burning desire || klance au

By Just_a_dreamer_457

demon!keith x human!lance Lance continued to stare standing frozen in his shoes "there's- wha- what the quiz... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Added Fluff pt 1

Chapter 5

974 35 9
By Just_a_dreamer_457

burning desire
chapter five
|| immature mistakes ||
[Keith]

Keith groaned. "It's like the first few weeks all over againnn" He whined to Shiro, who only patting Keith's head in response. Veronica and Maria had stopped asking about Keith. It was as he didn't exist in their world because frankly, he didn't exist in Lances world.

One day Pidge and Lance were hanging out doing chemistry homework when Pidge started sneezing uncontrollably "what the heck.. Lance you don't have a cat do you? " Lance shook his head "nope" Pidge sneezed again looking around Lance's bedroom "there's cat fur in your bed" she deadpanned. Lance simply shrugged ignoring the her statement.

Pidge tilted her head "has the demon thing gotten to you buddy you've been acting up every since Keit-" Lance cut her off "don't even...it has nothing to do with him I haven't even seen him in what a month or three...who's counting"

Pidge raised an eyebrow. "Really? Why not? I mean, it'd be pretty handy to have a demon to do anything you want? You could totally take advantage of it." She pointed out, stroking her chin thoughtfully.

Lance shrugged "we didn't exactly leave things on good terms" Pidge sighed. "That doesn't matter though, does it? No matter how angry he is, he'll still have to do things for you" Lance clenched his fists "I don't need him to do my bidding Pidge he owns my soul and he's a prick can't you just drop it "

Pidge sighed. "Fine fine." She held her arms up in surrender and went back to the homework. Lance took a deep breath "I'm sorry I got angry it's just I thought I liked him and it's frustrating cause he's... well...a demon". Pidge looked over at him. "Oh." She stated bluntly. "That sucks." She nodded. "But doesn't mean you'd want to apologize and make things better?"

"he's a demon pidge" Lance deadpanned "d e m o n". Pidge sighed. "But he owns your soul? For the rest of your life? So why not just make it a good life?". Lance looked at Pidge and nodded slowly "you really are the brains aren't you... "

She smirked and fixed her glasses. "Yep." Lance scratched his neck "well I can't do much if you're here". Pidge blinked. "Oh- should I go then?" She tilted her head. Lance smiled sheepishly "if you don't mind"

Pidge smirked and nodded, packing up her things. "I'll see you later Lance". Lance waved walking his friend out "thanks again Pidge" when Pidge left Lance ran right back up to his room sitting down and thinking about what he was gonna say. "Keith" Lance whispered.

Keith groaned. "Shirooooo I don't wanna gooooo" He whined, trying to reach out to his brother as he faded and appeared in Lance's room. When Keith appeared Lance froze up 'say something' he thought but he couldn't think of anything to say "uhm"

Keith crossed his arms raising an eyebrow, floating in the middle of Lance's room. "What do you want?" he spat. Lance sighed rubbing his arm "uhm I just want to um talk...cause of our fight... last... time" Keith sighed quietly, narrowing his eyes at him. "Then start talking"

Lance looked at Keith and nodded "I'm sorry for overreacting and ignoring you for the second time.. I was... immature" Keith sighed and nodded. "Right...?" Lance bit his lip "so can we be cool? "

Keith raised an eyebrow. "Cool? Yeah...we can be cool" He hummed, nodding. Lance nodded "well.. okay.. thanks for coming.. even though you don't really have any power over it sorry if I interrupted something" Keith nodded again. "Yeah yeah. Did you need anything else?"

Lance thought for a second "uhh" 'just tell him' "no, thanks... you're free to go" Keith nodded, eyeing Lance weirdly. "Alright..." He slowly disappeared from sight. Lance yelled grumpily getting out his phone and texting Pidge.

4:46pm
Lance: so we talked..

Pidge raised an eyebrow and checked her phone.

4:47pm
Pidge: And?? Is he like your personal sex demon or something?

Lance choked seeing Pidge's reply

4:49pm
Lance: what!? no no i just apologized he doesn't even know how I feel

Pidge sighed and shook her head at her phone.

4:49pm
Pidge: What a shame. Can't he read your mind or something?

4:50pm
Lance: only if i ask him to, i think... i assume.. well he stopped reading my mind last time i asked so i... i'll ask at some point.

4:52pm
Pidge: Oh- mkay then

Pidge sighed and flopped on her bed

Lance laughed at himself wondering when he'd become so useless. The tan boy picked up his phone and texted Pidge one more time

4:45pm
Lance: even though you made me lose my soul to a demon you're a great friend pidgeon

4:46pm
Pidge: :P i know loser

Pidge smiles genuinely, taking a screenshot for a later time. Lance puts his phone down and stared at the ceiling smiling softly to himself

~ two months later ~

After a boring last day of school Lance walked out of the school gates sighing exhausted from the full day. Hunk followed him out the gate walking along side Lance. "So Lance what are your plans over the school break?" Hunk smiled genuinely at his friend.

Lance simply shrugged "not quite sure yet, we should definitely hang out though" Hunk laughed "uh duh we always do I meant like are you going away?" Lance shook his head "no I don't think so" the blue eyed boy looked at his friend who continued to radiate positive energy. "Aren't you going to hang with Shay? " Hunk sighed content "yep". As the two boys walked and talked they eventually reached Hunks house "well I'll see you later man" Lance gave Hunk a hug before going on his way.

The night grew close as Lance almost neared his neighborhood. It wasn't until a tall guy approached Lance that his heart started to race. "what's a pretty boy like you doing out here? " the guys voice was deep and he gave off a shady vibe. Eventually when Lance didn't respond two other men joined him.

"what have we here" one of them asked smiling his crooked smile "he's a pretty one probably has a ton of cash on him if he's going somewhere with a backpack that big" Lance's heart rate intensified but he tried to remain calm "leave me alone" he growled through gritted teeth.

"oh come on pretty boy we're all friends here" the one whom spoke walked towards Lance grabbing his chin "don't make this difficult". Just as Lance was about to run another one of the men came up behind Lance holding him hostage "let me go!" he yelled.

Lance struggled but it was no use, so like anyone would, he started panicking making his movements weak and predicable 'Keith we need Keith' his mind insisted. "Keith! Please Keith hurry! " the taller man covered Lance's mouth with his dirty hand "now now what did I just say"

Keith blinked and sighed, quickly walking out of a random alley, looking completely normal, as usual. He yawned, walking out, his eyes closed. "What homework do you need me to do no- oh shit-" He opened an eye, looking between the man and Lance.

Looking bored, he sprouted wings and his horns, his tail flicking behind him lazily as his eyes glinted madly. He seemed to almost flicker and disappear, before reappearing wholly. Once he looked solid again, the head of the man who was holding Lance slid off cleanly and rolled towards Keith as the body crumpled to the ground.

He hummed quietly, walking over to the body and plunging his hand straight into the man's chest, pulling something wispy out. He tipped his head back and dropped the thing in his mouth, swallowing it whole. The raven turned to the tall man who's entire body was shaking as Keith walked up to him repeating his action from before.

Lance backed away only to bump into the third guy who grabbed Lance and started moving towards his car. "K-Keith! " Lance yelled too paralyzed to struggle. "god damn it kid shut up you're gonna get me killed" the guy shoved Lance into the back of his car locking this doors.

Keith snarled, shooting off to the third guy, not bothering to kill him before eating his soul. Once he finished, he ripped the door of the car open and looked down at Lance. "Are you okay?"

Lance's breaths were shaking and uneven his ears were ringing and he couldn't quite see clearly "I-I'm fine". Lance had, had a panic attack before but not to this scale. He tried to calm himself down best he could, taking plenty of deep breaths "th..thank you Keith"

Keith nodded. "I'm going to pick you up now." He stated quietly, waiting for Lance to make sure it was okay to touch him. Lance nodded slowly looking up at Keith. "okay.. ". Keith hummed quietly and bent over, scooping Lance up easily and carrying him out of the car. He began walking back to Lance's house, not wanting to be seen.

Lance's vision cleared and the ringing stopped by his heart wouldn't stop racing. Thoughts flooded Lance's tired mind like what would have happened had he not called for Keith? Determined Keith continued to walk, getting to Lance's house quickly. He knocked on the door, still keeping Lance in his arms

Veronica was the one to open the door "Hello- oh my gosh Lance! " Veronica moved aside making room for Keith to come in. "Mama is out at the supermarket with Marco and Rachel what.. what happened? "

Keith stepped inside, looking around and setting Lance down on the couch. "He got attacked and I believe he may be recovering from a panic attack." Lance reached out and held onto Keith's wrist.Veronica sighed "wow thank you so much for bringing him home how'd you find him? "

Keith tilted his head and sat down next to Lance. "He was coming back from school and I heard him shout from a block away or something." He shrugged

The brunette smiled gratefully "we owe you big time" Veronica went to go carry Lance to his room but Lance only shook his head and sobbed out a quiet "no". His older sister furrowed looking at how Lance was holding onto Keith. "could you take him up to his room I'll tell mama when she gets back"

Keith shushed Lance gently and looked at Veronica. "Yeah, of course." He nodded, looking at Lance. "Can you walk, or do you want me to carry you?" He asked softly, rubbing his back gently. Lance smiled weakly and tried standing on his own but his legs were wobbly and gave out forcing him to collapse "um would you mind carrying me.."

Keith nodded, easily scooping Lance up again and carrying him up the stairs, quietly entering Lance's room and setting him gently on the bed. He took Lance's backpack, frowning at it. "I got blood on it..."

Lance hummed pointing to his blood stained shirt "yeah you did decapitate a man who was holding me". Keith frowned deeper. "I'm sorry..." Lance looked at Keith bewildered "you saved my life why are you apologizing". Keith tilted his head "I got blood on your shirt...I'm usually not so messy. So, I am sorry"

The blue eyed boy shook his head finally being able to breathe "don't sweat it, I have hundreds of shirts and I have 2 other school bags" Keith blinked and furrowed his eyebrows, very confused. "why?". Lance stared back at Keith "in case of emergency, duh"

"But so much...?" Keith raced to Lance's drawers, opening one quickly "so much...?". Lance took a deep breath "it's not the first time I've had a blood stained shirt". Keith deadpanned and spun around. "When else have you had a blood stained shirt?"

Lance shrunk into his bed as much as possible "you can't make fun of me but... I got into a few fights last year and the beginning of this year..nothing big but let's just say I never won. Not that it was ever a fair fight anyway"

Keith growled and raced back to Lance, grabbing his collar. "who hurt you?" He asked sharply. "what are their names". Lance whimpered in slight pain "they're not important it was a long time ago". He let Lance go, staring at him "who. hurt. you?" he demanded crossing his arms. "Keith they're just some kids from school".

"What are they're names!?" he almost shrieked. Lance frowned "I don't know them all just the main asshole was James Griffin, total ass... why what are you planning to do?"

"James Griffin.." Keith murmured to himself, memorizing the name, before looking back to Lance. "Nothing" he stated simply shrugging. Lance quirked an eyebrow "then why'd you want his name?". Keith looked away innocently, "no reason".

"bullshit Keith you're a demon there has to be a reason-" Lance stopped himself whimpering "-oh for fuck sake". Keith looked back at him narrowing his eyes. "what?" he hissed sitting down on the bed next to him. Lance held a hand to his head and the other to his ribs "nothing just the headache". Keith nodded slowly his eyes trailing down to the hand on Lance's ribs. "...anything else?"

The cuban boy looked off to the side "..no..I'm fine thanks". Narrowing his eyes at the smaller boy Keith huffed "I call bullshit. What's wrong" Lance sighed "fine. it's nothing really... but... when that last guy grabbed me I think he held onto me a little too tightly" he trailed off tracing circles on to the bed sheets beneath him.

Keith nodded and grabbed Lance's shirt, lifting it so he could trace over the boy's ribs, examining them for any major injuries. Lance shifted uncomfortably "Keith I'm fine really they're just....tender? I dunno but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle"

Keith's violet eyes met Lance's blue one in a glare "They could also be broken" he stated, pressing down slightly. "does this hurt?". Lance whined and slapped Keith's hand "ouch yes! that does but... it can't be too serious"

"hey!" Keith retracted his hand frowning. "it can be" he huffed. "I suck at healing magic...mainly because I'm me...but I'll see what I can do". Lance cursed under his breath "I know your stuck with me n all but why do you care so much"

Keith sighed "Because the better I take care of you, the better your soul tastes" he stated "-also Shiro said I have to.." he hummed quietly. Lance sat up doing nothing good for his injured ribs "so your just doing this for yourself..."

Keith rolled his eyes "Lie down again" he huffed. Lance crossed his arms huffing "you're avoiding the question Keith"

"lie down Lance" Keith deadpanned, gently pushing Lance's shoulders down. Lance's breath hitched as he laid back down. He grumbled something under his breath and glared at the ceiling pouting like a small child.

Keith ignored his grumbles and glares, placing his hands gently on Lance's sides closing his eyes and muttering something. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes and removed his hands. "do you feel an better?"

Lance sat up pushing down on his ribs again "yeah actually...whoa, thanks Keith". Keith blinked, looking quite shocked "really?". Lance winced but nodded "well.. they don't hurt as much if that counts" Keith grinned crookedly, sharp fangs pushing through his lips. "cool".

Lance moved closer to Keith looking at the sharp fangs. Slowly he reached up and cupped Keith's cheek as the concentrated on the fangs. Keith blinked, but let him do so opening his mouth to reveal the full length of the fangs.

"holy shit" Lance stayed close to Keith looking at him in awe. Keith tried saying something though it was very clear, as his mouth was still open. Lance leaned back slightly "ha what?"

Keith closed his mouth, licking over his fangs once. "if you think these are impressive, you should see Shiro's" He shook his head chuckling. Lance shrugged and shook his head "nah I think yours are perfectly sized"

The pale skinned demon blinked, prodding at one of them "Really?" Lance smiled slightly "yeah" Keith smiled crookedly "heh thanks" Lance shrugged "you're welcome". Neither had moved away from the other a blush grew over tan skin as Keith leaned in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

haha! ohhh what's gonna happen??
nothing :)
or something you'll have to wait n see

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 49 20
Keith had always been different. He always avoided as much contact with people as possible. Even as a Paladin of Voltron, he never tried to connect w...
200K 5.3K 30
"S-Stay, p-please," Keith mumbled, hiding his face in his pillow. Lance nodded climbing beside the small boy. Keith turned to face him, his face flus...
2.8K 74 21
Keith woke up and thought it was a normal day but after a deal with a witch everything changes for him and lance for better or worse you'll see (sorr...
781 20 43
Lance deals with the overbearing past that stopped him from ever wanting to sing again. However, he always missed the days in his musical career when...