attack Takuto.

"Bochama!" The two maids pull out there katanas.

"Wait stand back!" Niika yells and slides in front of them. "Err-ahh!" Somehow she was able to use an energy shield to push back the enemy males. However, Takuto was knocked back just as hard. "Sorry, Takuto."

"No no, I'm alright Midori no me." He shook away the swirls in his eyes. He jumped back on his feet. "This is our chance!"

"Sugata!" Before Wako can rush to his side, Niika grabs her arm.

"No. Stay with them. It's not safe!" Niika tells her. "Tiger, Jaguar! You have to protect the South Maiden!"

"Now wait a minute! Our duty is to our master!" Jaguar shouts at her.

"And to his fiancee too right!?" Tiger and Jaguar growl, "Protect Wako-chan!" Niika tells them, "Takuto and I will handle this!"

"But Niika!"

"Your power hasn't fully manifested yet!"

"I'm tired of being the helpless one. I will help my friends!" Ignoring them Niika lunges for Scarlet Kiss, who had been advancing toward the lifeless Sugata. "Get away from him!"

Before she can lay a hand on her, the green-haired lackey grabbed her. "Hey? Aren't you that girl from before? From the mine?" She swung at him, but his narrow dodge is all it took.

"Oh yeah, it is. You and the redhead tried to break in!" The dark bluenette lackey commented holding her back, "You really should pick another hobby, sweetheart. You're really not good at this."

Feeling an intense anger stir within her, Niika shoved one of them away and slapped the other in the face. The dark bluenette rubbed his face while maintaining his grip, "Ah, I'll give you points for bite, girlie."

"Get your hands off her!" Running from where he tackled Scarlet Kiss, Takuto rushes to Niika's aid. He lands a punch on the dark bluenette, making him release his hold on her. "Take that!"

"And this!" Niika follows up with a strong kick. Then together they punch both the green-haired and dark bluenette lackeys respectively, knocking them backward.

They still managed to stay standing. However, they both kneeled in pain afterward. "Ouch, a double attack~"

"HOW ABOUT A TRIPLE!?" Arata shouts jumping down and punching the lackeys into the sky.

"MAKE IT QUADRUPLE!" Kazuma shouts airborne. With a powerful kick, he sends them straight into the ground.

"AND QUINTUPLE FOR THE ONE TIME!" They yell in unison jumping on to their bodies and practically burying them in the dirt.

Arata squats down to them, "Don't touch my sister."

"Nii-sama!"

"Kazuma-kun!"

"Late are we?"

"Nah, I don't think so." At that moment, Kazuma notices Scarlet Kiss kissing Sugata. "What the hell?! Back off you witch!" Kazuma uses his first phase to make it seem like he shot over to her at lightning speed. A powerful punch to the stomach sends the Filament leader flying. The two look at Sugata's lipstick-stained mouth, "Sugata what are you doing!? Snap out of it!" Finally, the maids grab Sugata and pull him back to them.

"Hey, Scarlet Kiss was it? I know who you are now." Arata steps forward, "Normally, my policy isn't to hit a girl. But if you advance any further, I'll definitely make an exception for you, with no hesitation."

"I agree." Takuto stands on his left. "You being a Crux member has to be an exception. And a leader at that!" Scarlet Kiss snarls.

"I don't know what that kiss did, but if this becomes a problem, I'll make sure to crush you! Just like old times!" Kazuma mutters harshly through gritted teeth, standing on Arata's right.

Niika stands on his right, "If you want to take Sugata-kun, you have to get through us first! All of us!"

"...Oh, I see how it is now." Scarlet Kiss takes a good look at the scene in front of her. Niika, Kazuma, Arata, and Takuto respectively stood ready to battle, hoping to guard Tiger, Jaguar, Wako, and Sugata. Upon seeing this, she falters, holding her stomach in pain.

"Leave now." Sugata suddenly spoke, a red handprint on his left cheek. "Or I'll use it." He reaches a hand to the sky.

"Not good!"

"He's going to use the King's Pillar!" Scarlet Kiss's lackeys, who have regained consciousness struggle to reach their leadership and support her on both sides. "We must retreat!"

"This isn't over! In fact, whatever this is, has only begun!" Scarlet Kiss growls, "Just you wait! Galactic Pretty Boy, Galactic Man of Mystery, Galaxy Lying Eyes..." She glared at Niika the hardest, "...And Galaxy Star Girl!"

"How did she~?"

"I think it's obvious at this point."

"Til next time, Sugata-kun." Scarlet Kiss blew a kiss. And Filament disappeared into the darkness.

And so the adventure of life goes on.

_____________

MPK: Read & Review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 38.4K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
121K 5.5K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
429K 17.5K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...