The Choice

By Abha3006

Meet Tarun Mehra, all his life he had enjoyed the appreciation and adoration. Blessed with looks and physic o... More

Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Epilogue
Cast & trailer

Chapter-27

12.1K 884 44
By Abha3006

''Can you please call Kajal Mehra and tell her her husband is waiting in the reception.'' Tarun requested the receptionist.'' She stared at him for a minute

''There is a meeting going on, you can call her on her phone.''

''If I could, I wouldn't be  requesting you. Now, please do it because there is an emergency.'' He said in a stern voice making her flinch. She nodded and picked the phone to dial in the board room

***

Kajal wanted to snap at all sitting in the board rooms. Their ideas sounded stupid to her, she scratched her head. Kajal had already given them a brilliant collection based on the idea being discussed right now and it  didn't interest her more. 

She had been here since morning and was terribly missing Tarun, she wanted to speak to him but couldn't find her phone. She thought but couldn't recall bringing it with her. She didn't pay attention after that.

Robin sat silently through the meeting, his eyes only on Kajal , she looked perfect. He had noticed her coldness towards him and that hurt. Robin  decided to speak to her once the meeting was over, he had come prepared to convince her on his feelings and incapability of Tarun. He frowned when he  noticed her checking the time every now and then, she wasn't interested in the meeting . He knew she would leave the minute the meeting gets over. He decided to buy some time and on pretext of fixing his lace he stole her phone from the bag which was placed on the floor. For two years since Kajal had started working with Enchanted , he had closely studied her. He knew how she spoke, where she kept her things . She wasn't a person who would just cling to her phone, she just would dump it in her bag and times would even forget it. Excusing himself he moved out for a minute, He switched it off, pulled out the sim and inserted  in a wrong way so that her phone turns unreachable. He gestured the office boy who was taking in the coffee and snacks, he asked him to hand it over to Kajal stating she dropped it outside.  

''So Kajal what do you have to say about it?'' Robin asked

Kajal didn't look at him, she glanced at each of the board members and replied, ''I guess there is some confusion, Enchanted had already launched a similar collection and the idea is no different from the last one. I don't understand how Robin being responsible for bringing unique collection every time can suggest repeating one this time.'' 

Kajal's words bought attention directly on Robin, the members looked pissed for the their time being wasted. Kajal smiled, ''I would like to speak to the board members minus Robin.''

Robin looked around, with a nod he left the room a little worried about what would Kajal speak about right now. 

After few minutes Kajal stepped out and walked past him and didn't bother to greet or look at him. ''Kajal , listen to me.'' he called out after her but she didn't stop , instead she picked her pace up walking towards the exit.

''Will you call her or I should take some action.'' Kajal steps halted when her eyes fell of a very agitated Tarun. Few minutes ago one of the secretary informed about his arrival and she quickly excused herself walking out of the reception. Her anger knew no bounds when she discovered her lost phone suddenly. She understood when she checked the sim, that was enough she had decided to bring Robin down but before that seeing her husband was important.

''Kajal you can't walk off ignoring me like that.'' Robin said grabbing her by arm. The call of her name made Tarun turn, his blood boiled watching an unknown man holding her arm. She was definitely not comfortable and pissed Tarun to the core. Gone was his calm demure, he marched to Robin, removed his grip on Kajal's arm grabbing his neck, ''How dare you touch my wife?''  

Robin was taken by surprise, he didn't expect Tarun to turn up on Kajal going unreachable. He gasped for breath but  Tarun was beyond mad. Kajal had already put her point in front of board about not being comfortable working with Robin but what he did today had made her decision firm to never work with Robin ever again. For now she was frozen witnessing Tarun's anger. 

''I should have broken your face the moment your deed of manipulating her in emotional state was out , today you crossed all your limits.'' Tarun's anger knew no bounds. The moments he lived worrying about her had made him all the way angrier. Kajal looked around , people were now gathering around watching the little drama. She moved closer to  Tarun, ''Let go!''

He didn't, instead his grip turned harder, ''I want to snap your neck into two! Don't you understand she isn't interested. Next time I see you anywhere near my wife, be ready to go home broken.''

Kajal moved and placed her palm on his over his heart, that had a calming effect ''Please, let's go home.'' Tarun looked at Kajal once and then moved his angry gaze at Robin, with a jerk he pushed Robin hard. Grabbing Kajal's hand, he walked out to his car. He pulled open the passenger door for her and she e quickly moved in , a little worried about his silence. Tarun took deep breaths but when he couldn't control his anger,  he banged the top of his car hard making Kajal jump. She pushed the door slightly to step out but he pushed it back, his eyes met hers and strange feelings transpired between the two. He understood her worry , ''I am fine!'' She nodded, not asking more.

Tarun drove in silence and Kajal just kept her eyes on the firm lines of face, she waited for him to speak. After sometime he parked and she looked around surprised, ''Hospital ! Wha..What's wrong?''  Her fears started kicking in. He pulled her closer, supporting her scared form. He walked her to the room where her father was being admitted. Kajal's legs trembled watching her father on the bed, Traun held her. He walked her to her father and made her sit, ''I will be out.''

''What happened? and Why didn't you guys call?'' Kajal asked her body shivering in fear.

''Nothing, he complained about chest pain and I panicked. When we came here, doctors said it was just gastric trouble but I insisted them to keep under observation for a day. '' Sheela briefed. Kajal pecked the back of her dad's hand, ''I am sorry, I should have reached earlier.'' She sobbed

''Kajal, you have an amazing husband.When we couldn't reach you, your mother  called Tarun and he managed all so easily. Saqib came with the ambulance ,did all the formalities and Praveen hadn't moved since he reached here. Above all , Tarun called your mother every half an hour to check on me. His parents too are here, don't lose him.''  her father said

''I won't dad but promise me you will be careful.''

''Yes, I would be. Here on, I won't have any thing which would trouble my stomach.''  Arun promised.

She greeted her in laws who walked in after giving her sometimes with her parents. ''Don't worry, he is fine.'' Devyani consoled cupping Kajal's face. She just nodded. Walking out of the room she leaned against the wall letting out the breath she had been holding for so long. Closing her eyes, she recalled past few hours, her father's words about Tarun ringing in her ears with flashes of Tarun's display of emotion at her work place an hour ago made her heart flip . She wanted to thank him, walking through the lobby she looked around but couldn't find him. She peeped out of the window and found him in the lawn area. He stood  all alone with his back to her . She smiled and walked to him quickly, her steps halted when she saw smoke out of his fingers, ''You are smoking again.''

''I am stressed. You go in, I will join in 10 mins.'' He replied without turning. She walked past him and stood facing him, ''So am I Tarun, and came here for your support but you are smoking.''

Tarun opened his mouth to argue but one look at her face he decided against it, he threw the bud in a dustbin and walked back to her, ''I won't smoke around you, I promise.''

She took a step and handed her form into his rams, ''Hold me.'' She pleaded and he did, close to his chest and firmly. ''He is fine Kajal, I checked with doctors twice. They said his heart is all fine, there is nothing to worry.''

''I am still scared Tarun, very scared.''

''Don't be, I am here and will always be with you.'' He replied caressing her head

''Do you Promise me that Tarun.''

''Yes Kajal, I promise you my support for life.'' He replied , she smiled and buried her head in his chest. He smiled tightening his arms around her.

''They really wanted divorce? Doesn't look like that to  me .'' Saqib said to Praveen as they stood watching the couple from a distance. 

''Same here bro, the only issue is they aren't confessing what they are displaying so openly. I wish they understand that what they have for each other is way beyond likeness, its love. How can someone be so blind to something which is so obvious to others.'' Praveen said.

''Happens Praveen! We tend to get confused most at the time when all are answers are right in front of us. They had a rocky start, but even then they shared something. Tarun is yet to realize that he had fallen for Kajal at their Shimla trip. Why, I don't know. The day he realizes, all will fall into place.'' Saqib added

''I have a urge to disturb them'' Praveen said.

"Then get ready to get disturbed on your wedding night.'' Saqib warned and Praveen gave up the idea instantly.

***

Next morning Arun got discharged . Tarun took off to be with Kajal and her parents. He helped them in every sense, evening Kajal's parents asked her to go back but she was not ready to leave her father alone. ''I am not leaving you alone'' Kajal put her down

''Kajal, don't behave like a child. You have been ordered by court.'' Sheela chided her daughter.

''Mom, this is about Dad. I am not going till I am sure.'' Kajal refused to budge

''Then I will stay here, I guess court won't have in issue with that.'' Tarun interrupted, Kajal 's parents shared a look as Kajal blushed under all the gazes. She quickly got up, ''I will make arrangements for him.'' She ran off with a thudding heart, in span of 24hrs Tarun had showed so many shades which left Kajal overwhelmed and they way he looked at her now made her all together more nervous.

''What is there to arrange? He will share your room.'' Sheela passed the verdict and Tarun left to get few of his belongings. He understood Kajal's need to be with her parents and on the other hand he wasn't ready to leave her when their relationship had taken a beautiful turn.

Kajal led Tarun to her room, ''Freshen up, we will be waiting for you at dinner table.'' She fled after parting the message. He frowned at her sudden change in attitude, she was blushing too much. After changing he joined every body at the dine-in table and Sheela was at her best making her son in law comfortable. Kajal spoke the least , her eyes just on her plate yet she ate nothing.

''Are you just going to look at it or you eat?'' Sheela asked and Kajal dropped her spoon. Tarun just smiled. he understood her nervousness, . He decided to keep quite. Once in the room, he took one corner of the bed and watched his wife hopping from one corner to other. She looked nervous as she pulled out a dress and then kept it back, she went back to the her cupboard and dropped everything in pulling a single tshirt out.

''Can I help?''

''Umm....No. I am fine.'' She replied in not so Kajal like voice . She wasn't looking at him and doing all to avoid his gaze. She stuffed all she had dropped, push closed the cupboard and then struggled trying to lock it. Tarun smiled, he got up and stood behind her. He watched the drama for a minute before pushing door hard locking it in one go. He didn't remove his palms and kept Kajal locked between them, ''Now, why are you behaving so wired?'' He asked

''No...I am not. I guess you are mistaken.''

He held her by shoulders turning her around, ''Now, why are behaving like this.''

''Like what?''

''Like Tarun and not like Kajal.'' his explanation now made her look up, he smiled then explained, ''Do you remember our wedding night, I was more nervous than you. On the other hand you couldn't stop laughing, and today you are behaving as if we just got married.''

''No...its just.'' She couldn't frame the sentence and he didn't ask further. He cupped her face, ''We are friends Kajal , before being a couple. Its fine and I understand.'' She was thankful that he knew how to make things normal. She changed and joined him on the bed, keeping the comfortable distance. This time he took the first step, moving closer he wrapped his arm around her pulling her back to his front, ''Sleep Kajal, I will always be here.'' The words gave her immense happiness and comfort, closing her eyes she relaxed giving in to the deep slumber.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have mentioned in Royal update that i would be travelling for Diwali, there will be less or no updates between 3-12 th of November. 

Do drop in your views and comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590K 16.6K 43
Meera Maholtra, 22 years old, got a wonderful family living in the U.K. Attending University with her Bestie Sarah. BUT of course what happens in ev...
198K 7.5K 23
The love story of a playboy turned good and a sweetheart who had her heart broken. Will they ever be able to get past what they've gone through and l...
22.4K 856 18
"I will break your ego by marrying you and leaving you alone,I will see how you will face the world" he said. And he did what he said. After some t...
2.1M 82K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...