Calm Before the Storm (Urban)

By rhymeoverreason

This is the sequel to Joyful Storm! Storm, Joyful, and Reagan are back plus two more; Skylar and Sunni. Every... More

Calm Before the Storm
What We Used to Be
Consolation
Doing My Own Thing
Not Down With Defiance
So Wrong
Lost Cause
Oh So Petty
We'll See
Update on Life....
Didn't Think You Cared
NEW STORY!!!!!!
About That Time...
Useless Without the Other
I'm Just Not Ready
Everything About You
Can y'all see this?
Unexplained Sensation
We Don't Do That....
What Does Love Feel Like?
To Our Own Beat

I Messed Up

18.8K 777 371
By rhymeoverreason

Reagan

 "Have you told your dad about us?" Sammie asked me as we chilled in the back of the library at lunch.

 "No." I replied simply.

 "What you waiting for, baby?" He asked me, looking a little upset.

 "I don’t know. But my mom knows about us." I informed him.

 "How you tell her but, not yo daddy?" He asked.

 "I didn't tell her, Sammie. She drove by the park and saw us kissing the day we officially got together." I told him with a bit of an attitude. He was getting on my nerves.

 "So she lurking now?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

 "Naw she was actually coming to pick me and Poppa up." I told him.

 "Well that was nice of her." He said quietly.

     I rolled my eyes because at this point, I'm not feeling my mom. She made me really mad on Sunday. How you gon' force me to go somewhere that I don't wanna go? I haven't talked to her since Sunday and its now Thursday.

 "The school year ends tomorrow, Rae. I wanna be with you comfortably during the summer, hanging out and stuff. I can’t do that if you holding back from telling yo dad about us." He told me.

 "What's the point in telling him if all he’s gonna do is be negative about it. He gon make us break up. I don't want to break up, Sammie. I like being with you. You make me feel special. Like I'm somebody important." I told him truthfully. I'm emotional so tears clouded my eyes as I expressed my feelings for him. What I felt for Sammie was real. The way that he made me feel was real. 

 He noticed the tears in my eyes and pulled me into his arms and kissed me on the forehead.

 "I'm not gon say no more about it. Just do it sooner than later." He instructed me. I nodded my head in response.

 "But why do you care if I talk to him or not, Sammie?" I asked. "You're the one who told me to forget about what my daddy says."

 "Well I had a talk with Terrell. And to be honest, I don't wanna get on yo dad's bad side." He admitted.

 "Well why don't you tell him about us?" I asked.

 "Because you're daddy's little girl. He'll be softer on you. Dads are weak for their daughters. Just talk to him, baby." He told me.

 I looked at Sammie for a second, contemplating whether I should talk to my dad or not. In that split second I made up my mind. I was kind of tired of hiding too.

 "I'll talk to him today. I'll go to his office after school." I said, confidently as I pulled out my phone to let my mom know. Even though we weren't talking, I still gotta inform her of my whereabouts. 

 I looked over at Sammie and he had a huge grin spread across his face.

 "I love you, boo." He told me, making my heart flutter.

 "I love you too, babe." I said with a smile.

 A lot of people may think that young people don't know what love is but to me love has no definition. It’s a feeling and nobody can tell me how to feel.

Storm

 "I'm headed to the office, ma. I'll see you later on this evening." I said to Joyful as I gathered my work materials into my briefcase.

 She nodded her head silently. I couldn’t take the silence between us anymore.

 "What's wrong, baby? Talk to me." I asked, sliding my arms around her waist from behind. I bent my head down slightly and started to kiss the spot on her neck that makes her weak.

 She savored the feeling for all of five seconds and then removed herself from my grasp.

 "I'll see you this evening." She stated plainly.

     I can't stand when Joy gets like this. It’s hard getting pass the wall she builds up and through to her. I don't want to argue with her so I'm going to leave it alone.

 "I'll see you later." I said, brushing past her and out the door.

 ---------

 "Mr. Jackson, what happened to you in that conference room today? Your head was not in the game. You were completely zoned out and you weren't following along. That's not something I would expect from one of our firms top performers. That behavior was totally unacceptable." My boss, Mr. Stevens, chastised me.

   He was right. I was totally out of it today and it wasn't acceptable. I couldn't focus because all I could think about was my baby, Joy. I swear, if she aint okay then I can't be okay.

 "I apologize, Mr. Stevens. It won't happen again." I apologized.

 "It better not or you can kiss that senior partner position goodbye." He said, before walking out. I let out a long sigh and laid my head down on the desk after I heard my office door close.

   After a minute or so passed I heard my office door open once again. I raised my head to see none other than Faith. I glanced over her and I noticed something different about her.

     I hate to say it but she was looking right. She had on a short tight-fitting skirt and a button down shirt that put everything on display. This stress must be messing with my head because I aint checked a woman out since I been with Joy.  She's the sexiest woman in the world to me and I mean no other girl can compare to her. That's on the real.

 "Wassup, Faith." I said, hitting her with a nod. 

“Nothing, much. I need to be asking you that. What was going on in that conference room? You were out of it, hun.” She said, taking a seat in the chair in front of my desk. She crossed one leg over the other, making her short skirt even shorted. It granted me a nice view of her thighs. I tried hard not to look at her thighs but I slipped up and glanced at them and when I looked up at Faith she had a smirk on her face.

“I’m just out of it. I’m going through some things at home.” I stated simply. I started clicking away at things on my computer to keep my eyes off of Faith’s body.

“Well do you wanna talk about it?” she asked, leaning in toward my desk, putting her cleavage on display and grabbing my hand. It made me a bit uncomfortable so I slid my hand out of her hand.

“It’s nothing really to talk about. Joy and Reagan are at odds with each other and that filters into me and Joy’s relationship. She was on my mind during the meeting. I can’t function properly if my girl aint doing well.” I released to her.

“Joy can be very difficult at times….but with a man like you, I don’t why she would even like that.” She told me, adding a subtle compliment.

“Thanks for the compliment.” I said, sending a small smile her way.

“You’re welcome. See that smile is what I like to see. Tense is not a good look on you. I can see it all in your shoulders.” She said as she got up and walked around to the back of my desk. She placed her hands on my shoulders and started to massage them. I fell in love with her hands. She was working magic. In the midst of it all a moan of enjoyment escaped my lips as I sat there with my eyes closed.

“You like that?” she whispered softly. I swear she sounded just like Joy. My girl’s voice has always been hypnotizing to me. It made me let go of all my inhibitions.

“Yeah.” I replied as I felt her slide her hands down the front of my chest. I could feel her breath on the side of my neck. Then I felt her lips kiss the side of my neck softly.

“Can I make you feel better?” she continued in a sexy whisper. I was so entranced, all I could do was nod. I opened my eyes that were heavy with lust and watched as she straddled my lap. She unbuttoned her shirt and then proceeded to unbutton my shirt. She leaned down and then our lips touched. Our tongues went round for round. Her moans started to get louder and louder. I felt her hands drop down to the front of my pants. That snapped me right into reality. I pushed her off of me in a quickness.

“Dammit!!!” I yelled. I looked up as I heard my office door slam shut.  I ran to the door to see if I could catch a glimpse at who was at the door but I saw no one.

I turned back into my office and looked over at Faith who was still sitting on my desk with her shirt open.

I narrowed my eyes at her. She played me. She played on my emotions.

“Get out of my office right now and don’t ever come back in here again.” I said through clenched teeth. She continued to sit there like I hadn’t told her nothing.

“Go!!!” I yelled, making her jump to her feet in an instant.

I ran my hand over my face and sighed.

“Uggghhhhhh!!!!!!!” I yelled, wiping almost everything off my desk and onto the phone.

I sunk down in my chair and pondered over what just took place. I was interrupted by the ringing of my cellphone. Latch by Disclosure blared out of my phone.

You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down (no, n-no)

You, you enchant me even when you're not around (no, n-no)

If there are boundaries I will try to knock them down (no, n-no)

I'm latching on, babe, now I know what I have found (no, n-no)

I feel we're close enough, I want to lock in your love

I think we're close enough, could I lock in your love, baby?

I looked at Joy’s picture for the caller ID. Tears burned my eyes. I messed up.

I messed up real bad.

*******************

Comment Comment Comment!!!! Ya'll be cracking me up. 15 comments before things heat up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 17.8K 58
Jayda's new in school. Jayden , Kayla and Skylar are the school bullies , prankers and owners. When these 4 cross each other , all hell breaks loos...
34.3K 578 20
Namani swan the most badass , cool, nice enough, confident , sexy and all of the above has had a harder life than most people being "forgotten" and...
124K 3.7K 30
There's a thin line between hate and Love. That's what the saying says. But for the two individuals who grown to hate each other is just a silly joke...
85.2K 3.8K 79
"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I looked squarely at him, "You say this lik...