What I Want

By tdadon

Her father is a man who tried to leave that life alone but she never knew that. Although she wonders where he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 14

2.4K 119 7
By tdadon

Friday, October 22, 2018

Braelynn nervously scanned the crowd until she spotted her family and friends in the fourth row there to support her. She also spotted Trey a couple rows back which made her take a deep shaky breath.

"He tells me I'm beautiful, everyday.

The better part of him, hear him say

Now as you watch from far away

All I can say, I'm so sorry"

Most of the people had came to the talent show to see kids embarrass themselves or act a fool on stage. But as soon as they heard Braelynn's voice they all seemed to revert their attention to her.

"I'm sorry you didn't know how to love me,

I'm sorry I wasn't beautiful to you.

I'm sorry you just didn't understand... how to be my man.

I'm sorry you couldn't make me happy,

I'm so sorry you never learned how.

I'm sorry it had to be this way

But my heart is so good now..."

By this time many people were standing up and cheering for her which put her at ease. Javion stood up yelling for his sister. Tyler stood there with his arms crossed as he intently watched Braelynn vocalize. Her mother sat there emotionally, she promised herself that she wouldn't cry but she was just so proud of her daughter. Dre was also yelling for his best friend which caused Tyler to look at him some kind of way.

"All I can say, I'm sorry...

I'm sorry you lost me."

And with that, Trey stood up and walked out of the auditorium. The crowd applauded Braelynn as she walked off the stage.

"That's my sister right there!" Javion yelled while clapping.

After the program was over Braelynn went to find her family.

"Oh shit bestfriend!" Saniyah yelled while almost tackling her. Aria's little footsteps followed closely behind her and she hugged Braelynn's leg.

"Hey my baby!" Braelynn exclaimed while picking Aria up off the floor and kissing her cheek.

"Hey Brae! You sing good!" Aria said before throwing her arms around Braelynn's neck.

"I'm proud of you man!" Dre said while side hugging her.

"Okay sis!" Chris cheered while walking up to them.

"This prejudice ass school. You should've won that Brae" William snarled while hugging his daughter.

"Mhm." Javion agreed. "You did that shit."

After everyone congratulated Braelynn they mainly stood around talking. Braelynn looked around for Tyler but she came up with no such luck.

"Hey, I'm about to go to the restroom real quick" Braelynn told Saniyah and Tasha before walking off.

She wandered the Hallways until she saw Tyler standing in front of the school's trophy case. It made sense that he would be there since he was all over it. He was on many highlights of the football season over the last 4 years. His Junior and senior class made it to the state championships two years in a row. Good was an understatement.

"I don't think you've ever noticed me but every since my freshman year, I would go to every game with Jay just to see you play." Braelynn spoke while she stood beside him. "Why did you stop? You could've went pro, you were really good."

Tyler looked at her for a while before answering.

"The most important game of my life, I tore my ACL. All the scouts were there watching, I knew I had fucked up." He explained.

"Well after it healed, why didn't you go to play college ball? I just know you would've had a good chance at being drafted."

"I would've..." Tyler started but then changed his mind. "I would've." He said firmly.

"Why didn't you?"

"What about you? I know you played basketball for a couple of years." He said turning his attention towards her.

"I did." She admitted.

"Why did you stop?"

"It really wasn't my thing." Braelynn shrugged.

"But you did it for two years. Why?" Tyler pressed.

"Javion played, he said it would be cool if we both played."

"You do a lot to please your brother." He remarked causing Braelynn to lock eyes with him.

"You also do a lot to please my brother." She smirked.

"Look man..." He groaned while glaring at her but then breaking into a smile causing her to do the same.

Tyler grabbed Braelynn's hand while looking down. Her heart began to race.

"You sounded real good out there Brae." He said before looking up at her. She now felt butterflies in her stomach.

"I-" She stuttered. "Thank-"

"So this what we doing now?" Trey said walking up to Braelynn.

Brae sighed and gently pulled her hand away from Tyler's, it was an action that didn't go unnoticed.

"Please don't tell me you fucking with this nigga now Brae." Trey went on. He felt Tyler's stare but never in a million years would Trey size up Tyler. It just wasn't a smart thing to do and he knew it. Trey had also known that Tyler was ruthless just like his friends.

"This nigga?" Tyler asked. Trey just acted like he didn't hear him and looked accusingly at Braelynn waiting for a response.

"Trey we done." Braelynn addressed as she picked at her nails.

"What? Since when?" Her said getting louder.

"Since I caught Carlie sucking you the fuck up! That was my damn friend!" Braelynn barked.

Tyler smirked. She is her brother's sister, he thought. The only reason Tyler was still standing there is because he was waiting on Trey to step out of line so that he could beat his ass.

"Your friend? That bitch was never you friend. She been tryna get with me since Sophomore year." Trey yelled back.

"And you let her do that shit anyways! Ain't no telling what the fuck else you been doing. You a whole fucking bitch out here. Get out my damn way." Braelynn said walking past him and bumping his with her shoulder. He sighed deeply wanted nothing more than to slap the piss out of her.

He grabbed Braelynn's arm causing Tyler to push him in the chest which caused Trey to stumble back a few steps.

"Aye, this ain't bout to be no recap of the last time yo ass put your hands on her." Tyler told him.

Trey looked between Tyler and Braelynn then he chuckled.

"Carlie ain't the only one of your friends I fucked." He announced causing Braelynn to try to run up on him.

"You fucking sick!" Braelynn yelled while trying to get out of Tyler's grip.

"Go sing about that!" Trey laughed while walking off.

"Let me go." Braelynn told Tyler.

"Not until you calm down." He told her sternly.

"I'm fucking calm." She snapped.

He ignored her and held her until he knew she was calm.

"Let's go." He said as she stared at the floor. "You straight?"

"I want that hoe head." Braelynn told him.

He laughed and shook his head.

"Let's go." He repeated as they walked down the empty hallway. He looked down at her and chuckled softly. "Young ass."

_____________________________________

Next Day

"Do your brother know you out this late?" Tyler said walking up to Braelynn.

It was 10 pm and some how, Tyler managed to be there exactly when Braelynn was making a few groceries .

"Does he know you're out this late?" She said while taking in his appearance. Tyler only sucked his teeth.

"Isn't he at some kind of party tonight?" Braelynn went on while scanning the shelf for the cranberry juice she wanted.

"Yeah." Tyler responded before letting his tongue quickly glide over his bottom lip as he admired Braelynn's ass in her curve hugging jeans.

"Why you not with him?"

"Not really my scene."

"But you had one a few weeks ago, what was the occasion?" She asked while picking up the juice and turning towards him.

"No occasion, I just knew you was gone show up."

Braelynn only looked up at him. He smirked and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Tyler did you approach me for any particular reason, cause I have things to do?"

"I just wanted a hug." He said before placing his hands on her waist and pulling her closer.

"Who said I wanted to hug you?" She asked with a small grin on her face.

He smacked his thick pink lips causing her to chuckle and hug him back.

Grab my ass! Grab my ass! Braelynn's conscience yelled but his hands still rested on her lower back.

She took a wiff of his cologne and closed her eyes. Tyler pulled back with his bottom lip in between his teeth.

"Go home young ass." He told, his voice a little deeper than before.

"You too, ugly ass." Braelynn replied causing him to smile.

____________________________________

Sunday

"Kimani get the fuck out my drawers!" Taylor yelled as she hopped off her bed.

"Hush, you gone wake Ms.Keedra up" Kimani shushed.

"Why you playing with my boxers girl?" Taylor asked coming up behind Kimani snatching the underwear out of her hand.

"You not a boy Taylor!" Kimani told her while closing her Drawer.

"Shut up." Taylor laughed while grabbing Kimani and throwing her on the bed causing Kimani to burst into a fit of laughter.

Taylor hovered over Kimani causing her laughter to stop.

"Uh, Where your mama at?" Kimani said nervously while looking around the room.

"She at the store." Taylor said before licking her lips.

"Aye, wh- oh sh... my bad" Tyler said after bursting into the room.

He turned around and quickly walked out causing Kimani to cover her face in embarrassment which only made Taylor laugh and lay on the bed beside her.
_________________

Next day

"Where my friend at?" Tasha announced while walking into Chris's house.

"Right here, he been missing you too." Chris said as he grabbed his meat through his shorts while walking up to Tasha.

"I meant Aria and you need to start locking this damn door too." Tasha said closing the door behind her and locking it. Chris ignored her and started to feel on her ass.

"What's in them bags?" He mumbled against her neck while taking the bags out of her hand.

Chris looked in the bags and saw dolls. Black baby dolls. He smirked to himself when he realized why Tasha had bought them.

"She at her mama house right now." He smiled.

"Fuck you smiling for?" Tasha said while going over to his couch and grabbing his remote, turning the tv on.

"You walking up in my shit getting comfortable and all." He said with a goofy grin on his face.

"I came over here to fuck, not to entertain your foolishness." Tasha joked.

"Well what we waiting on?"

________________________________________________

I know this chapter is kind of short, and sorry for the wait. I've been so swamped in school work. But I'm about to start back updating as much as I can.

Enjoy! Remember to vote and Comment loves!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 380 24
There is no such things as generational curses, only generational patterns. Should I atone for the sins of my father?
98.3K 3K 39
What if the answer to your problem was right in front of you, but you couldn't have it? After the death of her father, 17 year old Daisy Jarvis has t...
6.3M 188K 76
Molly is a young teen with anger problems because of her past. Growing up in a bad ass neighborhood and with a mean ass mother only makes things wors...
474K 20.4K 27
βπšŒπš›πšŠπš£πš’ πš‘πš˜πš  𝚠𝚎 πšŸπš’πš‹πšŽ , πšŽπšŸπšŽπš— πš πš‘πšŽπš— 𝚠𝚎 πšπš’πšπš‘πš.❞ a short story