Endless Love

De Somesunshine1

This is the third and final book of my Gelphie series Endless Love. Elphaba has regained her memories, and no... Mais

A New Beginning
Glinda's Garden
What Happened at the Gazebo
Fallout
Alone
An Unexpected Trip
The Emerald Palace
A Visit From Jake
A Run in with an Ex
Caught in the Act
An Explanation for Lerena
Admitting Mistakes and Asking Forgiveness
A Surprise for Elphaba
Reunited
Highmuster
Good News!
Waking Glinda
A Night on the Town
Glinda's Request
Shopping and Lunch
Panicked!
An Anonymous Letter
Misunderstanding and Confusion
Are We Still Together?
The Last Straw
Regretting What Was Said
Never Gonna Let You Go
Forkroot
Tea Time
Seeking Permission
Persistent
Masquerade Preparations
Masquerade
Secret Meetings
Surprise Proposal
Witness to Love
Discussing the Party
Telling the Parents
Embarrassed
Choosing a Season
Let the Planning Begin
Like a Daughter
Finding the Perfect Gown
Dressage and Dresses
Uncomfortable Experiences
Dodging Glinda
Bridal Shower.... No!
A Restless Night
Changed Plan
Unexpected Guests and a Gift
A Father's Memories

Blast From the Past

363 14 22
De Somesunshine1

(Mystery Gentleman)

It has been a couple hours since my Mistress, her associate, and I arrived here at the party. It was surprising just how challenging it was to find the host and hostess amongst the masked guests of the party, but we eventually were able to figure how who they were. We made our way over to them where we waited for the opportunity to speak with them.

"Good evening Master and Lady Upland!" My Mistress greets them with a curtsy while her associate and I bow. "My I say that your Masquerade party is very lovely."

"Good evening Madam. Sirs." Master Upland greets us. "Thank you we have been planning this event for several months now." He says beaming. "I actually should say my wife has been planning this."

They continue to talk and I glance around in hopes of catching a glimpse of Lady Glinda, and just when I begin to give up hope she comes over to her parents. She looks positively radiant! I can't help but stare at her, but then I notice she is practically wrapped around the arm of some guy. My fists clenched at me sides, and it's a good thing I am wearing a mask because I find myself glaring furiously at her. I shouldn't let it bother me I have no claim on her, yet, but I plan on changing tha!

I make my way over to her. "Excuse me, Lady Glinda, but I was wondering if I may have a the next dance?" I ask her, and I notice she looks over at the gentleman she is arm in arm with. He nods to her and lets go of her arm.

"O-of course. I would love to." She say and takes my hand, and I lead her to the dance floor.

"May I say that you look lovely tonight Lady Glinda." I tell her with a smile. "You almost seem to be glowing."

"Thank you." She says blushing a little as she giggles. "I have been having the most wonderful evening so far."

"That's good." I say as we weave our way around the dance floor Waltzing to the music. "Your mother informs me that you have been with the gentleman I was took you from for most of the night. He must be someone quite special to be able command your attention for most of night, as I am sure, there are any number of fine gentleman looking to share a dance with you, Your Goodness."

"Oh, please, drop the title. I am no longer ruler and not do I deserve the title." She says waving off the formalities. Then she looks at me oddly from behind her mask. "I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

"I don't believe so. We have never met." I lie, and she glances down for a moment. "Oh. I'm sorry then. It's just being a ruler you meet so many people, and I thought we may have crossed paths at some point."

"No sorry." I say shaking my head, and we are about halfway around the room now, and I ask her another question. "Lady Glinda, why is it you don't want anyone to call you by your title?"

"As I stated I am not the ruler any longer and when I stepped down I figured I leave that title behind as well. I just want to fade into the background now." She says sort of gazing off into nowhere for a few seconds before she smiles at me. "You understand, don't you? After so many years of feeling the burden of being a leader I am just ready to, I guess for lack of a better word, retire from the business of everything."

"No offense Lady Glinda, but do you really believe that you can just fade into the background? I mean, think about it. You were the greatest leader, aside from the Wizard, to oversee Oz ever." I watch the look on her face flicker briefly.

"The people will find someone else to look up to." She says confidently.

"You seem fairly sure about that."

"Why shouldn't they?" She asks me as I give her a twirl, and reply to her. "You are the one who the people looked up to after the Wizard left. You were the one that reassured everyone that Oz was safe and free from the Wicked Witch at last. Don't you see Lady Glinda, that even if there is something that was discovered that would say prove that you somehow lied about certain events that went on and found a traitor the people wouldn't forget you."

I can't help but notice she blanches a little at that comment and I give an internal smile. "Wh-what do you mean? Why would anyone suspect anything? There isn't anything anyone can hold against me!" She says quickly looking very panicked as she looks around making sure nobody was listening.

"I meant nothing by it, I can assure you." I chuckle a little. "I was just saying hypothetically speaking."

"That maybe, but I am not amused by it in the least!" She says angrily. "Now if you would please excuse me I need to use the powder room!" She huffs and storms off.

(Elphaba's POV)

Glinda and I had returned to the party after our engagement, and needless to say, I was on cloud nine! I was glad I had decided to propose to her tonight, because being in costume, dressed as a man and wearing a mask, I am free to spend my evening with my fiance, even if nobody could know about us.

As we approached her parents we notice three guests chatting with them, and one of the gentlemen begins to make his way over to us. "Excuse me, Lady Glinda, but I was wondering if I may have a the next dance?" He ask her, and I notice she looks over at me. Knowing I must keep up my mute appearance I give a nod and release her arm, and as he goes to the dance floor I watch feeling slightly jealous.

"Pardon me, Sir." I am pull my gaze away as the older lady the Upland's were talking with addresses me. "I was wondering what you name is?"

"Oh! I am sorry m'lady, but he doesn't speak." Lerena tells her, and I nod in confirmation.

"Forgive me please, Sir. I meant no offense. I simply didn't know!" She says sounding embarrassed and a little mortified. I shrug and give a slight bow, and then I figured maybe I could get her to dance, and that way maybe I can at least get close to Glinda again. I stop bowing I motion for the dance floor as I hold my arm out. She nods. "I would love to!"

We make our way to the dance floor and as we begin to waltz she start talking. "Have you enjoyed your evening tonight?" I nod in response. "I have as well. It is such a beautiful night, and the perfect time to be festivating, don't you think?" Again I nod.

"You know it is such a shame that her Goodness, Lady Glinda, has stepped down from being ruler. You know she said it was because it got to be too stressful, but I have my own theory." I tilt my head to the side slightly letting her know I was interested in hearing what she had to say. "I believe it was for love."

My mind begins to race. What did she mean suspects that Glinda quit because of love? Why would she suspect that? Glinda was married for Oz sake! Besides there was nothing that could have made anyone believe otherwise. Was there?

"Excuse me Sir, but are you quite alright?" She asks, and I immediately nod. "I suppose you must have been wondering why I believe that to be the case." She says it as a fact instead of a meir question. I nod, and she goes on. "You see I have known Lady Glinda for many years." How has she known Glinda for year? Who is she? "I see you seem to be thinking again." She says laughing a little. "You see, our paths did cross. Many years ago, at Shiz." She says as if she was in a memory now. Everything in me wanted her to just hurry up and tell me what school had to do her theory!

I give her a spin before she finally begins to tell me what she means. "You see when Lady Glinda attended Shiz she was very popular. Everyone adored her. Everyone that is except one person. Do you know who that one person was?" I had a feeling but I shook my head. "The one person was Elphaba Thropp, and yes my dear Sir, I do mean the same Elphaba Thropp that was known as the WIcked Witch of the West."

I shudder internally at hearing myself being called the Wicked Witch, and you know what? It is my fault I was labeled that. The people basically demanded if of me, and so yeah, I gave into their demands. That doesn't mean I want to hear it, because deep down I know that that wasn't, isn't who I am. I focus back into what she was saying as we take a break from dancing and make our way outside and wander around the groups of people strolling through the gardens.

"Lady Glinda and the Witch ended up as roommates, and they loathed eached others, but as time went on things changed. Not everyone noticed it, but I did. They became good friends, then best friends, and finally lovers." She says watching me, and I do my best to not react to the fact that this person knew Glinda and I.

"When the Witch dropped out of Shiz Lady Glinda changed. She lost all her zest for life, and sort of was there, but not there." She says and motions towards a bench we go over and sit. I find myself growing more nervous, but still remain calm. "As I am sure you are well aware that several years ago a young girl from another place came and 'killed' the Witch." I nod again letting her know I am still listening.

"It wasn't long after the Wicked Witch was killed that signs and rumors started going around that said 'Elphaba lives! You see, I believe that her Goodness heard of this and perhaps found out that the rumors"

I felt even more sick. How in Oz did people know I was alive? The only two people who knew were Fiyero and Nanny. Fiyero was dead and Nanny, well, Nanny was crazy, and how could anyone have found out? Nanny never left Kiamo Ko, and as I said before she's was insane. Nobody would have believed her.

"Are you alright?" I hear the lady asking me. "You are just staring into the night." I start slightly and look at her with a nod. "Oh thank Oz!" She says taking my hand. "I would hate for this lovely evening to be ruined for you, especially when you just got engaged."

My mouth drops open in awe. How did this woman know? She laughs at my expression. "Are you surprised I know about the engagement? Well, don't be. You see I know a great deal about a lot of things. Would you like to know something else I know?"

A part of me screams no, but I find myself nodding reluctantly. "Good! I was hoping you would, because I want you to know that I know your secrets," and before I can react she turns to face me and stare into my eyes. "I know that Lady Glinda left Sir Chuffery because she found out from her mother that Elphaba Thropp is still alive. I know for a fact that Lady Glinda is now engaged to you, and that you are none other than Elphaba Thropp herself, the Wicked Witch of the West."

I stare unable to react to the sickness I feel rising in my stomach. My mind races for several moments a jumbled wreck. I go to ask how she knows, but she already seems to know what I am going to say and laughs. "You always thought you were smarter than everyone, and better than everyone. That was a downfall for you. You got cocky and sloppy. You see years ago you should have really made certain I was actually dead. I am sure you thought you had with your knife cut." She then shows me a scar. Why is she showing me a scar, and what is she talking about? "Lucky for me, I had actually foreseen what was going to happen and made preparations."

She stand then and smiles at me with a grin that freezes me. "Enjoy your engagement, Miss Elphaba, because your 'happiness' will be short lived. All of Oz will hear the truth, and you my dear, you will finally get what you will deserve! This time you will die and stay dead!" She is growling, and I swallow before taking a step back. "Now you have a good night, and enjoy the remainder of your evening."

She then walks off heading back towards the house and I am left standing there staring after her. Who was that woman? I had a horrible feeling though I already knew who it was, and if I am correct I had to get to Glinda right now!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

58.1K 1.9K 45
So much happened after Elphaba and Fiyero left Oz. (Elphaba's POV) DISCLAIMER: I SADLY DO NOT OWN WICKED 5.19.22 You guys... I wrote this when I was...
18.8K 568 16
Galinda and Elphaba. Unadulterated hatred. All it took was a storm.
81.6K 2.1K 50
This is a Descendant story that will follow Eleanor Thropp through her trip to Auradon. Eleanor is the daughter of Elphaba and Fiyero, also known as...
650 34 3
Two-shot. Musicalverse (post-musical) Elphaba and Fiyero are finally together, fleeing Oz for good. The separation from her former best friend breaks...