Three Kisses ✔️

By greyfarrell

Without hesitation I crashed my lips to his. He was too surprised to kiss back at first, but he quickly reco... More

Disclaimer
Spoilers / Promotion
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue
Bonus Scene: The Proposal
Spin Off
Other Books & Where To Find Me!
Q&A - Answers

Chapter Twenty

78.5K 2.5K 959
By greyfarrell

I was disappointed when we pulled into my driveway. I had so much fun at Diner Diner with Liam and I didn't want it to end.

"Thanks for bringing me to the Diner. It really got my mind off of school and all the drama that comes with it." I said, prolonging my time with Liam.

He gave me a small smile, "No problem. I had a lot of fun, that place is really cool."

I grinned at his response, I'm glad someone else thinks it's great too. Most of the time people think Diner Diner is childish and lame.

"I should go." I muttered, although I really didn't want to. Something about Liam was making me feel safe and happy, but once I stepped out of his car I'd be back to reality and worried about school tomorrow and all the gang stuff that hasn't been resolved yet.

He nodded in agreement, "We should do that again though. Go back to Diner Diner I mean."

"Yeah, we should." I agreed, then opened the door and got out.

"See you tomorrow." I bid him goodbye, closing the car door once I heard his "Bye."

I quickly made my way up the driveway and smiled when I noticed dad's car. I haven't really talked to him much lately, maybe we could watch a movie together or something. I miss him.

"I'm home." I called out once I entered the house and closed the door behind me.

"I'm in the living room." Dad called back.

I kicked off my shoes and headed for the living room without responding.

"How was school today?" He asked when I plopped down on the couch beside him.

"School was okay. I learnt some things, got some homework, the usual." I replied, withholding the part about kissing Liam and the rumours now going around about me. He doesn't need to know about that.

"Learn anything interesting?" He questioned.

I laughed, "Are we really going to talk about school?"

He laughed too, "I guess that's not the most entertaining topic."

There was a short pause between us before dad spoke again.

"So your birthday is coming up, do you have any plans yet?"

I sighed, October thirty-first, my birthday, also known as Halloween. As a kid no one ever wanted to come to my birthday parties because everyone goes trick or treating. And then once everyone got too old for that they all wanted to go to Halloween parties instead.

"I have no plans, like always." I answered. When I was younger it bothered me that I never got to celebrate my birthday but I got used to it.

I couldn't blame Steph and Lisa for wanting to party instead of hang out with me, and they always ask me if I wanted to go to parties with them, but I always said no. High school parties don't seem all that fun to me.

"We could have a Scream marathon. I'll take the day off of work and everything. It'll be just like when you were younger and we'd watch movies all day." Dad suggested and my heart warmed at how much he cared.

"That sounds perfect." I smiled at the idea of watching movies with my dad and eating a bunch of junk food.

"I can't believe my little girl is almost seventeen." Dad said, nostalgia lacing his tone, and it looked as if he was daydreaming about something. Probably remembering when I was younger.

I nodded in agreement, "Where's the time gone?" 

Less than two years of high school left and then I'm off to college and fending for myself. I'm going to be an adult soon and it's terrifying.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I suggested, pulling him out of his daydream.

He looked over at me and smiled, so much love shining in his blue eyes. The same eyes that I have.

"Sure kiddo."

• • • • • • •

"Exactly one week until your birthday. And I have a very special present for you." Dad said as he drove me to school the next morning.

He seems more excited for my birthday than I am.

"What is it?" I asked, trying to imagine what the gift could be.

He chuckled, "I can't tell you, it'll ruin the surprise."

I sighed in defeat and racked my brain for any hint as to what dad would think I want for my birthday. But I never mentioned wanting anything to him, so I don't know what he'd get me.

After a few more minutes of driving we pulled into the school parking lot and I sighed again once dad stopped the car. Now I have to face all the rumours Danielle is spreading about me.

"Have a good day kiddo." Dad said as I reached for the door handle.

"You too Dad." I replied as I opened the door.

He gave me one last smile once I was out of the car before driving off and leaving me to fend for myself against the school.

Even though it was early I decided to go straight to my locker and then class instead of waiting for Steph and Lisa like I usually do. It seems like the safest thing to do right now.

Unfortunately before I could quite make it to class three girls stopped me.

"You're Emma Burns right?" A girl with curly black hair asked. She stood in between the other two girls, holding a smoothie in a bedazzled cup, and from that alone I could already tell that this was about to get very cliché.

"Yeah, that's me." I replied, keeping my voice and face bored so they wouldn't see how much I was already dreading this conversation. I got that method from Liam.

"We're friends of Danielle, and I just wanted to say how messed up it was for you to take her boyfriend like that. It's totally against girl code." The same girl ranted, her two friends nodding along in agreement.

I suppressed an eye roll and kept my mouth shut, waiting for her to continue instead of arguing. An argument would get me nowhere.

When the girl noticed I wasn't going to defend myself she kept going, "I'm going to make your life a living hell for hurting my friend." She fiddled with the lid of her untouched smoothie as she spoke, but never took a sip.

This time I did roll my eyes, what is it with people trying to make my life a living hell? First Liam and now this girl. Who's next?

Before I could open my mouth to reply, the lid of the smoothie was off and the contents of the cup was being dumped over my head. Ice cold smoothie ran down my back and sent a shock through my system that made me gasp.

"What the hell!" I yelled, stepping away from her even though the damage was already done.

"I told you I'd make your life a living hell, that starts now." She explained, her voice sickly sweet, but her dark eyes were almost as cold as the smoothie.

"Let's go girls, now I have to get another smoothie." She spoke again, directing it at her friends as they turned to walk away.

"You wouldn't need another smoothie if you didn't dump yours on me." I mumbled to myself as they retreated.

What am I going to do now? My hair is filthy and my shirt is wet and stained. I can't go to class like this.

"Jesus Emma, what happened?" A deep voice asked from behind me.

I jumped at the sudden sound and turned around to face the culprit with a hand on my chest to calm my racing heart.

Liam looked at me with a mix of concern and humour as he waited for my explanation.

I sighed, "Some girl poured her smoothie on me, she's a friend of Danielle's."

His expression changed to guilt and anger in a millisecond, and I marvelled at the fact that he was letting me see how he felt. It's a rare occurrence.

"This is all my fault, I'm so sorry. How about you go to the bathroom and wash out your hair and I can find Stephanie or Lisa to see if they have a spare shirt for you." Liam suggested.

I've seen a lot of nice Liam lately and I'm really liking it, I wonder when the bad Liam is coming back.

"That's a good idea." I agreed, and headed for the bathroom until I realized that I needed to say something.

"Liam." I called, getting his attention as he was walking away to find my friends.

"Yeah?" He asked, turning to face me.

I gave him a small smile, "I don't blame you for this."

He gave me a smile back, "Thanks." And then turned again and disappeared down the hallway.

Once I made it to the bathroom I looked in horror at my reflection. My hair was an absolute disgusting mess and my t-shirt was stained worse than I thought. That's what I get for wearing white. At least my leggings and converse were unharmed.

I turned the water on and wet some paper towel from the dispenser, then tried my best to get as much smoothie as possible out of my red locks.

I spent at least fifteen minutes cleaning myself off before I heard voices outside of the bathroom. And like the nosey person I am, I turned the water off and listened in.

"I can't believe they did that to her. I really hope this blows over before next week." A girl said, and I recognized the voice as Lisa's. Liam found them!

"What's next week?" Liam asked.

"Emma's birthday, you didn't know that?" Steph answered.

I pictured Liam's usual expressionless face as he spoke again, "Her birthday never came up, which day is it?"

"The thirty-first. But she doesn't really like her birthday so don't mention it." Steph told him.

"Why doesn't she like her birthday?" He asked. He's just full of questions today.

"Because it's the same day as Halloween, everyone celebrates the holiday and forgets about her birthday. Over time Emma just cared less and less about her birthday until it was just another day to her." Lisa explained this time.

"That's sad." I heard Liam say just before the door opened and my two best friends walked through.

"If you wanted to borrow one of my shirts you could've just asked." Lisa teased, holding up a black cardigan and maroon cropped tank top.

"I can't wear that, isn't it against the dress code?" I refused immediately. That outfit is way out of my comfort zone.

Lisa rolled her eyes and Steph smirked like she expected that exact reaction from me.

"This is all I have so it's either this or what you're wearing now. And you know that the teachers don't care about what we wear." Lisa told me.

"Do you have anything Steph?" I asked, shifting my hopeful eyes to her.

She shook her head no.

That smoothie girl did a really good job at making my life hell, with very little effort.

"Today sucks." I grumbled as I took the clothes and walked into a stall.

I quickly changed but hesitated to leave the the safety of the bathroom stall. I'm really uncomfortable showing off my stomach, even though it's only a little bit. I wish this cardigan buttoned up or something.

"Well, lets see it." Lisa prompted, tapping her foot impatiently.

I sighed one last time before stepping out of the stall to show them what I looked like in the outfit.

"You look cute, nothing to be self conscious about." Lisa told me, her eyes showing me that the compliment was genuine.

"Yeah, you look better in that than Lisa does." Steph agreed, and I laughed when Lisa playfully shoved her.

Maybe I'm overreacting about this outfit. It's not like anyone's going to notice that I'm dressed differently than usual.

I have nothing to worry about.

With a new confidence on my side, I walked out of the bathroom with my head held high and my best friends for support. Maybe today won't be so bad after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 65 36
" I don't know how to kiss.." I whispered and avoided his intense stares. "This is my first time.." With a groan Parker cupped my face, his forehead...
14.1K 775 12
Holly Halliday only had two important things in her life. One was her art and the other was her best friend Gabriel Colton. Starting school for thei...
102K 2.6K 17
He leans closer to me and tilts his head. His lip press to mine and I feel his mouth part. I part mine too and our tongues rage wars against who wil...
87.8K 4.5K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...