MAD HATTER. haitani rindou

By keisukyu

── MAD HATTER ‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍life is ravished by fairytales' lies; vivid events stiffened our souls, bent... More

MAD HATTER.
PLAYLiST
OO1
OO2
OO4
OO5
OO6
OO7
OO8
OO9
O1O
O11
O12
O13
O14
O15
O16
O17
O18
O19
O2O
O21
O22
O23
O24
O25
O26 - ending

OO3

25.1K 742 404
By keisukyu

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ ‍ the sun was already shining to the city of tokyo when the car finally stopped at the destination, quickly welcoming the zephyr that blew over to your face and admired the trees dancing along with the wind as soon as you stepped your foot on the sand, slightly sinking. indulging in a soft humming to the melody of lana del rey's 'yes to heaven,' and taking in the sight of the sea waves crashing onto the shore, you closed your eyes for a brief period of time before opening them once again. you sighed with satisfaction at how well the cold zephyr felt against your skin. as you wait for the event to begin, you can observe the individuals there as they move around, play, and interact with their friends.

‍ ‍ ‍ your happy thoughts were interrupted when you felt your phone vibrating- notifying you that your friend was already calling. "i think they just threw me in a random room, but who cares. are the people already there?"

‍ ‍ ‍ "are you really sure? i mean, you can still run away and be called as the runaway groom by everyone." you joked, "also, this place is really nice. though they said wedding in the beach could be a disaster."

‍ ‍ ‍ keisuke laughed through the phone, loud cries following after which probably from his friends. "it's already two years and you still hate haru? come on, she's kind! i really hope you two can be friends someday."

‍ ‍ ‍ you let out a heavy sigh, "i'm not sure, i like your first girlfriend more. i was really devastated when you announced that you are getting married to haruna and not her but i don't know, that's probably the fate playing with the two of you."

‍ ‍ ‍ "well i couldn't help it, i was immature that time and can't handle the long-distance relationship but hey! today's my day- oh wait, i need to go. goodbye! see you later!"

‍ ‍ ‍ as you blend well with the crowd, you found yourself sitting at the large table along with your two friends. blinking twice after first, you looked about in a state of astonished amazement with a faint smile on your lips. the wedding is a significant occasion for everyone who was invited, as evidenced by the numerous young people entering through the main entrance dressed to their best outfits-some even in suits or other formal attire. most of those visitors have come to celebrate what was supposed to be a special day, and they most likely came to witness the year's most well-known and stunning bride. you had never attended a wedding before, but you could tell that it's going to be exciting or not. despite the large number of people present, ot seemed more orderly than anything else. people were conversing, laughing, and simply being in the moment. moreover, if someone questioned you, you would respond that everyone else was grinning except for a few of them.

‍ ‍ ‍ "it's fairly strange how the two of them got together though, they don't match one other very well. i can sense something wrong with haru's aura," emma wrinkled her nose and glared at the invitation letter with such a bitter expression. white, fresh, and with a pleasant lemon scent, the envelope had been folded in half to fit into the card. the fragrance of the paper was strong as she could smell it very well.

‍ ‍ ‍ "well, we have no choice but to accept their decisions. doesn't it sound so cliche?" slowly shifting your gaze on the other side, you locked your eyes with a familiar figure. the woman was dressed in a sage green dress, but there were some differences from your memory of her. her usual long black hair was replaced by a short jellyfish haircut with blond streaks in it.

‍ ‍ ‍ baji's soulmate, ex-girlfriend to be exact.

‍ ‍ ‍ she gave you a friendly brow lift before forming a tiny smile on her lips, but her eyes were dead within despite the outward expression of happiness. it was the look of someone who had simply seen too much and wished nothing more than to sleep for months. you didn't realize how long you had been staring at her until she turned her focus back to chifuyu and smacked her brother's back, the black-haired man only sighed in response. they seemed talking about something but what were they talking about? "just go, the wedding is about to start." you hear her speak softly, giving a gentle shove at the boy which caused him to stumble with a surprise gasp.

‍ ‍ ‍ "i feel bad for her, she should have been the one walking on the aisle instead," you mumbled, your chin resting on your palm while you watched emma slowly nodded her head, obviously agreeing with your reply.

‍ ‍ ‍ emma had lost track of how many times you had yawned because she mostly side-eyes you, isn't easily rattled by the wedding, and assumes that your primary purpose in being here is to support your friend. when the ceremony was through, the waiters had already left the kitchen to begin serving the meal to the guests. everyone was having a good time, wishing the newlyweds luck in their new lives, and congratulating them on making it this far in their relationship-one of them was baji's ex-girlfriend. you no longer found it particularly bothersome. considering how far gone baji was compared to her, it was impossible to criticize him.

‍ ‍ ‍ after a brief moment of silence, the audience burst into laughing, taunting the couple-the groom and the bride together. everyone was yelling and laughing as the groom knelt in front of haru. in order to not miss anything, chifuyu was filming the entire event while they were playing the garter toss. baji smiled, quickly grabbing the bride's gown as he stuffed his head on her thighs, swiftly taking the garter. the black-haired male held it up high as haru blushed, attempting to snatch it away from his hands. baji smiled even wider as he handed her the garter back; just like before, she was embarrassed by his actions.

‍ ‍ ‍ "everyone, congrats the newly weds!"

‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ with the beads of sweat rolling down your forehead, you looked back at the rear mirror with a slight gasped that escaped through your lips, your body trembled. the streetlights that could be seen through the car provided the only illumination because it was already dark, not even the moonlight can support the darkness. while maintaining a firm grip on your phone with the other hand, you tightened your grip on the steering wheel. your breathing was still heavy. although you wanted to cry, you were unable to do so because of how scared you were. this wasn't supposed to happen- your mind was racing with many thoughts. they were all about how things would have been better if you had went home together with hakkai, or yuzuha.

‍ ‍ ‍ "fuck it," you muttered, accelerating the car a bit before attempting to calm yourself. even though rindou had handed you a gun to scare the evil guys away, half of you was at ease despite the fact that you have no idea how to handle a gun. you've never been one for fighting, and you were fairly certain that the gun you were holding could kill someone if you weren't careful but then again, it's just one person, so what could possibly go wrong? and so, you sped up because you didn't want them to pursue you again. at this point, your hands were perspiring, your knees were trembling, and you felt tears welling up in the corners of your eyes

‍ ‍ ‍ it was already eleven pm when the wedding ended, though as soon as you changed back to your casual outfit, you felt someone following behind. unfortunately, today was not a lucky day for you. it appeared as though they knew when to show up so you wouldn't see them. "for fuck's sake, please pick up!" you cried, "i know you're still awake."

‍ ‍ ‍ drowning in your thoughts, the man you were trying to call just seconds ago finally picked up his phone with a loud sigh. did the gods finally hear your prayers? a moment of silence was all that was heard from the other end and for a split second the sound of a waterfall could be heard before it was quiet once again. the line was silent for several moments as he held back the urge to bang his head against the wall behind him. "what do you want? i'm in the middle of showering."

‍ ‍ ‍ "please do me a favor, i think someone's following me. i'm not scared but shit- are they going to kill me?" you gulped, trying to calm yourself as you tighten your grip on the steering wheel.

‍ ‍ ‍ "you had to tell that just now? tell me the location."

‍ ‍ ‍ "i don't know, i'm lost!"

‍ ‍ ‍ "you better be joking."

‍ ‍ ‍ "dying sounds great though."

‍ ‍ ‍ "shut up." with that, rindou ended the call.

‍ ‍ ‍ blinking once, then twice, there was a pure silence. fortunately, you made the decision to briefly pause at the convenience shop because there was no sign of the car behind, as if it had disappeared. as soon as you open it, a bell chimes over your head, and the aroma of chocolate along with the fresh air conditioner fills the space, making you want to sniff the entire area. you pulled out your phone and started browsing your texts. there wasn't any. you let out a sigh as a wave of headache overcame you; the coldness on your hand didn't go away either.

‍ ‍ ‍ "excuse me, can i ask where is this place?"

‍ ‍ ‍ you asked the lady smoking outside, she wore a simple white that was tucked in her black pants. there was a long pause before she finally side-eyed you, purposely puffing the smoke in front of your face. the cold breeze that came from the wind traveled through your body, spotting no civilians at the place other than you. she took another drag of her cigarette before blowing out another cloud of smoke in your direction again. "this? a place where dangerous people, don't trust everyone you see here."

‍ ‍ ‍ you're fucked up.

‍ ‍ ‍ the corner of the blonde-haired lady's lips quirked up before you could escape, the female had already knocked you to the ground by grabbing you through the hair. her lips twitched upwards. you instantly felt something sharp slicing through your flesh with such ferocity that it tore open wide. due to the intense pain coursing through your body, you screamed as loud as you could and sobbed. instead of allowing dread to consume you, you took control by secretly singing the alphabet song to yourself and grabbing the revolver that was concealed on your body. you fired it quickly with unwavering aim, but you dared not turn to face her. she groaned loudly, blood trickling down from her shoulder with fury blazing in her eyes.

‍ ‍ ‍ you tried to speak, but nothing but a loud grunt came out. it seemed as though you were about to lose your hearing, and the ringing agony in your ears didn't go away all that quickly. your tears were burning and stinging so bad that you tried to blink them away. you looked away when you heard a soft giggle and saw an angelic-looking girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes grinning at you. there was nothing you could do to stop her.

‍ ‍ ‍ oh, how dumb are you to fire a gun for the first time near your ears.

‍ ‍ ‍ your gaze started to look faze but you didn't want to look weak and with shaky legs, you ran over through the dark street. almost letting out a scream, the sight of the blonde following you with the same speed was enough for your heart to drop.

‍ ‍ ‍ a car sped past at her as she wasn't able to dodge it, everything happened quickly that you find it difficult to remember how it started. before you knew it, the blonde's body was crushed in the center of the car's wheel with blood dripping to the chilly cemented ground. it was a memory that your mind couldn't keep up with; they played in your head like a movie on repeat, and if you needed something else, just a change, or a distraction, maybe then the movie could cease. the scarlet blood streamed down your face caused by your bleeding hairline as you stood there watching, paralyzed at the scene around you, the red liquid that belonged to the blonde-haired stained the pavement in front of you. when the sound of footsteps approaching from behind you and the smell of smoke suddenly filled the air, you were pulled out from your trance.

‍ ‍ ‍ "y/n!" the black-haired stepped outside the car, walking towards you with an angry expression. his footsteps are slow and careful, like he is moving underwater, making sure that every part of him is perfectly aligned. perhaps this boy had come here to seek comfort, but it appears to have served no purpose other than keeping you safe away from their foe.

‍ ‍ ‍ "y/n!" the black-haired stepped outside the car, running towards you with an angry expression.

‍ ‍ ‍ "that was fast." you whispered.

‍ ‍ ‍ "are you out of your mind? you could've died," rindou shouted, placing a hand on your shoulder as he pulled you closer to him. face bumping on his chest, he smells nice. it was an odd feeling, but not unpleasent at all and you found yourself relaxing into it. "for now, stay away from your house. it's not safe, i'll drive you to our house instead."

KEISUKYU:
LMAO AHSHSHSHS THIS
WAS SO CRINGE NO MATTER
HOW MANY TIMES I REVISE IT,
IT LOOKS SO GOOFY AHAHAHWJJW
b

ut please be patient, i've been
wanting to write this ff for the plot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 1.8K 15
this story doesn't contain any smuts or any romantic relationships with other characters😊
4.2K 322 5
𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔. . . . . 𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗨𝗧𝘧𝒐𝘭𝘭𝒐𝘸𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝒐𝘳𝘺 𝒐𝘧 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝒐 ...
207K 10.7K 62
SEQUEL TO SUGARBABY All the photos included in here as well as the book cover are not my artworks. If you're the artist and you don't want your artwo...
62.5K 2.6K 34
❝ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs ❞ ↳ fake dating trope with a twist ;) ✦ Koko x fem.reader 𖦹 𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙢 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙢𝙪𝙩, 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙣...