Hero Academy: Ticking Time

By Queen_Rainheart

Crossover Fanfiction After finding out that Hawk Moth has escaped into the multiverse and found new allies, t... More

Quick Author Note
Chapter 1: A Miraculous Beginning
Chapter 2: Traveling to another world
Chapter 3: The first heavy assignment
Another Quick Author Note
Chapter 4: The first fight
Chapter 5: Getting to know each other
Chapter 6: Sword and Dine
Chapter X
Chapter 7: Who is Vlad?
Chapter 8: Party Crashers
Hiatus news!
Chapter 9: Vlad's secret
Chapter 10: Enough secrets
Chapter 12: Bloody Hell
Important Author's note
Chapter 13: The Beginning...
Chapter XX
Chapter 14:...Of the Pravus's fall
Chapter 15: Hawk Moth's first prey
Chapter 16: Delay

Chapter 11: Last Night

82 2 0
By Queen_Rainheart

It was Friday night, so there shouldn't be anyone out... right? The figure roamed the empty halls of the massive school, already lost and feeling as if he was back in his freshmen days when he had to navigate his way to classes on the first week of high school. Every year, even up to his last one, it always felt the same. Except now, he would never have another class again, so he waved that thought away and continued on. He no longer needed a map, schedule, or a teacher's help- but he certainly needed information.

Just as he was about to turn at the end of the hall, he quickly stopped and flattened himself against the wall; from the corner of his eye, he had spotted a lone student who he barely avoided bumping into. But he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

The student didn't look like any person he saw back home. Sure, he had auburn hair and calming green eyes but that was where the similars stop. He was wearing a leather armor and a tunic. His scent smell like pine trees, burn fish, reptiles, and sea salt. But with every step he took, it sounded like he was kicking an empty tin can. The figure looked down to see a left prosthetic foot. Made. Of. Metal.

The figure had almost bumped into this guy but manages to perfectly evade him and noticed he was tinkering with a bluetooth-like device, unsure what to do with it. Almost trying to break it. And he didn't even notice him!

What the? Did he just walk past me?

The figure gave one last glance at the metal leg boy and let out a breath. That was too close. If he was caught now, Em would kill him.

That boy was nothing he expected to be in this type of school. He doesn't look like he had some type of power and he was too scrawny to put up a fight. Guess he was more of a strategy kind of guy. Maybe his blood would taste small as well.

Maybe a bite won't hurt.

He looked at the direction of the boy, ready to take him down, but he wasn't there. It was almost like he disappeared. But that was impossible. There wasn't anything about him that screamed supernatural or magical.

Maybe he knew the shortcuts around the school.

Or that he just walked really fast.

There goes his meal. The figure took five more steps forward before he started to feel something off. Something powerful.

He turned around to be face to face with...a little... floating...girl?

"Hi there!" He wasn't sure what he should say about this. He wasn't even sure what was she. She didn't even seem human but it felt like she was no older than eight. Maybe he can use her to find him. "I've never seen you before. Are you new here?"

"Uh...Yeah, I'm new...here...at this school." If only he could lie better.

"You don't sound sure." Shit.

"I'm sure. I just got in tonight and I've been looking for my buddy who got here way before I came." Please buy it. Please buy it.

"Oh! I see," Yes! This was too easy. "Who's your friend?"

"Vlad Tod." The little girl's big pink eyes slightly widen but it was quickly replaced with a smile. What was she smiling about and why was she surprised?

"I didn't know Vlad had a friend back home. Welcome to Golden Hearts."

Vlad said nothing about Elysia to the heroes. Interesting. "Really? Weird. We're very close friends. I'm surprised he didn't talk about me to any of you."

The little girl smiled and slightly giggled, her big red bow slightly bouncing. "Don't feel bad. Vlad is very shy and he doesn't talk much. Wait, does he know you're here?"

"No. I wanted to surprise him."

"A surprise visit? Hmmmm," The little girl became quiet, thinking about what he said. "Usually, the class leaders are told about surprise visits."

"This really was last minute." The little girl looked at him again, this time giving him a glare that would only be reserved for ginormous warriors. She slowly nodded and gestured him to follow. He followed the little girl to the next location, two giant doors with cravings he didn't recognize. In front of the doors, just about to open them, is the boy from earlier. His eyes never left the device as he opens the door.

Percy was so tired as he got closer to the door. For two hours, he had to work on paperwork while Annabeth had to work in the library. Unusually she would help him sort out the papers, but she had last minute errands she couldn't get out of. He wouldn't mind if he didn't have so many papers to do. Darn his ADHD.

The doors opened up, Hiccup walked in with the communicator slightly broken. Percy slightly laughed and walked up to the Viking dragon trainer. He lightly taps his shoulder, causing the Viking dragon trainer to jump.

"Hey Hic."

"Gah! Percy! How-how many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" Percy laughed a little. It was kinda fun messing with him.

"Sorry. I just wanted to know what you're doing here so late? Usually, you're at the school stables with Toothless."

"Astrid is taking care of him. Besides, I want to learn more about this device."

"The communicator?" Hiccup nodded, fidgeting with the device.

"Yes. I've never seen anything like this. It's just too bad I can't take it home with me to study it more."

"Well, you know the rules. We can't take other dimensions' objects to our own. It will contaminate that world," Hiccup looked down, slightly annoyed. Percy doesn't blame him. Hiccup was from a dimension that didn't have many modern tools in other tools. In fact, there were only two types of transportation between islands: dragons and wooden boats. Not the most up-to-date dimension.

The library doors open again, getting both boys' attention. Percy easily recognized Blossom the powerful little girl. A kindergartener floating four feet off the ground is not that hard to recognize. But the guy next to her was someone Percy never saw him before. The guy was short and covered in black clothing like Vlad. But there was something off about him. Dark feelings swarm around him and despite his face being half hidden, his stare reminded Percy of Tartarus. And, in a sense, Vlad. He places his hand on Riptide's pen form, ready for anything to go south.

"Hey Blossom. Who's this?" He hoped she would ease this gut feeling.

"This is Vlad's close friend..." She paused, facing the unknown guy. "Sorry, I never got your name."

After she said that, he tensed up. He didn't respond to her question for a few minutes, making Percy even more on edge, gripping the pen harder. That's when Hiccup started to pick up on his off feeling.

"What is your name?" Hiccup said in his stern Viking voice.

"I'm Ed-I mean Henry. I'm Henry. Vlad's close friend." He finally said.

"Usually, newcomers arrive during the day and we're usually notified."

"Like I told Blossom this was a last minute plan. I would have arrived in the morning but my leader sends me here early."

"I'm sure your leader had a reason for a rush visit," Hiccup said as he placed the communicator in his leather pouch. "Must have been worried about something."

"Yes. He was on edge on Vlad being here by himself. You can't blame him, being Vlad's uncle." Percy was impressed Vlad's uncle was worried about Vlad being the only person from their world and send a friend to him. But before he could smile, Hiccup said this:

"And you said you were close with Vlad?"

"Yeah. We grew up together. We know everything about each other."

"Even his father?"

"Yeah. His father is a pretty great guy. Vlad's closer to him than his uncle. He taught Vlad everything he knows." Percy looked over to Hiccup, who didn't leave his stare from this Henry guy. He knew Vlad had a good relationship with his father but...

"Vlad's dad nearly killed him last winter," Percy said quietly. He holds his pen out in the open, ready for anything. "And it was his uncle who taught him everything."

'Henry' tensed up even more. Percy caught him.

"What are you talking a-about?" 'Henry' said, shaking.

"Vlad himself told me," He stared at 'Henry', almost daring him to say something.

He didn't say anything.

"So tell us. Who are you really?" Hiccup said as he casually places his hand on his Dragon Blade. 'Henry' didn't say anything. He stood there, grinding his teeth and squeezing his fist. For three minutes, he didn't say anything, didn't move.

Then he lunged toward Hiccup.

Hiccup was barely able to block his fist by using the Dragon Blade as a shield. Percy's adrenaline started to pump like crazy and he was sure Blossom's was too. He quickly uncapped the pen, the sword extended to full size.

"Get away from him!" Blossom said, punching the figure away. He only lost his balance but was able to regain it and punch back. It caused Blossom to fall down but left the figure wide open. Hiccup and Percy tried to land a hit on him but he was too fast. Hiccup was able to land a hit, burning the figure on the arm. The figure hissed and clutch his arm. Blossom quickly hovered over the figured and landed on his head. This caused the figure to lose his balance and gave Percy the opening to pin him down.

"That won't work." The figure grabbed Percy's arm and flipped him over. Hiccup swung his Dragon Blade close to the figure's face but he was able to dodge. Blossom tried to land a punch but he grabbed her with his other hand and threw her into the shelves.

"Blossom!" Percy said as he kicked the figure's face. The figure let go of Percy and covered his face in pain. Percy quickly got up and slash the figure's side. He hissed and tried to land a punch on Percy but Percy got out quickly. Hiccup and Blossom stood by Percy's side, ready to fight again. But Percy was unsure if they could keep fighting. Blossom could barely stay afloat and Hiccup didn't have enough energy to fight back.

As long as no one else got too close, they could have a fighting chance.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Footsteps running toward them. The figure must have heard it too because he slowly took a few steps back.

"What's going on here?!"

Annabeth!

"Percy! He's gone!" Percy didn't realize he took his eyes off the figure. There was nothing standing at that spot but a small pool of blood.

"Seaweed Brain! Are you okay?" Annabeth said as she made sure Blossom didn't bust her head.

"Yeah. Did you heard the loud bang?"

"Yes but only after Vlad warned me about it." Not three seconds later, Vlad turns the corner.

"How did Vlad know?" Hiccup said as he put away his Dragon Blade.

"I had this feeling," Vlad said as he placed his hand over his mouth. His eyes anywhere else but the pool of blood.

"Vlad." Percy wanted to say something but felt a slight pain in his shoulder.

"We need to get you three to the infirmary," Annabeth said as she supports Percy.

"But-"

"Don't worry Hiccup. I'll find the figure." Vlad said quickly. And without a single word, Vlad disappeared. Just like the figure.

"Come on you three. I'll let Headmaster Max know about this."

A/N: Finally!!

Sorry for the wait guys. The semester is almost done and I'm still at a writer's block. Luckily, however, I'm almost done with chapter 12 and it should be out soon. Not sure when but it should be done around the end of this year the latest.

Again I'm very sorry for the long delay and I hope to see you guys next time.

Bye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

687K 20.2K 42
𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘺𝘣𝘶𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 (completed) __________ Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Today at about 4pm in the city of Par...
5.2K 181 12
After Marinette and the gang defeated Hawk Moth and the Papillons, they seemed to have their happy ever after. But not every good thing lasts forever...
18.8K 591 41
By daylight, Marin Dupain-Cheng and Amelie Agreste are normal, ordinary teenagers. But, unbeknownst to their family and friends, the two of them carr...
9.8K 183 21
(Fanfic #7) Hawk Moth's final plan to get Ladybug and Cat Noir's miraculous finally goes into play. Determined to stop him once and for all, Ladybug...