I Don't Cower

By Hate_You__Love_You

My father's death lead to my mother remarrying to another man in less than a year. She replaced the only man... More

Signed Off
Day One
Day Two
New Home
Secrets
Rules
How About No
Snapped
Miss Lovato
Is This Home?
I Got You
You Thought Wrong
No Growling
You Don't Get It
Reagan
Consequences
Location
Bad Influence
Age
Safe with Me
Safe Words
Slip
Code Black
Almost Safe
I'm Not Playing
My Ashley
I'm Okay with That
Can You Play Another?
Getting to Work
At All Costs
New Neighbors
Bombs
Intercepted a Text Message
Your Turn
It's Showtime
The Shed
Not Crazy
Anything but No
Sequel or Nah?
Sequel is Out!

Backup

3.2K 131 23
By Hate_You__Love_You

POV: Demi

"Backup is approximately one minute away. I'm detonating the bombs. Cover your ears." Matt warned us and I quickly covered Ash's ears, forgetting about mine. She's my priority.

The whole bunker shook as one after another bomb went off. Ashley was shaking, but she was quiet.

For another ten seconds bombs went off around different parts of the property as Matt set them off wherever he saw Reagan's men.

"Almost done?" I glanced over at Matt as I covered one of my ears against Ashley's neck and another with the side of my arm as the bombs continued to go off.

"Eleven more." Mark was counting them.

"Stay back for ten more seconds guys. Headlights off." Matt spoke into a walkie talkie before hitting more buttons as he watched the security footage closely.

I counted the shakes.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Uhhh, he said eleven right?

I looked up to see Matt holding his finger over one of the buttons before pressing it dramatically. "Hehe, fuck you bitch." Matt chuckled.

"Did you kill Reagan?" I asked as I uncovered Ashley and I's ears.

"No, I killed the guy who spit on me a few months ago." Matt looked over his shoulder. "Reagan stayed back. She waited for her men to test the waters. She's on her way over now. The way I have it set up, backup will come in right behind her."

"How many did the bombs take out?" Mark asked as he kept glancing at the security footage for inside the house.

"Nearly half of them. Most of the half are dead, but some are injured and there is no way they can continue, especially without legs." Matt winced when he scrolled through the footage. We had cameras set up in the trees scattered around the property. Each bomb had its own camera.

"Where is backup? They're entering the house now?" Mark whispered. They can't hear us, but with all of the bombs going off it could've damaged something, so we'd rather be safe than sorry.

"ETA seven seconds to the driveway." Matt answered in a whisper as well. "Here comes Reagan, and damn is she pissed."

I got up and marched over to the footage to see the bitch stepping over her men's dead bodies. She even stepped over the ones that are still alive and begging for help as if they were already dead. Fucking heartless bitch. "I need you to stay quiet for me Ash. Only whispering, okay?" I turned to her and she nodded her head.

"We have an emergency bomb set up inside the house. It's for last resort. We'd be safe in here, but it's possible that we'd get trapped and we can't exactly call for help since this is mafia affairs and cops don't mess with us as long as we don't mess with them." Mark mumbled quietly as he watched Reagan and her men wander the house, looking for whoever set the bombs off. Surprise bitch! We're under your dumbass, but the five guys... not so much.

They're scattered throughout the house. Hell, one is in the fridge. They cleaned it out and put all of the food in a cooler so one could actually hide in it as long as they unplugged it. One is under the couch cushions that we had cut so one could hide under them. The rest are inside the wall since it's a much older house; the walls are about three feet wide with nothing in between them but a few wires here and there, so they're all set with the few hidden doors that are in the walls.

Reagan took her assault rifle and shot all of the kitchen cabinets, and went over the fridge. Luckily it's bullet proof to a certain extent. She didn't speak a word the whole time she basically shot and prayed it would hit someone.

My men can get shot and not make a noise though. They've practiced pain control to the max.

"Here is the backup." Matt whispered as the guys ran through the forest in all black armor. All had a gun or two. One guy had a shit ton of grenades and such on him.

"Draw their attention outside and then the guys on the inside flank them. Bring the heat hot and heavy." Mark spoke into his walkie talkie as the few men we could see nodded. Their earpieces being their lifeline right now.

It took me a second to realize that the guy with the grenades was my main muscle, Tank. He made himself known by tossing a mini grenade into the window of one of the bedrooms, killing and injuring a few men as the rest of my men circled the house and constricted around it like a boa constrictor suffocating its prey.

"Frank, take out the guy looking out the window." Mark whispered into his walkie talkie and a guy who was in a tree nodded before aiming his silenced sniper rifle at the guy.

He dropped dead as the glass shattered around him.

"Fuck! Find them!" Reagan yelled loud enough for us to hear her clearly.

"Stealths, pick as many off as possible in the next fifteen seconds." Matt whispered into his mic before scrolling through the security footage. All of the cameras are very well hidden.

I watched as men around the house dropped like flies and Reagan ran from the windows.

"Outside team, open fire. Go loud and be careful. Inside team, wait for my call." Matt whispered into his mic and it quickly got loud as hell, so I rushed over to Ash to hold her and rock her back and forth, doing my best to comfort her as she quietly sobbed in my chest.

"You're okay baby. I've got you. She's not going to get you." I pressed kisses to her face randomly and she started to calm down.

"Tank, get a smoke grenade in the kitchen. Fridge guy, turn on your heat sense goggles and get ready to go loud." Mark mumbled into his walkie talkie. I could tell it was itching him to get out and help, but it would give away our position.

Tank tossed a smoke grenade through one of the windows that got shot out and within three seconds the kitchen was covered in smoke.

Muzzle flashes of the guy in the fridge's gun was all that could be seen as he started kill Reagan's men left and right.

"Men in the walls, file out. Guy in the couch, keep chillin'." Mark watched the screen as he gave his orders. "On my count, outside team rush in."

The guys in the walls filed out and started to kill Reagan's men as they tried to find the fridge guy through the smoke.

I got up and walked back over to the security footage so I could watch closer.

One of them got shot in the arm, but kept shooting as if it was only a bug bite.

"Three, two, one, go." Mark signaled for the guys outside to rush in.

My men started to jump through windows and run through the doors to cover as we searched for Reagan. "I want Reagan alive." I muttered into my walkie talkie.

I have the most power, so what I say goes. I'm just letting Mark use his tactics for now till things start to get heavy and my men need my orders. They get iffy with anyone else when it gets hot.

Ashley tugged on my arm and made grabby hands, my weakness. Even in this state I can't say no to the grabby hands.

She buried her face in my neck as she relaxed in my arms.

"Where did she go?" I looked over all of the screens. There were at least twenty of them.

"I don't know." Matt typed in the face analyzer and the security system searched for her face.

The scan just kept running and running for what felt like hours.

"She must be in disguise, because I don't see her anywhere." Matt set his head in his hands before focusing back in on the screens.

"Gas masks on. Get the knock out gas going." I spoke into my walkie talkie and all of my men quickly slid their helmets over their heads and flipped a switch on the side of it. "Set them off now."

Gas started to creep throughout the house as my men just stayed in cover, waiting for the gas to do its part. We may be out numbed, but so far the only injury is the guy who got shot in the arm and he already has it wrapped and is ready to keep going.

I watched the clock on the wall closely.

"Safe to move. Some may be half asleep, but without a doubt they're too weak to fight." Mark gave my men the go ahead and they all started to move at the same time, all were low to the ground as they did their best to stay below the gas for cover in case they needed it.

Shots started to ring out. Repetitive shots. Over and over and over again they rang out.

"Who is shooting?" I angrily muttered.

"Not one of our guys. These lights light up when one of their guns fire." Matt pointed at the panel to his left before searching for wherever the shots were coming from.

My men started to drop. Left and right they were taking hits without knowing where they were coming from. I'm hoping their vests will do them justice, but their helmets can only do so much.

Please be okay.

Three people, all with masks on, trotted down the steps carefree.

"Reagan has to be one of them." I muttered.

The two brothers nodded their heads as they continued to watch the security footage closely.

They all took their masks off to reveal Reagan, her brother, and some other guy who seems to have some kind of importance.

She stalked over to the kitchen before picking up an apple and biting into it.

Her head snapped around in the direction of one of the hidden cameras in the wall.

Reagan stalked over to the camera, looked it dead in the lens, and then snapped. All of the screens went black and the whole power unit, both the bunker and house units, went out.

"She knows we're here." Mark mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47 20 10
This is basically a book that means a lot to me. Black Veil Brides practically raised me and though a little cliche, saved my life. Then Halsey was i...
29.2K 744 17
Demetria fanfiction with Y/N💕💕
667K 13.1K 199
Demi Lovato x Female Reader Imagines Please give credit if you put any of my chapters in your books. Do not steal or copy my work. I work very hard...
189K 6.3K 68
Contains the original version of "My Nightingale's Secret" [2014], both the new [2017] and the old [2015] versions of the UNFINISHED sequel and outta...