Zuko/Sokka x Reader - One sho...

By justjoli

A book of one shots starring Zuko or Sokka. Read chapter 'Important' for a general warning regarding my writ... More

Important
Home - Zuko
First Payment - Zuko
Zuko x BloodBender!Reader
Demons - Sokka x Depressed!Reader [Modern]
Fire - Sokka x Firebender!Reader
Invasion: Part Two to Fire - Sokka x Firebender!Reader
Full Moon - Sokka x Waterbender!Reader
Competition - Zuko x Reader
Dinner: Part Two to Competition - Zuko x Reader
Final: Part 3 to Competition - Zuko x Reader
Lovers - Sokka x Reader
On Fire (Lovers Part 2) - Sokka x Reader
Home is where the heart is - Sokka x Reader
Island girl - Sokka x Waterbender!Reader
Protect you - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader
Parenting (Protect You: Part 3) - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader
Nightmares - Zuko x Reader
Ba Sing Se (Part 1) - Zuko x Reader
Revelation (Ba Sing Se: Part 2) - Zuko x Reader
Prison (Ba Sing Se: Part 3) - Zuko x Reader
Finally free (Ba Sing Se: Part 4) - Zuko x Reader
"Not the last airbender" - Sokka x Airbender!Reader
Zuko x Servant!Reader - Untitled :)
Not just royalty - Zuko x MaintenanceWorker!Reader
Helpless? Not so much. - Zuko x Blind!Reader
Growing Feelings - Sokka x Reader
No Strangers - Zuko x Firebender!Reader
All Seasons Round 1/3 - AU - Depressed!Zuko x GenderNeutral!Therapist!Reader
All Seasons Round 2/3 - AU - Depressed!Zuko x GenderNeutral!Therapist!Reader
All Seasons Round 3/3 - AU - Depressed!Zuko x GenderNeutral!Therapist!Reader
Suicide Hotlines
The promise of a kiss - Sokka x Neutral!Stutter!Reader

Pregnant travels (Protect you: Part 2) - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader

12.2K 236 117
By justjoli

I think this was requested by a few people. Enjoy! <3

Travelling the world with the avatar on a flying bison wasn't easy, with several crazy firebenders chasing you this didn't become easier. However things became a lot more complicated when you did this with a growing life inside you. It messed with your hormones and caused several discomforts, as well as turning your boyfriend highly overprotective. Your days were filled with Sokka's worried voice, often telling you to be careful and watch out: 

'Don't get too close to the edge, Y/N! What if you trip and fall out of Appa's saddle?'

'No, you can't go swimming in that. What if you get a cold?! I mean, that can't be healthy for our baby right?!'

'Stay here, it might be too dangerous for you out there.'

However there was more to Sokka than this overprotective nature. He'd always make sure you had everything you needed and more. Sokka insisted you slept somewhere soft, either on himself, Appa or a doubled layer of sleeping bags. He'd always be near you, his battle instinct ready to protect you and his unborn child from any danger. Even when you were asleep, he'd have one of his arms wrapped around you, holding you tight against him.

Sokka would worry about anything and everything regarding you, regardless of the fact that your baby belly was barely even showing. The regular mood swings you had, as well as the severe and almost constant craving you had for fruit pies and soup, were a clear sign of your pregnancy.

Sokka tried his best to provide these things for you whenever he could, sometimes scolding his sister when she didn't manage to make the soup as tasty as he believed you deserved. It were these moments when you'd tell him it was okay and he didn't have to worry so much about you. He never really stopped though.

It was after the meeting with Bato that you became more accepting of your situation. When Sokka went ice (rock) dodging with Aang, Katara and Bato, he specifically told you to stay put at shore. You were incredibly angry with him for this, but obeyed nevertheless, watching from a safe distance how your boyfriend guided the ship through the sea of rocks.

The sight of the dangerous sea frightened you and it was this feeling that made you kind of glad he hadn't allowed you on the ship: you wouldn't have been able to think clearly. Your boyfriend seemed to have a better judgement of the situation though while you silently prayed for a safe ending of the situation. His confident posture on the ship told you that he knew what he was doing and he'd make it, no matter how tough the situation.

Upon his return to the shore, you quickly made your way over to him. Greeting him with a big kiss and a tight hug, 'I'm so proud of you, Sokka', you told him with a smile, 'you did it!'

It was for this reaction, Bako gave you the symbol of Support. 'A warrior needs a supportive wife, in this case girlfriend. Her trust and loyalty in him are what keeps us going when we're out at sea. You're a strong lady, Y/N and you'll make a great mother and wife someday.'

The Northpole

Sokka was relieved when the gang finally made it to the Northpole. You had a small baby belly showing at this point. The first thing Sokka did was take you to the healers, while Aang and Katara went on their way to find themselves a waterbending teacher.

'Are you okay to walk?', Sokka questioned for the third time in under five minutes.

'Yes, I'm fine', you replied curtly, growing annoyed with his constant worrying over your health.

'If you're not, I could always carry you, sweetheart.'

'Sokka! Just stop it for once! I said I'm fine, I've been alright for these last couple of weeks. I'm OKAY, I don't need your constant babysitting over me. We're on our way to the healers, because you SO badly need to know everything is alright. Well let me tell you. I. AM. FINE!' You yelled the last part at him, causing several people to turn around and watch the scene on the street.

'Shh, baby', Sokka tried to comfort you but you held out your hand, signaling him to shut up and stomped away in the direction of the healers. Sokka following close behind, sighing to himself. Right before you walked in, he pulled you to the side, placing a needing kiss to your lips.

'I'm sorry I've been so worried about you, love. It's just that I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to you or our baby. You mean everything to me', Sokka apologized, looking into your eyes sincerely while rubbing his thumb on your cheek. The angry frown that was painted on your face slightly melted away as you almost gave in to his touch. Keyword: almost, you were still angry at his behavior and felt like Sokka didn't have any right to treat you this way.

'Okay. Let's just go', you escaped from his arms and walked into the healers hut. Sokka following close behind, shoulders slightly sagging from your rejection. He knew you didn't mean it, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

He stood by your side while the healers performed their work on your body, checking both yours and the baby's health as much as they could. Their touch felt quite healing and it was then, you slowly came down to your senses. More and more realizing what you had just put your boyfriend through. He only wanted to help. You sighed to yourself, deciding you needed to apologize to him as soon as you made it out of here.

'Congratulations to the both of you, everything seems to be going well with both mother and child. We're estimating you're almost one third of the way, which means you've got a little over six months left before the baby will be born', an elder told the two of you cheerfully. You smiled at her and thanked her before grabbing Sokka's hand and pulling him outside with you.

'That was good news, right?', Sokka attempted to smile at you, slightly scared of your reaction to anything he'd say at this point. You nodded before pulling him into a tight hug. Despite the surprise about your change of mind, he happily and immediately returned the hug, his arms sneaking around your waist tightly to pull you closer to him.

'I'm so sorry, Sokka. I was so mean to you when all you're trying to do is help me as much as you can. You only mean well and I was so ungrateful and-' Sokka lifted your face up so his eyes could meet yours, now filled with tears, and he pressed a kiss to your lips.

'Shh babygirl, it's alright. I still love you and I'm just happy you're okay.' With that he lifted you up on his waist and started carrying you back to the place you were staying at.

Ba Sing Se

Being in the city of Ba Sing Se was a nice change from your previous travels around the world. You didn't have to walk as much as before and could sleep comfortably in a bed side by side with Sokka. Your baby belly had grown quite visible over the course of the last weeks. Every day Sokka would kneel down in front of you and place kisses all over your bare tummy, caressing it lightly with his fingers and mumbling to it. The sight of the father-to-be was absolutely adorable.

The new changes in your body made you ache though, your back, your legs and occasionally a headache became part of your daily routine. The cravings and mood swings had lessened a bit, or Sokka had found a way to cope with them better than before. He'd rub your back whenever he could and placed kisses all over your face to try and divert your attention from your discomfort to something more pleasurable.

You had to stay at the house most of the days now that you were in the city. This made you feel slightly useless. However the group had assured you, it was only the best for you and your baby that you stayed inside safely, getting the rest you deserved after the desert travels.

You missed Appa badly. At some point you had believed you would die being in the desert without the sky bison, luckily Sokka was there to support you at all times, despite his own struggles.

'Sokka', you mumbled, barely able to keep your eyes open or support your weight. The extra weight of a baby bump made it much more difficult to walk around nowadays on any regular day. However in the heat of the desert it seemed impossible. Sokka looked over to his side where you were dragging yourself forward, gathering the last of his strength, he wrapped one of his arms around your waist to support your figure.

'I'm sorry, love', he murmured into your ear knowing he couldn't carry you this time in the burning heat of the desert. He would give up anything just for your wellbeing at this point so when Katara offered everyone some water, he declined insisting you were given the extra sip he didn't need.

Regardless of how weak Sokka felt in the desert, he kept reminding himself of your situation, the baby you shared and the life he wanted to give you. All of these things providing him with the strength to keep going, just for Y/N.

Sozin's comet

'Don't have our baby while I'm away, okay?', Sokka made you promise to this ridiculous statement.

'You know I can't help it, if I do right?'

While he and the others went out to defeat the Firelord, Sokka made you stay at the vacation house of the royal family. He believed Zuko when it came to: 'they will never look for someone in here.', and so it seemed like the safest place nearby to him.

'Just don't, I want to be there with you.'

Rolling your eyes, you decided to go along with your boyfriend, 'alright, but only if you return to me safely and in time.'

Sokka's smile turned serious, his grip on your hands tightening a little, 'always, princess. Remember what I told you when we set out on this journey months ago? I wanted you to come along, I didn't know what challenges we'd be up for and I had no idea we'd come to the point where everyone would be working on ending this war together. But even if I had known, I wouldn't have chosen any differently. You give me the strength I need to keep on fighting when it seems useless. I want to protect you, I need to for all the things you do for me that you don't know of. I love you with all my heart, Y/N and I promise you, I'll always come home to you, no matter how tough the battles get.'

Bonus

It was the night before Sozin's comet and Sokka laid wide awake with his Y/N beside him, an arm draped over her baby belly in a protective manner. She had been asleep for a few hours now. Sokka felt glad about this, his angel deserved to get as much sleep as possible. After all she was carrying their child.

This is where Sokka's worries came into play though. He didn't want the baby to be born without him being right beside you. He also feared being there with you after listening to the screams of a pregnant woman during their travels. What on earth would he do? But then again, he didn't want to put Y/N through this experience on her own either and he knew he needed to be there with her.

Sokka went to check if she was still sound asleep by waving his hands in front of her and very quietly whispering her name. 'No response, good', he thought to himself before sitting up and crawling down so his face was in front of Y/N's stomach. He carefully lifted the clothes up a little so he could see the bare skin and started murmuring against it.

'Hi little one, this is daddy Sokka here. I know you're going to be a big boy or girl and we all can't wait to see you, but you gotta listen to daddy now, okay? Daddy won't be here tomorrow to watch over you and mommy so you better be a good baby, alright? Stay nice and cozy in there while daddy helps save the world for you and mommy. Understood?'

Silence.

'Well, I'll take that as a yes', Sokka leaned in and pressed a light kiss to Y/N's belly, he then laid back down beside her again. He made sure she was covered by the blanket and wrapped his arms around her before he finally fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 348 9
Well, now this has gone from a one-shot to a series of Kataang One-shots. These are all one-shots and they are all in order. I believe all of these c...
51.5K 977 21
..••°°✬ ──── 𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝖾. come along and read a few short imagines of your favorite characters ❪ a:tla...
41.8K 1.4K 31
(Takes place after Firelord Ozai has been defeated) With conflicts arising from the earth kingdom colony; Yu Dao, the new Firelord; Zuko, has bee...
498K 7.2K 37
I decide to make something different besides undertale don't be afraid to request! so YEET