All about business (clean)

By KCelestain22

What do you give a woman who has everything ? More

The meeting
Meet Up
I see you
One to remember
Im Coming For You
Why me ?
Just Great
Baby Daddy
Unexpected
The Truth
Not So Lonely
Do You Know Me?
Acting Weird
Playing With Fire
Sleepover
So far So good
Trust Issues
Issa Date
In The Morning
Love?
Violated
Old Flame
Weak
Snakes
Krazy
Unbelievable
Studio Love
Exposure
Give it up
Psych
Unthinkable
Breakfast Klub
Desperate
Facing Demons
Fresh Air
Liar Liar Pants On Fire
Juicy
Issa Reveal
Party Crasher
Knuck if You Buck
Reconciliation
A resolution
An ending... for now

Cold Blooded

1.1K 25 4
By KCelestain22

Blake

"You like that don't you?" I felt his heavy breath on my neck.

I tried to open my mouth and scream ,but I couldn't function to open my mouth. My body felt heavy and limp. I struggled to open my eyelids. Why am I so sleepy? Why does it feel like I'm floating? I willed my eyes to open and I immediately wished I kept them closed. I was immediately reminded where I was and what was happening to me. The growing throbbing pain from each shove tremors through my body.

"Stooooooooop!", I screamed. I shot up straight in the bed shaking from the dream I just had. It felt so real like I could feel them inside me again. I turned to look for Dave so he could hold me. I felt on the side of me and it was empty.

Where in the world is Dave? I looked around and felt for my phone. I couldn't see a thing. I jumped up and felt around looking for my phone. I shook my head realizing that Dave probably has it. Uneasiness settled over me and sadness hit me like speeding train. The depression and anxiety I said goodbye to long ago was greeting my mind a cold hello. All the baggage I dropped off after the rape was back. An extremely sensitive devastating part of my life was being smeared all over the news like some cheap tabloid gossip by a fake nigga. Not only that ,but the story being told was complete lie. Then on top of that the news was broadcasted by a broad who claimed to love me and be my friend. How could she ? She didn't know all the details about what really happened but she knew e-freaking-nough. As much as I wanted to find her and fire her up I don't even have the energy. People were blowing my phone up and I refused to talk to any of them. Dave handled the calls for me and let me know what everyone was saying. I was glad he was here with me. He gave me as much comfort as I could possibly feel in this situation. I wish he was here now.

I huffed and forced myself out of the bed. I extended my hands out and felt around for the light switch. I flicked it on and walked to the bathroom. Scared to look in the mirror I hesitated to tilt my head up. Slowly my eyes crept up to a haunting reflection. My eyes looked hollow and dark with bags hanging under them. My hair was like a bird's nest tousled around the frame of my face. I can't believe that Dave saw me looking like a zombie and stuck around. Not wanting to feel anymore bad for myself I turned from the mirror and turned the shower on. I stripped off my clothes and stepped in. The hot water stung against my skin and I closed my eyes embracing the soothing burn. I soaped up my loofa and scrubbed. I scrubbed so hard til my skin felt raw as if to wash away the dirt I could feel on me from the dream. I backed against the shower wall and slid down. I was sitting on the floor with the water still running. I was back to the me that I never thought I'd see again. The me that just tried to take her life, the me that was too scared to walk past a group of men, the me that refused to open up to anyone. After sitting there for awhile I turned the water up and got out. I threw my hair in a bun and brushed my teeth, lotion up , and dried off. I walked to my closet and threw on a hoodie and some jeans. I grabbed my airmax and put them on. I grabbed my extra key seeing that Dave took mine and walked out locking up behind me. I just needed some fresh air. I stepped on the elevator and pressed the lobby button. I rode down and stepped off into the lobby.

"MAN LET ME UP TO SEE MY WOMAN!"

"Let you up?! Didn't I tell your stupid tail that you're not the list of people who are not allowed in this building. You better get away before I call security."

"Mannnnn forget all that I'm going away."

"Aww hell nah! SECURITY! SECURITY!"

I rounded the corner to see Chris standing there arguing with Charnee at the front desk. Not needing anymore drama I walked over.

"Calm down it's ok boo. Don't call security. I'll see him out", I assured Charnee.

"You sure ?", Charnee asked raising a brow at me.

"Yeah its cool. Come on Chris", I said shooting him a glare.

"You want me to take him off the list!?", Charnee called out as we walked out.

"I'll let you know", I called back.

I walked out of the door with Chris trailing behind me. I refused to slow down and kept walking putting my hood on.

"Wait Blake let me talk to you", Chris said jogging up grabbing my arm.

"What in the world do you want?", I muttered twisting away from him.

"I just wanted to check on you and see how you doing. I seen the whole story and that was crazy. I don't know how he had the balls to even go up there and say that stuff about you like it was facts." He shook his head .

"Well you checked on me. Im good. Bye now." I waved him off ,but he still stood there.

"Can you just chill? I am only trying to check on you as a friend ma."

"Ohhhhhh as a friend? You was screaming about seeing "your woman" in the lobby though."

He looked down at his feet. "My bad, but still I wanna see how you doing. I know how far you came after that and I'd hate to see some bs nigga bring you back there with some bogus story."

"I..I...I...I" My bottom lip trembled and tears flowed down my face.

Chris quickly enveloped me in his arms. My face pressed further into his chest as I cried. As much as I wished it was Dave it felt comfortable being in his grasp again. He was there and knew everything that I went through just to get back to the social butterfly I was. I inhaled the familiar scent of his cologne relishing the familiarity of his grasp. Maybe I was too abrupt in ending our relationship. We had so much history and I let it all go lie it wasn't anything. He only told me what he knew. He was protecting from a situation that he wasn't even 100% sure was his situation. I mentally rolled my eyes. This would be the time my mind would think about this. It would wait until waaaaaaay after the fact, after I get hit with a dump truck full of drama, after I've already agreed to be Dave's girl. I was moving on hella fast. I didn't even go through my no men anything phase after the break up. I couldn't do that to Dave though. What's done is done. I pulled out of his embrace and stepped back eyeing him up and down.

"I'm sorry Chris but I gotta go", I turned walking back to the building.

"Wait!, I know how we ended ,but please just call me or something. I miss you in my life. Even if it's just as a friend." He said holding my hand.

I couldn't find anything else in me to say so I just nodded my head. I walked back to my building leaving him standing there. I rushed through the lobby and entered the elevator. I blew out a long breathe. So much for fresh air. I did nothing but go out to be suffocated by another emotionally draining situation. I exited the elevator walking to my place and unlocked the door going inside.

"Hold on , I just heard the door close. That's probably her. I'll call you back." Dave walked in running his hand down his face.

"Yo, do you know how worried you had me?" He walked up pulling me into his embrace.

"Sorry", I muttered against his chest.

"Sorry aint gone cut it ma. With all this stuff going on you wanna disappear without leaving a note or nothing like that. I'm punishing you."

"Punishing me ?", I pulled back from him eyeing him up and down, "You the one took my phone not to mention my keys." I folded my arms.

"Don't matter. You was supposed to be here waiting on daddy."

"Daddy? hahahaha", I laughed waving him off.

"haha oh its funny?" He smiled at me pulling me back into him.

He bent his head over kissing my forehead.

"Im glad to see you smile though. I was worried bout you mama." He pulled back and leaned lower kissing my lips.

My body tingled all over and the electricity between us hummed over my skin. How could someone feel so good?

"Im sorry. I just needed some fresh air. I had a nightmare and woke up and you weren't here. Where were you? " ,i questioned him.

"I went by Mayno crib , but you won't believe what happened when I pulled up." He shook his head walking over to sit on a stool at the bar.

"What happened?"

"I pull up knocking and what not ,but no answer. I was only ten minutes. Then when im walking back to the car Ryan comes out of nowhere like a stalker. I was like what you doing here ? She said she was so call in the neighborhood."

I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth.

"Chill mama. You know I shut that down quick." He pursed his lips tilting his head. "But I can't even lie to you though. Something just don't sit right with me. I feel like Mayno had something to do with her popping up. She said she was there to see him and I'm like how did she even get his address? I don't wanna even think like that cause that's my mans and all ,but its way too coincidental him not answering and her showing up. Or you think I'm tripping?"

I sat down on the stool next to him propping my elbows on the counter resting my chin on my hands.

"No. I think the suspicions you have are valid given the details. Just hit him up about it."

I shrugged.

"Heard Ju. But how you feeling though?"h esaid furrowing his brows at me.

"Honestly? "

He nodded up and down.

"A part of me is drowning in a sea of mixed emotions. The other part is lost. Like I don't know what to feel or what to do. This is just unfair." I broke down again crying into my hands.

Dave stood slamming his fist down on the granite counter in frustration.

" MAN! ", he yelled. "Ima find that nigga and dead him. And anybody else who had anything to do with it."

He walked over and wrapped his large arms around me and we walked to my bedroom.

Chazz

"Coby I already feel guilty enough ok ! I don't need you jumping down my throat", i said taking the phone off speaker.

"Alright man, but where are you? Why you aint home?"

"I...I..I just need some time babe. Time to myself time to heal and just regroup." I sighed looking down at my suitcase.

"What you mean? It sound like you leaving or some . I know you aint leaving me."

"Coby I gotta go. I love you though remember that. "

I hurriedly hung up the phone turning it on airplane mode. I looked around the airport taking a deep breath. I felt like I was making the right decision for me and thats all that mattered. My mental health was at an all time low and I'm a 150% sure that facing Blake after everything would only weaken it even more. I need to heal and I know I can't do it here.

Jai

"So how did it go? ", I asked sipping a glass of wine on the couch in Mayno's living room.

"Horrible. He definitely wasn't buying into the whole  in the neighborhood thing. He brushed me off and kept it moving. Like I was nothing."

Ryan leaned further back into the couch looking off. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Do you really want him back?", I said raising a brow at her.

"Of course I do. I wouldn't be here if I didn't." She now had an attitude .

"Can't be .Not with those weak tactics and approach. If you wanted him you would do everything in your power to get him. Im not saying he's gonna come crawling back after one attempt. You just gotta make him hesitate, second guess. Even if its only for a second...then BOOM there's your window." I took another sip .

"Hmmm ", she said nodding her head.

I sat my glass down and walked upstairs leaving her to her thoughts. I wanted to see what Mayno was doing and see if I could get some D out of him. Shoot I might as well while I'm here. Chris hasn't come to his senses yet since our conversation yesterday ,but im not worried he'll come around soon. I jogged up the rest of the steps and peeked into his bedroom. He was at his desk with his back towards the door on facetime with someone. I decided to listen in to see who it was and what they were talking about.

"Yeah man . Ima miss you. When you gone fly back up here? Or let me know when I can fly down there?", he asked the person on the phone.

"I dont know soon hopefully. I dont want any red flags to go off with Dave though. Maybe we should chill for a minute", the female said.

"Yeah you right. Ima hit you later though."

"Ok bye."

"Bye."

He hung up and the name Kayla flashed across the screen. I smirked. He aint learn nothing ,still dealing with her behind his bestie back. Kayla was a cool girl from the one time we met at Chazz's house and what I was doing to Mayno had nothing to do with her. Hell ,i think they'd be cute together ,but right now I need him to do what I say and using the knowledge of their affair to my advantage took precedent over that. I eased the door open and sashayed over to him. I placed my hands on his shoulders kneading and massaging them.

"That feel good?", i leaned over asking him in his ear.

He shrugged my hands off of him and stood up forcefully pushing the chair back and standing up.

"Getcho dusty hands off of me. Im sick of you." He smacked his lips and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Hahahaha is that right?", i asked walking over to him.

I dropped the robe I was wearing leaving me completely naked in front of him. I squatted down and parted my lips. He was staring at me with glazed eyes. Got eem!

"You not sick of this though ? Huh? Tell me baby", i cooed.

"Dang man." He stood and picked me up throwing me on the bed.

We went two rounds before I tapped out. I was wore the all the way out. It was like he took all his anger and frustration out on my box. Ryan thought he was killing me and came to knock making sure I was good. She needn't worry about me though she need to figure out how to get Dave around her finger. Mayno was now in the shower so I took the liberty to go through Maynos phone. His simple self had his password set as 0000 so I unlocked it with ease. I went through his messages and calls making sure he wasn't trying to get Dave hip to what was going on. Lucky for him I found no such evidence so I locked it back . I grabbed my own phone and went to my socials. I need to see if the media was dragging Blake or were they still trying to side with her. I went to blog after blog only to find nothing but support for her. I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth.

Annoyed I decided to push a part of my little plan up. I text Elana letting her know to put the heat on. She replied back with ok sis. I laid down on the bed and smiled as I drifted off to sleep.

Elana

I looked in the mirror touching up my lipstick in the employee bathroom. Satisfied I turned and exited out of the bathroom and headed straight to Mark's office. I walked pass the rows of cubicles and stood in front of the elevator. The sliding doors opened and I stepped on. I pressed the floor button and waited for the doors to close. After Jai's text last night I was kind of excited to push the plan up. I was bored and doing this job I needed a little excitement in my life. The doors opened before me and I stepped off and walked to his door. I opened and looked to the left where his assistant was sitting.

"Did Mark call for you ?", his assistant asked looking up from her desk.

"No he didn't ,but he's gonna wanna hear what I have to say", I said matter of factly.

"Uhhhhh..ok let me call him."

She picked up her phone and dialed him.

"Yes sir sorry to bother you. Elana is out here. She said you're gonna wanna hear what she has to say....Mhmm ok." She hung up and looked at me. "He said to come in."

I smirked at her and opened the door to his office and walked in. He was standing behind his desk with a stern look on his face. Even with the grimace he was wearing he was still very much attractive.

Who know's if he wasn't married maybe I could've gave him a shot? He was definitely good in the sack. I walked forward and slid my hand across the cherry wood desk. I remember how hard it felt when my bare back was on it as he rammed me against over and over.

"So what do you want? You've made my life enough of a living hell so what do i owe this torture?", he scoffed.

"I thought it was what do I owe this pleasure? After all we had a lot of pleasure on this desk. Don't you think?", I asked eyeing him.

He rolled his eyes and pulled his chair out taking a seat.

"Get on with it", he said waving at me.

"Welllllllll Marky Mark, I can make this whole little HR situation go away I just want a promotion." I shrugged like it was nothing.

"A promotion? You're barely qualified for the position you hold now. No way." He folded his arms

"Hmmm ok. Then i'll continue with the case, and I will make sure your wife AND children get the video." I stood up smoothing my skirt and turned to walk out.

"Ughhhh wait. What kind of promotion?", He said through gritted teeth.

"I want Blake's job. I want her fired as well." I turned around and tilted my head.

He burst out in laughter. He was laughing so hard his face was red as a beet.

"Hahahahaha oh my god. For a second I thought you were serious." He held his side leaning over his desk.

I sucked my teeth and pulled out my phone. I opened the video and turned the volume all the way and faced the phone towards him. The blood rushed from his face and he immediately stopped laughing. It was now my turn to laugh.

"Hahaha. Imagine the look on your wife's face when she sees it. She's gonna hear you telling me that my punnani is so good you can't even remember her name. I want what I want Mark so get it done."

He ran his fingers through his hair and slammed a fist on the desk.

"You say that like it's so effing simple! I can't just fire her! She'll sue this company if we fire her without reasonable termination. Not to mention she's one of the executives favorites. Since this is your little cocksucking plan tell me how I'm supposed to make that happen."

"Tell her she's being terminated because the news story that's out about her has put a negative shadow over the company. It's not good for PR. Not to mention she's dating a client. Then you can sell the story to the execs that her public image right now isn't good for business." I smiled.

"Hmm, and just how do I explain replacing her with you? You have no credentials whatsoever."

I rolled my eyes again. "Well tell them I took an interest and you've been personally grooming me."

"Grooming you? That would make sense since your a bit-."

I stood up slamming my hands on the desk. I pointed my finger in his face.

"You're already on thin ice Mark. I'd actually like it done today. My little cubicle is getting to small for me. I'll be waiting."

"Today?! She's not even in the office."

"Well call her up! Just do it!"

I stood up and walked out. I could hear him cursing and yelling. I chuckled and watched as his assistant shuddered at the sound of glass breaking from inside the office. He has no one to be mad at but himself. If he was faithful to his wife he would've never slept with me in the first place and we wouldn't be in this situation. I still would've found something else to have leverage ,but it at least wouldn't have affected his home life. I shrugged and walked to the elevator feeling accomplished. I text Jai letting her know it was done.

Omniscient

Blake walked into the office building waving back at Dave who decided to wait outside while she visited with Mark. He had to make a few phone calls anyway. She glanced at her reflection in the glass doors before stepping inside. Not wanting to dress up too much she wore Some dark jeans a silk blouse and a long trench coat with thigh high heeled boots. Brushing past the lobby she walked up to the gold doors of the elevator. They slid apart and she stepped on the elevator pressing the floor button. The slid open and she walked off. Not wanting to talk to anyone and avoid any akward looks and stares she walked briskly to his office. She could feel different eyes on her ,but she didn't pay them any mind. She opened the door and greeted Mark's assistant. She stood up motioning for Blake to go on in. Blake opened the doors to find Mark sitting behind his desk with a somber look on his face. His eyes eased up to her soft smiling and twinges of guilt rang through his conscience. She sat down in the chair in front of his desk and squinted her eyes trying to read his expression. Light tension settled in the air.

"Soooo", she said breaking the silence.

"Uh , yeah I'm sorry. I called you here because something important has come up. I know you were on a break for personal reasons, but this couldn't wait."

"Oh."

"Yeah. In light of the news and media happenings surrounding details of your life before this company there's been a lot of worry surrounding the company. This is totally out of your control ,but it has caused a shadow over what we do here. We pride ourselves on diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and cultures, but we cannot have employees personal lives having a negative effect on us. Do you get what Im saying?", he asked furrowing his brows at her.

"Actually I don't. Spit it out Mark", She said with attitude.

He let out a long sigh. "We're gonna have to let you go."

She let out a chuckle of disbelief. Looking upward at the ceiling she asked god to give her strength not to slap him.

"You can't be serious right now?", she asked looking at him sideways.

"Unfortunately I am. You have been a wonderful asset to the-"

"An asset? An asset? You're firing me over some bogus news story you don't even know to be true!!?", She yelled with tears brimming at the top of her eyes.

"Blake I-", He started.

"No I want to talk to Mr. Draymont. I know he would never agree to this. He loves me." She folded her arms across her chest.

"I already spoke with them. They told me to do what was best for the company."

"Hahahaha, wow . As if my life could get any worse.", she muttered. "OK fire me. But im gonna sue yall for wrongful termination and then I will own this place."

"I figured you would say that which is why I took the liberty of bringing your employment contract you signed." He pulled out a stack of papers. "Right here Section 42 , segment 5 it clearly states that any employee that carries out a personal relationship with clients is subject to termination as employer seems fit."

She snatched the papers from him and read them for herself. It was indeed right there. Defeat began to sink in and her legs felt like jelly.

"Look Blake , I'm really sorry. I wish you nothing ,but the best and I hope everything works out for you."

She stood up and nodded walking out of the office. She was in a daze just functioning on auto pilot as she made her way to the elevator. She punched the button for her office floor and walked out the sliding doors once she arrived. Some employees waved and said hello ,but she kept on as though she couldn't hear them. She was like a zombie. She reached the doors of her office and walked through. Liz was also out due to her being out ,but Elana was sitting there with a box. She didn't even have the energy or words to waste asking her why she was there so she went into her office and closed the door behind her. She looked around and stood in place unable to move. Everything she accomplished felt like like it went down the drain. Now she was jobless on top of all the other bs she had going on in her life at the moment. Blake wasn't worried about money for now due to her hefty savings account ,but the unsureness of what the next few months held was enough to frighten her. Breaking out of her stance she gathered her plaques off the wall along with her her degree that was hanging up behind her desk. She grabbed the picture of her parents off her desk and walked out. She didn't want or need anything else so she rushed out of the office. On the desk sat the picture of her and Chris from their previous anniversary. It was like she hadn't even see it.

Making her way to the elevator ignoring all the questioning looks she counted the seconds it took to get out of there. The ride down seemed to go on forever. It was the longest elevator ride she'd ever taken. Finally arriving to the lobby she walked out of the front doors. Turning to get one last look at the building her autopilot turned off. Tears flowed continuously out of her eyes. She broke down and fell to the ground. An observant Dave jumped out the waiting car and went to her side. He to the things from her and pulled her into a warm embrace. He rubbed her back over and over asking what happened. To overwhelmed with emotion she was unable to respond. Nodding in understanding he led to the car where he helped her in. Dave wanted to run inside and ask Mark what just happened ,but he figured he would just get her home.

Around the corner sat a creeping Jai. She watched as Blake broke down on the concrete and laughed . She was overjoyed at her expense.

"Finally that little twat is starting to break", She said pushing her shades further back on her face. She walked off seeing them leave and decided to stop by Chris' house.

She wasn't particularly going to see him since she knew he was at work she just wanted to get a few things for Baylor since she planned on picking her up today. Chris didn't know she was and it was going to be a surprise. She didn't have any items for Baylor at Mayno's house and she knew Chris would never willingly give her anything so she was gonna have to break in. It would be easy seeing as she could pick almost any lock. Catching a cab she rode the New York streets before arriving in front of Chris' building. She paid the driver and stepped out going in the building. She entered the lobby welcoming the warm air and headed to the elevator. The doors opened and she stepped on and entered the floor button. The elevator rose up and stopped when they reached his floor and she got off. Walking up to his door she pulled out her tools. She picked the lock and popped it open in a matter of minutes. Stepping inside she shedded her coat and looked around. She walked to Baylor's room and looked around. She missed her baby girl so much and the thought of Chris just snatching her away from her forever made her feel empty. She was good mother despite her shortcomings and no one could deny her that. She went to the closet and pulled out a diaper bag and started packing. She heard a notification go off and checked her phone. There was nothing new on her phone so she dropped the bag to see where it came from. She walked down the hall and stopped seeing a light shining through the door of Chris' home office. She pushed opened the door and walked over to his computer that was now lit up.

It was an email notification from a company he ordered a du-rag from. She closed out of it and there was a document from the Word application open. Curiosity got the best of her and so she sat down to get a closer look. It was a letter ,but it was incomplete.

She read it over and over and over again until her eyes hurt. Her blood began to boil in her veins. She rose up and grabbed the laptop and slammed it down on the glass desk over and over until it shattered.

"What is so special about this girl!!!!!!!!?", she screamed out.

She fell to the ground on her knees and rocked back and forth. Blackness flashed in her eyes as she started to black out. A distant memory began to replay in her mind.

*flashback*

"Hey Uncle babies", her uncle Ron said reaching out for a hug.

Jai and her sister Haleigh were his favorite and only nieces. He would often come visit them whenever he came home from deployment.

"Hey uncle", they chimed in his embrace.

"Whoa you girls are so big now! How old are you guys 16?", he joked with them.

"Nooooo hahaha I'm 10 and she's 9 Uncle", Haleigh said giggling.

Time with uncle was always the best. That is until night fall when he would always pick Haleigh to sleep in the room with him. Haleigh would tease Jai and tell her that she was his favorite.

"Alright girls goodnight", their mom called closing the door of their room.

After waiting a few minutes Haleigh got out of the bed and stood up.

"Where are you going ", Jai asked.

"Where do you think? I'm going to make love to Uncle Ron. ", she said turning her nose up at Jai.

"I wanna make love to him", Jai muttered.

"Well too bad. Im his favorite. He will always choose me."

Jai clenched her fist and got out of the bed. Haleigh turned her back to her and reached out for the doorknob. Jai grabbed there large silver alarm clock and threw it at Haleigh. The clock struck her in the back and she fell. Her head caused a loud thud to echo from the floor. Haleigh's limp body never moved. Blood seeped from under her skull. Jai stood in the bed and screamed at the top of her lungs.

*end of flashback*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 839 26
************************************** A man who has never truly had everything and a woman who had it and lost it. Can they keep what they have foun...
1K 90 11
She couldnt care less.
467 23 20
Is there more in life for me? Jayda questions her marriage and her happiness and prays for change. Will she get the change she is looking for? Is cha...
9.6K 307 23
Will Jai ever find the definition of a ride or die ?Tune in ..(Finishing Soon)