The World Through Her Eyes (M...

By psycho_smooch

Mantis: *struggles against Peter* Y-YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NICE MAN BUT I... More

Intro
Prologue
Granny
Bus Breakdown
Dressing With Desire
Severe Sundae
Inner Beauty
Backstory Bruises
Friend Fiasco
Movie Madness
Beach Breakaway
The Monster
Rampage
Goodbye Lullaby
Ethereal Alien
Epilogue

Carnival Catastrophe

1.5K 61 15
By psycho_smooch

Day 5, Week 2

$$$

Peter: *texting Ned on his phone*

Mantis: What are you doing?

Peter: Messaging Ned via Whatsapp. He says he'll have to take a raincheck on our next meeting, but he's suggesting that we go to this Amusement Park in Central.

Mantis: What do you even do in Amusement Parks??

Peter: Are you kidding?! It's a place where you can run free! Do whatever you want! Get to ride amazing attractions! You have to come with me to this one! You'll love it!

Mantis: Ok! If you think I'll like it there.

Peter: Great! Let me just call a taxi over so it can drop us off at Central Park.

Mantis: Are we not taking a bus there??

Peter: Oh-ho TRUST me, we tried it once and look how that turned out *dialling taxi number*

Mantis: Oh, ok.

$$$

*Taxi drops Peter and Mantis off*

Peter: Thank you *pays the driver via credit card*

Mantis: Now what do we do?

Peter: I already paid for the tickets online, so we should be able to check in now *hands the security officer their tickets*

Security Officer: *scans the tickets* Enjoy your day.

Mantis: Thank you! *waves vigorously at the officer*

Security Officer: *waves timidly back*

*Peter and Mantis enter the Park*

Peter: So where do you wanna go first?

Mantis: I know! Let's ride this *points to a scary rollercoaster*

Peter: Hmm, I don't know if that attraction's on your level. I mean, it's the scariest ride they have here.

Mantis: But it looks so fun! *pouts like a cute child*

Peter: Alright, I'll go on it with you.

Mantis: Yay! Thanks Peter! *hugs him tightly and sprints off ahead*

$$$

*After riding the attraction*

Mantis: Peter, are you ok??

Peter: I ... Don't feel so well *gulps*

Mantis: *feels his forehead* You feel nausea all over you. You feel like throwing up.

Peter: Yeah no kidding! *trying not to barf*

Mantis: Ok, let's get you to a quiet place *helps him to the Men's Bathroom and follows him in*

*Inside the Men's Bathroom*

Mantis: That's it. Let it all out *patting Peter's back as he throws up in the sink*

Peter: How do you even like that ride?! *continues puking*

Mantis: *shrugs* I don't know. I just do. But you knew that you wouldn't like the ride, so why did you come with me on it anyway??

Peter: I guess I just wanted to make sure that you were gonna be ok. And I didn't really think you could handle it on your own *smiles sheepishly at her*

Mantis: That's totally not nice!

Peter: I didn't mean it in a bad way! I just ... thought that you needed someone to go with you.

Mantis: Oh! I wasn't expecting that.

Peter: Me neither, to be honest.

*Both laugh at the statement*

Mantis: Are you feeling better now?

Peter: Yep! Much better *wipes his face with paper towels* Let's go!

*Random man walks into the Men's Bathroom. Peter and Mantis both freeze and stare at him*

Random man: Oh! I'm ... Just going to use another bathroom *looks between them before slowly backing out of the room*

Peter: ... We should go now *takes Mantis and himself out of the Bathroom*

$$$

Mantis: Ooh! That panda's so adorable! *points to giant panda plushie hanging above a booth*

Booth Owner: And you can win it, if you want it so much!

Mantis: Oh! I do want it! How do I win it??

Booth Owner: All you have to do is get these three rings around that pole. Then you can choose which prize to take home with you!

Mantis: I'll do it!

Peter: Don't worry, Mantis. I got this *gives her his pack and pays the Booth Owner*

Booth Owner: *hands him the three rings*

Peter: Alright. I just have to ... *adjusts his position and throws the rings*

*All three go through the pole*

Peter/Mantis: YES!!!! *high-five each other*

Booth Owner: Congratulations! Here's your prize! *gives Mantis the panda plushie*

Mantis: *hugs it tightly* It's SO FLUFFY!!!

Peter: Thank you *shakes hands with the Booth Owner*

Booth Owner: Have a nice day!

$$$

Peter: *telling Mantis a story* ... So here I was, and there Flash was standing, and when he saw me he shouted out--

Mantis: It's a girl.

Peter: Actually, yeah! That was what he said.

Mantis: No. Peter, look! *turns his face towards a homeless girl crying on the street*

Mantis: She is crying. But nobody's helping her! Why is everyone ignoring her?? *runs over*

Peter: Mantis, wait! *runs after her*

Mantis: *kneels down beside the girl*

Homeless Girl: *looks up at Mantis through her tears*

Mantis: *reaches into her bag and takes out the panda plushie*

Homeless Girl: *stares at it hesitantly*

Mantis: *holds it out to her* take it. You need it more than I do.

Homeless Girl: *accepts it and holds it tightly to herself*

Peter: *watches and smiles warmly*

Mantis: *turns to Peter and smiles back*

Homeless Girl: *grabs her arm and gives her a freshly picked rose*

Mantis: *takes it from her with a wide grin and runs back to Peter*

*They start walking again*

Peter: Hey, Mantis? What you did for that little girl ... It was really sweet of you.

Mantis: It looked like she needed someone to comfort her ... And I am really sorry for giving away the panda, Peter.

Peter: It's ok. Besides, we can always earn more prizes.

Mantis: But now what do I do with this?? *holds up rose*

Peter: Here, let me *breaks off rose's stem and tucks the bud behind her ear* There. Picture perfect *stares at her for a moment* I know! Why don't we try out more booths? I know a place where we can go. C'mon! *runs to a crowded area*

Mantis: *follows him into the throng of people*

Peter: Be careful. This area is usually pretty crowded. Make sure you stay by my side, and you'll be ok.

Mantis: *nods*

Peter: Excuse me! *pushes through people with Mantis beside him but sees a familiar person* Liz?!

Liz: *stares at him* Peter??

Mantis: *touches Peter by the arm and recognises Liz's presence in his mind from earlier but doesn't say anything*

Peter: What are you doing here?

Liz: I ... Was just stopping by with someone. So, how have you been? Flash isn't getting to you again, is he??

Peter: No, not at all, and I'm doing great. How about you??

Liz: I--

Liz's Boyfriend: Liz! There you are, babe! I've been looking everywhere for you *kisses her and then notices Peter and Mantis* Who is this??

Liz: He's--

Peter: I'm Peter *then gestures to Mantis* And this is--

Mantis: I'm Mantis! *smiles widely and unnaturally as she holds out a hand for Liz's boyfriend to shake* It is so nice to--

Liz's Boyfriend: *pushes Mantis away* Don't touch me, you freak!

Mantis: *stares at him confusingly* What??

Liz: Grayson don't--

Liz's Boyfriend: *scoffs* Oh c'mon. You heard me. You see that roach over there? *points at bug at a nearby wall* That. Is a self-portrait of you. In fact, your smile is so disgusting, not even a pile of horse sh*t could ever love you.

Liz: Grayson, that's enough. We should leave now *pulls at his arm but he doesn't move*

Mantis: *stays silent while holding back tears of shame*

Peter: Hey, knock it off.

Liz's Boyfriend: *ignores Peter* Aww. Did I make Beady Eyes cry?? Well listen up, cry-baby! I've seen barnacled men, old wrinkly women and deformed kids. But you. I can't even stand looking at your creepy face you beastly little b*tch--

Peter: Stop it! Leave her alone! *shoves Grayson back* Why don't you shut the hell up instead?!!

Mantis: No, Peter! It's alright. I'm ok.

Liz: Grayson, we are leaving. Right now.

*A crowd forms around the quartet*

Liz's Boyfriend: *looks shocked for a moment but quickly recovers* OH. I see what's going on here. The two freaks. Perfect match, I must admit.

Peter: *punches him in the mouth* You wanna say that again?

Liz's Boyfriend: *lunges for him*

Liz: Grayson, STOP!!!

Mantis: *quickly grabs his arm* sleep.

Liz's Boyfriend: *falls on the spot, out cold*

*Crowd gasps in shock*

Liz: Grayson! *rushes to him* C'mon, wake up. Wake up! Please.

Liz's Boyfriend: *doesn't recover*

Liz: *stares up at Mantis* What have you done?! You're a monster! *fearful*

Mantis: *stares guiltily at Liz trying to revive Grayson* I'm sorry. I'm so sorry *tears run down her cheeks and she slowly backs away*

*The crowd hurries to help Liz and stares at Mantis accusingly*

Peter: Mantis, let's go! *takes her away from the disaster*

Mantis: *looks back one more time at the growing crowd before leaving the Amusement Park*

$$$

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.4K 9
So I love Marvel, and Rocket is honesty my fave, so I made a fanfic for you guys. Warnings for smut in the last chapter, but you can just leave that...
143K 4.8K 88
"Let's blow the dick out" I say his eyes widen again. "I'm not comfortable" he says thinking I'm going to do something. I light the candle on his c...
42.5K 1.8K 42
Dr. Beth Carpenter is a geneticist from Earth. When her research grabs the attention of the one known as the High Evolutionary she gladly goes with h...
1.4K 33 22
Y/n is new to queens and midtown and knows a little more than she leads on. As they travel through Europe elementos start to appear ruining peters p...