The World Through Her Eyes (M...

By psycho_smooch

Mantis: *struggles against Peter* Y-YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NICE MAN BUT I... More

Intro
Prologue
Granny
Bus Breakdown
Dressing With Desire
Severe Sundae
Inner Beauty
Backstory Bruises
Friend Fiasco
Movie Madness
Beach Breakaway
Carnival Catastrophe
The Monster
Goodbye Lullaby
Ethereal Alien
Epilogue

Rampage

1.3K 54 2
By psycho_smooch

Day 1, Week 3

$$$

Mantis: Look at all the animals! *looking around at caged-up wildlife* What is that?? *points at elephant enclosure*

Peter: Those are called elephants.

Mantis: A-Laugh-Ants??

Peter: Elephants.

Mantis: ALPHANTS.

Peter: EL-E-PHANTS.

Mantis: OLIPHAUNTS!

Peter: *clears his throat and looks away awkwardly* anyways, you wanna feed them?? *holds a bag of elephant food out to her*

Mantis: Ok! *sprinkles a handful into her hand and offers it to approaching elephants*

*The elephants take the food from her hand as the youngest gently butts her arm*

Mantis: What is it doing??

Peter: I think it wants you to pet it.

Mantis: I don't know. Somehow, it feels wrong.

Peter: Nothing's going to happen, Mantis.

Mantis: Ok ... *pats the elephant's head and feels its anguish at being locked up* What have we done to you?! *shocked*

Peter: Did you say something?? *heard her sentence*

Mantis: Huh? N-no, I didn't say anything did you say something??

Peter: No ... Is there something wrong?? You look like you've just seen a ghost.

Mantis: Everything is fine, Peter. There is just something I have to do. I will be right back *runs to a nearby zookeeper*

Peter: I'll be here if you need me! *calls after her*

$$$

Peter: *wondering where Mantis is*

*She hasn't yet returned*

Peter: *hears screaming from afar and runs towards the sound*

*People are running away from the sound screaming as well*

Peter: *pushes past people and unexpectedly run into someone familiar* Ned?! What are you doing here??

Ned: *shrugs* I don't know ... That's actually a good question.

Peter: What's happening??

Ned: *grabs at him desperately* PETER, YOU HAVE TO HELP!!! YOUR GIRLFRIEND WENT ABSOLUTELY MAD AND LET LOOSE ALL OF THE WILDLIFE!!!!

Peter: She did WHAT?!?!

Ned: EXACTLY!!!

Peter: Where is she now?!

Ned: *points to a rioting herd of elephants*

Mantis: *now sitting on the back of the matriarch from the raging herd* WHEEEEEE!!!! HI PETER!!! *waves enthusiastically at him*

Ned: AAAAAHHHH!!!!

Peter: EVERYBODY GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

*Everyone quickly steps to the side to let the herd pass through*

Peter: *stares off after Mantis in delusion*

Ned: *stares with him* Well? What are you waiting for?! Go get your girl! *smiles smugly at his pun*

Peter: *glares back* I hate you *quickly runs to a quiet corner to change into his suit and leaps atop the matriarch beside Mantis*

Mantis: Hi Peter! Have you come to join alongside me??

Peter: Are you crazy?! You can't waltz into a zoo and let all the animals loose like you own the place!

Mantis: But the wildlife! I can feel their happiness at being free again!

Peter: THEY'RE ANIMALS, BUGSY!

Mantis: Animals have feelings, Peter—

Peter: Well SO DO HUMANS! *webs them into a tall tree and watches the chaos unfold* This is really bad, Mantis! Just, stay right here and don't go anywhere *hurries to save people*

$$$

Peter: *helps Mantis down from the tree, already changed back into his regular clothes*

Mantis: That was so cool!

Peter: Trust me, it really wasn't. Not after all of this *gestures around broken down zoo*

Mantis: I still think it was really fun and interesting!

Peter: Fun, not so much. But interesting definitely describes today! Ok let's go!

Policeman: I don't think so *aims a pistol at Peter's head* On your knees!

*A group of policemen and women surround Mantis and Peter. Each hold a loaded gun at them*

Policeman: Hands up where I can see 'em!

Peter: *slowly raises his hands up in surrender and drops to his knees*

Mantis: *follows suite*

Peter: *whispering loudly* Just do everything they say.

Mantis: *whispers back* Why??

Peter: Because they have guns! *still whispering*

Mantis: What do they do?? *stares at them, fascinated*

Policeman: Would you like to find out? *cocks gun at Mantis*

Peter: NO!

Mantis: Yes.

Policeman: *pulls the trigger*

*A gunshot fires*

Mantis: *stares at the bullet-hole in the tree behind her* Oh, that. Is what they do.

Policeman: The next one won't miss *holds gun in place as another policeman cuffs Peter and Mantis* Congratulations. You're now criminals.

$$$

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 1.5K 18
This is a continuation of Guardians of the Galaxy ~Rocket Raccoon x Reader~. Please do read the first one or you might have confusion. Everything wa...
3.6K 217 18
Rachel escaped the High-Evolutionary after discovering his plan to destroy others like her. She desired a new life of freedom by working as a rookie...
Save Me By ;

Fanfiction

13.7K 357 25
Since the events at Homecoming Peter hadn't been the same. He began to remember things from the past that he'd worked so long and hard to forget. At...
1K 43 17
Amy Anderson was a young girl on Earth who's mother died after her birth and was abused growing up by her father, Little did she know she would have...