Winter Flame [Book 4] | Penta...

By heymello

The fourth book to Heymello's Pentagon series! Starting from 'Maybe Tomorrow' to 'Summer Detour' & 'All This... More

Winter Flame #4
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
After Us #5 (Preview)

Chapter 15

424 51 25
By heymello

🎶 Chapter music 🎶

A Lot Like Love
by Baek A Yeon

♪ This is a lot like love
If you're not sure,
hug me now without worrying
and if your heart is pounding,
it's love ♪

__________________

Chapter 15
Dance Into The Night
___________________

[[ JIYOO ]]

I turned at the sound of Changgu's voice. I almost ran and wrapped my arms around him in relief, but instead I was frozen where I stood at the sight of him.

"I'm so sorry," he said again. "I got caught up with people I know inside, and that's not even an excuse. I shouldn't have left you."

When I didn't say anything, he took a few more steps toward me. "Why are you out here? It's so cold." He said softly.

He was right. The cold wind was creeping through the chiffon material of the dress but I still needed the air.

He took off his own coat and wrapped it around me, on the top of my coat. "It's okay," I finally said.

"No, it's okay. I brought you here. I shouldn't have left you."

"Okay, it's not okay." I said, turning to him with a little smile. "But I understand. You can't stay with me all the time."

"Will you still dance with me?" He asked carefully.

"What?" I asked, looking into his eyes. Why am I so jumpy?

Changgu smiled softly, "I said, will you still dance with me? It's what I've been looking forward to all this time."

And then something happened.

Small, white snowflakes fell from the nightsky onto Changgu's black suit.

"Woah," he muttered, watching the snowfall. "Why is it snowing? It's just November." He looked back at me and smiled, and it seemed like slow motion. The way he was standing there and smiling, the way the snowflakes rained on usㅡit was a perfect picturesque.

And then and there, I realized, maybeㅡmaybe I really like Yeo Changgu. Honestly, I may have liked him from the very first night I met him. It's hard to admit to yourself how you really feel for someone when you barely even knew him.

I suddenly felt a little dizzy from the realization.

"Are you okay?" He asked immediately. "Aigoo, let's go back inside. It's too cold."

We went back inside and I was relieved to feel the warmth of the heater. We left our coats in the room, and then Changgu offered his hand to me with a smile, "Dance with me?"

I smiled back at him and took his hand. Some people were already dancing to the slow music. I don't know why despite everything being slow, my heart was beating fast. I couldn't look at Changgu in the eyes and I wasn't sure where to put my hands that trembled a little.

He held both of my hands and gently put them on each side of his shoulders, and then he wrapped his hands on both sides of my waist very lightly. There were no words uttered between us for a while and the distance between us was almost ridiculousㅡand then suddenly, Changgu was accidentally pushed by a by passer, and now we're closer than we should be, our noses almost touching, but none of us moved away like some kind of cliché romance movie.

I was aware that I was holding my breath but I think I've forgotten how to breathe.

"Thank you, Son Jiyoo." Changgu said softly.

"For what?" I mostly muttered.

"For being here."

"Hm, did you really need me to be here at all?" I asked, finally looking into his eyes.

He smiled lazily. "No, but... I feel better that you're here."

When in too much feels, talk about the weather. That's what Mijin told me earlier. "I can't believe it snowed so early. How are we going to survive the coldest season of the year, if we're not even there yet, it's already freezing?"

He chuckled, "Right. What's your favorite season of the year?"

"Hm, winter."

"Really? I thought you'd say spring. Everyone seems to love spring."

I shrugged. "I like sleeping in thick blankets, and I love snow." I said, "What about you?"

"Summer," he replied. "It's the season where most people have free time. I love free time."

I laughed. "Who doesn't?"

We stared at each other for a while. It felt like the whole world was melting away with me. He opened his mouth to say something but he was unheard over the sudden change of music into something upbeat and poppy.

I grinned and pulled away from him, taking his hand and twirling under it. And then I looked at him staring at me in amusement, "You gotta do the chicken dance." I said.

"Nooo!" He said laughing.

"Yes," I raised my elbow and started doing it. Changgu's face turned red while laughing. "Come ooon!"

He eventually joined me and we may have looked like idiots but I was pretty sure we were having the most fun. We experimented on some more hilarious dance steps before we left the dance floor, panting and laughing.

We headed over to the buffet of food and ate. "Woah, that made me hungry." He said.

"Me, too. I haven't danced like that in a while."

He wiggled his eyebrows. "You danced so well."

I giggled. "Shut up."

"Did I do well?" He asked.

I nodded, giving him a thumb up. "Totally! Michael Jackson is shaking in his grave."

He laughed so loud, it felt like an achievement. "Yah!"

"What?" I asked innocently.

He smiled, eyes shining as he shook his head. "Kino would be proud of me."

"Kino?"

He nodded, "My friend. He's a dancer. Let me tell you a secret."

"Oh, I like secrets." I said grinning.

He leaned in and whispered, "I used to be in a dance troupe in high school."

I gasped exaggeratedly. "Woah! Youㅡstop it."

He laughed again, holding a pizza in his hand. "What did I do?"

"Why do you do everything? Is it even possible for someone to have so many skills and talent?"

"Yeah, me." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"It's unfair. When God was blessing people with talent and skills, you were awake to take each dose."

"And what were you doing?"

"At home. Probably sleeping."

"Lie. I'm sure you a talent you're hiding." He said suspiciously.

I leaned in a bit and said to him, "This is a secret but I can move my eye pupil away while the other one stays in the same place."

"Aye, no way! To see is to believe."

"You want me to show you now?"

"Yeah."

I shrugged, "Okay." I looked at him in the eye and willed my other eye to move. Changgu's eyes widened.

"How did you do that?" He asked in amazement.

"Ha. I don't know. I just did."

He clapped his hands twice. "As expected, you're amazing, Son Jiyoo."

I knew he was kidding, but my heart stupidly fluttered anyway.

After filling our stomachs, we went to the photobooth and have some pictures snapped.

"I'll keep this one." I said, showing him the silly faces we made.

"Okay, I'll keep the normal one." He said grinning.

⛄⛄

It was half past eleven and I was in the car waiting for Changgu to return. He went to buy warm drinks in the coffee shop. It's still snowing outside.

I have a hidden secret
I don't know when or how it began
But I'm facing you
Do you feel the same as me?

I turned up the volume of the radio and watched the snow pouring outside.

I've been wondering about it
This is a lot like love
If you're not sure,
Hug me now without worrying
If your heart is pounding,
It's love

The car's door opened and Changgu's coat was filled with snow. He handed me the cup of hot chocolate. "I asked them to put in extra marshmallows." He said.

I grinned as I took it. "Good. Thank you!"

He shut the door and for a while, we just listened to the soft ballad playing on the radio as we watched the snow fall from the sky, warm drinks in our handsㅡand for some reason, I was completely happy.

"I..." He said, "I feel like Seunghyub is by his door right now, waiting for twelve o'clock."

I chuckled, "I told you to ignore him."

"No, I'll drive you home before twelve."

"He's being silly, but please understand him. We're like family now, you know. Have you ever felt that way? When you've known someone for a long time and you've bickered and fought, you've laughed and shared secrets, done crazy things togetherㅡbut a life without them never crossed your mind?"

"Yeah, I know. I feel that way to my friends. I mean, my friends from high school. I think they're the only ones who will put up with me no matter what mood I bring to them." He said with an affectionate chuckle.

"Exactly. I think I could kick Seunghyub and he still won't abandon me." I said laughing.

"Don't kick him though." He said smiling.

I looked at him, and then down at my drink. "Changgu, I..." I began, heart beating fast again. I smiled at him softly. "I hope we could be like that. You know, be there for each other."

"Always?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I hope so, too." He said.

I brought the cup to my lips to hide my smile. Always.

⛄⛄

[[ CHANGGU ]]

I walked Jiyoo up the stairs to her apartment, helping her with her dress so she won't trip. Finally, we reached the front of her door.

She turned to me with a smile. "Good night, I guess. Thanks for tonight."

I shook my head, shoving my hands in my pockets. "Thank you for tonight."

"Okay, we're both thankful."

I looked at her. I looked at herㅡand I felt like I was having trouble breathing. I gently pushed aside hair from her face. "Good night, Jiyoo."

"Good nㅡ"

"Jiyoo-ah, is that you? It's you." Seunghyub suddenly popped out of nowhere, looking very sleepy. He yawned. "Good night, Changgu-ssi." He greeted with a nod.

Jiyoo and I looked at each other and grinned for my hunch came true. I looked at Seunghyub and smiled, "I'll be going. Good night." I began walking down the stairs when Seunghyub said,

"Thanks for bringing her at twelve! Her mom will know!"

"Yah! Can you just stop talking?" Jiyoo asked him, smiling sheepishly.

I smiled again and turned to them. I looked at Jiyoo one last time that night and I don't think I'll ever forget how beautiful she looks tonight. I waved my hand cheerfully. "See you!"

"See you. Drive safely!" She said, waving back.

Well, let's just say, I went home and I went to bed, and I realized I keep on losing my sleep latelyㅡand she's always the reason. A smile formed on my lips as I closed my eyes and see her again until I drifted off to sleep.

If anyone had asked me months ago if I ever thought I'd be this happy again, I'm certain I would have said no.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.4K 27
When the forbidden fate of an apocalypse brings her towards four handsome boys in Daegu; she builds bonds that she never dreamed of having. One becom...
191K 9.1K 29
In a far away land, there are 5 boys, hiding. Why? Because they're scared that people will get scared because of what creature they are. Until, YOU c...
97.8K 3.5K 36
Cover created by @Vhen-_- Itzy, born from rich families yes, but money isn't the answer to all their problems. Tired and just wanting escape. TXT, a...
4.1K 194 16
Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Angst Your name on this unique planet is Chang Y/N, a professional fighter pilot player who trains in the Skystrike Academy to...