VERDICT OF LOVE

By favourakpofure

"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunne... More

characters names
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End ?)
Surprise Chapter
New Read

Chapter 10

27.3K 745 24
By favourakpofure

I am currently thirteen weeks pregnant now which means three months and this one month hasn't been the best for me and also not recorded as the worst.

I started a part-time job as a waitress at a small restaurant where I work after class and an evening shift in a shop as a cleaner to save money for my untold future.

It has been difficult since my pregnancy is now known to everyone who cares, rumors about my pregnancy have been very much funny about how I got pregnant from a one-night stand and Chance took me in because he loves me even to take care of another man's child.

My name has been literally changed to a cheating gold digger whore but I pay no attention to those sagas but more on achieving my goals.

I and Chance are not basically friends but more like roommates, he is a little bit more open and at the same time close acting a bit cold to everyone which is very confusing and nerve-racking.

I am yet to hear anything from my Mum and Sylvia but from the newspapers, my Mum just launched a fashion show in Paris while my Dad just signed a new contract.

It seems life is great for them and I am gratified for their success "okay, class is over make sure you do more scrutiny " the voice of my professor rings loud through the speaker brings an end to my thoughts.

I can't believe I was left lost in thought once again" please can you lend me your note? " I ask a girl sitting beside me.

Since I doze out I didn't get a word the professor explained making me miss a great part of the lecture. The girl glance at me like she was appraising me with her brown eyes.

Her short black hair resting on her shoulders and her beautiful face put in a scowl " I don't give pregnant sham my notes " she says in a dreary tune before leaving.

A single tear runs down my cheek, I wipe it off deciding it best to push my throbbing feelings back because I have spent days learning to push any emotion back expressing only happiness.

I left the lecture hall towards the bus station since I have to ride the bus towards the restaurant I work in.

No one knows except Emma who knows about me getting a job because I don't want to render anyone more surprised.

This baby brought a change in the way I normally would behave in both a good and bad way.

I reach the restaurant in no time since it is not really far from the college only about 45 minutes away"How are you and the baby doing? " Summer asks immediately she saw me entering through the staff door.

The restaurant is a little place with many customers during lunch than other times not popular but known to a few.

Summer is in her senior year in high school, she also works part-time to save for college and we get along pretty well.

She is a fun intelligent young girl free at heart and sometimes dramatic, and she sometimes reminds me of Sylvia, always determined " fine. as our shift started? " I ask walking towards her before placing my bag on the counter.

She wore a bright smile, her honey-brown hair put in a bun looking good in her Blue Jeans and black crop top with black jacket bringing the whole bad girl style " no I came a bit early and I miss you so much already " she says placing her hand on my baby bump.

"I was here yesterday, " I say laughing always so dramatic "where is Shane by the way? "

Shane graduated last year from college in business management and took over the restaurant from his dad and he has been doing great for the restaurant.

It was a bit difficult convincing him to give me this job since he believes my pregnancy won't let me work properly but he has been a great friend and of support, to me, since I came here.

"he is in the kitchen, " she says pointing towards the door leading to the kitchen.

"Okay, I will be right back," I say with a smile before going towards the kitchen.

Entering into the kitchen I found him having a word with one of the chefs while the kitchen is in a rush to meet up with the orders.

I walk towards him seeing him dismiss the chef" it seems today is a busy day" I say with a smile.

"yeah but it's what we do for the money, " he says smiling placing the apron on the desk before running his hand through his brown hair.

We both laugh, and I also forgot to let you know he is more like a brother I never had" and don't forget it also pays my salary " I say smugly with a hint of humor.

"if you want your salary you better start working, " he says clapping his hands together with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Yeah, I better do that," I say all humor gone from my face.

I pick up an apron and napkins before rushing out towards the front counter where I begin my shift.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye, Shiloh " Summer calls before I walk out towards the bus station, I just finished my shift meaning I have free hours before I go over to the shop.

I arrived at the house walking through the open gate before opening the door, I am so exhausted after my hectic day.

I hear my phone vibrating in my bag before scrambling through my bag pulling it out to find a message from Chance " I am having a guest today so prepare something nice" I read with a frown.

"seriously " I grumble under my breath putting the phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

"what is going on? " I glance up to see Louis coming out from the kitchen with an apple in his hand.

"nothing just thinking of numerous ways I could run away and be forgotten forever, " I say nonchalantly studying his reaction.

"you are joking, right ?" he asks seriously with a raised eyebrow.

"no am not you could ask Emma over there," I say pointing towards a lazy-looking Emma with her hair put in a high ponytail wearing a losing T-shirt and gray paired with brown boyfriend jeans" she knows about all my many deepest secrets " I whisper.

"Ask me what?" she asks warily walking towards the kitchen.

I follow behind with a confused-looking Louis "I am just sharing my innumerable ideas of escaping " I say hiding my smirk behind a serious face.

Louis has always been so clueless which makes him an easy target for pranks but not when it comes to money he seems very prudent and trickish on that department.

Emma bust into laughter almost choking on her glass of water "you know she is pulling your legs, right" she says staring at him in a way that says ' are you serious right now '.

He looked hurt and bemused " come on I was only joking, " I say softly my eyes sparkling with laughter.

He grins widely "I will get you back for this," he says smirking, oh what have I gotten myself into.

I stared at him with wide eyes deciding it's best to run from here.

I enter into my room throwing my bag on the bed before placing my phone on the nightstand then taking a shower before changing into red skinny jeans which by the way I had a struggle fixing the button, paired with a black dress shirt.

I walk out of the room towards the kitchen to start with the meal.

I walk in to find Louis and Damian together with Emma laughing so hard" what is going on guys" I ask checking through the fridge for any ingredient needed.

I decided to prepare meat pie pizza since it doesn't take too long to prepare "nothing " Damien says between laughter getting playfully hit by Emma on his shoulder.

I raise an eyebrow at both of them before shaking my head" you guys are crazy" I say returning my attention to the task at hand "do you by any chance know anything about the guest Chance is bringing home? "I ask curiously.

I was replied with silence making me turn towards them, Louis look a bit pale while Damien avoids my eyes as it burns through his skin" is they anything I need to know? "I ask suspiciously before focusing my gaze on the clueless Emma.

"what is going on? " Emma voice out, her eyes flicking between Damien and Louis cautiously.

Damien and Louis share an equivocal look making me more pessimistic "hello, am waiting here? " I say flustered waving my hands in the air.

Damien clears his throat nervously" what I can say is please don't take what is going to happen close to the heart " he says softly "it just a business deal to him and it's not about love"

"can you be more specific?" I say angrily.

"he is having a business deal with his suppose guest," Louis says a hint of hostility lacing his voice.

"Why do I feel you guys are hiding something? " Emma says sounding unimpressed with their attitudes.

"you both will know when he gets here," Damien retorts putting an end to the conversation if I can call it that.

I put my uneasy feelings at the back of my mind focusing on preparing the meal.

Emma joined me in preparing the meal, when done I relax in the kitchen before hearing the door open giving a signal Chance is back with his supposed guest.

Chance walks into the dining room where Damien, Louis, and Emma sat his hand locked together with a blonde having blue eyes with the stance of a model.

She smiles warmly at everyone making her beautiful countenance more enhanced but what got my attention was their closeness making me feel uneasy.

He led her towards the table pulling a chair for her to sit acting all gentleman-like, before sitting beside her" why is she here?" Emma asks bluntly staring at her with acknowledgment.

Chance glares at her before responding "she is my fiancee" he declares openly.

His words rang in my ear making my heart thunder and my body feel numb in a state of shock.

I felt deluded and deteriorated and this feeling maims in a thousand ways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.6K 30
#10 in bf #11 in gf #21 in miscarriage #47 in chicklit #50 in chances #502 in romance She was sitting on the foot of bed, clamping the sheets in her...
1.7M 107K 44
STANDALONE ( #1 The Billionaire Saga ) ❝ you stepped inside this monster's closet all by yourself and now, there's no way out...❞ The door of the be...
213K 4.6K 16
"hunny" i walked out of the showered with a towel wrapped around my body as i held the pregnacy test behind my back. "yes what you got behind your ba...
758K 20.7K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...