VERDICT OF LOVE

By favourakpofure

"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunne... More

characters names
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End ?)
Surprise Chapter
New Read

Chapter 11

25.5K 613 39
By favourakpofure

Recap

Chance glares at her before responding "she is my fiancee" he declares openly.

His words rang in my ear making my heart thunder and my body feel numb in a state of shock.

I felt deluded and deteriorated and this feeling maims in a thousand ways.

Present :

His words echo in my mind leaving me stupefied and bewildered making my mind go into overdrive.

The plates in my hands shatter to the floor, the sound echoes making me gasp snapping me from my thoughts.

My heart breaks into million pieces echoing within my body piercing into my pride and self-esteem.

I got on my knees without thinking picking up the broken pieces with my shaking hands " let me take care of this" Louis says helping me up.

I blink back the tears while trying to avoid his eyes "no I will do this, it's just a plate" I say walking towards the stairs to find a brush.

I clean my mess fully aware of everyone watchful eyes on me " your fiancee, I see" Emma says anger evident in her voice" you must be Samantha Rosaline Atlas the daughter of Matthew Atlas who deals in the distribution of electric appliances "

I knew she looks oddly familiar, her dad has been a partner to Colt (Chance's father) over the years now, I have only seen her on the papers but she more is elegant physical.

"yes and you must be Emmalynn Harley Hector, " she says curiously.

I took a new plate from the cabinet before walking into the dining room placing them on the table avoiding eye contact as possible.

"you are pregnant," she says sounding amazed.

I sit between Louis and Damian choosing to keep quiet "yeah we can all see that " Emma says staring at her like she is the most ridiculous person ever.

I gave Emma a look before glancing at her with a polite smile " yes I am pregnant "

"is it from a one-night stand? " she asks dubiously with raised eyebrows.

I cough awkwardly serving a little portion of food on my plate "Um... Yeah, I was trying to loosen up, be a big girl, doing something crazy" I say fumbling with my food.

"oh too bad I hope you learned from your mistake and you have to be grateful to my baby here for letting you stay," she says sweetly before kissing Chance on his cheek.

"I am actually running late for my scheduled class this evening so please excuse me " I mutter pushing my chair back before walking up the stairs towards my room.

Immediately I push the door closed my wall came crumbling down, my body quake with sobs" why? why? " I cried for my lost love.

This is the verdict I get for loving him, he got engaged just because I refused to abort this baby.

It hurts loving someone and having dreams to live happily with that someone, accomplishing goals together but ending up watching that someone do these things with someone who isn't you.

Walking into the bathroom I watch my face with water while avoiding looking at the mirror.

I refuse to look in the mirror and see disappointment looking right back at me, I refuse to look in the mirror to see how broken I have become, I refuse to look into the mirror to see how helpless I have become to find failure in myself.

I refuse to look in the mirror to find my mother's eyes staring back at me telling me I told you so.

I dry my face with a hand towel before blinking to ease the aching of my eyes from crying.

I decided to put on a shade to hide the evidence of ever crying before walking out of my room.

I walk into the dining room the tension between them is so thick, a knife could cut through " I am leaving," I announce walking as fast as I could, out of the room to avoid the tension in the room.

Chance POV:

I watch her run out of the room, I could not bring myself to look into her eyes to find distress and hurt.

But I have to do this for her sake to protect her if it means breaking her heart.

She will heal in time and move on from me. I feel angry at myself for causing her this much pain and betraying her love for me.

"Chance what is this? " Emma snaps glaring at me with fervor.

I lock my gaze with hers not finding any words to justify my actions so far" how could you do this" she says yelling.

I notice Damien trying to calm her down but she jerk off her seat making the chair fall back loudly to the floor" I won't let you do this " she says a hidden promise in her words before walking towards the front door leaving us staring at her as she walks out the door.

I felt irritated mostly at myself "let's go " I say to Samantha before standing up to leave while trying to hold my anger at bail.

I took the key of my car from the key holder before unlocking my car and getting in.

I waited for Samantha to get in before driving off towards Samantha's home.

The drive was silent with me ignoring everything she says or asks. Immediately she got down from the car I drove without saying goodbye because I really need to speak with Mum before I go crazy knowing she must be back from her trip.

I park the car in the garage of my Dad's mansion before putting the engine to a stop, I step down slamming the door shut walking towards the house receiving greetings from two guards by the door, I ring the doorbell before being opened by Lisa the oldest maid working for us, she is more like a family to us since she was my nanny, she should be in her forties now " welcome young master " she says smiling.

She pulls the door wider for me to come in" is Mum home? " I ask her as she moved going back into the kitchen.

"yes she is working from home today," she answers with a smile playing on her lip.

I thank her before walking up the stairs towards her room, I knock on her door "come in" she says.

I push the door open before entering to find her sitting cross-legged on her bed with papers laying on the bed and a laptop resting in front of her.

She has her hair parked neatly into a bun dressed in a blue and black dotted shirt and black jeans.

She grins widely "hey son I was thinking you won't come to see me after I returned from my trip," she says with a smirk playing on her lips.

I frown my eyebrows pulling a seat from the desk in her room before sitting beside her "don't do, that Mum I was trying to solve some pending issues " I say taking her hands in mine.

"Is everything okay? " she asks worriedly holding my hands tightly in hers.

I haven't yet told her about Shiloh's pregnancy because she was on a business trip but my Dad knew before I could disclose everything " I have something I need to tell you" I say focusing my gaze on our joint hands.

"Shiloh is pregnant, " I say dryly before staring into her eyes full of surprise and amusement at least she is not disappointed.

"wow, that is good news even though I was expecting you guys to get married first but all the same it means we have to get prepared for the wedding and my grandchildren," she says grinning widely, her eyes sparkling with excitement until she sees the expression on my face"there is more, right? "she inquiries.

I nod my head before replying " Mr. Dante sent her out of his house confiscated her bank account, credit cards, and even her car but he stills pays for her tuition" I say sadly feeling angry that he could do something like that.

"OMG, how could he do something like that," she says stunned and bewildered "and what is her mother doing about all this? " she asks curiously.

"she actually called me after everything to take Shiloh in for the meantime" I shrug.

"that woman would never learn, living her pregnant daughter out on the street, " she says angrily balling her hand into a fist.

She never gets along with Mrs. Dante because they are rivals getting at each other neck at every given time" Mum don't let your anger rule your better judgment" I say trying to make her see reason here and not just get angry.

"I know but I feel for Shiloh, she has always been like an alien in that family and this is just too much," she says sadly her voice cracking a bit.

Mum loves Shiloh like a daughter and being a support to her since we started dating " I did something to hurt her even more" I continue bowing my head in shame.

"Chance what did you do?" she asked warily.

"I took Samantha home and introduce her as my fiancee," I say reluctantly.

"why would you do that? you never dated Sam. You don't even get along with her but now you are engaged to her? " she asks stopping momentarily like she solved a puzzle before saying " your Dad is behind all this" she says matter of fact.

I blink twice " Mum no, this is all my idea, I am doing this for Shiloh's sake," I say surprised by what she came up with.

"And why do you think this the best solution?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

I exhale shakily finding the best way to answer her question " I am not sure Mom. I am flustered by everything and I really don't know what am doing anymore " I say running my hands through my hair feeling frustrated.

She pulled me into her embrace while I rest my head on her shoulder savoring her embrace.

She pats my hair softly" only what I can tell you right now is try and figure this out the right way before you make the wrong decision" she says softly "don't do what would make you lose her and your baby forever because that verdict you would come to regret forever" she withdraws from the embrace with a smile on her lip " I need to see Shiloh I can only imagine what she would be going through right now, " she says thoughtfully.

"Mum please don't tell her about anything we discussed," I prompt.

"Trust me son this is between us," she says with a warm smile before a smirk appears on her lips" Okay, you are having dinner with me," she says standing from the bed.

" I have to get going it is dark already," I say laughing lightly before leaving the room with her leading the way.

"exactly, that the more reason for you to stay and your father would be joining us immediately he gets back from work," she says leaving no room for argument.

I grin widely at her feeling a little bit at ease after speaking with her " I won't be eating much"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 874 39
"You seriously think that you can run away from me?" He sniggered darkly. His obsession, his madness over me peeped at me through his eyes. Taking l...
950K 24.6K 33
"You are no wife to me, you got it!? I'm marrying you because of circumstances and the sooner you feed it in your brain the better it will be for you...
1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
568K 18.1K 54
Sequel to Mr Reigns The room echoed despite the fact that it was filled with furniture and papers spread everywhere. The doctor who was sitting in fr...