Spinning Dream Delights 【Yand...

By S-aHowaito

『Can this be true? I can't believe what I've seen. A soul like yours - to be as strong as you are. A memory s... More

Prologue: ♑︎♋︎⬧︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎
Chapter 1: Heroes Unite
Chapter 2: Decisive Strength
Chapter 4: A Home to the Jester
Chapter 5: Deals and Candies
Chapter 6: Pre-Joker Balletomane
Chapter 7: CHAOS CHAOS
Chapter 8: Misconceptions of a King
[a/n: YOUR ART]
Chapter 9: Mac and Cheese
Chapter 10: A Jester and a Murderer
Chapter 11: Sleepovers
Chapter 12: Hidden Cuddles
Chapter 13: Spade-Santa & Pappa Kaard
Chapter 14: Kiss of dolor chorus
Chapter 15: No Culture [warning: lime]

Chapter 3: Stupid Philosophy

9.2K 316 701
By S-aHowaito

Alternative Chapter name: you bullsh*t your way out prison. Weird picture edit above by me.

______________________________

The world is amiss as your dream's beliefs.

Suddenly being forced to swim in the tide waters of the past, you stood your ground within a familiar white-lighted laboratory. You seemed settled back. You figure was dressed in a soft lab coat, while you leaned loosely on the door frames.

"Ah, Dr. (L/n). Didn't see you enter." - a familiar voice turned to you. Doctor ██ ████'s face cracks into a wide grin as he greeted you with utmost joy. In his hands a clutter of blueprints and notes. You visibly relaxed and your face broke into a rare smile, one almost large enough to mirror the scientist.

In the soft light and humid air, you would tune into the noises like they were an auditory jigsaw puzzle. On each conjuring of your familiar workplace, you felt a frisson of joy, the same kind as you felt whenever ████ would greet you after a long day such as this: "Sorry for being late today..."

"No need for apologizing. You stayed late yesterday." - he waved you off, holding onto the diagnosis that seemed to be lab hypotheses. "But I've got your notes as you requested and I must admit... I'm quite impressed."

"It seems my enduring nights while passing through repeated calculation have finally come in use." - your chuckle heralded the end of tedious scarcity and more happiness than ████ knew what to do with at first.

"(Y/n), your efforts are always appreciated by me," - he reminded you. "It's just... I can't get my mind over what you wrote in your entries: 'Understanding the willpower of a Human SOUL? The causes and will for a SOUL to integrate even after death?' "

"Monsters' physical forms can't handle the said "determination" to stay impact like humans' can..." - you started "But that doesn't mean that humans are immortal either."

"Of course, Of course." - ████ recited your words, as his eyes worryingly went over the blueprints of actions and theories that you conducted overnight.

"And since any research about souls, both monsters and humans, are leading us to a dead end, why don't we try focusing on one side first? For example, experimenting on a soul to stay incorporate further, even after massive injuries?"

He placed your drafts down, his attention now towards as you as the seed of future schemes has been implanted in his mind. He hummed in ponder - "Making a soul invulnerable to annihilation... as in - determined to live on."

"Indeed." - you folded your arms, trying to encourage him into the needed line of thoughts "That might give us a nudge into the right direction to understand why a soul can be such a powerful entity despite its physical host."

"To fathom the power source of a SOUL and it's determination..." - Your smile was as warm as a beautiful day. ████ took a small step backward, making an effort to keep his own smile intact. "Fascinating."

The world was going dim once more, The cold alighted on your (skin-color) face softer than the touches your companion used to share, and just as cold as the memories had turned. In this swirl of white, the world was washed anew, like a new page, but you didn't want it. Under this pristine layer of darkness, you felt your sheer existence fade into a new reality.

"This next experiment seems very, very interesting, my dear."

_________________________________

*You woke up

You felt the freezing ground below you, as your bones refused to move. Your head throbbed fiercely. One by one, you tried lifting yourself up with your numb hands, which proved to be the equivalent of lifting a brick by using noodles. "Ugh... Goodness."

Falling back to the ground, you tried to ease yourself by opening your eyes first. You barely saw anything. You rubbed your eyes, in hopes that it will cease your misty blindness away, but alas - there was nothing. Until you realized The black in that room was not just the void, nor was it just a color of choice - it was an essence of this facility.

"Where am I?!" - you immediately stood up in alarm, adrenaline rushing through you once you realized that Kris, Susie, and Ralsei were nowhere to be seen. The only thing presented in front of you were metal bars. You were being imprisoned.

"Splendid." - you complimented yourself with a hiss. "I have no idea where I am, where the kids are, and what's going to be of me."

You impatiently walked around your small cell, examining the plain surrounding of the dark walls. You investigated every crack and corner, which didn't lead to anything. Once in a while you'd check if there's a possibility of breaking the cell bars, however, they were too solid. Thus you returned to your activity of impatiently walk in a circle. You checked the bars one more time...

*yep, still unbreakable.

"The king would be so proud to know we caught the bigger Lightner!" - a meek voice resonated through the empty hallways from beyond your point of view. It seemed to be marching towards your location as you heard muffled movements reach you. You faced your captor.

Once the figure turned towards you, his teal eyes went wide - It was a simple Ruddin "Ah! You're awake!"

"Oh really? I didn't notice - now do me a favor and release me."

"I'm sorry m-miss, but our orders were to imprison you for all eternity. Words of the king."

"The king, you say?" - you looked down, you face darkening, before responding in your usual conciliatory tone "Well... Tell the king I send my deepest greetings."

"Ah, okay, I will!" - surprised for a moment, the tiny Ruddin began strolling away with his embarrassed insincerity, ready to actually fulfill your request, but you weren't done.

"But wait..." - you interrupted in a serious manner "How will the king know that you're not lying about my greetings?"

"Oh? Well, I'll tell him that you told me to do so!"

"But do you have proof?"

"...Proof?"

"Proof! Do you have an authoritative acknowledgment that I rightfully devote my 'deepest' greetings to the king?" - you pressed on.

"Um... I-"

"And how may I know that you're an objective messenger that I could trust?"

"What? I-I've worked for the King for more than ten years, I'm a trusty guard and a messenger!"

"But do you have a diploma?"

"A wh-..!?"

At this point, you were pulling senseless facts to the point where even you didn't understand what you were mumbling about - "A diploma! An official certificate that you've ended your 4 years of training in the University of guardsmen and royal serving?"

"A University?"

"If I, a mere Lightner in the world of darkness, doubt you for being an official guardsman, how may I even know that I'm in an actual prison ordered by the king?"

"But you are in prison! Look around you!"

"But how can you prove it? And most importantly, how can you prove it to your King?"

"No-.. but, um, the king- He would always trust me! I'm his most trustworthy soldier..."

"Young man, look me in the eyes." - you commanded, your (eye-color) eyes are an ocean of intelligence but also nonsensical-baloney "Tell me: Will he trust you?"

The seed of doubt was now flourishing successfully within the Ruddin's naive mind. Your metaphysical, cunning wisdom has opened a third eye for the blind royal guard whose whole life flashed upon his eyes. He realized, he fully fathomed your cosmical words of oblivion - his life was a lie. He's been living joke - "It's a disgrace... I-I'm a fool, I've been blind all along!"

"Indeed." - you nodded coherently.

"O wise Lightner - tell me? What should I do?"

"Well, let's start with the simplest task we have at the current moment." - you smiled graciously "I want you to send the King my deepest greetings."

"But HOW can I do that?!"

"Well, it's easy. To prove me and the King that you actually sent these greetings from me personally - you'll have to take me with you."

"You're correct! That's brilliant! Why thank you, wise Lightner - your sheer wisdom has opened my eyes to the future that I have to rebuild among my lies!" - The diamond-looking Ruddin didn't hesitate to reconsider, as he exhilaratingly proceeded to search through keys to grant your freedom. "C'mon, let's wait no more."

Your sly performance has shown the best of you - "Aw ye man."

_________________________________

And so the hours went on... or perhaps it's been days? For the jester, it was no difference. Flying by without any recognition from the inhabitants of this realm, the murky hall was restrained from any soul or being. Except for a certain Devilish Jester. The grey heavens and low clouds clung to his body and soul as if infectious, as he contained imprisoned and isolated within a spacious chamber that became his only home and jail.

The opaque walls emitted no source of light or sound, leaving the purple walls in its bleakness, shading his own ghost face. His only companion was his loneliness. These wretched, vile people who dared to call themselves "free" compelled him to drown within the depth of forlornness. It was thick like licorice against his tongue, pressed hard against the roof of his mouth, only suited for a particular taste. He wanted to cleave himself from such sensibility - but even if he did... What would happen to him afterward?

He knew too much, to begin with.

But as his demeanor paced back and forth in the middle of this round, locked prison - he could hear everything around him. A fool would say that he's a prisoner, a convict. But he was the only free being within this absurd world. Once more, silence.

An elevator door has been opened from afar. With his dark cape fluttering behind him, he concentrates on the noises: steps. Hesitant and quiet ones. They were waltzing, gentle as if the person was invincible, but the devious Jester could hear it all. The steps continued, this time, rhyming while descending deeper and deeper towards his door.

Silence once more.

*You knocked on the wall.

No response.

*You knocked once more.

And to your surprise, a person knocked back from the other size. From behind the tightly sealed wall, the Jester smiled from ear to ear. He could not see you, but he could hear your tentative movements. "Hello? Excuse me, is anyone in there?"

"BOO HOO, UEE HEE." - a whimsical giggled echoed in response "So lonely, lonely I be... But lo, a sudden visitor is standing inside? How did your presence make a scene in here?"

"Oh, I was..." - the Jester heard your voice. A Human. He felt your voice rolling over the hills in sorrowful waves. Swells of power rose up in your throat. "I escaped the castle by using the elevator... but I ended up pressing every button that there is, hoping I might escape the royal guards."

The jester was amused - you're escaping. He couldn't see you, nor could he knew for certain how your beauty might be residing on a face such as yours. Your voice was something distinctive yet foreign to him - thus, picturing your physical looks seemed challenging.

"I apologize if I'm trespassing on your... territory?"

"Oh do not fret. I'm innocent, innocent - just like you! My freedom has become my punishment. So speak, who's your morale mystique might be?"

For a moment there was confusion, but also reflecting thoughts going wide. You didn't dare to respond to the stranger, but with a second thought and a hushed voice, you revealed your individuality- "I'm (Y/n)(L/n). It's a pleasure to talk to you, sir."

"With grand delight."

The voice to whom belonged to a (hair-color) woman was music, and grace, and the haunting feeling of knowing that your voice was brought out in a fit of smoothness yet a melodic fatigue. As if you were exhausted to even speak up; or so the Jester noticed.

"I certainly hope my attendance doesn't bother you - it seems your floor is the only place lacking any guards." - You called, before sitting with your knees pressed against yourself, your back against the wall to the mysterious persona.

Meanwhile, on the opposite side, he pressed both of his palms against the wall separating you, feeling your company closer to his physical form; your mere nature tranquilizing him - "Why certainly, certainly - those imbeciles would've turned my only place into havoc just like their world. I don't see why would you like them to be patrolling here?"

"No, no! I don't... I'm already on the run, and I can't risk walking freely since every guard is onto me. I just need a minute in peace, away from tense trouble"

By all means, the clown behind the grinning smiles knew that you were the Lightners' Guardian of which the whole nation gossiped about. It was no surprise to know that you were thrown in prison by The King's order. But he definitely would've never expected you to be here. He wondered if you even met the King yet since it's been rumored that the Spade-face has been plotting an equal interest towards you. Either way, none of you dared to speak up, as you both shared a moment of solace from turmoil. And he cherished that moment.

"Hey, um, sir - I don't think I've got your name."

The jester stayed still, his mind focusing on your words, before leaning on his jail-door and letting his form slide to the floor, dreamily. He was stuck in an illusion, struggling to get back to reality. Thus, he closed his eyes and forgot about the world, the fabricated world that ruined him forever.

"They call me Jevil."

____________________

Weird edit of you being Socrates by me. Idk this whole chapter felt like sh*tpost even though it introduces the main Character - Jevil... still, I'm proud of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 190 31
#40- TobyFox 12-8-18 #1 JudgementHall 3-21-19 Discontinued. I stood before Sans, he'd fallen asleep. Tears were dripping down my face as I h...
1.2M 37.3K 49
Y/n lives a hard life, she's a 15 year old girl, completely normal right? Wrong. At home she takes constant abuse, all the while working three jobs t...
18.7K 409 18
I take no credit for anything in my book. All rights are reserved to the original creaters of undertale. I also take no credit for the art work in m...
1.6K 119 16
Disclaimer: This story is based on the Handplates comic so make sure you are somewhat familiar with the story line. (I really recommend reading it an...