THE RUN AWAY DRAGON PRINCE [H...

By HeraValla_Haddock16

Hiccup had won the honor of killing an agressive Monstrous Nightmare. Since, he wouldn't kill a dragon, his o... More

Characters:
Prologue
Growing Up
Lost and Found

Reborn

378 4 0
By HeraValla_Haddock16

- A S G A R D -

15 years later . . .

"Again, Vali!" Sif shouted. Vali, who was now fifteen years old and has grown quiet tall with lean but strong body, stops to recollect his breath.

"You're enjoying this too much." Vali retorted with a huff. Sif and the warriors three chuckled while Loki smiled.

They were currently at palace's training arena, watching Vali Lokison training with Sif, the most undefeated warrior known to Asgard.

Sweats slides down from his temples until it reaches his cheeks where his freckles rests. His black wild hair pop out in random angles, a bit wet from the tip. Vali wore a light but strong armor that made him camouflage at night. He has black chest plate, complete with pairs of shoulder pads with the Asgard's insignia on the right, and bracers that are wrapped around his forearms. The armor incorporates the leather belt which secures everything. Vali keeps a secret compartment where he puts his well created dagger by yours truly on both his bracer and legs for self defense if ever he would loose his sword.

Beneath the armor is a brown sleeved tunic which made Vali comfortable when wearing all metal around him, and a pair of leather pants and combat boots. His sword, given to him by his uncle Thor, is mounted to a sheath that lines to his left thigh, where he can easily draws it with his left hand if ever he's in a fight.

Vali is currently leaning unto his sword while catching his breath while Sif looked at him in amusement.

"You're stronger that this, Vali." Sif said sternly. "I know you can do better."

After catching his breath, Vali gave his aunt a small smile before attacking once again. With a plan immediately calculating on his mind, Vali ran towards Sif's direction who waited for Vali before she deflect his attack. They continued to spar, metal clashing against metal, ignoring cheers from Fandral, Volstagg, and Hogun, and Loki's proud gaze towards Vali.

Sif aimed her sword towards Vali's chest but he use his shield to deflect it and gave a turn. Sif attack again, but Vali dodge the attack and immediately gave Sif a wound on her left thigh when he saw the opening. The female warrior gave out a small painful yelp but immediately recovered when she saw her nephew about to aim his sword at her. She rolled over and deflect Vali's sword when it was about to hit her. With the grunt, Sif continued to spar with Vali until he saw an opening and gave his aunt a kick on her fresh wound.

A collective sounds wince echoed from the viewers outside the training arena. Sif yelp in pain as Vali kneed his aunt's wrist which made Sif drop her weapon as Vali points the tip of his sword to his aunt's neck, claiming his victory. Despite the defeat, Sif kept a smile on her lips. Both her and Vali were breathless from the small training.

"Well done, Vali." Sif praised, still breathless. Vali dropped his sword and immediately helped his aunt with her wound. Obviously inheriting the power of healing from his mother.

Claps and hollers was heard around the corner of the training arena. Both Vali and Sif turned and faced Loki who stood by proudly at his son, the warriors three and Sigyn, who just arrived from having tea with Frigga.

"And that was the fourth-- maybe fifth defeat of the great warrior Sif." Fandral stated which made Sif glared at the man while Hogun and Volstagg chuckled.

Sif rolled her eyes before smiling at Vali. "Vali learns from the best." She said. Vali smiled in response.

Loki and Sigyn both approach their son with proud looks. "You did great, my son." Sigyn gushed which made Vali blush faintly. "You've defeated a known warrior who was never been defeated before, even in training."

Sigyn gave her son a hug ruffled his already wet and messy black hair. Loki chuckled when he saw Sif glaring playfully at his wife.

"You talk like I am not here." Sif chimed in with a playful glare while Sigyn giggled.

"We better leave you three. Thor awaits for us at the throne room." Volstagg said as he patted Vali and Loki's shoulder. Then Sif and the warriors three left the training arena.

"I have just remembered something important." Loki suddenly said with an excited smile once they were the only ones left. "Your birthday is near, my son."

"Oh!" Sigyn beamed. "Then it is another celebration." But Vali shook his head in disagreement.

"That will not be necessary, mother." Vali said. Sigyn immediately frowned.

"Oh," Loki sigh with a frown. "Well, then what is your wish to do on your birthday, my son?"

Vali thought for a moment before his face beamed as if an incredible idea was suddenly brought into his mind.

"Well, I always wanted to do something new." Vali started. Both his parents gave him a perplexed look. "Maybe a picnic outside the palace, perhaps? Just the three of us."

That statement made Loki and Sigyn smiled lovingly at their boy. Loki gave his wife a look to which Sigyn nodded her head in approval to their son's request.

"Of course, we can do that. Just the three of us." Vali immediately hugged his parents who returned the gesture with a smile.

"Thank you, Mother. Father. I love you." Vali whispered.

"And we both love you very much." Loki replied, kissing his son's forehead.

*

Today is the day! It is Vali's sixteen years of age. And as a gift from Odin, Vali received a new set of golden armor fit for the young god of dragons. The armor itself is made from an unknown metal that strong enough to protect the wearer and light enough for young Vali to wear in battle. In some days. Next was a gift given by Thor. The boy received another perfectly made sword with the Asgard's ancient runes in carved on the sword, making it look like it really belonged to an Asgardian. Thor got it from the palace blacksmith as requested.

Vali was all in all happy and in awe while playing with the sword. He was an expert. No one knew, or even expected the boy to be creative in blacksmith-- other than being skillful at fighting. Most of his weapon in training-- excluding the weapon he used on his last training with his aunt, were originally made by yours truly. Loki most of all, is proud of his son.

Before they can begin their family picnic, they waited for Loki with Frigga while Sigyn, Thor, and Vali were waiting at the throne room with Odin. And while waiting, Sigyn gave her son a medallion and his very own dagger that Vali adore so much. No doubt, he got that favoritism with daggers from Loki who also loves daggers as weapons as much as his son. Vali thanked his grandfather, uncle and mother for the gifts.

Later on, Loki arrived with Frigga on his side with poised and a wide smile. He apologized for the delayed, gave his wife a kiss and greeted his son a happy birthday. Vali smiled in return.

"I got you something special, my Vali." Loki grinned which made Vali grinned back. Like father, like son. Frigga laughed fondly at the father and son.

"What is it, Father?" Vali asked.

Loki stepped aside and present his gift. Vali and the others looked down and gasped in shock and surprise. There, on the golden tiled floor, is as black as night dragon-- a baby dragon. It has an oval flat head, small wings, lean body and sharp claws. But what caught Vali's attention was the dragon's bright emerald green eyes that seems to match his. The dragon looked around, confusion is visible in its eyes until green meets green.

"You got him/me a dragon!" Thor, Sigyn and Vali exclaimed, all in different expressions. One in disbelief, other is surprise and the boy is in awe.

The black dragon yawns loudly, revealing pink gums and no teeth. The creature itself seems distracted for a bit. "And it's toothless!"

That was until the baby dragon saw a guard entering the throne room. The creature saw a weapon and was immediately growled in alarm and bearer it sharp teeth.

"Retractable teeth!" Vali exclaimed in realization. The dragon once again gave Vali a look.

"Who are you? Where am I?" A small voice asked. Vali, knowing full well of his ability and it's responsibility as a god of dragons, knew who it belongs to.

Vali crouch down a bit. "I am Vali, and you are in Asgard." He said with a smile. The dragon recoil back in shock and surprise.

Meanwhile, Loki, Sigyn, Thor and Frigga stood at the corner near Odin's throne, watching the young god interact with a dragon. Odin, on the other hand, watch, intrigued.

"Where did you found the dragon?" Sigyn finally asked.

"I made it out of my serpent magic." Loki replied without a beat. "The dragon represents the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. A tribute to my brother." He gave Thor a soft look who grinned proudly.

"I have made a few others." Loki continue. "Some are tributes to father, mother, Sigyn, Sif, the warriors three, and other more gods."

"Why?" Thor asked, a bit confused.

Loki simply smiled. "It is to live up with Vali's name. He is a god of dragons but what is his purpose of being a god of it if there is no dragon?" He asked rhetorically.

"And an addition to it, that Night Fury is the first to ever hatch after a few days after it was born, others still have not hatched." Loki explained. Sigyn wrapped an arm around and gave her husband a kiss on his jaw.

"A one of a kind dragon for a one of kind god." Sigyn whispered which made Loki and Thor agree.

"Whoa!"

Everyone turned their heads to see Vali looking so surprise. They diverted their gaze and saw the dragon had just release a small purple blast but strong enough to almost destroy the stone foyer.

Vali grinned sheepishly towards his grandfather. "I apologize for the fire, grandfather." Vali mumbled.

"Don't worry, child." Frigga smiled. "I am sure it can be fixed."

Vali smiled thankfully before giving the dragon a playful glare. "You. . . You have almost put me in trouble." He accused.

The Night Fury gave him an innocent look which made Vali frown. "Why can not I remain angry at you?"

"What are you going to name him, Vali?" Sigyn asked.

"Nezzerrie." Vali said, patting Nezzerrie's head. "He shall be called Nezzerrie."

*

"Sire!"

A guard dressed in golden armor ran inside the throne room and made a quick bow at his King and Queen and immediately said the words that made Odin alarmed.

"We are under attack!"

Frigga stood up her seat and gave her husband a worried glance. "Call my sons right now!"

"Right away, Your Majesty."

*

Those huge unknown spaceships didn't go unnoticed by Vali once he looked up at the sky. His eyes widens when those spaceships release a laser shots towards the palace. This attack alarmed both Loki, Sigyn and Nezzerrie who happily ate their lunch at the palace garden. Loki immediately transported his family to safe chamber at the palace where it was far from the attack.

"Stay here." Loki said as he summoned his staff while his armor suddenly appeared.

"But father--" Vali protest but Loki immediately cut him off.

"No." He said sternly. "Listen to me, Vali, bring Nezzerrie and take your mother to a safe place. I trust you in that, my son."

Vali was left no choice. This is his father's order so he can't do anything about it. With a defeat sigh, Vali nodded his head towards his father. Loki smiled in appreciation before giving his wife a full kiss and his son a kiss on the forehead.

"Please be careful." Sigyn plead. Loki nodded his head and left to find his brother.

"Nezzerrie!" The dragon flew in front of Vali before he crawls on Vali's back. "Let's go, mother!"

They ran into the empty hallways with Vali in the lead while his mother follows him. They were almost at the door when a tall, blue figure hinders in their way which made Vali and Sigyn to stop and glared at the attacker.

"Frost giant!" Sigyn exclaimed in shock. Vali gave a confused look at his mother and the said Frost Giant.

The Frost Giant sneered at the two Asgardians and grabbed it's sword. That action alarmed Vali, Sigyn and Nezzerrie who glared at the Frost Giant. Inheriting his father's ability to trick and be mischievous, Vali summoned his sword. But before the Frost Giant can even attack, Nezzerrie released a huge ball of purple blast that made the giant to scream in pain as it's body starts to melt.

Vali grinned at his dragon. "Well done, Nezzerrie." The dragon crooned.

"Let's go, Vali." Sigyn said, grabbing her son's hand. "We don't have much time. Now we know that Jotuns have attack the palace."

"But why would they do such thing?" Vali asked, eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"I do not know." Sigyn sighed. "Be we must warn your father."

They ran through the golden doors, skipping pass the dead Frost Giant. When they reach a certain chamber, but not before fighting a few Frost Giants that hinders in their way. They passed through another chamber until they reach the throne room where Odin stood in full armor along with Thor and Loki.

"Father!" Vali ran and hugged his father while Loki stood in shock. Sigyn soon followed after and hug her husband.

"Vali? I told you to go somewhere safe." Loki furrowed his eyebrows but despite the shock, he hugged his family nonetheless.

"No matter where they hide, it will never be safe." Odin stated. "Vali is wise to lead his mother here."

"Frost Giants are the ones who've attack us, Father!" Vali exclaimed.

As if on cue, the giant golden doors burst open and a few Asgardian royal guards went flying everywhere, wounded. And Vali took all his might and stop himself from running up to them and use his healing ability. Smoke are everywhere until there, on the door stood the king of the Frost Giants, Laufey. Thor sneered at Laufey while Loki immediately made an illusion of his family before transporting them into their chambers.

"Father . . ." Vali whispered in disbelief.

"I must place you somewhere safe, Vali." Loki stated, searching for a book on his shelf. "And Asgard is not that place."

"Loki?"

"The only place I could think of is Midgard." Vali's eyes widened at the sudden realization. Nezzerrie crooned in confusion.

"Loki, no!" Sigyn protested as she reach for the book that her husband holds.

Loki tightened his grip on the book. "It's either that or Vali dies here."

"But Father!" Vali chimed in. "I can fight! That's what I've been training for years."

"And I have never doubt you, my son." Loki immediately said which made Vali frowned. Nezzerrie nuzzled his head on Vali's cheek. "But today is not the day. You may look like ready, but I know you're still hesitating. Frost Giants are merciless created who would do nothing but kill. And I refuse to loose you both."

Vali bow his head in defeat. I refuse to loose you both. The words keeps ringing in both mother and son's ears for a few times. Loki really love his family and he would do everything to protect them. Sigyn gave a sigh of defeat as she turn her attention towards Vali. Later on, tears starts to fall down her cheeks.

"My Vali." Sigyn hugged her son tight. "Remember, mommy loves you."

Vali smiled sadly. "I love you too."

Loki, with a teary eyes, approach his wife and son while slowly conjured up a spell at his son then immediately closed the book before putting a kiss on Vali's forehead.

Green magic surrounds Vali which made Nezzerrie look confuse. Then later on, Vali is now a new born baby, crying and fussing around. Sigyn immediately carried her son in her arms and gave Loki a teary frown. He took his small child and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Call all the Valkyries. We're going to need their help." Sigyn nodded and left the room after putting a kiss on Vali's forehead.

"Nezzerrie, come on!" The little dragon obliged and let himself be wrapped in Loki's arms. The Loki teleports the three of them to the bifrost.

*

"Heimdall, open the bifrost!"

Heimdall merely stared at the god of mischief with a thin line. "Sending your reborn child can only means you will no longer have connections with him until it is the right time." He said.

"I know the consequences, but I can not take the risk of Vali being killed." Loki stated. Heimdall nodded his head.

"Very well," Heimdall slowly inserts his sword-- the key to open the bifrost, as the portal slowly opens revealing colorful hues.

Loki mutters a few words then taps two fingers on Nezzerrie which made the dragon squirm. Then, he put both the little boy and the dragon on the floor and let the bifrost suck them in.

"I will have you know, Loki, that I shall send them on different places, letting fate take its course. These two will meet each other once again." Heimdall stated which made Loki's heart dropped.

"Watch over him." Loki said.

*

"Push, Valka!"

"Ahh!" Painful shrieks echoed through the halls of Haddock as the chief's wife delivers the clan's heir into the world.

Stoick the Vast, the chief of the Hooligan tribe awaits outside the house with the accompany of his best friend and possibly the uncle of their child, Gobber the Belch. The village blacksmith, along with the rest of the villagers. All waited for their heir, mostly of what gender she/he is. What worry Stoick is about their child surviving the cold, but he have hope his child will survive.

Soon loud cries from a new born baby was heard throughout the house while Valka was left panting in exhaustion. After the whole delivery, two healers cleaned the baby and wrapped him/her in thick blanket due to cold weather.

"Well done, Valka." A healer smiled as she showed Valka her child. "You've successfully delivered a healthy baby boy."

Valka smiled, tears streaming down her cheeks in pure happiness. Gothi, who stood beside her, smiled at the child. She knew there's a lot of things this child has to learn.

"Its a boy!" The other healer announced after stepping out of the chief's house. Many cheered but no one can beat the happiness that Stoick feels right now.

With a wide smile, he march his way inside and into their room to see his wife cradling their newly born son. He smiled and approach them.

"He's beautiful." Stoick muttered. " What are you going to name him?" He asked his wife.

"Hiccup." Valka smiled. "Hiccup Haddock."

"And he will be the strongest of us all." Stoick firmly stated as his son opened his eyes. It was a hue of blue but soon turned green. His hair that was black before, immediately turned auburn brown that matches his surrogate parents.

And that was how Vali Lokison was reborn. Although for now, he shall be known as Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, the heir to the throne of Berk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.9K 1.1K 23
Y/N haddock had once lived in berk and her father was stoick the vast, chief of berk. They had once gotten lost trying to find a dragon to kill too m...
171K 2.2K 25
Snotlout Jorgenson and his lackeys do the unthinkable and assassinate Stoick the Vast and frame Hiccup for the crime, thereby banishing the heir of B...
36K 606 10
A Nightlight a species of the 'Unholy' offspring of death a Night fury and a Light fury, this is Y/n she is a Nightlight and a very powerful one, she...
6.4K 220 9
(y/n) is the son of a fishermen who grew up on Berk alongside his best friend Hiccup. Both went through losing a parent during a dragon attack. (y/n)...