AfterDeath: 30 Days OTP Chall...

By Emo_daw_ako

The title says it all... More

List of Challenges
Day 1: First Meeting
Day 2: Holding Hands
Day 3: Cuddling
Day 5: Job / Work
Day 6: Apart From Each Other
Day 7: Sick
Day 8: Cooking / Baking
Day 9: Shopping
Day 10: Meeting a Friend
Day 11: Jealous
Day 12: Accident
Day 13: Watching Each Other Sleep
Day 14: Bodyguard
Day 15: Picnic
Day 16: Something Sharp
Day 17: Arguing/Fighting
Day 18: Taking Medicine
Day 19: Close Call
Day 20: Making Up
Day 21: Surprise!
Day 22: Hurt/Comfort
Day 23: Attacked
Day 24: Kidnapped
Day 25: Demand
Day 26: Rescue
Day 27: In Battle, Side by Side
Day 28: Recovery
Day 29: Sleeping In
Day 30: Celebration

Day 4: On a Date

3K 120 189
By Emo_daw_ako

AN: Have some fluff!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Geno's cries subsided down to quiet sniffles and occasional hiccups as he leans against Death's chest, as the latter kept rubbing soothing circles on his small back.

This was one of the worse break downs he ever had and it left him completely drained of his energy. Yet it was different from the rest. This time, someone was there for him. Comforting him. Wrapping him in a warm embrace that protects him from the harsh reality.

Geno almost drifted off to sleep due to the lingering tiredness, but felt a hand cupped his cheek as well as a soft call of his name.

The glitched skeleton looked up and met Death's soft gaze with evident guilt. "You okay?"

Geno nodded.

"I'm taking you home, alright?" The taller skeleton said with the same caring tone.

Another nod.

Death gently pried Geno off of him before standing up and asking Geno to wait right there. The young chief went back out through the door that he came in. Once again approached the boss, Muffet, to talk to her about Geno's condition.

The spider lady understood and gave Geno a permission to take the rest of the day off.

Death thanked her and went back to the break room to find that Geno had changed into a more casual wear. White hoodie jacket with plain white shirt underneath, a pair of black shorts, and high-cut converse shoes. Although the red scarf remains around his neck.

So much better than his uniform.

Death held the smaller skeleton's hand and led the way through the back door. They got into Death's car and it was Geno's turn to lead the young chief to their destination.

They soon reached an apartment building, at the northwest side of the city. Far from the café where the small glitched skeleton was working.

Geno thanked Death and expected him to leave, but instead followed him through the building and all the way to his rented place.

To say that Death wasn't pleased was an understatement upon the sight that greeted him inside. It was way too small, at least in his opinion, and everything was an absolute mess.

"You live here?" The young chief asked in disbelief and Geno gave a brief answer of "yeah" before going straight into his bedroom as Death explored the small home.

Geno was well aware of the mess, although as much as he wants to clean it up, he didn't have enough time and energy to do so. He always came home late and tired from work.

Geno flopped down on his bed, his body felt like lead and his eye slowly shut as sleep peacefully claims his tired mind. He felt the mattress depressed as Death sat on the edge. Geno cracked opened his eye and met with Death's worried gaze.

Death tenderly smiled down at him, gently caressing the smaller one's skull. Further lulling Geno into a peaceful and deep slumber.

Hours later, Geno woke up alone in the dark. It was already nighttime and streetlamps illuminates the empty street.

He's hungry. Geno groaned and rolled off the bed. Blindly walking through the darkness. He feel around for the light switch and flipped it.

Blinding white light burst from the lightbulb on the ceiling and Geno was greeted with a perfectly neat and tidy bedroom. The clutters and mess were gone. His items were organized and the stuffy smell was gone.

The same goes for the rest of the rooms in his small apartment.

Geno could only guess that it was Death's doing. Who else would be in this place. The small skeleton took note to thanked him later.

He checked the time and found that it was two hours before midnight. Remembering that he was hungry, he proceeded to the kitchen and was completely surprised to find a freshly cooked meal on the counter.

Oh wait, it wasn't exactly 'freshly cooked', it was encased in magic that preserves its heat and freshness. Geno dismissed the magic and immediately, the savory scent invaded his senses that makes his mouth water.

He started eating without a hint of hesitation. Savoring the delicious meal. He must say, Death was a great cook.

The next morning, Geno woke up late. Darn it! Scrambling off the bed and taking a quick shower. He doesn't even have enough time to eat a breakfast.

On the way out, he noticed a note on the coffee table. It's from Death.

Geno must have missed it last night.

It says he doesn't have to go to work today. Death called Muffet and informed her that Geno wasn't feeling well.

Geno fell back against the couch in relief. He was already prepared to receive an earful of scolding from his boss. But thanks to Death, he didn't have to go through that.

'P.S. I'll take you to the doctor tomorrow.'

*knock knock*

Geno opened the front door to find the one who saves him from the trouble. Death.

"Hey, ready to go?" The taller skeleton greeted with a wave of a hand.

Geno raised a nonexistent brow questioningly.

"Did you read the note? I said I'll take you to the doctor."

Oh.

With that, they were out the door and driving through the streets.

"Hey, Death," Geno called, without even looking at the taller skeleton from the passenger seat.

Same goes for Death, he kept his eyes locked the road, but prompted the other to proceed. "Yeah?"

"Thanks." It was brief and simple.

Although it was enough for Death. More than enough, actually. "Anything for you." It was the least he could do for saving him from drowning in loneliness.

"I didn't know you were a great cook." The smaller one complemented the other.

"I'm not. I hired someone to do that." Death grinned amusedly at Geno's dumbfounded expression. "It goes the same for cleaning your apartment."

Geno should've known. The household roles doesn't really fit with Death.

"Anyway, wanna grab something to eat?"

They stopped at the first diner they come across. Although with much protest from the smaller skeleton. Saying that Death had already done enough for him.

But Death insisted and immediately orders their meals leaving Geno without a choice but to comply. Their foods were served soon and Geno found himself staring at his breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon and some toast.

"I would've preferred some pancakes but I figured that you're probably already sick of them considering that you're working in place that serves them." Death explained as he took a sip of his black coffee.

"hmm, not exactly." Geno mumbled as he prodded the egg with the fork. Bursting the yolk in the process.

Death raised a brow and set his cup of coffee down. "What do you mean?"

"Well... My doctor strictly forbids me from eating anything sugary and unhealthy. So, as much as I wanted to eat a cake, I can't." Geno said with a hint of disappointment in his tone and took a bite of his food.

"Wait, so you liked sweets and you work in a sweet shop, but you're not allowed to eat anything sweet? Isn't that a bit of a masochist?" Death teased which earns him a halfhearted glare for the smaller skeleton across the table. The young chief merely chuckled.

"What's your sickness, anyway?" Death changed the subject.

"It's not exactly a sickness. More like a 'disability'." Geno looked away and unconsciously placed a hand over his chest where his soul would be. Death's smile falters, but didn't say anything. Allowing the glitched one to continue.

"I only have a one ninth of a soul. My soul is too weak and barely produces enough magic, therefore I need to take my pills." Geno informed the other the dark truth. "The pills temporarily boost my energy that allows me to live a normal life. If not, I would've been stuck in a hospital."

Death previous enthusiasm was completely gone. "I'm sorry."

But Geno just smiled and said it was fine.

There he goes again, hiding his pain behind a smile. Death couldn't believe he let himself be fooled by Geno's good acting skills.

After their meal, they went straight to the hospital. Although not the one Geno was expecting. He thought they were going to see his doctor who owns a small clinic. But no.

They're here, at the most advanced hospital in the city. Also the most expensive.

Geno began to protest but was gently hushed by Death as he lead him through the maze of sanitized hallways, rode the elevator up to the top floor and to the owner's office.

Death open the door without any second thought which alarms Geno at the rude act.

"Hey there, Tori!" Death greeted the goat lady behind the desk piled with papers. She perked up and frowned upon seeing her, more or less, friend.

"Death, I told you, I can't bring the dead back to life." She immediately said as if it's their usual conversation.

"nah, I'm not here for that. I'm here because I wanted you to meet someone." Death said and gestured a hand to Geno who was shyly standing by the door and fiddling with his scarf.

Tori shifted her gaze to the direction to see Geno nervously waved at her.

"Oh hello, dear. Come closer, don't be shy." She cooed and Geno did. Standing close to Death.

Death introduced Geno to the goat lady and they exchanged names and talked about themselves for a bit.

"Dear, I would advise you not to stand too close to Death. If you touch him, you'll die." She warned in concern.

"ahem, actually..." Death held Geno's hand, intertwined their fingers together before lifting it up in the air to allow Tori to see.

Tori's eyes widened as she gaped. Before squealing like a teenage high school girl. Saying something about soul mates which utterly confuses the two skeleton.

After calming down, the young chief asked the lady goat to take a look at Geno's soul. She asked a few questions but nonetheless proceeded with the task after offering the them a seat.

Geno told her about his condition and current medication, as well as his doctor's advise. The lady goat listened intently, taking notes on a piece of paper, and asking a few more questions.

After that, a comfortable silence filled the room as Tori reviews her notes. A frown adorning her lips and here eyes worriedly shifting back and forth from the piece of paper to Geno worriedly.

"Who's your doctor?" She suddenly asked.

"Dr. Wingdings."

Nope, Tori never heard of his name. She looked over at Death who shrugged his shoulders. Clearly doesn't have any idea either. Oh well, proceed.

"There's something wrong." She mumbled quietly but Death heard her and he abruptly stood up. Ready to demand some answers.

"I'm afraid you were given the wrong diagnosis." She began and Geno felt his soul sunk.

"What do you mean?" The glitched skeleton anxiously questioned.

"This diagnosis is for a human." She said. "Your doctor gave you the wrong information. He must've not known anything about a skeleton monster-". She was cut off by the Geno.

"No, you don't understand. He's a skeleton, too. Dr Wingding is a skeleton." Geno informed, his worries growing deeper.

This piece of info flabbergasted both Tori and Death. This doesn't make any sense. A skeleton doctor would've known everything about their own kind's anatomy, yet why did he lie?

"Can I see your pills?" She requested and Geno took the bottle of pills from the pocket of his jacket.

The lady goat opened it and examined the content. There was no label which makes it even more suspicious.

"Geno, I would advise you Not to take these anymore." She said in a warning tone which scares the small glitched skeleton.

"B-but I needed those pills."

"No, you don't." She said as she went around her desk and knelt in front of Geno, so she was at his eye level.

Tori explained that in order for his soul to gain more energy, he just needs to eat high calorie foods. For the skeletons doesn't have a stomach, or flesh in fact, it wouldn't affect their physical health. Anything they eat would be immediately converted to magic energy.

Geno was astonished to hear this. "I can eat sweets?" He asked rather adorably childish. His only eye bright with happiness.

At her nod, Geno leaped from his chair and wrapped his arms around Tori. Much like how a child hugs their mother. Geno thanked her again and again. Completely forgotten about his earlier anxiety.

With one last advise from Tori, which was to be careful, Death and Geno went on their way. Death was glad to see Geno so happy. His face adorned with real smile.

They stopped by the nearest pastry shop and Death absolutely loved watching Geno indulge himself of some sweets treats.

This was one of the best day he ever had.

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

AN: I know, too long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 80 61
This is the sequel to my Destructivedeath story so if you didn't read that please read it first or you'll be lost(probably). Please enjoy otherwise w...
2K 164 7
Yeah I gained an idea and stuff so things will be different even personalities and everything you can think of :)
44.3K 687 30
What the title says, info inside :) I also put it as mature just to be safe
138K 5.1K 24
| Some people don't change |