His Rejected [DISCONTINUED]

By Apollona1878

He was so stubborn, adamant not to marry the girl he never had encountered with. She was left alone standing... More

Description
1. Her Life
2. Rashford
3. The Day
Chapter 1: How It Begins
Chapter 2: His Return
Chapter 3: The Shitface
Chapter 5: The Hobo
Chapter 6: Him Again?
Chapter 7: The Confession
Chapter 8: The Idiot One
Chapter 9: The Smart One
Chapter 10: Him
Chapter 11: Kidnapped
Rewrite
Published New Book

Chapter 4: Another Jerk

13.4K 311 32
By Apollona1878

When Brandon came to pick her up, he discovered Savannah was laying on the floor looking like she was in a kind of daze.

Tip toeing carefully he approached her, studying her emotionless expression and the slumped shoulder. He almost jumped when the woman suddenly turned her head toward him. He could swear her cold expression almost match some kind af ghost in horror movie.

Well, she looked like a kuntilanak. The Indonesian ghost which often scare him that he couldn't sleep at night. Yeah, blame Janet's prank for that.

Plus, Savannah was glaring at him. Uh, oh. Brandon scratched the back of his head nervously. Then, he sighed.

"I am sorry, Sav. I am an idiot. I shouldn't leave my phone recklessly like that. God knows how an asshole Jason can be." Brandon took a deep breath intending to continue his speech. "His name is Jason Holt. You may never meet with Jason, but I know he would never do something--"

His speech was cut off as Savannah put her hand around his mouth rather roughly, immediately shutting him up. Savannah knew this going to be a long speech if she wasn't going to take an action to stop him. Hell, he may started going to tell her about Jason's whole life story. Even though Savannah also didn't know whoever the hell Jason is.

Brandon still looked guilty. He made no move to pry his mouth off Savannah's hand. That scene looked rather funny though. Brandon looked like a kid being punished after caught stealing cookies.

Savannah's expression soften a bit when he gave her a puppy eyes. In Savannah's mind, he looked like a constipated gorilla though, but she appreciated the effort.

"Brandon... "

Brandon was pretty concerned with her. Her desperate expression, hell, he didn't like seeing her like this.

Savannah slowly let go of Brandon's mouth, who immediately wiped the saliva escaping from his mouth with his sleeve.

He grinned sheepishly as Savannah's face turned into the look of horror. She looked at her hand. Then, looked at the grinning Brandon again. Lastly, she looked at her hand again in disbelief.

Pulling Brandon toward her, Savannah wiped the saliva from her hand to Brandon's other sleeve, making him protest as he tried to get away from her hold.

Well, he failed.

Savannah made sure to wipe her hand till it turned a bit red. Brandon just sat there and scowled as he wasn't able to get away from her.

Savannah finally released Brandon from her hold and sighed, her expression turned into a desperate one.

"I feel so freaking upset and sad." She told him in exasperate tone.

Brandon honestly didn't know what to do. He just sat there contemplating what to say.

"I could tell... " Brandon struggled to find the right words, "boss that if you really sick..." he trailed off, knowing that was no use since the man had already know that was just a lie.

"Or you could resign," Brandon suggested that made Savannah glare toward him.

"I wasn't talking about the work." She said. "And I wouldn't resign."

Brandon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at this. He knew she didn't want to meet Ashton Rashford in near time, but what was she talking about then?

"What are you talking about then?"

Savannah put her hands covering her face. In dramatic way as if she had just lost her entire world, she said,"My phone broke."

Brandon rolled his eyes. Sure, she was dramatic as hell.

"You could buy a new one." He told her. "I could help you with that. Or we could buy it on our way to the company."

Savannah mouth pursed a bit into displeasure, she almost yelled, "That's not the problem."

"So, what's the problem?"

"The problem is --" Savannah pointed toward Brandon's feet. "You stepped into it."

Brandon's eyes widened at that. He immediately stepped away from where she pointed her hand at. There the phone was, looked completely broken as it teared into two. The glasses scattered everyhere.

"Oh my god." Brandon exclaimed. "I am sorry, Sav. I would buy you a new one." He promised her.

But Savannah shook her head. "It's already broken before your giant feet decided to step on it." She said in exasperation.

"But, my games. I had collected a lot of games there." Savannah whined, being dramatic again, gazing at the phone in longing way as if it was going to back into one again.

"Oh, I forget you are a game addict." Brandon chuckled, but immediately shut his mouth as Savannah gave him deadly glare.

"You know the reason, Brand." Savannah told him.

Yeah, Brandon knew that Savannah loved to distract herself from the problem she was facing because of certain someone she would rather not talking about.

"Yeah..." Brandon scratched the back of his head rather nervously. He didn't mean to bring up the subject as to why she leaved Manchester to look for a fresh scenery here.

"I would buy you a new one." He told  her. Giving her a look when she was about to refuse.

"Okay then." She sighed, completely taking Brandon off guard when she without any notice came to hug him. "Thank you, Brand. You are absolutely the best brother in the world."

Brandon smiled at her, ruffling her hair. Savanah rolled her eyes and swatted his hand away, only making his smile grew wider.

"By the way. I need to wash my hand." She scrunched her face. Savannah get up from her sitting position and disappeared in the kitchen. Brandon just sighed.

After Savannah finished preparing things, they were heading toward the company. Savannah was wearing a nervous look which was no different from Brandon expression.

Both of them dreading for the worst if Ashton Rashford ever recognized Savannah. Even though she doubt the man cared enough that he remembered her.

Getting out of the car, Savannah and Brandon slowly entering the office. They were instanly greeted by an annoyed looking man.

"Jason." Brandon scowled. Savannah studied him from head to toe, then she also scowled. The man was attractive though. He had quite tan skin that suit his brown eyes and black hair. A bit of stubble on his jaw made him look more manly. He was also tall, taller by an inch from Brandon.

Jason's annoyed expression turned flirty once his gaze landed on Savannah. Like he had just found his new prey. Savannah glared at him as she noticed him checking her out so openly.

"Stop staring at me or I'll poke your eyeballs out!" She snapped.

Jason just raised one of his eyebrow. "Quite grumpy today, huh?"

"Dude, just shut up." Brandon told Jason as he dragged Savannah inside the building. Jason frowned at that. He called out, "You are the receptionist, right? Mr. Rashford's asking for a coffe and I think you should be the one either buying or making it for him."

"I think it's his assistent's job?" Savannah asked him.

"Nuh, uh. In this company, it's the receptionist's job." He told her with a smile.

"And how about those guests?" Savannah raised her eyebrow.

Jason snorted. "It's still to early for guests to come at this time. Just go and get the coffe."

With that, Jason walked back in and disappearing toward one of the door. Not before sending her a small wink which she found disgusting.

Savannah just sighed as she looked at Brandon for confirmation. Brandon took a deep breath and nodded. "There is a cafe near here. Want me to drive you there?"

Savannah just shook her head. "I know you have a lot of work to do. Just give me the direction on which way I should go."

After Brandon told her about the direction, Savannah went straight to the cafe. She immediately ordered a glass of cappucino. She waited for her order, then exited the cafe as soon as the waitress gave it to her.

Savannah scanned her surrounding for any sign of public transportation. She was very tired of walking. Well, she found none and she knew it would take a lot of time if she waited for one. So, she decided to walk again.

Suddenly, something hard was slammed into her shoulder. She jumped in surprise, almost dropping the coffe. Honesty, she didn't dare to check what it was, or rather who it was as she felt that it was a hand. She didn't need to though. The person suddenly jumped in front of her, blocking her way.

She gasped when she saw the person's face. It was...

You know that Indonesian ghost called kuntilanak? Just go search on your google though. I swear, that kind of ghost scared the hell out of me. Much less when I am alone and suddenly the image of long hair and white long dress appeared in my mind. Yeah, I am paranoid like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 63.3K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
365K 19.1K 81
#65 in onesidedd - 9/9/2018 #637 in chicklit - 30/5/2018 #595 in chicklit - 4/6/2018 #24 in onesidedlove - 17/6/2018 #448 in chicklit - 17/6/2018 ...
197K 5K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
2.8M 133K 67
Book 1.5 in the "Life in-" series Ashton McClain is lost. After two years of spiraling out of control he has nowhere left to go. Trying to find somet...