Fabricated Fate - A Breath of...

By CapricornSiren

A young girl named Thalia is found by Princess Zelda and her knight at the time, Link. Taken into the castle... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Extra: Characters

Chapter 25

339 10 6
By CapricornSiren

The three were unconscious on the bright green grass. Link was the first one to regain conscious, seeing Rowan and Thalia still not waking up. He saw the tattoo mark on their wrists, feeling mad at himself that he couldn't protect them from it.

Link looked around the area, feeling like he was no longer in Hyrule. "Where did Ganondorf end up sending us to..?" Not going very far, he was looking around some more to find more clues of where he was.

Looking around while still being near Thalia and Rowan, Link heard footsteps drawing near, turning towards the sound. Not too far from him, he saw a group of three traveling together.

There was a guy that had blue hair, wearing armor only on his shoulders, a cape falling behind. Next to him was an intimidating looking man with brown hair with a piercing stare, wearing all armor. On the other side of him was a rather young girl with blonde hair wore in pigtails, wearing a yellow dress that was torn in some places.

The guy with the blue hair had the other people who were walking with him stop as soon as they saw Link. "What are you doing all the way out in the outskirts, traveler?"

Link just blinked, not knowing any idea who these people were. He didn't want to admit that this Gerudo man had sent him and his friends here with his dark power or else they might think he was crazy. "I... Really don't remember how I ended up here to be honest."

The guy with the piercing stare squinted his eyes. "You truly do not remember? Sounds suspicious to me."

The guy with the blue hair looked at him with a glare. "Frederick! Don't say that! This man is probably confused about what's going on here."

Link nodded. "Yeah. I'm really confused here. Who are you people?"

"Sorry for not introducing ourselves sooner." The guy with the blue hair said. "I'm Chrom. You may know Frederick's name by now. And this delicate lady here is my little sister, Lissa."

Lissa pouted with her lower lip. "I am not delicate!"

Chrom let out a chuckle, turning towards Link. "And who might you be, traveler?"

Link was still confused about what was going on here, but he just went with it. "I'm Link. Nice to meet you."

"Link, huh? Where have you traveled from?"

"Uh... Hyrule?"

"Hyrule? I have never heard of such a place. Did you come from another country?"

Link was taken aback since this was the first time that someone didn't know about Hyrule. Now he was really confused about where he was. "What exactly is this place..?"

"You're near a town called Ylisstol."

"Ylisstol..?" Link has never heard of such a place. There was no land on the Hyrule map that was anywhere near close to that name.

Frederick was still looking at Link with suspicion. "How do you not know where you have traveled at, and now claiming that you have come from an unknown region? This sounds like a load of pegasus dung."

"Frederick!" Chrom exclaimed. His attention went back to Link. "Sorry for his behavior. It's kind of his job to be protective of my sister and I."

"It's all good." Link nodded, still feeling very confused. "But anyway... Can you help me out with my friends there? They're still not waking up."

Lissa turned towards Thalia and Rowan who were still out of it, letting out a gasp. "Oh! Let me try to heal them! I'm a cleric after all!"

Link smiled at Lissa. "Thanks a lot."

Lissa returned the smile. "No problem! It's my job to help those who need healing!"

Going over to where Thalia and Rowan were, Lissa was using her staff to heal the two of them. Slowly but surely, both Rowan and Thalia were coming to their senses, opening their eyes.

Link smiled widely, letting out a sigh of relief. "Thank Hylia that the two of you are alright."

Rowan rose up from the ground, holding his head in pain. "What in the world happened? Where are we?" His attention turned towards the group of three. "And who are they?"

Chrom gave Rowan a smile. "I'm Chrom. And this is Frederick and Lissa, my little sister."

Frederick slightly bowed. Lissa smiled at Rowan. "Oh wow! You look just like a prince!"

Rowan chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm no prince. I'm Duke Rowan of Hyrule."

Lissa's jaw dropped in awe. "A duke?! I swear that you look more like a prince!"

Frederick still wore his same expression. "There's that Hyrule name again. Just where in the world is that?"

Link pulled out the Sheikah Slate, hoping it would work. He grunted in surprise, seeing that it still worked. "Maybe this will help?" He showed the digital map to the group of three.

The group of three looked at the Sheikah Slate in awe, Chrom spoke up. "What is that device? I've never seen anything like that before."

"It's called a Sheikah Slate. It just shows a map of where I'm from, and it can take pictures."

Lissa looked amazed at the Sheikah Slate. "That's so cool! Where you're from must be ahead of its time or something!"

Frederick was looking at the map, his face looking confused. "I have never seen this map or its regions before. These names are unfamiliar to me."

Being quiet for a while and just listening, Thalia spoke up. "So does that mean you truly don't know the land of Hyrule?"

Frederick shook his head. "I do not. And who might you be, milady?"

"My name is Thalia."

Lissa's eyes sparkled, suddenly grabbing both of Thalia's hands. "You're so pretty!"

Thalia felt flattered, blushing at Lissa's compliment as she shyly smiled. "Thank you very much."

"Tell me." Chrom spoke up. "Do you plan to go back to this Hyrule land or were you here to sightsee?"

"Well..." Thalia paused for a moment, not knowing what to say without sounding crazy. "We're trying to find our way back to Hyrule. Some evil man had used his dark power on us, and the next thing we knew, we ended up here."

"I see..." Chrom paused for a moment. "If there's any way we can help, we can lend you some assistance."

Link was thinking to himself, shaking his head. He didn't want them to get mixed up in all of this. "Thank you for your offer, Chrom. But I think we got it covered."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we'll be ok. We'll figure out a way to get back to Hyrule."

Chrom looked unsure about Link's words, but nodded while smiling. "If you end up changing your mind and need some assistance, you may enter Ylisstol and call for us."

Link smiled back. "Thanks a lot."

"I've been meaning to ask since I've noticed. Your sword has a unique design. What's its name?"

"Oh, this?" Link pulled out his sword. "It's the Master Sword. I'm the Hylian Champion so I ended up being this sword's master."

"I see. It has a similar story with my sword, Falchion. Only descendants of Naga can wield it."

Link, Thalia, and Rowan arched an eyebrow. They had never heard of that name before, Link speaking up for the two's behalf. "Naga?"

Chrom nodded. "She is our god."

"Almost like Hylia... I think I get it now..." The next second, Link looked like he had realized something. "Wait... If you said that sword can be wielded by the descendants of your god, then does that make you some kind of prince?"

Chrom let out a chuckle. "You could say that I'm the prince of Ylisstol."

Link wasn't too surprised about that. He knew someone very well that had a similar story like Chrom's. "That's almost like Zelda."

"Zelda?"

"Yeah, she's the princess of Hyrule. Speaking of her, we need to save her from that jackass."

Chrom had his serious face on. "Do you need a hand?"

"Thank you, but no thank you. The three of us are about to find our way back to Hyrule."

"You three are something else..." Chrom gave them a smile. "I wish you luck on saving this princess of your land. I hope that we can meet again."

"Likewise."

"Our doors are always open for you whenever you need our help. Until then, farewell friends." With that, Chrom began to walk away with Lissa and Frederick following behind.

As those three were out of sight, a smile appeared on Rowan's face. "Those people are really nice. We must come here next time with Zelda."

"Yeah, totally." Link nodded, looking like he was thinking to himself. "But how the hell are we supposed to get back to Hyrule? We don't have a map for this region, so we don't even know where to go."

As Thalia was listening in on the two, she had a sudden flash of Empress Shizuka speaking this into her mind. Whenever you find yourself lost, your heart will guide you.

Thalia's chest area started to glow, forming a transparent pink rose. Her eyes widen at the sight, not knowing what was going on. Link and Rowan grunted seeing such a sight, rushing towards her with worry. "Thalia!" The two shouted.

The glow on Thalia's chest area grew even more. Link and Rowan got to her, touching her shoulders. The glow got brighter, shielding their eyes. They had vanished from the field. Only silence remained.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 2K 23
Love. Bloodshed. Sacrifice. Link is an mysterious assassin. By the orders of his master, he spills the blood of whoever he is assigned to kill. One d...
18K 474 24
A young girl born as a bastard, Forsaken as the town's pariah, A lending hand that comes unexpected, The door to a new life opening, Visions calling...
893 28 3
It's been 5 years since the end of the Calamity, and all is well in Hyrule. Zelda and Link have settled comfortably into their new lives - Zelda as Q...
2.9K 105 13
Two years after Hyrule was saved from the Great Calamity, Ganon regains strength, awakens, and returns with a new plan - to marry Zelda. When Link an...