Beatrix

By flawsomek

Since the age of ten, Beatrix Delaney has suffered from depression, negligence, and pain. Her parents aren't... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
¿Q U E S T I O N S?
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TTML~ONE/TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
SURPRISE🥴
NOW PUBLISHED! GO READ
GOOD NEWS
REST IN PARADISE🕊❤️

THIRTY

8.5K 350 396
By flawsomek

This is the last chapter I'm making this year, but I'm going keep updating this book instead of making a Beatrix 2 or should I go ahead and make a new series🤔
——————————————
🔥B E A T R I X🔥
——————————————

"You look dashing tonight," Miss Ollie complimented. Beatrix had to chaperone a lock-in/ school dance. While all the other teachers dressed up all dull, Beatrix slayed.

She personally wanted to give Miss. Ollie a makeover. She was an average built Trinidadian woman with curves she always hid. Deep down, under her puffy hair and floral maxi skirts, she was really pretty.

"Yeah?" Beatrix's smirked. "I got a lot more. Maybe you should stop by. You know I'm planning starting my own fashion business."

"Oh no," she laughed. "I won't be able to pull that off like you. You're so pretty with a nice body."

"You're pretty with a nice body," Beatrix shrugged. "Don't think I don't see you looking at Coach Myers."

"Come dance with me," Ziyanna smiled pulling her hands, so she could get away from all the boring ass teachers, who wanted to ruined the students' night.

"Yanna, no," Beatrix laughed. "You know I don't know how to dance."

"You know how to do the milly rock though," Ziyanna smirked while doing the dance. Beatrix couldn't front like she didn't hit the milly rock every time she hear her favorite song. She started doing it all pretty and whatnot, drawing attention to the wrong people.

"Damn," Bullet said shaking his head. "Bebe fine as fuck."

Cody shrugged. "She Ight. Once I got to know her annoying ass, I never viewed her like that. I mean she is pregnant. Shouldn't you feel the same?"

"Hell nawl," he sighed. "What view I'm tryna see is that ass."

"You blowing me right now," Cody frowned. "Imma tell Terecka on you."

Bullet sucked his teeth. "Mane, fuck out of here with that shit. Terecka ain't gone do nothing. I'm a nigga, so of course imma point some I see attractive."

"I hear ya," Cody sighed. He looked over at a group of some pretty girls who were smiling and waving at him. "Aye Bullet imma catch you later."

He only nodded and stayed posted on the wall waiting on Terecka. Beatrix made eye contact with him and squinted with a smirk. She really didn't understand why he was so attracted to her, when she was annoying to her students. She walked over to him and folded her arms.

"Why you not dancing?" Beatrix asked. "This is a school dance."

"Ion dance," he said looking down at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Why you talking to me, Beatrix?"

"I can't talk to you?" She asked lifting an eyebrow. "What? Are you still mad?"

"You could've told me you was pregnant," he said bringing it up.

"Well you know now," she shrugged. "It wouldn't have mattered, because I been told you the deal between you and me."

"Yeah, Ight," he said pushing pass her. She only sighed and watch him kiss his girlfriend. She wished he acted the same before he kissed her.

RING RING

"Hey babe," Beatrix answered while going in a quieter area.

"When you plan on coming home?" Zane asked hastily.

"Coming right now," she sighed. "Let me see if Ziyanna ready."

"Ight," he said. "Love you."

"Love you too," she said. "Bye."

•••

"Honestly, I'm tryna stay focused
You must think I've got to be joking when I say
I don't think I can wait
I just need it now
Better swing my way," Beatrix sung to Zane as she push and nudge his head. Ziyanna only snickered and recorded them.

"I just need some DICK!
I just need some love
Tired of fucking with these lame niggas baby
I just need a thug," Beatrix sung loudly while slow grinding on Zane. He only bit his lip and grabbed a hold of her waist.

"Y'all so cute," Goldie smiled. "I hope I have a love like that when I get older."

"Fuck love," Ziyanna mumbled while uploading the videos.

"Watch your mouth," Zane said throwing a paper ball at her.

"For real though," she shrugged. "I'm so black hearted."

"Yeah right," Goldie laughed. "You nice as fu—heck."

"No I'm not," Ziyanna objected. "I don't mess with none of the people that go to that hood rat school. I'll be glad when I transfer."

Zane and Beatrix sat in their reclining seats since they were in the theater room watching a classic movie while the girls made popcorn and Ziggy played in the game room with his friends. Nixie stayed in her room reading her book. Ziggy didn't allow Nixie to have any friends. He simply said they were fake and Ziyanna is her only friend.

Nixie felt like Ziyanna was fake to be her friend. Ziyanna always put her phone before her and every time Goldie come around, she would kick her to the curb.

Nixie got tired of reading so she went downstairs to fix her some milk so she could go to sleep. Nixie was like her momma. She was now ten but still look five in her tight fitted unicorn pajamas and unicorn slippers with her stuffed animal, Piggy Smalls. She had her curly hair was set free in a wild Afro.

"Hey, Nixie," Goldie greeted politely.

"Hi," she said coming off like an asshole. For some reason, she didn't like Goldie. Something was off. She felt like she was hiding something or backstab Ziyanna.

She wondered where Goldie was when Ziyanna was raped and left naked close to where she stayed, she wondered where Goldie was when Ziyanna got into a fight and was stabbed multiple times, she wondered why she took Speedy's death harder than Ziyanna—yeah, something was off.

"Lose the attitude," Ziyanna frowned while looking at her little sister. "She was just being nice."

Nixie rolled her eyes and left out with her milk. She heard her mother call her name so she made a quick stop. "Ma'am?"

"Awwnn, you're so cute," Beatrix cooed. "Come here."

"Maaa," Nixie whined while sitting on Beatrix's lap. She looked at her dad and smiled back at him. "I'm ten now, not nine. I read on a ninth grade level and I'm getting taller."

"You remind me of Beatrix," Zane chuckled. "...when she was seventeen."

Beatrix punched his shoulder and laughed. "Shut the hell up, Zane! I was innocent and was unfortunate."

"Wait, why did you call me in here again?" Nixie asked.

"Because you're always in your room," Beatrix said. "You don't want to watch Poetic Justice with us, I thought this was your favorite throwback movie."

"I can," she said getting under the covers. "I just figured I'll go to sleep after drinking my milk. Percy Jackson books tire me out."

"Really? When I read Percy Jackson's books, I use to wake up out of my sleep just to read another chapter."

Zane smirked and scratched his chin hair while eyeing the two bright females that he would die over. He was glad he found love with an educated and intelligent woman. You can't do nothing with no dumb ass female. PERIODT!

"I wish I can have sleepovers like Ziggy and Ziyanna," Nixie mumbled while changing the subject. "Is it because their names start with a Z?"

Beatrix shot her a confused smirk. "Uh, no. You never introduced me to none of your friends."

"Because Ziggy won't let me have friends," she reasoned. "Why can't I?"

Beatrix frowned and darted her eyes over to Zane, who quickly looked somewhere else. "What did I tell you, Phoenix? Stop letting him run over you or you gone think that's the way you supposed to be treated by a man when you get older. Don't live for your brother, your father, nobody. Live for yourself. God didn't put us on earth to follow someone else dream, but to follow our own."

"Yes ma'am," she nodded. "But if god put us on earth to live for us, why don't people know what they living for? What is the purpose for god wanting us to live for ourselves and we're baffled about life?"

"Never thought of that," Beatrix said looking up. "Tell you what, Curious Georgia. We're gonna go church hunting so you can learn more about who created you."

"Sounds like a plan," she smiled giving her mother a high five.

•••

Nobody woke up except for Nixie and Beatrix that Sunday morning so they went ahead and went to church without them.

They heard about a church that Goldie's grandmother went to, so she decided to go. It was your usual black church in the hood.

Beatrix just knew it had to be a good church because people were willing to stand up to get the word, even when it was hot as hell.

Pastor Shack did a sermon on a fresh start, Job 17:11. Beatrix felt like he was talking to her exactly.

"The fact is, everyone experiences failure in life. Life is never an unbroken series of victories. We all have setbacks and losses, and sometimes a defeat can seem to overwhelm you. On occasion we bring defeat on ourselves, but more often it is thrust upon us," he preached.

"Amen!" A mother yelled out waving her hand. Nixie frowned and squeezed her mother's hand when the band started playing loud music and people broke out in shouts.

"It's just the Holy Ghost, sweetheart," Beatrix said in her ear before getting up and clapping to the beat. She seen a woman on her row catch the Holy Ghost and quickly moved Nixie out the way and fanned the oversized woman.

"Hallelujah! Praise his name!" The preacher hyped. Making more people shout and feel the anointed feeling.

After things settled down, the preacher closed church with one question. "Will you join us?"

"If you tired of being sick and tired and just want call on the man upstairs!" He yelled. "You only gotta join us. Join us on this road to a new fresh start. Join us to forget the dark past and focus on the bright future."

Beatrix seen people coming down the alter, giving themselves to god. She was already crying since his words touch her on a spiritual level. She grabbed Nixie hand and they made their way out of the pew, going to the alter. People clapped and came to hug them.

"Beautiful young sister, are you ready?" Pastor Shack asked. "Are you ready for a fresh start?"

"Yes sir," she nodded.

He smiled. "What's you and your sister name and age?"

Beatrix chuckled. "My name is Beatrix and my daughter name is Phoenix. I'm twenty seven and she's ten."

"Well you shocked me," he said dramatically. "Both of y'all look young. Ain't god alright.....Phoenix are baptized?"

Nixie grabbed the microphone. "No, I'm here to get closer to God, since I don't know too much."

Nixie was confused on why people were clapping and crying and carrying on. She felt like she was just answering his simple question.

"Want y'all give this child a hand clap of praise," the preacher clapped, and soon everyone else got up and started clapping. "Thanks for joining us."

•••
LONG LOST SISTER
——————————————

——————————————

"I mean I just don't get it," Nixie frowned. "That was way too much noise, for what?"

"It's how us Christians praise god," Beatrix shrugged while eating her pancakes. "Overall, did you like it?"

"I like the sermon, but the rest..." she trailed off. "Not too much."

"Well, that's all that matters anyway."

They went to IHOP and sat and talked for awhile, before leaving and going home. Ziggy went to the gym with Zane and Ziyanna was at home with Goldie. That's when the strangest thing happened.

BUZZ!

Beatrix furrowed her eyebrows seeing a vintage orange truck at the front gate of her home. A girl stepped out with a black and mild in between her lips and looked at the camera.

Beatrix frowned. "Umm, who are you?"

"Hold on," the young girl said pulling out a folded piece of paper that held stains on it. "Is this you? Is your name Beatrix?"

"Y-yeah," she said squinting at the picture. It was a seven year old Beatrix holding a chubby infant. "Who are you?"

"I'm Ebony," she smiled. "Your baby sister."

"Huh?" Beatrix asked. "I only had one sister and she died. Who are your parents?"

"Orion and Yazmin, yo," she answered. "Dad told me where you were. I really wanted to meet the person who practically raised me the first three years of my life."

"Wait, NeNe?" she said confusingly looking at her closely. She finally open the gates and let her in.

Beatrix opened the door and hugged Ebony. All this time, she thought that was her cousin but really it was her sister. Her father was doing as much dirt as her mother back then.

"I thought you was my cousin," Beatrix said shaking her head. "What the fuck. Why did dad lie?"

"To protect his marriage I guess, but Faith was so mad at the fact he had an outside child, she cheated on him, which led him to set the house on fire. Me and mom left Michigan and moved to Harlem, New York," Ebony spilled looking around. She picked up a picture of Beatrix's family. "You have a beautiful family. What's cooking in the oven?"

"A girl," she sighed rubbing her stomach. "Do you have any children?"

"Oh no," she chuckled. "I'm nineteen years old, I can't stand kids. Plus, Ian tryna be tied down by no nigga."

"Oh," she said feeling kind of offended. She looked at her sister and admired her crazy style of fashion. She wore camouflage overalls and a groovy orange graphic tee with a pair of blue, low top Vans. Her natural bouncy hair was a burnt orange color and her filled lips were glossy.

"So what brings you to LA?" Beatrix asked, even though she figured Ebony wanted to stay at her house.

"Dad said I could crash here until I get on my feet," she shrugged. "Did I say thank you?"

"Nobody told me anything," she frowned. "I guess you can crash though, but it's rules. I don't stay here alone. I gotta husband and a son. Plus, my husband, Zane, is mean so certain stuff will piss him off. No walking around any kind of way, pick up behind yourself, don't snoop, and most definitely don't touch Zane food, which has red duct tape on it."

"Okay, geesh," she surrendered. "I'm a photographer so I won't be here all the time only at night."

"Oh okay," she said. "Well, let's bring your bags in so I can show you where you will be sleeping."

•••

Zane walked in with a duffel bag on his shoulder. He furrowed his eyebrows, looking at a chick who was damn near identical to Beatrix.

She was too busy eating Zane's butter pecan ice cream with her legs kicked up on the the coffee table, watching television.

"Uh, who the hell is you?" Zane scowled and snatched his ice cream container away.

"Woah, you are mean," Ebony chuckled and studied Zane with folding arms. She wasn't attracted to him at all though. "I'm Ebony, Beatrix's little sister."

"Bullshit," he said dodging her handshake. "Beatrix ain't got no damn sister."

"Don't I look like her," she said smartly and did a 360.

"Hey babe," Beatrix said walking in the den with a nervous smile. "Umm, I see you met my long lost sister. NeNe this is Zane, Zane this is NeNe."

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Zane asked hastily pulling her arm to the kitchen.

"Betta loosen that grip big fella," Ebony threatened while peeking around the corner. If she was staying, it was going to be a nonviolence home.

"Why the fuck you got the weird ass broad in my house?" Zane said through clenched teeth. "You didn't ask me."

"My dad told her to come here for her career," she said. "She's no broad. So stop calling her that. You'll be ready to beat my ass when I say some about Tatum."

"You don't even know her," he grimaced. "Why would I let her stay?"

"Fine," she said waving him off. "You won't let her stay, I'm not staying."

"Chill out," he said pulling her waist. "Ight. You won."

•••

It had been a whole month since Ebony stayed with the family. Zane just couldn't stand her. Her room was messy and piled with clothes, she always ate his food, she made the house smell like weed and cigarettes, and she always made a lot of noise at night.

"Happy birthday Ziyanna," Ebony said, watching her get in the car with a fine ass dark skin man. She was on the beautiful long porch smoking a blunt she had pre rolled while trying to see how the guy look in the inside of his truck

"Thanks, NeNe," she smiled rushing to get in the car. "Imma be with my friends okay."

"Wait, your mother said I had to watch y'all, so shouldn't I know who you leaving with, fifteen year old," she said getting up and going up to the car with her half smoked blunt.

She had on an oversized Champion jersey over her gray hoodie and a pair of red Crocs. Her hair was in an Afro and she had a bare face.

Ziyanna sucked her teeth and got out. "It's just my dad's worker. He takes me where I need to go. Bullet this is my auntie, NeNe."

Bullet got out and shook her hand. He thought she was a cute little chocolate drop. "You Beatrix sister?"

"Yeah," she smiled while looking up at him.

"That's wussup," he said licking his lips. "How old are you?"

"Nineteen, you?" She smirked while resting her manicured nails on his truck.

Ziyanna cleared her throat and folded her arms. "Can you come on, so you can drop me off at your girlfriend house."

"Damn," Ebony cursed while sitting back on the porch. "Shit, I thought he was single."

Bullet squinted at Ziyanna. "What was that for?"

"You don't need to be bothered with NeNe anyway," she said with an attitude. "She's poison."

"I just think you ain't grew out of that crush you got on me," he smirked while nudging on her a bit. "And for your information, me and Terecka broke up."

Her mouth fell agape. "Are you serious? Why?"

"I mean..." he trailed off with a shrug. "She 'bout to go to Vanderbilt in a couple of months. I don't do long distance relationships."

"Orrrr you just wanna outlive your hoe stage," she teased. "Because every time I'm with you, you flirting with bitches."

"Imma nigga," he reasoned while rubbing his head. "I can't control that."

"That excuse is stupid as hell," she said shaking her head. "Everyone knew you wasn't really feeling Terecka anymore no way."

"Y'all lil kids need to stay out my damn business," he taunted. "Shouldn't y'all be worried what time Muppet Babies come on or some shit?"

She punched him in his shoulder. "First of all I'm bout to be a sophomore so stop playing with me on some shit."

"Damn, relax," he laughed.

She folded her arms and looked out the window until he was parked on the sidewalk of Terecka's beautiful two story house.

"Ya mom said be ready at ten," Bullet informed.

"Yeah," she mumbled while getting out the car.

•••

Beatrix and Tatiana were shopping for the baby. She had brought her eldest daughter, Paisley, who was eight years old. Peyton was at home with Homie and Levi, chilling.

"Baby girl is bout to come in this world in June and you still don't know what you're naming her?" Tatiana stressed.

"Like I did with Phoenix, I'm going to name her on what's on my mind at the time of birth," Beatrix shrugged.

"You're so different," she chuckled. "You know Zane was acting weird and shit the other night, when the cops came over asking if we heard domestic violence taking place next door."

"What you mean?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"He was biting his fingernails and acting paranoid. Is he smoking week weed again?"

"I hope not," she frowned. "He's hiding something I know that for sure."

"This ain't come from me but I think he had something to do with Jay Murda. Shit, Homie too. Homie had left to go to Texas a few months ago right when that shit popped off with Jay Murda and it just so happened that Manny, Des, and West was there with him. Oh and what about Jay's friend who was murdered outside that bar? You figure it out."

"Well, Zane wasn't there," she assured. "He went on a business trip to New York."

"You really think that?" Tatiana peered at her best friend. "C'mon, Ziyanna got raped. You think he forgot about all that? For a business trip?"

Beatrix stayed quiet with a permanent frown on her face. Her saying that, made her think about it. Zane wasn't the type to forgive and forget. He was the type to get revenge and forget the cruel things he did to a person.

•••

"We need to talk, Zane," Beatrix said sternly, folding her arms. She was standing at his office door as he typed away.

"What is it?" Zane asked lowly since he was concentrated on the computer.

"Did you really go on a business trip?" Beatrix asked.

"What?" He frowned, playing stupid. "What are you even talking about?"

"Don't even try to act dumb, you know what I'm talking about," she said shifting her weight to one side. "In February, you immediately left with nothing being ran by me but baby I'm going on a business trip I'll be back soon."

"Mane, gone with allat," he waving her off. "Ain't nobody thinking about Jay Murda and his friend."

"How did you even know I was accusing you of that?" she quizzed squinting her eyes. "I could've been accusing you of cheating, witcho lying ass."

She stormed out, slamming his door shut. Zane sighed deeply and ran his hand over his face while leaning back in his chair. He didn't know why he just didn't keep it real with Beatrix, since they had been through so much together. He felt like she was angry for him not trusting her or him lying, instead of him killing someone or torturing a rap star.

"Baby," he called out, watching her clean with an attitude. He wanted so bad to laugh at her because he remembered her doing that same act when she got mad at him feeding Nixie spaghetti and she wasn't even one yet.

"Bab—."

"Don't baby me," she said through clenched teeth while pointing her long acrylic in his face. "Why didn't you just tell me? I been holding you down for quite some time now. What is it, you don't trust me anymore? What I do?"

"It ain't that," he said gently rubbing the side of her face as she held his wrist while looking up at him innocently. "I was caught up in the moment and I didn't want to be stopped. Beatrix I'm hot right now, Ight. I don't want you worried or stressed."

"Wha-what? What you mean you hot right now?" She said as tears fell from her eyes.

"Stop it," he said wiping her tears. "The cops are on me. Heavy...... Beatrix I'm looking at ten years."

"Zane!" She exclaimed pushing away from him. She paced the floor crying, trying to gather her thoughts. "What am I suppose to do, huh? Be the momma and the daddy to four kids?"

"You doubting me?" Zane questioned. "You don't think I can beat this case?"

"I don't know!" She snapped. "You constantly keeping shit from me. With my faith, I could help you. I could've did your dirty work, why can't you trust me?!"

He shook his head and held the bridge of his noise. "Beatrix, you wanna know the truth—the honest naked truth?....you're aggravating and talk too much during serious matters. You was gone get me caught up. You be acting dumb as hell sometimes."

Beatrix jerked her her head back and before she knew it she was trying her hardest to punch him in his face. When she was done doing that, she was kicking him since he had her hands locked.

"Fuck you!" She shrieked. "I wish I never met you! Ever since I met you, my life has worsened. You should've left me to die in the alley!"

"Shut the fuck up," he growled while roughly pinning her to the wall. "Don't you say another word."

"Fuck you," she said with meaning while piercing her dark eyes at him. She was so upset that he worked up the nerve to say that. "Get the fuck off me before I call the police and get you locked up with the thrown out."

"You'll do that?"

"Hell yeah," she chuckled. "You think I give a fuck about you. Since we being honest, I don't wanna marry you and I don't love you. You was just a nigga I kept around to keep me stable."

He looked into her eyes but she avoided him. She held a nonchalant look. He knew she was lying but her words still affected him. "For real?"

"Yup," she said shoving him away. She pulled her ring off and tossed it in the garbage can.

"All this because I told you the truth," he bellowed while taking the ring out. "You going too far with this shit."

She just kept walking until she got to her room. She went in their walk-in closet and she grabbed her Louis Vuitton suitcase. She packed everything she needed to get out of California.

"Stop," he instructed while picking her up. She sat their with emotionless tears coming down. She didn't fight it or nothing, she only let him kiss on her.

"Baby, I want you to forgive me, alright?" He continued to kiss on her as she sluggishly sat their being lifted off the ground. "I was mad. You said some thing that upset me and I did as well. Don't give up so easy. You really want to throw in the towel and we came this far?"

She continued staring at him. "At the end of the day, I lied about how I felt about you and you didn't. If that's how you really feel about me, then maybe I'm not the one for you."

"If you wasn't the one for me, then why I waited seven years for you?Why did I want all my children by you?"

"I don't know, you surprise me every day," she said. "Put me down so I can finish packing."

"You ain't going nowhere," he retorted. "You making mad......but you wonder why I keep shit from you. You always getting mad and quick to walk out. Stop doing that shit, bruh."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't say shit to me until my water break, you feel me?"

•••

Ziggy and Phoenix was waiting outside of the gymnasium for Beatrix to pick them up. It wasn't too dark but it was in the evening.

Ziggy dribbled his basketball around while Nixie sat on the bench reading the bible Beatrix bought her.

"Hey y'all here alone?" An pretty woman smiled widely, showing her white teeth. "Where's your parents?"

"They loading up they guns since they seen you, get on lady, before I call the cops," Ziggy frowned while pointing for her to leave.

The woman smile faded. "You're not being a good boy. C'mon, let's get you home to be punished."

"Look, I already said get the fuck on," he retorted moving from her touch. "Don't make me put my hands on yo fat ass."

"ZIGGY!" Phoenix shrieked. He saw a man with a black hoodie take his little sister and before he knew it, he was picking up and shoved right in the black van with Phoenix.

•••

"Ziyanna come on now," Beatrix spoke into the phone. "I still gotta pick up the twins."

"Alright, let me put my shoes on," she remarked.

Beatrix sighed and hung up in her face. She then searched in her contacts for Ziggy's number and quickly called him.

"Who is this?" A croaky voice answered. Beatrix heard muttered screams in the back.

"Who the fuck is this?!" Beatrix shot back. "Why do you have my children?"

"Why did you kill my brother?" He quizzed.

"What brother?" She frowned. "Ian never kill nobody in my life."

"That's a lie. You know where lies get youuuuu" he trailed off. Beatrix heard a whipping sound which startled her and she started to hear Phoenix scream.

"Ok," she cried. "Who is your brother?"

"Enzo."

"E-Enzo?" she staggered.

"Yup, you took out his whole crew," he informed. "Remember that?"

"You would do the same if your life was depending on it," she growled. "You think I'm bout to sit around and be tortured. What do you want from me? Money?"

"Hell no. That ain't an issue," he chuckled. "I want payback. See, these pretty little children of yours....I'm not gone kill them. You just never ever gone see them again."

"STOP IT!" Beatrix yelped. "C'mon, please. I don't have anything else but my kids. Don't put them in this."

"This conversation is getting pointless," he yawned. "I gave you the run down and it's final."

"No, no, don't hang up," she said quickly. It was too late though, he had already hung up.

Beatrix hit her steering wheel several times and cried. She was trying to keep her cool, but just couldn't. She tried controlling her thoughts but pictures of her children kept popping up. What would she do without them?

"Hey momma, today was lit—," Ziyanna stopped and frowned at how her mother stared off at space with tears coming down. "What's wrong?"

"They took my babies," she mumbled repeatedly.

"Who?" Ziyanna asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Those son of bitches kidnapped Ziggy and Phoenix!" She screamed while punching the air. "What am I going to do?! They don't want money. They don't want me. They want payback."

"Who is they?" Ziyanna sniffled. "Momma what happened?"

Beatrix looked down and seen liquid running down her leg. Her night was getting worse and worse.

•••

"GET MY BABIES!" Beatrix cried out as the doctor and nurses rushed her to the ER. They had her tied down so she was hitting her head on the pillow and screaming. "SOMEBODY BRING ME BACK BABIES!"

Zane had got word on his kids that they were with Amber and her deranged boyfriend. Amber told her friend the plan, and she really wasn't feeling it so she told Ty.

She told him that they were shipping the twins somewhere in Georgia to a ghetto ass family who couldn't have kids. Little did Amber and her boyfriend know, that was gonna be a challenge.

They were so stupid, that they didn't ditch Ziggy's or Phoenix's phone, and Zane had both phones tracked. He was speeding to a place which carried yachts and other boats.

He had a glock right in his lap, ready for what ever. When he got to the place, he seen nothing but a van. He knew for sure that his kids were in the van, so he took action.

He hopped out of his Range Rover and took his gun off safety. He slowly walked towards the van and to his surprise, nobody was in it but illegal things were.

"Freeze! Put your hands where I can see them."

"Damn," Zane sighed. "They set me up."

They weren't dumb after all.

•••

"What are you naming her, Mrs. Allen?" The nurse asked peeking at Beatrix.

Beatrix started off and space as she rested on her side, her back was turned to the nurse. "...Honesty. Honesty Trust Allen."

"That's beautiful," she smiled. "Your sister is here."

Ebony walked in with a sad face. "Beatrix?"

"What?" She groaned as she licked the tears coming down her face. She felt worse when the person sent her a video of them giving Ziggy whips across his back.

"You know I can't stand Zane, but shit went left when he tried getting the twins back," she said lowly. "The cops turned him in for a drug exchange he had no parts in. Amber and old dude, Fendi, set him up. There was guns, weed, and cocaine in the car. He's facing five to ten years in maximum security."

Beatrix close her eyes shut and shook her head. "NeNe? Why me?"

"Beatrix, your peace is within you," she said sitting at the age of the bed. "You're so strong that god has to challenge you. The question is are you willing to take on the challenge?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.9K 43
• a romance thriller • "Break my heart, I give you the permission Maia Oberain." Levi whispered. « ¤ » "You are like the first ray of sunshine reac...
90.5K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
1.8M 43.4K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
37.8K 975 55
After realizing that her father was abusive, Maya Bishop realizes that there is some one that she had forgotten about in her childhood home. Someone...