Mr. CEO & Mr. Manager

By authumii

A love story in the workplace. #markjin More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Final Chapter

Chapter 20

3.9K 164 22
By authumii

Jinyoung's mother held the door open; and Mark and Jinyoung took their suitcases out of the door and put them aside.

"I'll be missing you. Please take care of your health," said Jinyoung, hugging his parents.

"You both too, take care of yourselves and each other," said Jinyoung's mother, patting Jinyoung's back and smiling at Mark.

"I'll, auntly. Thank you for these three days."

"Mark, come here with Jinyoung whenever you want. You're welcome here," said Jinyoung's father.

"Yes, I'll. Thanks uncle."

"Well, go now. You'll be late."

"Jinyoung oppa!"

All of them turned to look at Sooyung, who ran to them in a hurry.

Jinyoung bent down and lifted her in his arms.

"Oppa, are you going back now?"

"Yes, Sooyung ah, oppa couldn't stay for long. Greet uncle Mark as well."

"Oppa, are you going back with Jinyoung oppa?"

Mark chuckled, and Jinyoung decided not to correct her anymore.

"Of course, Sooyung ah, I'll come back next time and buy you dolls, okay?"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Jinyoung's parents laughed at them; and Jinyoung let Sooyung go down from his arms.

"Bye, Sooyung ah. Take care, omma and appa. We're going now."

In the train, they sat beside each other this time.

"Did you enjoy it?" asked Jinyoung to Mark, when the train started to move.

"Hmm, I really did. Especially," Mark's mind wandered again to their sleeping-together-on-one-bed sessions.

"Especially what?"

"Well, nothing. I mean everything was great."

"I'm glad then. Ah, tomorrow, we'll be back to work."

"Yeah, but not a bad thing anyway."

Jinyoung nodded, and looked at the outside through the window.

"Jinyoung?" Mark called him, from his table.

"Yes, sir?"

"Come here for a moment."

Jinyoung saved the file he was typing and came to Mark, afterwards.

Mark had loosened his tie, and was knitting his eyebrows in a frown.

"Yes?"

Mark handed him the file he had been checking.

"It's a list of the advertising agencies. They are the ones suggested by the board of the directors. Which do you think will be suitable for us?"

"They want a new advertisement?"

"Yes, said it has been over two years since the old one."

Jinyoung went through the list, and saw that a couple of them had already worked with them.

"I'm not very sure. But there are some your father wanted to work with. What about this one 'JKT'?" Jinyoung placed down the file on the table, and pointed at the name.

"Hmm, do you know anything about it?"

Mark asked but at the same time, he typed in the name on his computer; and Jinyoung bent to have a closer look at it. His face was just a little bit away from Mark's.

He pointed at the screen, saying, "Hot and rising nowadays. But not a very old one. Started only ten years ago..."

Mark tried to focused on what Jinyoung was explaining; but the latter's scent and soothing voice near him was distracting him.

"...creative as well. Let's see a video of their advertisement," Jinyoung clicked on one video, and continued talking about the stunning points in it.

Mark tilted his head to look at Jinyoung, instead, and noticed that Jinyoung was again with the shirt all buttoned.

He took a mental note that he would mention it to Jinyoung latter, but not now as Jinyoung was so into his suggestions and explanation.

For a moment, Mark forgot anything else, and let his eyes travel over Jinyoung's defined features. He had seen Jinyoung's face up close a couple of times, and something was nudging him to touch it this time. Seriously, if Jinyoung had not been so near him, he could have focused more on the video displaying in front of them.

"...Do you think it'll be okay for our brand?" But no answer came, so Jinyoung tilted his head to look at Mark.

"Are you listening to me, sir?"

"I tried to," he saw Jinyoung letting out a sigh, and a smile appeared on his lips. "Don't worry. I'll watch it myself again."

"If it is okay, then I'll just go and continue my work."

"No, just a moment," Mark's hand stopped Jinyoung's back from straightening up. Then, subtly, his hand travelled lower and settled on Jinyoung's waist.

Jinyoung did not notice it, as his mind was all lost in Mark's eyes, which were captivating his.

How long that eye-contact lasted, they did not know, losing track of time. That was until the sound of the door opening interrupted it and made them separate in an instant.

Mark removed his hand, clearing his throat, and Jinyoung stood up straight as well.

Both of them thought it was Mrs. Young but Gayoon was standing in the doorway.

Jinyoung moved to leave, but Mark held his wrist to make him remain there.

"Gayoon, what do you want again?" asked Mark, impatience evident in his voice.

"Mark, are you still angry with me?" She sat down on the chair in front of the table, and took a look at Jinyoung with disapproval in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mark. I wanted to apologise to you. Please don't stay mad at me, Mark."

Mark was not certain if it was sincere or not, but he wanted to dismiss her as soon as possible.

"Okay, then. I'm not mad at you, but it doesn't mean I'm withdrawing the words I said to you on that day. If that's all, you can leave now. Sorry, I can't give you time today as well."

She was not satisfied with Mark's response, both Mark and Jinyoung knew it.

"Let's meet some other time when you're free, then."

"Well, honestly, I can't say for sure."

She bit down her lip in anger, and glared at Jinyoung, who was not looking at her.

"But I'm sure, we'll meet next time, Mark." She stood up, and with her sharp eyes on Jinyoung, "Have fun with your secretary, as for now, then," said she, with sarcasm, before leaving for the door.

Mark shook his head when the door was closed and Gayoon was out of sight.

In the cafeteria at the lunch time, and even after work, everyone was talking about the company dinner party, which was celebrated in September every year.

It was, however, the first time for Mark. It was always celebrated in the famous hotels; and this time, it was going to be in the party area of 'Golden Palace Hotel'.

He knew it was an important occasion, for all the employees to build their relationship, with the warm atmosphere.

"I'll come and pick you up tomorrow for the dinner. We'll go there by my car,"Mark said to Jinyoung, when they were at the car parking.

"I see, thanks, sir. I'll get myself ready at about 5pm," said Jinyoung, as it was at 6pm tomorrow. "See you tomorrow then."

Mark nodded, and looked at Jinyoung leaving to his own car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 2.7K 42
Seokjin starts working at a new school and didn't expect to fall for one of his coworkers.
15.4K 580 33
Mark thought he was taking a normal office job. But when things take a turn, he finds love around every corner of the office. Mark x NCT -ONGOING- :...
51.5K 2.9K 16
jeongin opens his heart to a new employee at the zoo. [ complete → rewritten v. → MAY 2019 ]
50.9K 2.8K 23
Mark was in desperate need of a flatmate but the thing was the new flatmate happened to be someone who he had bullied years ago. #markjin