Unexpected Love

By Bows_Bros

Two people so close but yet so far... Nathan and Lydia two ordinary teens who never cross each other path. Ju... More

Girl Next Door
Always going Againest
Taking one for the team
Getting to know the boys
You can run but you can't hide
Horse...with special rules
Start of it all
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 :)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 "Will you go out with me?"
Chapter 18 Suits & Dresses
Chapter 19 Winter Formal :)
Chapter 20 'Are we even dating?'
Chapter 21 'First date'
Chapter 22 Winter Break
Chapter 23 'That perfect gift'
Chapter 24 'You're Back!'
Chapter 25 'Christmas'
Chapter 26 'Christmas Hangover'
Chapter 27 'New Years'
Chapter 28 'Megan & Liam First Date'
Chapter 29 'Spring-Break'
"I love you"
Stay Strong
Should I forgive you?
Epilogue

Chapter 30 New York

20 1 3
By Bows_Bros

As my phone started ringing, my eyes slowly opened. I glance at my clock and it was about 4 in the morning. Gosh I hate leaving at such an early flight. I walked downstairs to my kitchen to already see Liam, Nathan, and Megan sitting there eating. Is there a reason why I am the last one to wake up?

"Morning babe." said Nathan. My eyes could still barley open up all the way, and I'm way to tired to say anything back to him. I rested my head on the table until somebody brought me a plate of eggs and a glass of OJ.

I am so glad I decided to wake up extra early this morning it gives me time to get ready. I am moving so slow. My mom decided to give us a ride to the airport, I'm surprised at the fact that Mrs. Johnson wasn't the first one to ask to drive us to the airport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The security line was the longest thing ever, I mean so many people were there the line only moved an inch per minute. "Nathan what time are we boarding on the plane?" I asked him. He checked his watch. "In about 10 minutes." I am so freaking excited to get to New York. I haven't been on a vacation for the longest time.

Once we boarded the plane there was one problem. There was only three seats per row. Who was going to be the one. To sit alone with a stranger. "Not it!!!" I shouted

"Not me!!" Said Nathan.

"Not it!" Last said Megan.

The three of us took our seat and still found Liam standing there in shock. "No fair why do I have to be the one to sit alone?"

"Okay, I will make a deal. If you sit alone this time I promise on our flight back I will be the one that sits alone." I told Liam. But I don't know if he will take my word for this one.

"Promise?" He asked me.

"I promise." He finally took my word for it and found a seat next to some random mother and baby. Liam will now have the ride of his life.

"Are you really going to sit alone on the next ride?" Nathan asked me.

"Would I really let Liam take my spot?"

"You're really mean to my brother. But I love you for that."

"Love?" I asked him

"Oh shit! Sorry I didn't mean that, oh-um sorry." Nathan tried to put distance between us but its not easy when we are in an airplane. I look over to Megan to see if she saw what just happen, nope! Her headphones are plugged in and she is out.

There is nothing wrong with him loving me I mean I didn't think we were being that serious. We were just dating without looking for the future with us together. I mean I don't mind getting further in the relationship with Nathan, he is a good guy and I trust him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Nathan I'm getting tired. Can I lay on your lap to sleep?" I asked him. He didn't say anything to me but he pulled up the armrest and signaled me to lay on his lap. Once I finally got comfy, I looked up to Nathan but he had no expression on his face and he wouldn't even look at me.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him

"No it's okay just go to sleep." I didn't bother to say anything else to him and I let my sleepiness take me away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started to wake up as Nathan legs began to move. "Lydia we are finally here!" said Megan I slowly got up and looked out the window but we already landed so there was really nothing to see except for another airplane. 

     After what felt like forever, we got out of the plane but Liam wasn't out of the plane yet so we had to wait for him. The moment he got out of the plane, Liam didn't look too happy. I mean he sat next to a baby so I didn't really blame him. Once he found us he walked up right to me.

      "You will be the one that will sit alone on the way back!" With that he and Nathan walked ahead of us. Megan and I just walked following behind the boys. Nathan wouldn't even look at me anyway. Why is he talking to Liam like nothing ever happen? But with me he won't talk. 

       "Lydia why isn't Nathan walking with you? I mean he is always with you and now he is not giving you a second glance." asked Megan. I didn't feel like explaining everything to Megan right now so I just shrugged. But I will owe her an explanation later. 

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              "LYDIA!" someone shouted. I looked up but didn't see anyone. "Right in front of you..." said Megan. I looked straight ahead and see Mason jumping up and down. I ran towards him and gave him a big hug. Most siblings would not do these type of things but Mason and I are different.

         "Oh my gosh its you!" I said to him. 

               "And its you! So how was your flight here?" He asked us as we were walking to his car. 

        "Terrible the worst thing ever. By the way I call shot gun." Said Liam as he angrily walked to the front seat, while the rest of us just stared after him. 

        Mason only lived about half an hour away from the airport so the ride wasn't too long. Nathan still wouldn't say anything to me, but I was spending most of the time get caught up with Mason. He didn't have much going on other than hanging with friends and college and I think he has a girlfriend but he won't say anything about that. I will find out sooner or later. 

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         I didn't expect Mason to live in a actual house since he is in college and should be coming back home after college. "Mason why do you live in such a big house all alone and what's the point of buying one since you are coming back to Atlanta after you graduate?" 

            "Listen, Lydia about that---" Before Mason could say anything else Megan interupted. 

      "We only got 5 days in New York so lets go out we are losing time here. Let get ready!!." Shouted Megan. Maybe he will explain later. 

          "Yeah we should start going out now. So where should we go first?" asked Nathan, wow he actually said something for once.

        ****************************************************************************************

                     "Hey Mason where are we going?" I asked.

        "Don't worry you will see soon enough little sis." I was so excited to get to see New York. It is rare for me to travel out of state since our family rarely goes on vacation. 

      A while later, I looked out the window and saw the the Statue of Liberty. No way... This is so cool! We all followed Mason out of the car and he went to go buy the tickets for us. I glanced over to Nathan he has a blank look on his face I can't tell what he is thinking. But I won't be the one to apologize to him since I didn't do anything wrong. 

        We all took a boat to get to the island, once we all got there Megan and I started to take some pictures. As we were walking along this guy stopped us so he can take pictures of us. "Why do we have to do this? I mean the pictures won't turn out good and it will be overprice to buy." I complained. 

           "It will only take a second, so it doesn't matter." said Megan. 

       The guy finally took the picture but it doesn't look like he is done. "You two, the couple you two should take one together. Without thinking Nathan and mine heads snapped over to Liam and Megan while both of them were looking at us. "No the couples in the blue shirts. I looked down at mine and Nathan shirt and unfortunately, we both were wearing blue shirts.

        "I want the guy to put his arms around the girl." said the picture guy. So Nathan did as he was told and we both smiled for the picture.

           In the end we did decide to buy the pictures we took.....

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          It was about 3 in the afternoon when we got back from the Statue of Liberty. I am so tired, this has most defiantly been a long day. I ran upstairs to the bathroom to take a quick shower just to give myself a wake up call. 

         I came downstairs finding Liam, Megan, and Nathan all dressed up. "Where are you guys going?" I asked them. 

      "We have some family that lives here and we are going to go visit them. As for Megan, our family needs to meet my girlfriend." said Liam. Why am I not going? I mean I am 99% sure that I am Nathan girlfriend. I try to make eye-contact with Nathan but he only looks away every time I try. 

        "Well I am just going to look for stuff to eat but you guys go and have fun!" I told them. I can tell Megan will want and explanation from me later.... I think it is going to be awkward around us from now on. 

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       I found a bag of Funyuns as I reached for the bag I heard the door open. I tried to stay quiet but at that moment I dropped my phone. Oh crap! "Hello? Is anybody there?" asked a strange guy voice. 

     I started to slowly move out of the kitchen without being seen. Where the heck is Mason? I see the stairs in front of me, I am going to run for it. Something pulled me down, as in a swift motion I fell to the ground with a big thump. 

      "Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" asked the guy. He looks like a college student, not any older than 20. He has me pinned down to the ground with his hand around my neck. "Sorry stranger danger." I answered back at him. 

       All he did was chuckled at me. "That's cute, now if you would like to tell why you are in my house?" 

        "How do I know this is your house? I mean where is the proof?" 

      "Seriously who are you? Wait, your eyes look familiar..." 

    I rolled my eyes at him, "Well I have brown eyes and that is a dominate trait for everyone so yes I can see why my eyes look familiar."

        "Okay you don't need to be a smart ass, and I think I know who you are now. You're Mason little sister. What was your name again?" 

     "Alright I give you credit, you figured i'm Mason little sister but I think I will keep my name to myself." 

       Mason roommate removed his hand from my throat and helped me get up. "What is your name?" I asked him 

       "Well since I don't get to know your name, you can't know mine." 

      "I will just call you Sam, you look like a Sam." Sam didn't fight back he just smiled at me then noticed the bag of chips on the floor. 

      "What is my bag of chips doing on the ground?" He asked in kind of an angry tone. 

   "I got hungry but never got a chance to eat it because I was attack by you." 

    "Alright so for the next 5 days you are here, you will follow these rules. First, don't eat any snacks unless you have my permission. Second you cannot be one of those loud people that stay up all night. Am I clear?" I nodded back at Sam which gave him a satisfied look. 

        "Alright I think we will get along well. Wanna go out to eat?" He asked me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 8.2K 59
They went to the same school. She was just like any other normal teenage girl in high school. He on the other hand wasn't like any other teenage boy...
2K 13 21
Read as two teens that are meant for each other fall in love slowly but only as she gets voted as cheer captain... But it doesn't stop there after t...
139K 3.6K 21
One quiet girl. One popular boy. What could possibly happen if their paths cross?
Splash By dc

Teen Fiction

407 9 29
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander. Warning: Contains strong language, because it's high school.