Just Fate || Arthur Curry √

By BookLover864

||Meet 29 year old Mikayla Kael|| A former marine biologist who quitted her job because of an accident and be... More

*Cast*
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
NOTICE
chapter three
chapter five

chapter four

2.1K 59 19
By BookLover864

"How did you do that?"

Aquaman walked towards me with heavy steps, making me move backwards. Repeatedly. The spear that was once in my hand, vanished into the water. We stopped at soon as my foot sank into a squishy and soft spot of the sand where there was a hole beneath. Perfect.

"Um.." With my foot sinking in the sand, I was a bit smaller than him. I had to stretch my neck so I could seem less embarrassed.

"How. Did. You. Do. That?"

I rolled my eyes. Um, impatient much? I sarcastically said in my head.

"I don't know." I simply stated, shrugging. My eyes trailed away from his face to the ground. Before it could get any weirder, he moved a step forward and there was only a one inch gap between us.

"How can you not know? Things like these happen for a reason. Now I wanna know yours."

"For goodness sake! I don't know! I just kept on hearing a voice in my head telling me to do this and that! When I did what it said, this happened!"

After being quiet for almost five minutes, a thought occurred. So I raised back my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "I have a question."

"No thank you."

"Why are you here?"

"None of your business, lady."

"Well whatever I just did earlier isn't also your business, now is it?"

Silence once again. I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off by finally answering my question.

"I always come here to bring food for the people."

"Now that wasn't hard, right?" I mocked him, showing him a goofy grin.

He shook his head, probably thinking, "I swear I will kill this girl with my bare hands." I muffled my laugh. Just imagining him thinking that made me laugh in ridiculousness.

Suddenly, the voice of an old man who was behind Aquaman startled the both of us. We turned our heads to it's direction and saw Johnny. What came out his mouth next made me widen my eyes.

"Arthur, you're back!"

I blinked rapidly. "Arthur? You're name is Arthur?"

My question was rudely ignored by Arthur who speedily walked to Johnny and embraced him. I lifted my leg to walk towards them but then realized I was still stuck.

I could hear heartily chuckles coming from them. Not because of me, but because they were happy to see each other. Their hug was quickly cut off when I purposely cleared my throat out loud.

"A little help here, Arthur?" I mischievously said, flashing a grin at him.

Both of us stared into each others' eyes, glaring. It was then interrupted by Johnny's laugh.

"Oh you youngsters. Arthur, meet Mikayla. She and her friend just moved in into this house." Johnny delightfully said, making me give Arthur a 'hi-neighbour' face.

"Now, what are you both doing here and why do you seem shorter, Mikayla?"

I chuckled nervously. "Long story."

After I was finally pulled out of the sand, Johnny told me there was a festival in a few days. He said they were celebrating their 20th anniversary living in the town and as neighbours, both Rhea and I have to attend.

The festival was on a Thursday night which I had to go meet up with an old friend. So I said to Johnny that I might be late where he just replied with an okay.

"Well I'll see you later. I have work in a few hours and I need to get ready. Bye." I said, before giving a warm smile to Johnny and a glare to Arthur, then began to walk back into the house.

Yet I was stopped by Arthur who gripped my arm and turned me around to face him. He dipped his head lower and whispered, "I will find who you truly are."

I tried to unloose his grip but he wouldn't budge. Therefore I raised my leg and kneed him. His hand unleashed mine as he dropped to his knees and clutched his stomach.

"Psycho." I walk speedily into the house, ignoring all the curse words that left his mouth.

What a day.

School finally ended as usual. I drove back home as fast as I could to get ready. Hurriedly, I took out the red crimson dress that I bought not long ago for a special day. Who knew I was going to use it to meet up with an old friend?

"Why are you smiling like an idiot while staring in the mirror?"

Flinching, I turned to the door to see Rhea with her left forearm resting on the wall. My eyes scanned Her whole outfit. Why was she wearing tight jeans and a hazelnut coloured sweater that matched her brown winter coat with her ginger hair tied up into a ponytail?

"Why are you wearing that?" I pointed my finger at her clothes.

"What? Um.. The festival?"

I widened my eyes. "Oh my god, I forgot."

I couldn't believe that I forgot even after Johnny told me like few hours ago. Un-freaking-believable. Looks like I have to change my plans, I thought.

Heading towards my bed, I snatched my phone and quickly texted Gabriel, my old friend aka my ex. We never wanted to breakup but since he was going to Korea, we had to split up. Long distance relationship wasn't really our thing.

I texted him.

Hey, do you mind if I leave early?

I waited..

Bing!

Yeah, sure! Why, if you don't mind me asking??

Well you see.. I just moved into a new neighborhood and today was their annual festival. It'd be quite rude of me to not attend.

Oh of course you can leave early. Besides, we still have tomorrow.

A smile crept onto my face. Butterflies swarmed my stomach, making my heart do flips. I wonder if he still has that ring I gave him?

"I think you've lost your mind."

My attention swiftly went to Rhea who's eyebrow was lifted. Then she crossed her arm and walked slowly to my direction.

"Who is it?" She sang.

"None of your business, woman."

"Oh come on. I haven't seen you smile like this in ages! I'm curious to whom is making you like this."

Rolling my eyes, I dropped my phone, spun her around and pushed her out of my room. "Like I said, none of your business."

Hence, I slammed the door before seeing her sticking out her tongue at me. It was like taking care of a five year old girl who just couldn't stop being a pain in the butt.

"Children.." I muttered.

"I heard that!"

Welcome To Marinelife! Hope you have a great visit!

I raised my eyebrows, confused to why the sign was very broken. And much more confused at the location Gabriel asked me to meet up with. It was an abnormal place to meet up. At least I got rid of the person who was sort of following me earlier on.

Since I reached a dead end, I dismounted my car and tried to open the gate. Of course it was locked. Perfect. I had to wait for Gabriel to get inside. So much for being early and giving him a surprise.

My eyes went from the gate to the building that was inches away. Between the gate and the building was a gigantic statue of a whale. Seeing it reminded me of my crucial past. Okay, was Gabriel trying to piss me or what?

Exhausted already, I ended up climbing the gate. Then I walked towards the building, which took me minutes before entering. The sight of the inside was incredible.

Although, there were things that were smashed. There was a round huge table in the middle, where there were broken computers all over. What happened here, I thought?

Everything was a mess.

Why did Gabriel wanted to meet up here?

Suddenly, the sound of metal dropping caught my attention quickly. As my eyes trailed over to it, I realized it was coming from an open door with light on. Weird. Very.

Slowly, I went inside to see an enormous circular aquarium filled with water. Above it was like a long metallic balcony, probably where people could see the animals inside the aquarium.

What startled me once again was the same sound. And it was coming from the balcony. I found out there were stairs that led up to it. So I followed the sound and it brought me a view of the inside aquarium.

Then there was this tight know in my stomach. As if there was something wrong about this. About everything. Where is Gabriel? And where the hell is the sound coming from?

Creak..

"Who is it? Come out!" I yelled, trying to make whoever was in the building leave.

Panic took over me, that I didn't realize what I had done. I had my hand pointing to the water in the aquarium. Probably not the best idea to do so. Because what happened next was another shocker.

The same spear that I unknowingly created earlier was then in my hand. And like usual, it transformed from water into its real form.

At first, I thought it was just a dream after I had that encounter with Arthur and that giant wave. Maybe I'll soon wake up, I thought. But it wasn't. It was real. Because there was no way I had the brains to even make it up.

The orb..

My attention quickly diverted to the orb that I saw in my dream when I was just a kid. Or maybe it wasn't. Then I remembered the woman. That cruel, merciless woman who almost killed a child.

Velora Crimson.

Just thinking about her made me shudder. I couldn't believe it. She was real. That so called dream I had when I was a kid, was never a dream. It was like she was meeting up with me. But through my head.

Which also reminded me. After that "dream", I found very disturbing news. One of them was about a strange rock that fell from the sky and landed at an unknown field. Days later, FBI came to investigate. What they saw, no one knew. Only them.

However, I heard that whatever creature was inside that rock, was frozen into solid ice and was kept in a secret facility. Scientists have been trying to figure out where it came from and why.

Unfortunately, years later, the frozen creature broke out and escape. This happened a day before I had that "dream." Thankfully, my family left the country and went far away.

I was glad. For 14 years, I was finally escaping that horrible past. And now, it's coming back.

Creak...

Before I had the chance to fully turn around to stab whoever was there and then run away, my spear was kicked away. It flew into the air before landing back into the water, turning back to liquid.

Without knowing, a hand gripped my neck, causing me choke. Hence, I tried to claw my way out of the deathly situation. In the meantime, the skin of the hand was quite bizarre. Not in a good way.

Rough, scratchy was what it felt instead of smooth and soft. This.. was no person. Come to think of it, it did seem familiar. But who? With my neck being choked, my eyes automatically closed.

Yet I wanted to see who set it all up.

Who... Pretended to be Gabriel.

Who also had the decency to lead me to the Marinelife just to be killed.

Slowly and hesitantly, I opened my eyes. At first, everything seemed blurry and foggy. Then I squeezed my eyes to focus before everything became clear again. My breathing went from normal to abnormal, my eyes from squeezed to widened and my heart rate from slow to fast.

No way. She's real..

With a shock expression on my face, I opened my mouth to say, "you."

"Hello there, chosen one.."

A/N:

Please forgive me!🙏🙏

I am so deeply and humbly sorry!

I've been caught up with some things but now that's everything seem okay, I'll try to make the following chapters faster.

Anyways.. Has anyone seen the movie Aquaman?

Whew. That kiss tho. My heart is doing flips just thinking about it.

Let me know what you think about this chapter AND also the movie (if you have seen it)

Ciao!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 1.1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
250K 7.2K 130
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
146K 7.8K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
86.2K 249 4
You and your husband decide to invite his friends over for the super bowl, but things take a wildly hot turn towards the end of the night