In This Love

By mayhem_write

Rhys James Holt, didn't know that love could be so close to him and yet he can't identify it as his mind is c... More

Prologue
Nightmares
Ridge
The Holt family
The Bells
First Fight
Mornings
Semantic
The Next CEO
Treatment
Mother
If A Man Talk Shit Then I Owe Him Nothing
The Night
Pain
Feelings
Your Presence
Imprisoned
Dinner
Break In
Heart?
Truth
Time
Puppy
Fireheart
Not Healing
What Now?
What We Have Today
For What We Have Tonight
This Pain
It Can Get Better
Normal
Catastrophe
Why He Came
Letters
Calm Before The Storm
What It Holds
Bennett
How Do We Keep Us Together
We Fall Apart As It Gets Dark
Why
Remember
In This Love
Bad At Love
Real
The End
Epilogue

The New Curse

17.3K 591 20
By mayhem_write

I stood on the foot of the hard wood door - debating with my inner self whether to knock on it or not. After all, no matter how much I hated being here but it is my home. It will always be here....for me.

I let out a sigh and turned to look back the car moving out of the drive way. I looked back at the door and closed my eyes.

Remember why you're here. I told myself for the last tenth time since the morning I had decided to go to my parents house.

To meet my parents and tell them about what Ashley had done. That night, no body knew why we had left so early. Nobody.

Hopefully, Ashley would be home right now so that I could talk to her, confront her why she had done this.

Did the anger and jealousy blind her this much? That she preferred that bitch than her own sister.

Unfortunately, there was no answer, no body opened the door. I wanted to kick the door hard but it would hurt. Badly.

When Rhysand left, I left after an hour too. I couldn't stay in that place for long. It had been almost two weeks since I had actually came to my old home.

And at the party I didn't get a chance to talk with my parents. At all.

My eyes were glued to my feet, the door finally opened and I lifted my head to see who it was. Surprisingly, it was mom herself.

"Honey!"She exclaimed happily making me smile genuinely. It was great to see her, here.

"Hi mom!" I said as she crushed me into a bear hug making me laugh at her sweet gesture.

"At the party, we didn't get a chance to talk. But you sang so beautifully. It made us proud honey" I pulled away and we both started to walk to the living room.

"So what brings you here?" She said from behind as I threw myself onto the plusg couch sighing at the comforting impact on my body.

"Rhysand left for work and I  decided to come meet you " I got up and properly sat down "And I wanted to talk about the party last weekend. About the things that happened there" I said in a low voice without looking at her face.

"Yeah. You and Rhys didn't even stop for once. After you sang - you two just disappeared. Cassy, Rhysand's cousin told me that you had to leave due to reasons" she said as she said next to me.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I leaned next to the side of the couch "Ashley and Nora" I opened my eyes to see confusion on her face.

"Nora Robert? Oh she's a nice girl!" She said causing me to raise my eyebrow at her obliviousness.

"That woman is no where near to the quality nice mother. In fact she is just a bully" I looked at her and continued "she is a bad person" flashbacks from my second night came into my mind but I erased them away.

"What do you mean?"

After telling her everything that happened that night. How things went down with Ashley and Nora. Mom was left conflicted.

She was speechless, her ears couldn't believe the words she was hearing "I can't believe Ashley did this" she mumbled, more to herself then to me.

"I know but she did" I bit my lip as I wondered where my was sister. I knew it would be shocking to hear something like this about your daughter. But I know Ashley has a bad nerve for me "By the way, where is she?" I asked, her hear shot towards me in an instant.

"She went out with Nora this morning. If I knew what she did. I wouldn't have let her go. I'm sorry honey. It's her envy that blinds her. Deep down, your sister is a good person. I know for sure " she promised.

"In her case...very deep" I mumbled.

"She will come home late, why don't we go to the kitchen and fix up something you like?" She got up from her place and helped me get up.

As we were walking towards the I looked down at my wristwatch to see it was just 10 in the morning.

Suddenly, someone furiously knocked on the door. It startled mom and I at the same time. She gave me a look before walking towards the main door.

Who would it be? At this time of the day? And with such a hurry?

I didn't move from my spot, my entire focus was on the door. Who would pop out of it?

The door swung open and there stood a very very angry Ashley. With a magazine in her hand. She clutched it so tightly that it was crumpled. It didn't surprise her that I was here. Becuase as mom opened the door all she did was lock her target at me.

"Ashley wha-" Mom started to talk to her but she ignored her completely and marched towards me.

When she came to a foot away from me. She threw the magazine in front of us on the coffee table and glared at me - dead in the eyes. Her blue eyes were glowing more that usual. Anger was the reason.

"You did this. Didn't you? For revenge?" She asked in a icy tone.  I looked down at the magazine lying on the table and picked it up. She had already opened the page she wanted me to look at.

I read the main heading out loud "Victoria's Secret model, Nora Roberts caught in a scandal with Jason Nash of Nash Enterprise. Who is a 58 year old husband to Marie Nash. The pictures were sent to us by an anonymous" I looked down at the pictures that were never going to be erased from me mind even if I try. Disgusting.

I wonder who did it? I wonder what Rhys will do? I wonder why she thinks I did it?

I continued to read "We are sure that the old couple will file a divorce and Miss Nora's career is going to take it's fall. It is a shame for both parties. What I cruel world we all live in" I wanted to laugh out loud at their criticism.

"I didn't do it" I threw the magazine back at the table. Mom reached to pick it up and started to read as I looked at Ashley.

"What makes you think that I did it?" I crossed my arms in front of me.

"Becuase of what happened at the party" she whispered angrily, thinking as if mother didn't know what had happened.

Mom piped in this time "Ashley you don't have to whisper. Avery has already told me about your blunder. This girl! How could you do something so cruel to your own sister. You prefered a stranger over your sister! She married Rhys for your father. She didn't want to!" Now I was surprised. Who is this woman and what happened to the mother who always defended Ashley.

"You still haven't answered me yet" I took a step forward "What makes you think that I did it?"

"For revenge. Obviously. Since I was your sister. You didn't do it to me. But Nora is just a stranger and you don't care about her so you decided to ruin her" she explained with an ashamed tone. As the words were leaving her mouth she knew they sounded stupid and pathetic.

"You know me well. I don't have any kind of approach in the world you all live in. And these pictures? How the hell do you think I would have gotten them?" I said and started to fish out my phone from the hand bag. I couldn't stay here any longer.

I opened the text message and started to type to Sarah "Pick me up in 10 from my parent's house" and put it away.

I looked at Mom now "Sarah will pick me up in a few minutes. She and I have to go for breakfast. Why don't you talk with Ashley when I'm gone" my phone buzzed on my pocket and I took it out it said "In the drive way in 5. Come out" it said and I was surprised that she replied so fast.

I picked up the magazine and said to Ashley "Change yourself Ash. Your bad ways are never going to take you anywhere but into a deep hole of shame" and then I looked back at Mom and said "It was nice meeting you mom. I'll come around  again. When things aren't......bad" and hugged her. I pulled away and smiled at her and she smiled back but it didn't reach her eyes.

Now Sarah and I have to figure out who had done it? Who indeed?

Rhys

I walked furiously towards my office without even looking at the people who were frightened by my mere presence. Maybe it was my brooding look that scared them.

So scared that they didn't even make a sound.

I opened my office door and rushed inside. The moment I reached it I locked it behind me. I never do that but the outside world was suffocating me.

"Tsk Tsk. What is eating my brother alive so much that he has lock his own office?" A taunting voice said from behind making me groan with annoyance.

I heaved a sigh and turned towards him.

Alex. My best friend. Who was currently sitting in my seat for crying out loud.

"You know who it is" I said and walked towards him, he immediately got up from my seat and sat in the seat in front of my desk.

"Oh come on! She can't be that bad" he reasoned and tried to imply I was probably being dramatic.

"She is making me feel guilty" I ran a hand through my hair "We had an argument - again this morning" I explained as I closed my eyes.

"I wasn't at the party. Someone told me that you and Avery left early. Any reason why?" He intrigued. What was I supposed to tell him? That my ex girlfriend got jealous and dig her nails into  Avery so deep that made her bleed? And I didn't even do anything about it? Or that Avery is bringing me nothing but chaos in my life. And I hate her for it?

"Avery sang a song" I started deciding to tell him everything. Now Alex was all ears "Beautifully. Nora and I broke up becuase you know about the tactic I was using to fuck with Avery's mind. Turns out that my own plan back fired. It hurt her though. But she is so good at hiding all of it. So damned good. Now my own mind is in a havoc. Mom had invited Nora to my party too. She got jealous. She probably thinks that Avery has "won" me. Even her sisters hates her for it. But I don't care. Avery had a pain in her leg. She was using this knee cap thing that helps her walk without a cane or a brace. Ashley and Nora cornered her in the bathroom. Nora dug her nails into her skin so badly that it bled. Avery said some things to me during the night that made me feel guilty. So after the party I was just drinking. And this morning when she was making breakfast and came to the kitchen to get some whiskey. She asked me why I was doing all of this and I told her it was her. I was drinking becuase of her. I told her that I did nothing to her but - it's her eyes that tell me that all of it is my fault. Mine. She agreed but in a completely different context. She said that yes I did nothing when my mom insulted her. I didn't do anything but bring Nora on her second day there. And most importantly - what I think hurt her the most was that I did nothing when Nora hurt her. Physically." At this point it felt like I was just talking to myself. I looked up and found all of Alex's playful look gone. It was replaced by pure trance.

He coughed and said "That's...." he looked at me and hesitated with his words. Wondering if he should say them or not.

"Go on" I said giving him a reassurance that I won't blow up at his answer.

"She has a point. Think about it" but I already knew that. I didn't do anything.

"What can I do now? I can't apologise to her. I won't" I already gave him a heads up. We both fell into silence. Just thinking how to get things a little bit right so that I don't have to feel guilty anymore.

Nora is the one who hurt her. She has to pay. Sure, verbal abuse is bad in its own way. But hurting someone physically is just crossing limits.

That is when an idea clicked into my mind and my eyes shot to Alex "Does your private investigator still have the photos of Nora and Jason Nash from three months ago?" I smirked as I asked him.

At first, Alex was confused and soon he caught up with my words and laughed out loud "Ah that's genius! I heard Nora was to present in the New York fashion week this year" he said and I nodded "This year is important for her. Would be a shame if someone would release those photos right before her big moment" I smiled mischievously.

I gave one look to Alex and he nodded at the silent command. He dialed a number onto his phone and put it next to his ear "Hey Mark? I need a favor...."

I asked myself a question.

Why was I doing all of this?

I erase guilt. A voice in my mind said.

Because it's the right thing to do. Another reasoned

You hurt her. My heart clenched at the thought. Despite of starting to do the right thing.

11 in the morning

Avery

"So he said all of this to you. What a douche!" Sarah exclaimed as she ate her donut.

We were both sitting in a local cafe eating breakfast. And both of us were telling each other the things both of us had missed out on.

Since she was gone I couldn't tell her all the things that had happened.

"He hates me" I mumbled and drank my coffee. Sarah groaned and said "It doesn't matter. It shouldn't. You don't owe him anything. So it doesn't matter if he likes your or he hates you. To be honest. It's his loss" she ended with a shrug.

I looked at my hand where the ring was. A ring that indicated that I was lawfully his. I hated it. My eyes travelled to Sarah's hand. Her ring was had a diamond but not as big as mine. That ring was the embodiment of the love Sarah and Ryan had for each other.

"Your ring is very beautiful" I complimented her. She rolled her eyes and looked at mine and said "Yours is way better and expensive than mine"

My heart clenched at the words "It means nothing. Love isn't something that is measured with money. Even if you did you won't be able to measure the love he gives you. Because it's infinite. That ring on your hand is the symbol that he's yours. What you have will never be mine" sarah's eyes saddened as she gazed at me longing pain that I felt.

"Damn sister you hit a hard nerve" I sadly smiled at her and huffed a sigh. I looked outside of the window and watched people walking minding their own business. You never know what might be happening in thier lives. What pain they have to endure.

Sarah was doing the same thing. We both were just sitting in silence. Drinking on coffee.

Suddenly, I heard someone cough crazily I looked at the person in front of me. Sarah was pointing at someone as she coughed.

"Sarah what's wrong?" I asked her as I turned to look at what she was pointing towards.

My eyes widened when I noticed the person who was walking with someone else and sat outside the café. A little close to us.

It was Rhysand and some guy. He looked familiar though. It felt like I had seen him before but couldn't put my finger on it. I immediately squeezed into my chair so that he won't be able to notice me.

"Holy shit" I cursed and looked at Sarah. I knew my expression must have mirrored hers now. Horror.

"It's okay. I left him a message that I was going to my parents house and then I would meet you. No need to panic. It's a small world after all. We both have the same taste in our food. So what?" I let out a sigh "Right?"

Sarah nodded in agreement in a hurried. As if all the things I said made proper sense.

I adjusted my clothes and made Sarah go quite so that I could listen what they were talking about. I know it was wrong to eves drop but how many chances am I gonna get I hear what he thinks about me. Or if he is going to talk about me at all....

"That's messed up. Why don't you go easy on her?" The guy who was sitting in front of Rhys said. My heart was beating so fast I was afraid that it could be heard in the room.

"She irks me. I can't" Rhys replied and looked around at the busy street.

Both of them were dressed in their suits. The colours were almost matching.

"Maybe they are talking about you"  Sarah mumbled to me and I looked at her through my lashes.

I irked him. Irked. What the hell?

"Let's not talk about her. I don't want to ruin my whole day. I have to face her every night so I think it's enough torture" he said angrily. I slumped back into my seat, I was hurting myself now. I should leave. I should.

But I was glued to this seat. Even though it hurt but I wanted to hear more.

"I think we should leave Avery" Sarah said in a hushed whisper looking at me sympathetically.

I shaked my head no.

She let out a sigh and went silent.

Now they were just talking about their work and all. Not about me. Which was a relief by the way.

"Nora Roberts is coming towards them. Don't look!" Sarah panicked and munched on another donut. I was getting anxious now. Literally sweating.

It felt like I had been caught doing something bad and I was facing consequences. This was a horrible feeling. I hated it.

I motioned Sarah to stay quiet.

"Why did you do it Rhysand? Why? Don't you dare say that you didn't because I know-" Nora was on verge of crying. It was a surprising site to see, her looking so desperate. Gone was the girl who had dug her nails into my skin.

"You know because you messed with me" Rhysand's hand was fisted into a five. His jaw was clenched. The anger he felt was radiating through him.

"You were the only one who knew about the pictures. That's how I know" she told him the reason.

"Why did you do it? You ruined my life and career!" Tears were falling from her eyes. Wow all of this hit her hard.

"Hurting Avery verbally was one thing. But physically is just crossing the line" he said now in a very icy tone. Like he was forcing himself to say these words.
"You hate her" she said.
"That I do" he nodded in agreement. And my heart hurt. What have I ever done to him that made him hate me? I keep asking myself the same question over and over again.

"Then why?" She gripped onto the table and looked at both of them.

"It was the right thing to do"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 104 9
I sat beside the window of my room, a blank expression plastered on my face. My mind was blocked with several thoughts, emotions, etc. Anger, range...
145K 3.2K 28
" A promise tears us apart Adam. You promised you will never ever cheated on me again but you broke your promise. Goodbye love" " I am sorry. I am so...
1.4M 115K 112
This is the story of a multi millainare who is extremely ruthless doesn't love anybody except his mom and sister ... Nothing and nobody matters to hi...
593 91 29
"You want to know how to dance?" I ask with a smirk on my face. "Yes and a little bit more than that. You're going to teach me." He says with his si...