Scorose - My Father Won't Hea...

By WICELA

Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy aren't really getting along on Hogwarts. Rose's father, the famous Ron Weasl... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 9

4.6K 96 31
By WICELA

Chapter 9 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: June 29 (2018)

• • •

A week went by and Christmas Break was over. Rose hadn't talked to Scorpius since their kiss and it felt like an empty hole in her heart. She was tired. Tired of all the thoughts going through her head and of all the feelings she couldn't quite place. Why did he had to go around and kiss her? He confused her so, so much and she didn't know what to do with it. Did he want to kiss her or did he made a mistake? What was happening?

So Rose decided to find the first thing that was even remotely soft in the Head's common room, because she didn't even had the energy to actually walk to her bed. She didn't want to think about anything anymore and by that she meant Scorpius. The way they had been ignoring each other, she could barely consider him a friend and stepping into the common room only proved that more.

There he was, with another temporary girlfriend, curled up in the chair she had been daydreaming about on her way. They barely fitted into the chair together and were completely caught up in each other; they didn't even notice Rose coming into the room. Beaubelle Smith, the slag of the week, was about to take of her shirt when Rose couldn't stand it anymore. His hands were on Beaubelle's bum, his eyes on her boobs and his mouth was swollen of all the kissing. This wasn't something Rose had wanted to see at the beginning of the year, but then she would've been annoyed. Now, she was hurt.

"Cosy," she said with a cough and she couldn't help but think he'd used her like he was now using Beaubelle. Beaubelle turned around and looked irritated. Her shirt was halfway up and she kept it at that height. Scorpius didn't bother to lift his face from Beaubelle's boobs and ignored her.

"Don't be bothered by me, I'm going up," Rose added unnecessary. The second she passed them, she heard him sucking on something she really didn't want to know. Then she heard a soft bounce and when she looked up, Malfoy was standing in her doorway. Yeah, he was Malfoy again. A guy who uses you over Christmas break, refuses to writes you letters and then rubs it in your face that you're a failure doesn't deserve the first-name-treatment.

"Weasley, I thought you didn't like it in here?" he dared to say. So it was her fault she'd walked in on him and his slag?

"Yeah well, I was able to choose sleeping in a box under the Whomping Willow or sleeping here, so I chose the latter," she answered and pushed him away to go into her dormitory.

So she wasn't the only one that thought the other didn't deserve the first-name-treatment anymore. It hurt. A lot. But she could've known, because it wasn't like there weren't any stories about him going around Hogwarts like this. Had everything about what they'd shared been fake? Was he really that heartless bastard everyone had been saying all along? What did she actually know about him, other that their mutual hate and what her parents told her about his parents? Was it okay that Malfoy used her, because his dad needed a job? Would she have done the same if she was in his shoes?

No, she couldn't think like that anymore. She shouldn't even waste anymore of her voice, breath and time on him. She had Joe and he was everything she needed. She would rather die than needing Malfoy and that was only one of possibly a million reasons why Joe was better for her than Malfoy. Rose was smarter than that and she had a guy who actually appreciated her. A guy with whom she didn't talk about said Malfoy.

• • •

After that first evening, Malfoy made an habit out of making out with a random girl in their common room every evening. Sometimes they were in the same chair, sometimes in the other, or the couch and one time even on the carpet. Rose was certain the place inhabited a zillion bacteria, but was lucky enough to not have found certain sticky white spots.

"How do you survive it?" Albus asked after a new round of Rose complaining about her living situation.

"Well, I don't, that's why I'm complaining. Still, I have some muggle stuff he doesn't have, so I'm able to entertain myself," Rose said and she hit Albus when she realised how he interpreted her sentence.

"Shut up, you horny person," she mumbled, which made him laugh even louder.

"What kind of muggle stuff?" Lorcan asked her, not realising how much he saved her. He was always very interested in muggle stuff, because both of his parents were magical and didn't understand muggle stuff.

"Yeah Rose, what kind of muggle stuff?" Albus asked laughingly and Rose threw him a look.

"Well, I have an iPod! It's a muggle device to play your music and do some other stuff, but that isn't available here. I got it from my grandma and grandpa for my sixteenth birthday!" Rose said excited. It had been very expensive, but because her sixteenth birthday was quite special in the muggle world, her grandparents had decided to give her something special.

"A what?" Lorcan's twin Lysander asked.

"An iPad! It's a small device that contains all of my music and it's portable!" she explained and the twins were almost as excited as she was.

"Genius!" Lorcan said with a big smile on his face.

"That's...kinda smart," Lysander admitted. He didn't share his brother's passion for muggle stuff, but sometimes even he had to admit that muggles could be smart creatures.

"Show me, I want to see it!" Albus said. He had grown up with some muggle stuff as well, but because his father wasn't really familiar with many muggle things and his mother only knew the weird stuff her dad experimented with, their house wasn't as full of it as Rose's.

Rose hold the iPad in her hands and showed it around. When they touched it, the screen popped up and they all stared in awe. Muggle inventions could be so wonderful sometimes.

"My mother gave me an album of a muggle band, so I could play it on my iPod," Rose explained and showed the album.

"But it's so tiny, how did you do that without magic?" Lorcan asked.

"Well, I used a computer..." Rose started, but couldn't finish her sentence by the three confused heads in front of her.

"Lorcan, I really should take you to my house someday, because we have all kinds of muggle stuff and my mom could explain us everything. My dad is more the kind of 'Why use muggle stuff when you have magic' so Hugo and I don't even know that much about it," Rose rambled, but Lorcan's face lifted up.

"Yes, I would love  that!" he said and he jumped around excitingly.

"Another boyfriend for you, Rose? You really have to tell me your secret," Lily grinned when she joined the group.

"Lils! I was just telling them about my music player my grandparents got me a year ago. It's very useful whenever Malfoy is occupied in our common room," Rose said and Lily laughed.

"What did you say?" Joe interrupted them and he looked angry. Joe hated hearing his name. Sometimes Rose wondered whether he hated the name more than the person, because he couldn't bare saying or even hearing the name, while in person he would actually take his time and energy to say some bad things to him.

"Just that my iPod comes in handy, now and then," she said and she turned to him so he could give her a hug and kiss.

"Are you free tonight?" he mumbled in her ear.

"Mmmm," Rose answered vaguely. She wasn't really enthusiastic, because she knew what she would be signing up for if she would agree. She wasn't ready for that yet, but his hungry look wasn't going away.

"Hey Joe, mind not looking like you want to eat my sister, will you?" Hugo interrupted and Rose rolled her eyes a bit. Was her whole family going to be her now? Still, she was glad for the save. They weren't really showing it at school, but they actually were very close. He would always be there for her like she would be there for him. This included not being supportive of her relationship with Joe. According to him, Joe was Joe and that meant he would take every opportunity to do things to her she didn't want to do and he couldn't always be there for her.

That night, Joe decided to go to her common room, while Rose was still in her dorm. Malfoy, however, was in the common room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Rose heard Joe saying. That's not smart, she thought, considering Malfoy had an actual excuse to be there, unfortunately. She decided to listen in, because she was curious about their conversation.

"I live here, can't say the same about you tho, what the hell are you doing here?" Malfoy answered angrily.

"Well, Rose lives here as well, just so you know, she has a right to be here too, you know!" Joe decided to stand up for her.

"If she wanted to be in the common room, she would be in the common room," Malfoy explained with an irritated voice. What was it with him? Wasn't his slag on time or did Joe interrupt him or something?

"But she isn't here, is she up in her room?" Joe asked and she heard a snort.

"How should I know? I'm not her fucking boyfriend or something and I consider myself very lucky in this position. Oh, right, you're her boyfriend. Why don't you know where your girlfriend is? Trouble in paradise?" Malfoy sounded more angry than irritated now and somewhere Rose understood why. Joe wasn't one for talking, he was more...physical.

"No! She said that she would be here!" Joe reacted. It was clear that he felt less superior and he didn't know how to take it.

"Deaf and blind? My, my, Weasley and you really do suit each other then," she heard Malfoy laugh. Idiot, stupid, lazy, arrogant brat.

"I'm in my dorm!" Rose shouted when she was finally able to control her voice.

"Why didn't you say this earlier on, Weasel?" Malfoy replied angrily.

"Well, maybe because I don't make an habit out of eavesdropping on what's happening in the common room," she replied.

"So how where you able to hear eventually that this idiot was here?" Malfoy spatted and Joe started to protest, but Rose interrupted him.

"Well I only heard to murmuring male voices and was curious whether you'd turned gay or something," Rose laughed, which only made Malfoy more angry, but Joe finally stepped between the two.

"You know I love you, right?" he said and he started kissing her. Rose heard Malfoy vaguely fake puke and walk away. Rose started to think about what Joe said. She knew he loved her, but she wasn't able to say it back. It just felt wrong to say it and maybe that was the sign she didn't feel like that yet. Was it because she was using Joe just like Malfoy had been using her? Well, if that was true, she could at least make the most of it.

Joe started taking of her shirt and less than a minute later they were both in their underwear. Joe stopped being polite and started to less soft.

No. This wasn't right. She didn't want it to happen like this. This was wrong, Rose realised.

"Stop, Joe...please!" she said. The more she urged him, the more she turned him on, because he wasn't planning on stopping.

"What's wrong?" he said eventually and he looked up with a sexy glare. Damn, Rose thought, but she still didn't want to go through with this.

"You make me so horny!" he moaned and Rose didn't know what to do. Joe kissed her again and went down and down and down.

"You can trust me Rose, it will be very nice, I promise. You'll like it and it won't even hurt," Joe said, with a moan between every sentence, but this wasn't what Rose was afraid of. She wasn't a virgin, like Joe thought she was and she knew it could hurt, but that wasn't the problem.

Joe was the problem.  She couldn't do it while her head wasn't in the right place and when she was only starting to try her best for him.

"No, Joe, stop! STOP! STOP! STOP!" she exclaimed and then they were interrupted by a knock on her door.

"WEASEL STOP BEING SUCH A PUSSY, I'VE GOT VISITORS TOO!" Malfoy shouted at her door. Rose put on her bathrobe and opened the door.

"What the hell?" she said, while secretly being relieved by the interruption.

"I said, don't do it or do it, I don't care, but not this half-half thing. My guests thought someone was murdering you and they didn't allow me to just let that happen," he said. How unkind his words were, his actions were nobel and Rose did appreciate that.

"Yeah, well, thanks," she mumbled and Joe shifted next to her in is boxer.

"Thanks for ruining the moment, you mean," he said angrily and Rose saw Malfoy sending her a look.

"Joe, I think you should go," Rose said, while looking at Malfoy. While Joe sputtered and left the place, they heard him talking to Malfoy's girls and all of them left their Head's quarters.

"Thanks for making my visitors leave as well," Malfoy said angrily.

"You're welcome," Rose mumbled sarcastically. She didn't know what to think of him. It was partly nobel, but why still sounding like an asshole. Here she was, for the first time alone with him again.

"Shouldn't you say something?" Malfoy demanded with his arms crossed.

"And what should I say?" Rose reacted irritated.

"Let's start with 'thank you Scorpius, for saving my ass, again?!" he said, his voice still angry, but his eyes not matching this emotion.

"Why do you think I needed you to do that?" Rose asked. She sure as hell wasn't a little girl who needed saving from the big bad Malfoy.

"Well, I doubt that this was your way of dirty talk," he grinned and Rose rolled her eyes.

"You don't know what I thought of it," she said. Why did he save her if he only thought it would bother him? Why did he try to make her like him and dump her after that all over again?

"Don't deny that I saved your ass, but this time, I'm not doing it again!" he stated confidently.

"You don't have to, because I'm perfectly well-raised to look after myself," she said. Why was it so difficult for her to just say 'thank you' to him so the both of them could go to sleep?

"It doesn't seem like it," he said with his matter-of-fact tone again.

"I don't care what you think it seem like, just leave me alone already, okay?" she sighted.

"I'm not really the person who can let you alone, with this Head-stuff," he said irritated.

"You can talk to me about that kind of stuff if you're able to react like a normal person does. Otherwise I will do it alone and I will let them know how I did it," she answered, knowing that unfortunately he would never let her take all the credits.

"Like you're able to do this alone," he scoffed

"I'm perfectly fine, thanks. I've learned for my N.E.W.T.'s already, but you haven't even started with learning for your O.W.L.'s now, haven't you?" she asked, rhetorically.  Rose knew that she was standing next to her concurrent. How much she hated him didn't change the fact he was equally smart as she was. The only fact was, that Rose sooner started with learning and she was discrete. Malfoy, however, preferred to party and making out with girls. So they always were his first priority. Rose didn't had a second priority, even when her family said they wanted to be it. Her mother was partly proud of her to not let her education suffer, but also wanted for her daughter to have a social life. Rose didn't want a social life. If this was what social life was - the life Malfoy has - she didn't want to have it. However her cousins were kind to her and she could also talk with Lorcan and Lysander, they were related to her, in family or a friend kind of way. Rose barely talked to people she didn't had to talk to. Of course she needed as a Head-Girl to talk to loads of people.

In some sort of way it seemed that Malfoy wanted to say something to her. His mouth formed this way that he would say something like "Red", but Rose didn't want to hear "Red". Rose didn't want to hear anything. She just wanted to learn for everything she could possibly learn for and then do anything she needed to do as Head.

"We'll do the same rounds as before, we'll show up at the same time as before by professor McGonagall or to the Heads of our Houses," she said.

"Yeah, like you won't get some kind of friendly doing with Longbottem as Head of house," Scorpius scoffed.

"I beg your pardon?" she asked.

"Oh, how nice. Weasel finally just begged me. But don't behave like you don't know what I mean. Everybody knows very well how Longbottem fought in the war next to yours and almost everybody's parents. Everybody knows very well how good your parents are with Longbottem and so does everybody also know how very well Longbottem won't hurt you," he stated. To think she would actually sink that low.

"Like I said before, I can look after myself. Don't even try to pretend like you care or pretend like you know what it is to be me. It isn't like I'm in everybody's favor. For your information: I think it's harder to be me than to be you sometimes," Rose said, but regretting this instantly.

"Oh, oh, oh, the pathetic, little Weasley-girl. Hard to be you? Well your dad isn't a ex-Death Eater, isn't he? Your dad isn't someone who hardly can get a job, because of his name. I can even get an internship either," he started his sob story, but Rose wasn't in for it today.

"Yeah, well, how does it end with people who try to care? You push those away?" she challenged him. She actually hoped to talk about what happened at New Year's Eve, but of course they wouldn't.

"I'm sure I don't. People don't care, they pretend," he answered and with that he turned around to his dorm.

 Rose sighted. What was he meaning by this? Actually she didn't want to know. She wanted to have a nice evening at last, so when she saw her iPod, she just threw the door in his face, even though he was already gone, and started to listen to some music. She didn't want to talk to him. She didn't want to see him. She only wanted to get through her last year of Hogwarts and doing everything she could to become a perfect Minister of Magic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.5K 64
Scorpius Malfoy had a crush on Rose Weasley since first year. She has always despised him, but the summer between 4rth and 5th year may have her re-t...
134K 3.7K 13
Rose Weasley is not your normal girl. She’s the badass with the best marks, the girl every guy wants but will never get-she’s the one everyone talks...
659K 11.8K 22
Scorpius Malfoy, son of Draco Malfoy, restored his family's status in the Wizarding World using his wit and charms in Hogwarts. The dark days are ove...
131K 3K 46
On Sunday: Rose Granger-Weasley was the same girl she had always been - the intellectual who had managed through luck and pure stubbornness to avoid...