Hunting Love

By BlaiseWeaver

Sabrina Jade lived during a time where vampires were the dominant species on Earth. The royal family controll... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Sequel + New Story
Important Announcement

Chapter 4

30K 1.2K 148
By BlaiseWeaver

Drew to the top

Chapter 4

Let's have a little lesson on how vampires find their soulmates, shall we? Female vampires find theirs through sight; they have to see their soulmate. Male vampires find theirs through touch, they have to come in physical contact with their soulmate.

With that being said, as soon as I look at the couple that walked in, it's like the air is knocked out of me. The guy has piercing gray eyes and thick, dark brown hair. I scan every inch of his face before looking down to see his black shirt that showed off his muscles. Then I see an arm wrapped around his torso and I look at the girl attached to him.

Everything about her looks perfect. Her skin is dark and doesn't have a single imperfection in it. Her eyes are dark brown and are surrounded with thick eyelashes and perfectly shaped eyebrows. Her raven black hair looks silky to the touch and I grimace when comparing it to my own light brown dead strands of hair.

I look between the two and notice that they seem close with each other, which makes me feel sick to the stomach.

"Drew, you're back!" Maybelle happily exclaims with a huge smile, and my mouth drops open in shock.

This is Drew? As in Drew King, the eldest son and heir of the royal family? Did the fates really pair me up with someone who's in charge of seeing that my kind doesn't exist? One part of his job is to make sure that I don't exist! Suddenly I regret my decision to volunteer here.

"And you brought Karla," one of the twins adds, with a tight smile. I can tell that it's fake since his facial features look too tight.

Wait a minute, weren't they just talking about Karla and Drew dating? Oh my goodness can this situation get any worse?

"Well of course, why wouldn't he bring me, his girlfriend, with him?" Karla asks, flipping her hair over her shoulder. I don't miss how she looked pointedly at me when she emphasized that she was his girlfriend. I slowly stand up while keeping my eyes on her in case she tries anything with me.

"Cause no one likes you," I hear him mutter under his breath. I giggle a little at that comment and he looks back at me with a smirk so I quickly try to pass it off as a cough. I glare at Karla suspiciously before noticing that Drew is staring intently at me.

Did he maybe feel something towards me?

"Is she the new slave?" he asks, looking at me curiously. The look of indifference he's giving me makes me want to crawl under a hole but I force myself to keep up my neutral facade. I can cry later when I'm alone and away from them all.

"Yeah. She's gonna be the new hunter here," Maybelle replies, putting a hand on my shoulder making me flinch. She frowns and slowly takes her hand off while I think her words over. They want me to be a hunter?

That's going to be easy then. Hunting is something I know how to do. It's in my blood, I know how to hunt. I love to hunt. I did it all the time just to survive. At least I wouldn't be doing something too bad, like being a blood slave. I can just imagine what would happen if they have me working as a blood slave to them.

Drew scans me from head to toe before turning his attention to twin one, since the other twin is nowhere to be found. I wonder where he is. "Can she even hunt? She doesn't look like she can even lift a bow!" he exclaims, motioning towards me.

I force myself to not break at the tone he's using while talking about me. I can't let them know who or what I am. I can't let anyone know. I have to keep this facade up for...the rest of my life actually.

To distract myself, I try to figure out why they wanted to get Alex if they wanted a hunter. Alex can't hunt to save his life, he doesn't even know the difference between a knife and a dagger! Why would they try get Alex instead of someone who actually knows how to hunt?

"Why would you guys get Alex if you wanted a hunter?" I ask the one twin that was here, since Drew is too busy talking to Maybelle.

"I could smell that you guys had deer for dinner, and someone had to hunt it so we tried to take your brother," he explains, shrugging his shoulders.

"But what made you think Alex can hunt?" I ask, before I realize what the answer is. In our family, Alex is the only male, of course they would think that it was Alex who caught the deer.

I roll my eyes at the thought and watch as Drew and the twin start arguing with each other. Shifting my feet, I feel something sharp against my ankle and after digging around my boot, my hands wrapped around a dagger.

Smiling to myself, I look up and make sure everyone is busy with something before taking the dagger out of my boot. Looking around, I try to find a target and that's when I see that at the wall farthest away from me, there's a painting of a woman holding a flower.

I stand up and twirl the dagger around in my hand before hurling it towards the wall and watching it hit the center of the flower.

Best part, it's inches away from Karla's head.

I turn back towards the group and hold back a smile when I see the approval in their eyes. Maybelle and the twin nod their heads in approval while Drew stares at me with slight awe in his expression, making me widen my smile.

"Good thing we didn't get the brother," the twin says, sighing in relief. I chuckle before peeking back at Drew since I'm pretty sure it's his decision whether I stay or not.

Karla stands up on her toes and whispers something in his ear before he slowly nods. He waves at Maybelle and the twin before walking away with Karla following him like a lost puppy. I don't miss the glare she throws my way before they both disappear from view.

As soon as they're gone, someone else enters the room and looks around the area. "What happened here? Oh hello," he says, walking up to me and holding out his hand. I swallow back my fear seeing that his fangs are out and poking his bottom lip.

I hesitate a little on telling him my name. Should I tell him my name? I'm just a slave so I guess there's no need for them to know. Besides, it's not like any of them asked. "I'm the new hunter," I introduce, slowly placing my hand in his.

"I'm Layton. Um, I'll show you to the servants quarters. You get your own room but all the slaves sleep in the same area," he explains, leading me down a hallway. After briefly looking around, I notice that there's no one else in the room so I start to follow after Layton.

He doesn't seem so bad. In fact, no one here seems as terrible as the town crier makes them out to be. Of course, I've only been here for barely an hour so I can't judge too quickly, but still none of them give off a bad feeling, with the exception of Karla.

"So you're the new hunter? First time I've seen a girl one," he says, looking down at me.

I hide my surprise that he's trying to have a conversation with me. I thought he would just show me to my room before leaving. "Yeah well. The twins were going to take my brother but then I volunteered instead so they'll let him go," I reply.

"Why would you volunteer? Normally family members would just be happy that it wasn't them that was being taken away," he says, looking confused.

Now that I'm really thinking about it, why did I do it? It's not like I owed him anything. He's never done anything nice to me since I was seven, so there was really no reason why I should even spare his life. He's never been thankful of anything I've done for him, so why did I do it? Maybe I thought that saving his life would mean that my family would finally see me as one of them.

I guess that was a pointless dream. One that was would never come true.

"I mean, the family is close. They'd do anything for each other," I say, staring off into the distance.

"The family. They would. You talk about them like you aren't one of them," he points out, opening a door and stepping through before I follow after him.

That's because I'm not one of them. "Did I? Sorry, I guess I'm just a little distracted," I tell him, trying to brush it off.

"Hm. You know Brandon and Braydon seem to take a liking to you. Apparently Braydon thinks that what you did was pretty brave and selfless," he says, chuckling to himself. "I think so too but it was mainly Braydon who kept bragging about you."

"When did you have the time to listen to him?" I ask.

"Braydon left soon after Drew and Karla came in and talked with me in the kitchen, that's how I knew that you arrived. Brandon was the one in the room with you. He only bragged about you before going back to the room to see how you were doing with the interview."

"Wait that was the interview?"

"Well, kind of. You still have to go to the proper one with the king and queen. But the one you just went through was just to see if we like you."

"Then how come you weren't there?"

"I'm the youngest so I don't really get involved in kingdom stuff."

"Sorry?" I offer awkwardly. What am I supposed to say to something like that? He doesn't seem to mad or sad when he said he doesn't get involved. Still, it seemed like a polite thing to say at the time.

"Nah don't worry about it. I'm actually not interested in that kind of stuff. Honestly, all I wanna do is find my soulmate so we could live together," he says, smiling to himself as if imagining the thought. Right, soulmates.

"That's nice," I tell him, feeling my mood drop with that one word. How am I supposed to be working here if I can't get the thought of him out of my mind?

"What's wrong?" he asks, noticing my change of mood.

"How can you tell the difference between the twins?" I ask instead, changing the subject.

"Oh, that's actually pretty easy. If you look carefully, Brandon is a tiny bit taller, like a couple of centimeters taller. But that's only if they're standing next to each other. When they aren't, Braydon has a little scar on top of his left eyebrow from when we got into a fight," he tells me.

"Thanks. That'll make it easier, and I won't have to refer to them as the twins anymore," I tell him. He suddenly starts to laugh loudly making me flinch back in shock.

"You're actually pretty fun to talk to, aren't you scared of us?" he asks, stopping in the middle of the dark hallway to look at me.

Considering my blood is poisonous to them if they ever bite me, I'm not really that scared. Okay that's a lie. I'm terrified about my future here but it's not like I'm going to tell him that. As long as they don't find out about me I should be good.

"Not really, you guys don't seem as bad as the town crier makes you out to be," I tell him, staring at one door distractedly. I can smell blood in that room making me struggle to keep my fangs in. Blame it on my family for not giving me any blood before I left.

"What does the town crier say about us?" he asks.

I didn't want to tell him about all the awful things that the crier says about his family. He might get angry and I don't want that to happen. "Don't worry about it," I say, walking away.

I feel him grab my arm and forcefully turn me around. With the amount of pressure he's putting into it, I didn't have to fake the pain it was causing me. Layton notices and lets go of my arm with an apologetic expression. "Sorry, forgot you were a human for a second," he says, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

"What was that for?" I grumble, rubbing my arm.

"Did I hurt you? Sorry," he sheepishly apologizes, before stopping at a door at the end of the hallway. "Alright, here's your room. Maybelle should be in there already because she has to get you ready for the royal dinner," he explains, and I just look back at him in shock.

Wait what?

__________________

I've only been in school for four days and I already regret it. Seriously, it's the fourth day, why the heck are we being bombarded with four different assignments and an upcoming test?

Anyways, let me know what you think. I'll add more bonus chapters to Forever Mine  later

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 1K 34
Secrets, demons, heartache, anger and a mutual hatred for jazz music. Just how much could two broken souls bond when they can't see past their hatre...
3K 92 19
Meet Sabrina Cooper. A 24-year old young adult college student at Stamford Academy. She keeps to herself and enjoys spending time with her best frien...
13.9K 813 68
One Girl. One Vampire. One werewolf. One cursed love. One Fate , Three lives. Sequel to " AVA " , you don't need to read it to understand it thou...
1.5K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...