Mated to Morpheus

By rottencranberry

Emery has always been troubled. After struggling to accept the sudden death of her mother, she was forced to... More

MTM.0
MTM.1
MTM.2
MTM.3
MTM.4
MTM.5
MTM.6
MTM.7
MTM.8
MTM.9
MTM.11
MTM.12
MTM.13
MTM.14
MTM.15
MTM.16
MTM.17
MTM.18
MTM.19
MTM.20
MTM.21
MTM.22
MTM.23
MTM.24
MTM.25
MTM.26
MTM.27
MTM.28
MTM.29
MTM.30
MTM.31
MTM.32
MTM.33
MTM.34
MTM.35
MTM.36
MTM.37
MTM.38
MTM.39
MTM.40
MTM.41
MTM.42
MTM.43
MTM.44
MTM.45
MTM.46
MTM.47
MTM.48
MTM.49
MTM.50
MTM.51
MTM.52
MTM.53
MTM.54
MTM.55
o.MTM.1
o.MTM.2
o.MTM.3
o.MTM.4
o.MTM.5
o.MTM.6
o.MTM.7

MTM.10

112K 4K 660
By rottencranberry

another nightmare

My hands wrapped around his arm, pulling at him while I watched Johnny's tired gaze flicker between the two of us, both of his brown eyes filling up with tears as he choked on his words. The sparks that I shared with Morpheus erupted along my hands, and it travelled fast through my entire body, but the longer my palms stayed planted onto his bare skin, the faster I was becoming used to the comfort that the sparks gave off.

Stuck between a bunch of unintelligible words and gurgles, the only thing Johnny could do was sit there choking on his last few breaths. It seemed as though that every second he had left of air, he would spend them quickly by trying his hardest to get out a desperate plea of help.

I don't understand, it was the only thought I had. Johnny was strong, he was supposed to be strong.

The world spun around me, and all at once I felt things crashing down.

"Please!" The word scratched against my throat like rocks as I screamed it at Morpheus, "Please, stop!"

Morpheus's large hand only tightened against Johnny's throat as he let out a low growl in response. His top lip curled upwards as he let the tips of his fingernails transform into sharp claws, digging into Johnny's throat easily. My words only seemed to make him angrier than he already was.

Johnny scraped at Morpheus's strong hands, scratching at his arms in hopes of making him stop, but Morpheus showed no mercy, not even when his prey's blood began dripping down his neck in quick, thin lines of crimson.

A cry bubbled in my throat, I could only make a blubber of words, "Joh-Johnny!"

The room was as black as night, the only light source was the bit of it from the lit up hallway that was shining in through the busted down door. However, you could still see the way Johnny's lips were quivering, twisting painfully as they turned a sickening colour of corpse blue.

I pushed my chest against the arm that held Johnny in a tight, killing hold, but it didn't move at all, not even by an inch. All too quick, it moved on its own.

Morpheus pulled Johnny up once again, holding him higher against the wall, and I watched as Johnny let out a distressing, gasp-like noise as he was shoved harder into the wall. In one single movement Morpheus had thrown him off to the side as if he was a rag doll, and had his body slammed against the ground harshly. For some reason I couldn't help thinking that he was holding back, or at least trying to.

My head snapped to Johnny's direction, I let out a sigh of relief as I seen that he now had his hand wrapped around his own throat as soon as he no longer felt that smothering pain in his lungs, finally taking in a fresh breath as his chest heaved up and down.

The man standing in front of me turned, his usual hypnotizing, green eyes locking onto mine, but they weren't what I was expecting because instead I was greeted with cold, flickering black orbs.

A scream ripped through my throat at the sight of them, and my back hit against the wall while I violently kicked my feet out in front of me like I was in a race, the blanket falling off my body as I scrambled to get away. Pinning myself to the wall, I screamed bloody murder as I saw Morpheus turn towards me with his head slightly tilted to the side as he watched my every move.

His body had moved so that I could see the front of him, his wide shoulders still noticeable as he hunched over, his arms coming up to crawl onto the bed, and he slowly started inching towards me as though he was getting ready to pounce, stalking me like I was his prey.

The feral look in his eyes was nothing that I've ever seen before, not even when I was first able to escape his hold.

A cry had gotten stuck once his hand came up to gently caress the side of my face, the palm of his hand warm and electrifying as he ran it down my cheek. I felt my throat tighten as the scream that was going to tear its way out had glued itself onto the inside of my throat, holding it back weakly.

"Mate," his voice deep and rumbling as he stared into my wide eyes, his lips slightly parted as he leaned in closer. Like honey rolling off his tongue.

Hiccuping, I blinked in an attempt to stop any tears that were bound to come flowing down my cheeks, just like the ones that had already stained my cheeks with salt water trails. My body heated as I found myself not being able to move under his gaze.

"E-Emery," the quiet voice behind us spoke up, Johnny's confused voice was completely raw as his words came out rough, lower than his usual higher pitched tone.

In a second, Morpheus's face twisted and contorted until long fang-like teeth started poking out through his lips, canines. His nose turned darker against the shade of his tan skin, the almost perfectly straight shape of his nose had grown out and changed until it resembled a snout. The eyes that reminded me of winter pine trees were turning even blacker as his pupils dilated to the point where you could only see just a sliver of the familiar green, they had become completely beast-like. His face had deformed into one of an animal with rough skin of leather, and soon dark fur had begun sprouting from his face.

Morpheus had pulled back, the look of amazement no longer on his face as he snarled loudly, and staggered back. He leaned over, hunched awkwardly as the back of his shirt ripped straight through the center, his jeans followed as they were easily shredded off with the help of his growing claws.

I gripped the blanket between my fingers, and covered my face with the thick fabric, shielding my eyes from the scene in front of me as I begged silently. The words barely reaching my own ears over the sounds of something breaking, cracking, "Please, please, please, tell me this is just another nightmare," I sniffled.

The sound of heavy steps hitting the ground filled the air, becoming faster as the noise echoed up through the hallway. Another scream escaped me once I heard a bang and a crash come from somewhere in the room.

I ripped the blanket from off of my face, and the first thing I saw was a black, thick coating of fur that belonged to the standing, nearly shifted werewolf in front of me. His body still noticeably huge even when tilting forward as his back curled until another snap was heard, but this time I knew what it was from the way his ribs were practically poking out from under the skin on his sides, his body moulding into one of an Alpha wolf.

Johnny had crawled his way off to the side, grabbing onto the flat top of his desk as he tried to pull himself up or to at least to get out of the way of a livid, hybrid beast. Morpheus slammed himself up against the wall opposite to me, knocking over objects as he did so.

Half god and half werewolf, both sides of him wanting control over the other.

The footsteps from the hallway were louder than ever and before anything else occurred to me, Morpheus was being lunged at by the old Alpha, but he stood no chance once Morpheus realized what was happening and threw the attacker on the ground by simply tossing him over his back. His body moved up and down, his hands gripping both sides of his hair by pulling at his thick locks after easily avoided being tackled.

Max ran in the room and headed straight for me, my eyes lit up as soon as he was in my vision. "Max!" I cried, stumbling as I flew out of the bed.

Once I got close enough to throw my arms around him, to beg him to help Johnny, I tried to grab onto him, but he pulled back and shook his head. "You can't touch me, Emery."

The initial shock slapped at my face, "Wha-What?"

More pack warriors came rushing in, but one was someone I recognized as the pack doctor, however, his usual confident 'I know organs and stuff' stance was no longer there, and instead he ran in frantic, panicking as he shakily held a needle up in the air.

"What's happening?" I asked frantically, looking up at Max as I continued, "What are they doing?"

The warriors were grabbing at Morpheus, trying to hold him back long enough for the pack doctor to stick the needle in through the side of his neck. Morpheus's eyes went wide, and I couldn't find it in me to look away as I watched his mouth move, "Ma-Mate."

His eyes blinked, faster as the pack doctor gently took out the needle. Morpheus shook in their hold, knocking them off before reaching his arm out towards me, taking one step forward. Betrayal was thick in my mind, is that what he's thinking? Part of me wanted to speak up. To tell him that this isn't my idea.

"What are they doing to him?" I begged, grabbing onto Max's arm as I asked again, harsher this time, "What are they putting in him?"

Morpheus fell to the floor, landing on his knees before finally slamming the side of his face against the ground.

"They're putting him down."

W O R D C O U N T : 1661

Wow, life really is spinning, ain't it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 681 9
It has been 12 years since the Lycan emerged from the shadows and conquered the world. Today, North America is divided into two dozen Territories ov...
2.2M 111K 55
Book 3 of The Fated Chronicles Nikola Amorenia has only ever known one thing for certain throughout his entire life - that Hagen Calderon was his. Hi...
2.7M 101K 42
Cursed. That's what Alpha Thaddeus of the Dark Moon pack is. Annabel knew one day the curse in his lineage would come to fruition- she just never kne...
2.5K 334 8
Could you re-live a gut wrenching heartbreak? Would you give love a second chance? Should you give into the voice in your head that's screeching, "Ma...