Blood is Thicker

By xoxo_NICOLE_xoxo

Bonds are tested, trust is lost, relationships are torn... See what happens when you are stuck between your b... More

Characters
Chapter 1: The Queen
Chapter 2: The Muscle
Chapter 3: The Run In
Chapter 4: The Messiah
Chapter 5: The Night Cap
Chapter 6: The Visit
Chapter 7: I Like Him
Chapter 8: My Brother
Chapter 9: Tell Them the Truth
Chapter 10:Me and my Girlfriend
Chapter 11: Secrets on the Table
Chapter 12: Queen Bitch
Chapter 13: Be Careful
Chapter 14: Lonely
Chapter 15: Half on a Baby
Chapter 16: Busted
Chapter 17: War
Chapter 19: I Want His Head
Chapter 20: Torture
Chapter 21: Get Away

Chapter 18: Blood is Thicker than Water

283 12 3
By xoxo_NICOLE_xoxo

I watched my phone buzz as Brooks continued to blow my line. I don't want to speak to him. He has ruined my family, ruined our name, and ruined my life. How could he kill his own people? How could he be so bold to kill my brother? I know for a fact my child is going to be one fatherless child, because I'm going to put a bullet in his head myself.

"Did you call Messiah?" Cain came down the stairs with a black duffel over his shoulder. I knew what was in it by the sound it made as he tossed it on the couch next to me.

"You didn't tell me to. What do I need to do?" I unzipped the bag and saw all the guns I knew were stored in there. I saw my beautiful silver 9 mm staring back at me. I reached for it, but Cain slapped my hand.

"I want you to call Messiah. Tell him to bring his ass and leave the bullshit," Cain ordered. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Okay, but can I get my gun? I am riding out, right?" I squinted my eyes. Cain is playing himself if he thinks I'm not going to handle business. He bugging really hard.

"Shorty, you not about to get you and my nephew or niece killed. Let Messiah and I be men alone," Cain grabbed my gun and tucked it away. I heard a hard knock at the door, causing me to jump.

"It's me. I'm ready to go handle business," I heard Messiah. Cain frowned slightly. I guess they weren't on good terms yet. Cain just stood there staring at the door. He stared as if he was looking at a ghost.

"Aren't you going to open the door?" I asked him.

"Open up, man. I'm ready," Messiah spoke again. Cain put his finger over his lips to silence me. He was scaring me now.

I jumped up from the couch and stood by his side. Cain has never looked this terrified. I wasn't with him the day they took Duke down, but I can only imagine this is how he looked.

"What's wrong?" I snatched my gun from him and pointed it towards the door. His fear is whatever was on the other side of the door.

"Messiah isn't alone." He grabbed a gun from the bag and pointed it towards the door. "Go out through the back."

I wasn't going to have two more brothers killed. I'm not going any damn where.

"I'm staying with you." I whined.

"Open the fucking door, Cain! I know Queen isn't in there!" Messiah yelled, agitatedly. I looked up at Cain and his poor mouth hung low. He looked at me and then back at the door.

"He wants you to leave because someone has a gun to his head. I've been around Messiah too long. He wouldn't have said your name if he didn't want you gone. Be smart and leave. They killed one of us off guard. We won't allow that to happen this time," Cain said. A single tear fell down his smooth cheek. I felt nauseous and sad all at once. I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I want to have the family that I still have.

"Trust me," He said. I grabbed my phone and headed towards the back door. But that was just my luck. I saw Brooks' boys lingering in the back.

"I can't leave. They are all around the house," I told Cain. He just looked at me. I knew that he didn't know what to do. He knew he wanted to let Messiah in before it was too late.

"I'm coming!" Cain called. I leaned against the wall with not one a clue. I don't know what's going to happen when we open that door. I do know that Brooks do not want to see me right now.

Cain approached the door and I held my gun cocked. He slowly opened and stood in my view. I couldn't shoot if I wanted to. Cain stood in front of my gun like he knew what he was doing.

"Move!" I screamed.

"Get down!" He yelled. He turned to run towards me with messiah behind him. But one of them fell. When my brother hit the ground, my heart hit the ground. I shot in the direction of the shooting. Cain grabbed me and carried me up the stairs. I watched Messiah try to crawl up the stairs, but someone with black boots stood over him and placed a bullet in his head. His body jerked, causing mine to jerk. It's like another piece of me left.

Cain threw me onto the floor in his room and slammed the door. I threw up on his floor as the tears fell down my cheek. He kicked the door and looked around the room. He had no time to cry for Messiah. He had to save two and a half people right now.

"Get up and crawl down the balcony!" He ordered. I tried picking my body up, but I couldn't. My blurry eyes wouldn't let me see.

"What are you going to do?" I cried. He threw the covers back on his bed and snatched the sheets. He tied them together and tied them to the balcony door.

"Climb down and you should land on the patio roof. Jump from that motherfucker and run! Don't come back for me, Queen!" He ordered. I looked at Cain like he lost his mind, because he clearly did. He can't be serious. One brother is in the ground. The other brother is in his corridor with about eight holes in him. Now he thinks I'm going to leave his side.

"Blood is thicker than water. I love you too much," I told him. He held my hand and pulled me into this emotional ass hug. I felt like this was the end of the Norwoods. If this is going to be the end, Baltimore is going to remember this.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Where are you, Queen?" I could hear Brooks from the hallway. His footsteps weren't alone. It sounded like he was with about five people. It sent chills down my body to actually see my brother's lifeless body downstairs. I can't even see how Cain managed to hold Duke in his arms until he died.

"They out number us," I whispered. Cain shoved me towards the balcony as he followed.

"Climb down," he ordered. I frowned and looked down. The blanket didn't even go halfway to the patio roof.

"Are you coming down?" I asked.

"Yes."

I tugged at the sheets and they weren't sturdy at all. I got a better chance at jumping and landing on my feet. He knew just like I knew, the only way we are leaving this house alive is if we had that duffel of guns downstairs.

"Go!" He snapped.

I grabbed the sheets, causing the balcony door to shake, slightly. I put the first foot over and Cain helped with the other leg.

"Cain, I'm not feeling this," I cried out. I was dangling from his balcony with a long fall to the patio roof. I looked down and could almost faint. It was so cold outside but my body was on fire.

"Just shimmy down the sheets. I'm coming down after you. We both gone jump from the patio roof," he assured me.

I wiggled my body down the sheets and I could still see his face looking down at me. I looked down to the roof and could see the sheets were almost to an end. I did what my brother told me to do and let go. I fell to the roof, but luckily I got up quickly. I looked up at Cain with a huge smile. He smirked as he climbed down the sheets. Before I knew it, we were back together again. He hugged me as he stood next to me on the roof.

"Let me jump first, so you won't have to land directly on the ground," he said. I looked down and saw nothing but grass. There is no way we are going to survive this jump with no broken bones.

"You're going to hurt yourself," I frowned. Catching me off guard, he jumped as if he was jumping to his death. My body froze as I was scared to look at the ground.

"She in here!" I heard someone yell. I looked up to Cain's balcony and saw one of Brooks's boys. Without thinking twice, I jumped. I jumped right into Cain's arms. He had his arms open wide for me.

"Let's go!" I panicked as I ran without another warning. I ran through the trees in the back of the house with Cain running behind me. We ran through some huge houses and ended up on the next street.

I stopped once I realized we had nowhere to go. Cain stopped and looked around. At least the coast was clear for now.

"Where are we going to go? We can't go to the warehouse. We can't go to my home. We can't even go to Messiah's home," I spoke.

Just speaking of Messiah made my heart tear a little more. I knew Cain was messed up about it, but he didn't have time to show emotions.

"Let's think long and hard," Cain spoke. My mind could only go to two people. And one of them was not worth trusting.

"We have Nicki or Mr. Morino," I said. Cain frowned. I knew I was tripping. Cain doesn't even trust anyone but me at this point.

"I don't trust Nicki and I don't know Mr. Morino," He said. 

"That man is in love with me. He would get them Italian mobsters on Brooks' ass in a heartbeat. He lives right next door to me," I said. Plus this would give me a chance to see Molly.

"Fuck that! Let's hit up Morino ass." Cain tried flagging the first car he saw. The car slowed down and let his passenger side window down.

"Can I help you two?" He asked. He was a clean cut white guy who looked like money. I know he's going to take us where we need to be.

"Can you take us to my sister's home," Cain nudged me. "She lives at 305 Maple Circle."

"Well get your behinds in! It's freezing out there!" The guy said. Cain jumped in the front while I hopped in the back. This guy doesn't even know he's carrying two of America's Most Wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

N@A By The White

Mystery / Thriller

894 95 23
HI! I'm Amelia. The river of life flows in a rhythm. That rhythm is common to all; Even a criminal. Love, sorrow, possession, loss, and loneliness ar...
146K 7.5K 27
𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧' 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛�...
17.7K 812 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
1.9M 58.1K 35
❝ You deserve the love you keep giving to everyone else. ❞ - The first emotion to fill Victoria Hunt when she was told about her father and step moth...