In The Shadows (A Justin Bieb...

By dominicsccott

Love Never Dies. Unfortunately, Neither Do They. This story is mine and mine alone. If you want to transla... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: Running
Chapter 3: Change me
Chapter 4: Tragedy
Chapter 5: Seeing through his eyes
Chapter 6: Discovery and Memories
Chapter 7: Learning the Alphabet
Chapter 8: You see me but not me
Chapter 9: Control?
Chapter 10: Different Demons
Chapter 11: Hide and Seek
Chapter 12: Found
Chapter 13: Alone
Chapter 14: Attack
Chapter 15: Close
AN
Chapter 16: Myrnin
IMPORTANT
Chapter 17: Him
Chapter 18: Home?
Not an update!!!
Q&A
Chapter 19: Save Me
AN
Chapter 20: Hold
AN
OMG
Chapter 21: Finding Out
Chapter 23: End
;)

Chapter 22: Demands

2.9K 139 15
By dominicsccott

SOC is I'm Not Alone by Calvin Harris

~Rebecca~

************************************

It was the scream that woke me. It was a high pitched, female scream, and it was full of terror. I shot up and the bed creaked as Justin sat up and stood in one fluid motion, already heading for the door.

"Wait!" I called after him, scrambling out of bed and pulling on a pair of black cotton shorts before tearing after him. He was already at the end of the hall and waited for me, his eyes narrowed and red.

Wordlessly he picked me up and vaulted the railing. I pressed my face into his shirtless chest and in a few seconds he quickly put me down and raced into the living room. I followed close behind and skidded to a stop when I saw the scene. Eve was kneeling in the middle of the room, Michael's head in her lap. His skin was paler than normal for a vampire, and his face was covered in blood. There were bite marks in his neck.

Eve was sobbing, her hands stroking his face as Claire and Shane ran in. Claire didn't see me and smacked into me. I shrieked in surprise and pain as we crashed to the ground.

"Aye, get off!" I protested as Claire head butted me accidentally.

"Sorry, sorry!" she said, scrambling up and offering me her hand. I took it and she pulled me up. We went to stand beside Justin, and his hand subconsciously went to my hip, his thumb stroking the exposed skin gently. He was staring at Michael, his eyes surprised.

"Eve, what happened?" he asked, letting go of me and dropping to his knees next to the young vampire. Claire had told me the other day he had been turned only two years ago.

"I don't know! I came down to get a drink and I saw him in the living room!" she choked out, and Justin tilted Michael's head to get a better look at the bites. He frowned, then stiffened.

"Claire, call Amelie. Now!" He said, and I could hear an undertone of fear in his voice. If a vampire was scared, then that was reason for a full out panic. Claire nodded and quickly dialled a number on the house phone, pacing as she pressed it against her ear.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up!" She repeated quietly, then stopped pacing. "Amelie? We need your help. Michael has been bitten, Justin told me to call you, and-" She stopped and listened. "Okay," She said, and hung up. "She's on her way," She told Justin. He gave no indication he heard her, instead he put pressure on Michael's wounds and growled in frustration.

"Natalie, give me your knife." He said. I frowned. "Why?"

"Just do it!" He shouted, and we all jumped. I took the steps three at a time, running into my room and pulling the knife from my jeans pocket. I quickly went back down the hall and stairs and handed the knife to Justin. He sighed and quickly sliced his wrist. I shrieked and tried grabbing his wrist, but he jerked away, pressing his wrist to Michael's mouth. He latched immediately, and Justin pulled away after a few minutes. Still Michael didn't open his eyes. I came forward again and placed a hand onto Justin's shoulder. He had his eyes closed as he healed, and they snapped open to reveal his crimson eyes. My eyes widened and my breath hitched, but I didn't back away.

"Natalie, go check of there are any blood bags or bottles in the fridge, and hurry," he said, and I scurried into the kitchen, yanking open the fridge. I stared into it. "Oh, crap." I whispered. It was empty of any blood.

I walked back into the living room, and Justin stared at me, his eyes hungry. I could just see his sharp fangs resting on his full lower lip. "There are none," I said quietly, coming to a stop in front of him. He closed his eyes. I took in a shaky breath and pressed my wrist against his mouth. His eyes snapped open and he stared at me, shocked. He took my wrist in his big hands and he pulled me down to straddle his lap. He got down from his knees and crossed them instead, seating me in the gap between his crotch and his shins. My legs were on either side of his waist, and he cupped my cheek in his hand.

"I apologise for shouting at you," He whispered, pressing his forehead against mine. "It's okay," I replied. "You sure you want to do this?" He asked lowly. (A/N ALAYLM had to do it xD) I bit my lip before nodding. "Yeah."

He quickly pressed his lips against mine, then pulled my wrist gently to his mouth. He kissed my hand gently before turning it over and exposing my wrist to him. He located the largest vein and I sucked in a sharp breath as his fangs pierced my skin. He cupped my face in his other hand but didn't look up. His thumb stroked my face soothingly and I turned my face into his hand, gently kissing his palm. I waited for a while, then whispered, "Stop." He did so immediately and licked the blood from his lips, putting pressure on my wrist. Claire appeared beside us and she wordlessly handed Justin a First Aid kit. He opened it with one hand and pulled out some gauze, tape and plaster. He pressed the plaster on first, then wrapped the gauze quickly, his hands a blur. He snipped the gauze and put some white opaque tape on the end, sealing it together.

"I see your medical skills have not diminished over time Justin." Amelie's cool voice startled all of us, and we jumped, even Justin. He looked behind me, his eyes swirling back to his dark caramel eyes. I twisted and Justin's arms went around my waist. He stood, picking me up. I felt weak, lightheaded and dizzy. I rested my head against his chest as he cradled me close, eyes half open.

"Come," he said to Shane and Claire, but allowed Eve to stay. He took me into the kitchen and wrapped my legs around his waist, arms hanging loosely behind his neck as my head lolled. My heart was beating so fast. He opened the fridge, one arm on my lower back to support me. He pulled some food out and quickly heated it up. "Shane, get her some orange juice and sugar," He ordered without looking at him. He stood in front of the stove, his arms wrapped around me. He picked the bowl up and sat down at the table, pulling me around so my legs were across his lap. He pushed a spoonful of chilli to my lips, and I opened my mouth, chewing then swallowing. I took the spoon from him after a while, feeding myself. I should have felt ashamed and embarrassed to have him feeding me like a baby, but I wasn't. He still had his strong arms around me, and as soon as Shane put down the glass of orange juice and the plate of homemade cookies Claire had made the other day, he handed the glass to me, taking the now empty bowl. I gulped it down thirstily and wolfed down the delicious chocolate chip cookies. Shane had warmed them up in the microwave, so it was soft and the chocolate was gooey. After I was done, I sighed and straddled Justin again, wrapping my arms around his torso and resting my head on his chest. He pressed his lips against my forehead multiple times, his arms wrapping securely around me. He rested his head on top of mine, and I snuggled closer. I opened my eyes slightly to see Shane and Claire watching us, surprise evident in their faces.

"Never knew you had a soft side Elder Justin," Shane remarked and Justin stiffened. He growled lowly and I saw Shane tense up.

"Do not test me boy, my concern is not for you. Only Natalie at this time. Do not push me, or there will be consequences." He murmured, rubbing my back gently. I looked up and kissed his jaw gently. He purred, and I smiled. "Try to get along, please," I whispered. "It'll be better, I don't like fights."

He sighed before nodding. "I apologise Shane. I am just wound up about all this. Someone tried to claim Michael, and that is not good." He said. I looked up at him again.

"What does that mean?" Claire asked, and I looked up at Justin again. He pressed his forehead against mine; I kissed him lightly and swiftly, and he purred again.

"It means that there are vampires going rogue, trying to make other vampires theirs." I frowned, pulling my head away from his to bury my head into his neck. He trailed his fingers down my neck, then along my back.

Justin stood, and the others followed him into the pantry. He sat on a comfy armchair and leaned back, taking me with him. He pressed the side of his face against mine, and I smiled.

"It's weird seeing you like this Justin, you're usually so... Distant when it comes to touching others." Claire said timidly. He looked at her glaring, then did something that surprised all of us. He made a funny face at her. He crossed his eyes and smiled, bending his head and tilting it at the same time, so it looked like he had double chins. I burst out laughing and so did Shane and Claire. Justin laughed too, leaning forward and pretending to drop me. I shrieked and grabbed at him. He laughed again and pulled me up, holding my body against his. He kissed me, and I hummed. I slid my hands over his shoulders and chest, and he regretfully pulled back.

"I agree with you Claire. I used to be uptight and didn't know how to feel remorse or compassion. But things have changed." He told her, and I kissed his cheek again. He turned to look at me, and I pulled back slightly, waiting for a second then pecking his lips.

"Justin, can, um, can I ask you a few questions? Just so we can know you better, since you're basically here all the time." Claire said, and he looked at her in surprise. Then he nodded. "Alright. What do you want to know?" He said, leaning back in the chair again.

"How old are you?" Claire wasted no time in asking.

"Two thousand and twenty years old," he replied.

" Favourite thing to do?"

"Used to be hunting or training."

"What is it now?"

"Being with Natalie," He said softly, staring into my eyes. Claire 'Aww'd' and he chuckled.

"Favourite colour?"

"Black and green."

"Favourite food?"

Justin looked at her in disbelief. "Oh, sorry, I didn't know you don't eat human food," she said quickly. "I do. Shane's chilli without the garlic and spaghetti." He cut her off.

"Um, did you have any family?" Oh crap.

Justin stiffened and his eyes turned black. I cupped his face and he closed his eyes, breathing out heavily.

"What? What did I say?" Claire asked. I quickly made frantic stop motions with my hands behind my back. She fell silent, and I leaned back, watching Justin. He remained silent, eyes closed for a few minutes.

"Justin?" I asked uncertainly.

"Don't. Just don't." He snapped, and I recoiled at how deep and demonic his voice sounded.

"Natalie, come over here!" Shane said urgently, and I moved to get up, but Justin's eyes snapped open and he snarled, grabbing my wrists in a vice like grip. I cried out as his fingers dug into the bite, but Justin didn't seem to notice. His eyes were black and red, and he snarled at Shane.

"Do not try to take her from me boy!" He hissed, and from the corner of my eye I saw Shane stiffen, his fists clenching.

"She is mine. Only mine. Try to tell her to leave me again and I will made you regret ever being born!" As he talked, his grip had subconsciously tightened until we all heard a snap. White hot pain seared through my arm, and I screamed. Justin's eyes went wide and he gasped in horror. He let go of me and I scrambled off him, backing away and clutching my left wrist to my chest. Shane leapt forward and grabbed me, pulling me behind him. Eve came rushing in and skidded to a stop when she saw the knife in Shane's hand.

"Shane no!" I shouted. He looked over his shoulder at me. I shook my head frantically. He clenched his jaw and whipped around when Justin stood.

"Natalie, I am so sorry, I had no intentions whatsoever to hurt you!" He said, his eyes full of horror and sadness. I whimpered and Claire and Eve rushed to my side. Eve gently pulled my arm away and examined the wrist.

"It's snapped, you need to go to the hospit-" But before she could finish, Justin passed Shane in a blur and stood before me. We all shrieked and flinched away. He cupped my face and I whimpered. He stared into my brown eyes, his own a soft viridian colour. Their eyes turn viridian when they're sorry or sad, I remembered. "Natalie, I promise you, I did not mean to do that! You must believe me! I wolf never intentionally harm you." I whimpered again, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I'll take her to the hospital," Eve said, coming forward. Justin growled lowly and shook his head, pulling me into his arms. "I will take her, I am faster," He said, and Shane stepped in front of him, blocking the door. "Get in my way one more time boy, I dare you!" Justin hissed, agitated. Shane folded his arms and didn't move. He only moved when Amelie came in.

"Let him pass Shane," She said, but he remained where he was. "Shane, you are not protecting her, you are just hurting her, prohibiting Justin from taking her to the hospital will only leave her in agony longer. Move. Now." He moved, and Justin wasted no time in rushing out the door, heading towards the hospital.

****************

"Okay, on one... TWOTHREE!" The nurse said, and I yelped when she gently but firmly set the bone straight. She had already stitched up the vein Justin had accidentally dug into when he broke my wrist, and now she started putting that hard plaster stuff on my wrist, going from the middle of my fingers to three quarters of my forearm. I clutched Claire's hand tightly. She was the only one allowed in, Justin didn't want to what he'd done to me (on accident, I kept telling him!) Eve had to work, and Michael was with Amelie. Shane was getting some food for us.

"Do you want it coloured?" She asked me. I barely heard her. The door had opened and Shane came in, followed by Justin. His eyes met mine, still that light viridian colour, and I tried for a smile, but it was broken when she moved my wrist again. I winced and cried out softly. I wasn't overreacting, it seriously hurt! Justin was immediately next to me, and Clare let go of my hand to get the food from Shane and Justin's large hand covered mine in her place. Unlike Claire's, his hand completely dwarfed mine, and his fingers were longer and more slender. I was instantly warmed, and Justin squeezed my fingers, just barely. I could tell he was petrified of hurting me again. I breathed out and closed my eyes, resting my head. Justin leaned forward and pressed his lips against my forehead, and I heard the nurse tut quietly, then mutter something inaudible under her breath. Justin stiffened and I opened my eyes to see him glare at her.

"Want to repeat that Angeline?" He said venomously. She gave him a false smile, more of a sneer. "I didn't say anything Sir." She replied, and Justin hissed at her. She recoiled slightly.

"Justin, don't," I said, and he looked at me. I shook my head, and he sighed, resting his head on top of mine.

"In the future, never call Natalie a gang banger, or there will be severe consequences!" He spat at her, and I stared at her. She seemed oblivious to him, and turned to me. "Do you want it coloured or not?" She snapped. "Green please," I said timidly. She didn't reply, just pulled some green wirey tapey bandage stuff (I actually have no idea what it's called lol) and put it on.

*****************

"Is she sleeping?"

"Yes, why?"

"We need to talk." I was surprise to hear Amelie. I felt a weight lift from the hospital bed. "About?" Justin inquired.

"We are leaving Morganville." I gasped, but quickly turned it into a cough, lolling my head to the other side, yawning. I could feel the vampires staring at me, but refused to let on I was awake.

"Why?" Justin demanded after a few tense moments.

"We cannot afford to stay here. Vampires are going rogue, and the Lycans are on the verge of finding us. I will be gathering the humans at midday tomorrow in the Town Square, and I will finish Morganville. Take only what is essential."

"I'm bringing Natalie and her friends. I placed her under my Protection, I cannot leave her." Justin said immediately.

"No, you cannot bring humans. Even if she is your-" She abruptly cut off.

"My what?" Justin hissed.

"Nothing. You will not take her."

"Then I will not go!" He snapped.

"You will. Do not force me to use my Will on you Justin!" She hissed, and I shivered slightly at the time of their voices. A door slammed, and Justin growled.

"What does she mean, she'll finish Morganville?" I inquire as soon as the door closes, turning to face Justin. He turned to look at me, and sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Go to sleep Natalie, you need rest," He said tiredly, but I folded my arms and sat up. "Tell me!" I persisted.

"Go. To. Sleep Natalie. This isn't a concern of yours." I was getting irritated. "Not until you tell me, please!" I begged. He sighed in irritation and wrapped an arm around me, burying his face in my neck.

"She's going to destroy Morganville, and every human in it."

******************************************************

Hiya!! 10 votes 10 comments til the next chapter? <3

Vote!!

Fan!!

Comment!!

~Rebecca~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 1.9K 24
He looks at me with an icy stare as if I had just cheated on him with his best friend, as if I have done the worst thing any person could ever do. Fo...
33.7K 796 62
Peyton is now 20 years old 2 1/2 years after her and Chandler broke up and that she found out she was pregnant with his child. Chandler had moved on...
16.2K 428 7
finished - july 16, 2017 In which they can't fucking stand each other... for the most part.
1.2K 64 20
You wanna play guitar? you wanna make music? Work hard.