Valhalla gets a new resident

Por bellaboo4212

Hey my name is Taylor, and this is the story of how I died... Actually, it's more about what happened after t... Más

The few hours before my untimely demise
Weird dreams kind of suck
Congrats! You're dead. Want the minibar key?
I swear the ravens are spying on me
My hallmates are nosy, also, meet Magnus Chase
Jack gives me a new nickname, fantastic.
We all agree that I'm screwed
Is this the hunger gamers or what?
I pissed off Tiny, oops.
What could go wrong?
Magical mead goat juice stuff isnt that bad
I get a standing ovation. Take that Alex!
Recyling dumps us at Fenway

The All father actually internviened (much to literally everyone's suprise)

89 1 0
Por bellaboo4212

The cries of anger alone made me jump... I take it back.

Not jump.

Scramble.

I scrambled like an egg on top of Halfborn's shoulders Okay! Alex told me I looked like a cat clawing up a tree. But who could blame me?

That's what I thought.

Everyone around us stood and turned toward us, weapons drawn, while the rest that were farther away grumbled and yelled every variation of "kill the Greek intruder!!" From my high vantage point on Halfborn's shoulders (Halfborn... I need to think of a nickname for him.) I was paralyzed in fear at the sheer number of weapons being drawn. All pointed at me. This dining hall was huge, the size of a Concert hall at least. And every single seat was filled with someone who wanted to kill me. Even the branches of the tree who's name I can't pronounce quivered as animals wisely decided to climb away from the madness, the giant goat running frantically around, the mead collectors desperately trying to hold up the basin and catch the milk that sprayed about as she ran.

I tore my attention away from the hectic goat and the guys with easily the worst job in Valhalla and back to the current situation. I was on top of Halfborn's shoulders for all the world to see, a hidden camera had me projected on the 360 big screen, my face shining with fear. And a healthy coat of sweat too.

"Why aren't they listening to the future telling people??" I yelled, deflecting a slash with the knife Alex had thrown me.

"We told you! Vikings don't like intruders, and it's not like they can kill you for good."

"Trash shoot??!!" Magnus asked over the yelling, Jack making anyone who came near us back up or be stabbed. I ducked as an axe sailed over my head.

"Trash shoot!" They all echoed in agreement. Sam had just started to grab me to fly away, the others hot on our tails, when a ray of hot white light flashed on Odin's throne.

I closed my eyes shut and used my hand to cover my face. My French braided hair whipped around my head.

Once the light faded the chaos instantly seized. Voices quieted, and the mass movement of all the bodies in the room stood still. Sam nearly dropped me in surprise. She slowly lowered us to the ground, my knees felt like jelly.

"Odin?" She called out nervously. We had been the closest the the throne.

"The all father." I heard multiple thanes say at once around me. I instantly wrenched my arm from her grip and started backing up, people let me pass through the crowds.

All I heard was my own heart pounding in my ears. I felt my finger tips get hot and my throat dry up. I swallowed anxiously. I didn't help.

Odin emerged from the light and grinned, his legs crossed casually as he lounged in his throne, ravens fluttering around him. His large sword propped up against the wood.

He had a barrel chest and HUGE arms that poked out through a red polo Valhalla shirt. He had close cropped gray hair and an oddly square beard that accentuated his hard and weathered face. He had a black eyepatch, while his other eye, dark blue, looked directly at me.

"Where do you think you are going daughter of Hermès?"

I froze, he knew who I was. I frantically glanced  around in search of my hall mates. I saw Magnus and Alex standing just a little too far away. I looked forward and saw the very pale and lean man now standing next to my Valkyrie.

"The all father wishes to intervene!" odin boomed, arms open as he stood. "Sorry I'm a little late, I was engulfed in a new literary masterpiece, if I do say so myself, a "how to" guide I've been writing."

If it was a how to guide on the best ways to escape Valhalla with your head still on your shoulders, I wanted the premium addition ASAP.

"Everyone please remain calm, take your seats, and try to keep in mind all the heroic acts Ms.Johnson has shown. It's time for a private chat. Answers will come soon."

I gulped as he turned away, grateful that his penetrating eye wasn't on me anymore. "Magnus? Where are you my boy? Ah I see you. Bring your friends as well." He began walking toward an exit, motioning Sam to follow as well. He glanced back at the pale man, nudging his shoulder and making light conversation, "very good to see you visit Hearthstone. It seems the worlds are in danger once again."

My heart plummeted to the soles of my feet, my face drained from any blood as I stood rigid at what Odin had just said.

Mallory, TJ and gunderson came up behind me, dragging me along. "I think not having any sort of plan was the worst idea ever." I grumbled, still looking around for a chance to escape. But as I stumbled by I saw each of Valhalla's residents, I knew that if it wasn't for Odin, I would've been torn apart limb by limb by now. Vikings are ruthless. If I disobeyed his orders there would be no way for me to get out of here.

"You don't belong here Taylor." Mallory hissed, "What did you expect?"

"Actually, I was hoping for a fancy and friendly Greek welcoming committee with traditional baklava and a side bowl of olives. Thanks for asking Mallory." I snapped right back, wrenching my wrist free from her grasp.

"Let's just get out of here before that guy gouges your eyes with his thumbs." TJ whispered, shooing me out the door. I glanced over my shoulder, bloodthirsty stares and bared teeth met my eyesight, so I did the only probable thing for a child of Hermes to do: I grinned cheekily at the vikings full of hatred and added a salute with two fingers, slipping out the door, snarls of frustration now on the other side of it.

Gunderson slammed the door shut and exhaled, shutting them up. He had a gash across his cheek and calf muscle. The others didn't look in much better shape.

I slowly turned around to face Odin. His smile instantly vanished. " The Olympians got some nerve sending you in here, you've got about 60 seconds to explain everything Taylor."

I looked at my friends wondering if I should take the easy option, and just lie. All I could see in their eyes was uneasiness. Even Alex, who I figured was going to always be on board with all my many different tactics of slipping out of unwanted situations. But when I looked back at Odin, I could tell he would know if I played dumb.

So I talked, explaining everything really, really, fast.

That was when my other nickname officially stuck. Call me Speedy folks. My mouth can move just as fast as my legs apperently.

Unfortunately, Odin was not amused, but he didn't stop me till I was heaving for breath after spilling all my secrets. He rubbed his temples aggressively, head down and pointed randomly to.... Hearthstone was it? "You! tell me what the Thanes said."

We were surrounded quickly by awkward silence as the deaf man stood stiff backed and uncomfortable. He signed something to Magnus, and the blonde nodded. He coughed and cleared his throat, " You pointed to Hearthstone dude, u-hm I mean SIR."

"Oh right, I nearly forgot he was deaf." The all knowing, all powerful, all father said, snapping his head up. Before he could ask again Sam stuttered out the warning the thanes had delivered.

"The mark of Hermes, she has been claimed

But An einherjar of Valhalla she must remain.

Two worlds are destined to collide,
Only she can calm the tides

Seek out the camp for heroes like you
Amongst the living it is time to rise anew

Be prepared one and all
This was no mistake, if  ignored the worlds will fall"

"Damn." Odin cursed under his breath, his one good eye's full attention now on me again.

Magnus shifted uncomfortably again, "That sounded like a prophecy, the kind my cousin Annabeth gets from their oracle."

"That's because it was. The two pantheons have officially merged, thanks to Ms. Johnson over here. Two worlds that have managed to stay out of each other for so long, two worlds about to abrupt into complete chaos, two cultures, two religions. They said bringing Taylor wasn't a mistake, but destiny, Valhalla, the worlds, they need her. " Sam spoke sagely, stepping foward while I shrinked further and further back.

"Guess you didn't screw up after all sis." Alex smiled, an obviously forced laugh rising in his throat.

"What camp are they talking about?" Mallory asked, folding her arms.

TJ shouldered his rifle strap, "Yeah and it didn't even say anything about the enemy that's going to cause the destruction of the worlds." He paused for a second and looked at Alex, " I mean, we can't rule out Loki, but I thought he would stay down and out of trouble for at least a few hundred more years or so."

Alex shook his head, "Loki isn't powerful enough to try and start Ragnorok again, I would be able to sense it, have dreams, feel him trying to pull me and Sam away again like last time. It isn't him."

"Then who's the enemy?" Magnus asked, our eyes turning toward the All father. My blonde friend continued slowly, "you know, don't you?"

Odin made no eye contact with any of us, he motioned for a raven and pulled out a sticky note from his pocket. Without warning he turned the person standing closest to him, the pale elf guy, and used his back to write a quick message with a Valhalla hotel pen, provided in every suite.

Odin rolled it up and gave it to the raven, "GIve this to Heimdall Flawrence." he turned back to us and shrugged. "I don't trust this new techno gadgety stuff, messenger bird has always worked."

The raven flapped away, Odin twitched his good eye and at the last second right before the Raven was about to his the wall, a swirling rainbow portal sucked it in and away, the portal disappearing just as quickly as it came. 

Odin brought his full attention back to the ring of the most recent saviors of the world, renowned and respected... and me. It took all my courage to look at Odin instead of my shoes. Even more courage to say, "it has to do with the guy that killed me, that's who the enemy is, isn't it?"

Odin's mouth twitched and he nodded, I kept talking, "I didn't remember much from that night, but seeing it all replayed again brought it all back." I shivered at the memory of being held up by my throat, the air in my lungs being squeezed out of me like a balloon, then the wave of terror that came after seeing my brother peaking through the window, now that I'm thinking about it, he probably saw me die.... THEN DON'T THINK ABOUT IT my inner voice practically screaming at me, which I was greatful for, because if I had, I wouldv'e definetly ended up a weeping mess curled up on the floor. No one ever said being dead was going to be easy, but I wasn't expecting it to be this hard.

I dug my nails into my palm. "He sounded almost like a demigod hunter. I had never seen him before in my life, but he knew that I was half god even before I did. Is that even possible?"

Magnus answered me, "Greek monsters can sniff out the demigod scent, the man who killed you, it must have been a monster in disguise, that or a cold blooded murder in league with a monster." Magnus paused to think and we let him, waiting for him to continue, because if anyone was going to have the most information, it was him. "He said he wanted to see the gods fall, that's been the cause of every war so far in both the Norse and Greek sides, so nothing new, he used a mortal weapon, but had inhumane strength, but really, that doesn't matter."

"You're right Magnus." Alex agreed, throwing an arm around his shorter, blonde boyfriend, squeezing Magnus's shoulders. "The real question is though, what did he have to gain by killing Taylor, and her coming to Valhalla?"

Sam nodded and looked at Odin expectantly, "We've got to make sure we don't play right into the enemy's hands, so what's our next move?"

Odin's face managed to look even grimmer. "It's time floor 19 goes on a quest to the camp spoken in the prophecy. Norse has become Greek and Greek has become Norse. I have no doubt our Greek equivilants are dealing with the same chaos in New York." Odin started to dissapate into thin air, "Be careful warriors, you leave at dawn, luckily, it's only a few hour car drive to the big apple from Boston. Take the trash shoot out, we don't need to cause an even bigger panic. If you fail us we all will probably end up dead in the near future."

"Wait!" I cried in frustation, fear lining my voice, "If the threat's this bad, why aren't you helping us?!" but by the time I finished my outburst, the All father was gone. My chest felt tight as I whipped back around to face the group standing before me. The group that literally just saved the worlds this past summer. They had already been through so much, yet here I was, about to drag them on a quest that would probably get them killed.

Alex's downcast face hardened into a determined, yet slightly pissed off, expression. An iconic resting bitch face if I do say so myself. "One thing you've got to learn about being a demigod Speedy, is that the gods never help, they delegate all their problems onto us, expecting us to save them, because they rely on us just as much as we rely on them."

"That's why we get quests and all the life threatening risks." TJ explained, Mallory nodding along and saying, "that's what an Einjhar is expected to do, we are here as warriors, destined to die anyways."

Gunderson snorted, "and you're an einjhar too weither you like it or not."

Sam walked up to me and put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "but more importantly, you're the only one who can lead this quest, you've got Greek and now Norse tattooed on your bones."

Magnus cracked his first smile, " just be grateful you've got some seasoned veterans here. You won't do it alone Taylor."

The fear rising in my chest stopped suffocating, and as I cast my eyes around, looking at my new friends' faces, I tried to act strong, ready to save the world or die trying.

Really all I was thinking about my killer's voice, echoing in my head and slowly filling me with dread, Death to all the gods.

Guys guess what???!!!

This story miraculously manged to hit number one in the #hotelvalhalla

YAYYY thank you guys so so so much! Hope you are enjoying the book so far, please comment and vote if you want!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

713 13 6
Oops. I died. Thank the Norse for having Valhalla. Well, guess I'll help them with Ragnarok as a thanks. Wondering who I am? You might've heard of me...
63.5K 1.9K 24
After fighting 2 wars, defeating multiple monsters and going blind in Tartarus, Percy Jackson just wants to live a normal life with his mortal family...
895 51 19
A Half-Blood of the eldest gods Shall reach sixteen against all odds And see the world in endless sleep Hero's soul cursed blade shall reap Child of...
1.4K 44 11
I really don't know what I'm doing for where this is going to go I just wanted to write something and it was this :) Also I don't own any of Rick Rio...